UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what triggered her to phone 101 on that day? And why Logan being assaulted 5 months before was relevant in that call?

I believe AW previously told their social worker that Logan was being dishonest about the incident (pushed down the stairs by the youth) and how she witnessed the event looking through a crack behind the door.

Five months later, I think AW contacted the police to correct the record for self-preservation. Perhaps she'd been holding the incident over the head of both JC and the youth and for whatever reason decided to come clean/retaliate on this date.

And I have no doubt that Logan suffered the consequences of this revelation -- he was probably soon being told that if the youth and JC now separated from AW, it was his fault. MOO

ETA: Boy allegedly admitted pushing Logan Mwangi down stairs, court told

In January 2021, however, Williamson rang police to report that the teenage defendant had admitted pushing Logan downstairs, the court was told. She told a call handler: “I’ve only just found out.” She said Logan sustained a broken arm in the stair incident.

IMO, she did not just find out but again did not believe Logan when he told AW the truth!

Last edited:
I believe it started during first pregnancy - when she was pregnant with Logan

Ah, I’ve obviously misremembered - with all the breaks in court proceedings & the strange order the prosecution presented the evidence I’m struggling a bit.

I also don’t understand why there was a non-police IT forensics person also reviewing AW’s phone & why they seem to have been instructed so late in the day?

Logan Mwangi: man accused of murder had string of convictions for violence

29 March 2022

A man accused of murdering five-year-old Logan Mwangi has a string of previous convictions including for violence and once claimed he was an ex-special forces soldier, a jury has been told.

John Cole, who is on trial alongside Logan’s mother, Angharad Williamson, and a 14-year-old boy, has convictions including assault causing actual bodily harm, battery and possessing a blade in public as well as offences of dishonesty.

The jury at Cardiff crown court was told the offences, which also included witness intimidation, blackmail and resisting a police officer, dated back to between 1999 and 2007.

Ah, I’ve obviously misremembered - with all the breaks in court proceedings & the strange order the prosecution presented the evidence I’m struggling a bit.

I also don’t understand why there was a non-police IT forensics person also reviewing AW’s phone & why they seem to have been instructed so late in the day?

I figured this was maybe down to discussions that might have been had behind closed doors without the jury. I wonder whether it was a reaction to AW defence barrister assertion that some of the activity on her phone could have been through automatic action rather than deliberately by her. Ie she is going to claim she was asleep all night and that her phone must have been just randomly/automatically dialling. So the prosecution instructed their own separate analysis as part of their case to try to dismiss this at this stage of proceedings rather than being ambushed with it during the defence.

I believe AW previously told their social worker that Logan was being dishonest about the incident (pushed down the stairs by the youth) and how she witnessed the event looking through a crack behind the door.

Five months later, I think AW contacted the police to correct the record for self-preservation. Perhaps she'd been holding the incident over the head of both JC and the youth and for whatever reason decided to come clean/retaliate on this date.

And I have no doubt that Logan suffered the consequences of this revelation -- he was probably soon being told that if the youth and JC now separated from AW, it was his fault. MOO
That was another incident, even earlier than the August 2020 injuries. Logan would have had his 4th birthday in March 2020.

"In March 2020, Williamson brought Logan to school saying she was concerned about his aggressive behaviour.

The witness said: “She said he had hurt her.”

Williamson also said Logan had told her the youth defendant had hurt him but she said this hadn’t happened because she had “looked through a crack in the door”.

Ms Richards said: “She said he was lying and (the youth) hadn’t hurt him.”

The teacher also observed a bruise on Logan’s face, but when they asked him he said he had “poked” himself in school.

When she asked Williamson how these injuries were caused, she said it had been caused after Logan and Cole were playing with a Nerf gun.

She said: “Angharad said the bruise was caused by the Nerf gun hitting him in the face when playing. (She said) John Cole had hit him with a Nerf gun.”

On one occasion, Logan soiled himself in school which Ms Richards described as unusual.

She said: “He was very distressed about it and asked us not to tell mum.”

Ms Rees said: “Did he ask for his clothes to be thrown out?”

The witness said: “Yes.”"

Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates

I figured this was maybe down to discussions that might have been had behind closed doors without the jury. I wonder whether it was a reaction to AW defence barrister assertion that some of the activity on her phone could have been through automatic action rather than deliberately by her. Ie she is going to claim she was asleep all night and that her phone must have been just randomly/automatically dialling. So the prosecution instructed their own separate analysis as part of their case to try to dismiss this at this stage of proceedings rather than being ambushed with it during the defence.

