UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the updates...have they established it was actually her using her phone ? The YouTube videos etc?
There was one use of her phone (3:17am) while JC and youth were out disposing of the pyjama top.

I expect they can show it never left the house with their triangulation techniques.

Plus, I doubt Cole/youth were looking up beauty and make up tips, but you never know.

13:40PHILIP DEWEY
Bed room lights switched on and off on morning of July 31
Here are the timings for the early hours of July 31, when Cole and the youth defendant removed Logan’s body from the property.

12.20am: Williamson accesses the Samsung One Home app

12.25: Williamson accesses Facebook app

12.29am: Williamson watches YouTube video

12.36am: Logan’s bedroom light comes on

12.38am: Light goes off

12.41am: Logan’s bedroom light comes on

12.42am: Light goes off

12.46am: Williamson accesses YouTube

12.51am: Williamson watches YouTube video entitled “Spoon is used to remove man’s cyst… Dr Pimple Popper”

12.52.am: Williamson accesses app management notification

1.10am: Williamson accesses Facebook

1.17am: Williamson watches a series of YouTube videos entitled “Large black head abstraction”, “You have never seen ice cream cake made like this”

1.19am: Williamson watches YouTube video “Professional make-up artist, how to look beautiful”.

1.20am: Williamson watches YouTube videos “Not your average BMW E38” and “Viral shorts”

1.21am: Logan’s bedroom light comes on and off

1.22am: Williamson accesses Samsung One Home app

1.23am: Williamson accesses YouTube

1.24am: Williamson watches YouTube video “Conjoined sister born as one now thriving as two”

1.29am: Williamson watches YouTube video “My twin is only four foot three, born different”

1.31am: Williamson watches YouTube video “German lady wants a nose job to look African”

1.40am: Williamson watches YouTube video “Three friends Simon wrong in powerful operatic” and a “Dr Pimple Popper” video

1.41am: Williams watches YouTube video “The cutting and removal and cleaning big long toe nail and various other videos.

1.49am: Light comes on in Logan’s bedroom

1.50am: Light goes off in Logan’s bedroom

2.08am: Light comes on in Logan’s bedroom

2.10am: Light goes off

2.14am: Williamson accesses YouTube.

2.20am: Light comes on in Logan’s bedroom

2.21am: Light goes off

2.22am: Light comes on in Logan’s bedroom

2.24am: Williamson accesses Samsung One Home app

2.26am: Access Samsung Android dialler app

Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

What a fabulously banal cross-section of YouTube material. This trial gets more surreal by the hour.

I am astonished at her YouTube video watching. But it could suggest that she possibly didn't know how serious Logan's injuries were at that point. I mean nobody, surely, would watch a series of random YouTube trash videos if they knew someone in their house was critically injured. If she did, that really is horrifyingly cold-blooded.

I think her account of the previous occasion when she tried to pop Logan's dislocated joint back in before getting him medical attention the following day is really relevant here. In that prior incident, she said she checked on him periodically through the night before getting him medical attention in the morning. Perhaps she was taking the same approach this time - turning the lights on to check on him, assuming he was OK, and turning them off again, while all the time he lay dying? It would have been stupid to assume he was OK given what we now know must have been his physical state, of course, but then she is coming across as a very strange person. And if this is what happened, she has clearly lied to police about it since.

This is very much giving her the benefit of the doubt at this point. JMO

Having followed the case since the beginning, I've found myself hoping that the mother was coerced into participating in the coverup of the abuse and murder of her darling son. The photos and reports about the lovely Logan made me think that she was a good mother. Many women have been known to be taken in by an admiring man only to find out their true nature later on. Only at the start of the testimony was I was forced to consider that she was a full on partner in this cruelty and madness. The stories of visitors watching him not allowed to eat meals with the others, isolated from his father and grandmother, reports of his bad behavior. AW had lots of opportunity to seek help if she wanted to. Maybe with the birth of Cole's son, she turned away from Logan. Something's not normal. I'm getting goosebumps from fright just reading the testimony. How a mother could see her son suffer and die with no mercy is so beyond my imagination. I can't give her a pass anymore and I hope the jury doesn't either.

MOD NOTE:

This post lands at random:

Many off-topic posts have been removed.

It is very clear in TOS (aka The Rules) that when an OP is removed, all responses emanating from it are also removed.

Websleuths has 205,000+ members and our few volunteer Moderators do not operate as a steno pool by editing the numerous responses (and responses to those responses, etc).

The person accused in this case has not received a formal psychological diagnosis. Please refrain from further discussion of this non-existant diagnosis.

- Knitty

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sitting here looking at the glorius sun shining and blue skies, and no updates for over half an hour. I'm being drawn outside for fresh air and a walk. Please feel free to take over the updates, or I can continue them when I get back later.

Boy's bedroom light 'switched on and off' before body removed, jury told
Interesting, it seems from this the delay in posting was due to legal arguments.

Also, it seems they have established that “the youth”’s YouTube history includes a lot of dr pimple popper (disgusting but hey) including the blackhead removal one accessed on AW’s phone.

There was one use of her phone (3:17am) while JC and youth were out disposing of the pyjama top.

I expect they can show it never left the house with their triangulation techniques.

Plus, I doubt Cole/youth were looking up beauty and make up tips, but you never know.

I agree the make up video is a spanner in the works ...but all the other videos are ...how to describe..weird / sick ..videos I'd possibly attribute (albeit stereotypically) to a warped teenager.
I doubt it wasn't her using the phone up until the males left the house ..but I wondered if they may try that

15:17PHILIP DEWEY
CCTV of daylight hours
Following a lengthy, legal discussion away from the jury, Caroline Rees QC asks for CCTV footage from the daylight hours of July 31, 2021, to be played to the jury, who have now returned to court.