Ah yes, makes sense, thanks

In a previous document, Williamson was described as the following: “Ms Williamson is very much her own person and knows to voice her concerns as required. She remains responsible for her own health and medication.

“She explained her medication is not a sleeping pill but a nerve stimulant to help her relax. She explains she’s been able to parent independently.”
Logan Mwangi murder trial - live updates[/QUOTE]

NES is most often caused by mental stress or a physical condition, including: A heart condition that causes fainting. Diabetes or other metabolic disorders. Emotional pain.

Non-Epileptic Seizures | Cedars-Sinai

Is non-epileptic seizures a mental illness?

PNES are attacks that may look like epileptic seizures but are not caused by abnormal brain electrical discharges. Instead, they are a manifestation of psychological distress. PNES are not a unique disorder but are a specific type of a larger group of psychiatric conditions that manifest as physical symptoms.

The Truth about Psychogenic Nonepileptic Seizures

Are non-epileptic seizures fake?

“Pseudo” is a Latin word meaning false. However, nonepileptic seizures are as real as epileptic seizures and are not consciously or purposefully produced. Nonepileptic seizures are fairly common. According to the Epilepsy Foundation, about 20 percent of people referred to epilepsy centers have nonepileptic seizures.

Understanding Nonepileptic Seizures (Pseudoseizures) - Healthline

Maybe it was such a common occurrence that in this instance she thought it was more of the same and she didn’t recognise the seriousness in this instance. I’m not sure a 5 year old could articulate the difference between levels of pain. The use of the word “ouchy” is like a dagger to my heart because that is the word my sons use when they are hurt - but there is no degrees to it. So as a parent one needs to determine how serious that “ouchy” is. And in AW’s case, i could see how she possibly WAS in denial because Logan’s protestations we’re maybe no different to usual. And she didn’t want to risk going to hospital for the questions it would raise. But I still struggle with her essentially consciously being aware he was dying and still doing nothing about it. But that is why we have juries in this country so we can all bring our own thoughts and interpretations and experiences to bear in order to try to arrive at an appropriate level of justice and truth. (Although I am not sure we will ever know any sort of “truth” in this case).
I think you might be giving her entirely too much credit. :(

I don't think she was unaware of the seriousness of his injuries and his level of pain. JMO

NES is most often caused by mental stress or a physical condition, including: A heart condition that causes fainting. Diabetes or other metabolic disorders. Emotional pain.

PNES are attacks that may look like epileptic seizures but are not caused by abnormal brain electrical discharges. Instead, they are a manifestation of psychological distress. PNES are not a unique disorder but are a specific type of a larger group of psychiatric conditions that manifest as physical symptoms.

“Pseudo” is a Latin word meaning false. However, nonepileptic seizures are as real as epileptic seizures and are not consciously or purposefully produced. Nonepileptic seizures are fairly common. According to the Epilepsy Foundation, about 20 percent of people referred to epilepsy centers have nonepileptic seizures.

In my opinion, all her somatic ailments are caused by her mind.

They are Psychosomatic.

I thought this from beginning as have experience with disossitive seizures from my sister and pain and stress cause her seizures, aw had seizures in her kitchen when told they had found LM which lines up with them being mental health realted the guilt caused stress which resulted in a seizure

I'm in a bit of a twist reading about all the medical conditions she presented with and sought medical treatment for: epilepsy, MS, deafness. Yet she avoided seeking treatment for real injuries her son had. No one is more important than she is, even a suffering child.

16-3-22 Boy threw five-year-old down stairs months before his death, murder trial hears

Learning support officer at Tondu Primary School Wendy John provided a statement which was read to the court, describing Logan as a “happy, caring, loving, and happy, intelligent child”.

But Ms John said she noticed a change in him after the Covid-19 pandemic and he returned to school, saying: “I noticed his stammer got worse and noticed he had lost weight and had dark circles around his eyes.”

Statements from other witnesses that were read at the hearing told of how the youth defendant was prone to having “violent outbursts” and was often verbally abusive to both adults and children.

Williamson was described by a number of people as being “volatile”, “needy”, and a person who “enjoyed being the centre of attention”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Angelinazoomazooma