15:25PHILIP DEWEY
Cross examination
John Hipkin QC, for the youth defendant, cross examines Michelle Claxton.

He makes reference to the curtains in Logan’s bedroom opening after Cole and his client leave the house, with Cole holding Logan’s body.

The barrister said there was a 54 second gap between Cole and the youth leaving the house and the curtains opening.

Ms Claxton confirms this.

Mr Hipkin also referred to Williamson viewing 17 YouTube videos.

He said: “They show esoteric interests don’t they?”

Ms Claxton said: “Yes.”

The barrister runs through the topics of the videos.

These included:

“Spoon used to remove man’s cyst”

“Dr Pimple Popper”

“Large black head extraction”

“Professional make-up artist”

“BMW”

“Conjoined sisters”

“Pain Management”

“TMI accessory tragus removal”

“Cleaning big long toenail”.

15:25PHILIP DEWEY
Videos
Mr Hipkins said: “There’s an issue about whether it’s Angharad Williamson (using the phone). Can you just confirm you were sent a schedule by the defence (for the youth) to check to see what pattern of YouTube activity there was in the past?”

Ms Claxton said: “Yes.”

Mr Hipkins continued: “The data you were given was between June 2 and August 1, 2021.”

He said that during this time, Dr Pimple Popper videos had been viewed 27 times.

The “Large black head extraction” video had been viewed 140 times between 2019 and 2021.

The court was also told toenail videos had been viewed three times between June and August 2021.

Ms Rees says the trial cannot proceed further today so the jury are sent home.

The trial will resume tomorrow morning.

Boy's bedroom light 'switched on and off' before body removed, jury told

Interesting, it seems from this the delay in posting was due to legal arguments.

Also, it seems they have established that “the youth”’s YouTube history includes a lot of dr pimple popper (disgusting but hey) including the blackhead removal one accessed on AW’s phone.
I'm not sure from the last update of the day whether the youth's counsel was referring to AW's youtube history or the youth's.

It sounds as if AW is denying she was using her phone, but I can't see why his defence would be submitting data that makes the case for him using her phone even worse.

Not the best reporting today.

The YouTube history is interesting legally, because it introduces questions of how much you can use someone's phone activity as a form of surveillance, as it were. Can we infer what AW was doing based on her phone activity? She might argue not, and the fact that the youth's history (if we've interpreted that correctly) is similar strengthens that position imo.

Also, specifically with YouTube, can anything be inferred from the fact that videos were playing? It doesn't prove that anyone was watching, and given that YT autoplays maybe no one was even holding the phone at the time. It would be interesting to know if the forensic analysis shows whether each video was specifically selected or whether a whole load autoplayed one after the other.

If phone/internet activity can't reliably be used to implicate, presumably it's equally weak as an alibi. I'm interested to know what legal precedents there are for either. (I'm not a lawyer, just curious.) The fact that the jury was sent out and the trial has now stopped for the day suggests to me there's a difference of opinion about this.

I think it will be obvious to the jury who was using the phone, after hearing all the evidence and not just the snippets we are getting. AW was moving the curtains so whether she was on her phone or not doesn't make an awful lot of difference.

I'm wondering if the youth may have been in foster care during the time the youtube videos were viewed. Whose phone history were they even referring to today?

from today's blog:

"Mr Hipkins continued: “The data you were given was between June 2 and August 1, 2021.”

From earlier articles:

"A girl in the [foster] family told jurors how the boy tried to get her to play at the river alone but she refused as she was scared.

She also alleged he asked her young nieces, aged eight and ten, to play a "murder game" where he would put their bodies in black bags just weeks before Logan's death."

Teen 'asked girls to get in bin bags in "murder game" before killing Logan'

and from the daily blog (post 231 in this thread):

"The witness begins her evidence by outlining the defendant’s involvement with the care system.

She then tells the court about the last contact she had with the youngster when she visited him on June 30, 2021, after he had been returned to his family."

I'm wondering if the youth may have been in foster care during the time the youtube videos were viewed. Whose phone history were they even referring to today?

from today's blog:

"Mr Hipkins continued: “The data you were given was between June 2 and August 1, 2021.”

From earlier articles:

"A girl in the [foster] family told jurors how the boy tried to get her to play at the river alone but she refused as she was scared.

She also alleged he asked her young nieces, aged eight and ten, to play a "murder game" where he would put their bodies in black bags just weeks before Logan's death."

Teen 'asked girls to get in bin bags in "murder game" before killing Logan'

and from the daily blog (post 231 in this thread):

"The witness begins her evidence by outlining the defendant’s involvement with the care system.

She then tells the court about the last contact she had with the youngster when she visited him on June 30, 2021, after he had been returned to his family."
I understood it was AW's phone history asked by the youth's defence to check.

I think it will be obvious to the jury who was using the phone, after hearing all the evidence and not just the snippets we are getting. AW was moving the curtains so whether she was on her phone or not doesn't make an awful lot of difference.

I'm not sure I agree, with respect. I think a mother who was calmly clicking on spot squeezing videos in between going in and out of her dying son's room will have a hard time convincing a jury that she only participated in the cover-up after the fact and under duress. On the other hand, if there's any suggestion that the youth defendant purloined her phone and was looking at videos in the same time window as she was turning the lights on and off and becoming increasingly concerned about an unresponsive child, then she may be able to construct a different, slightly less damning narrative.

JMO, just speculating about unproven events etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke