UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Ere we go ....... going for 'coercive control' imo :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly. Tbf, to my mind, this very much was a coercive relationship, with JC laying down the law about who she could see and what she could do, and I also see it as being subtle - not so much that she was banned from this and that, but that he would make her life miserable until she took the hint about how to behave. But she has to bear her own responsibility imo for crossing that line where she allowed her child to be abused and, imo, abused him herself too, in order to keep things happy with JC. She made choices too.

JMO

…. https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/logan-mwangi-murder-trial-continues-23541147

Questions over SAS and military alleged claims
Cole was asked if he grabbed Angharad by the throat, as was alleged by Jodie Simmons.

He said: “That never happened.”

The defendant agreed there was less physical contact between Williamson and Logan.

Mr Rouch said: “Did you tell him not to hug his mother?”

Cole said: “No… I didn’t tell him not to hug her.”

In response to the barrister’s questions, he said: “I’ve never laid a finger on Angharad, I’ve never touched her.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you tell her certain details about your past?”

Cole said: “She had a copy of my previous convictions.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you tell her you were in the military or the SAS?”

Cole said: “No.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you tell Ethan Bevan you were in the SAS?”

Mr Rouch said: “That would be an untruth.”

Cole said: “Yes.”

Mr Rouch said: “What would be the purpose of saying that?”

Cole said: “You tell me.”

Mr Rouch said: “To say you weren’t someone to mess with.

“Did you tell her you were on an IPP and had a suspended sentence of 99 years?”

Cole said: “Angharad had a copy of my criminal record.”

Mr Rouch said: “I’m going to suggest you told her both of those matters, you were in the military, SAS and the prison sentence and because of your SAS contacts you could disappear.”

Stepfather tells court he helped partner dump five-year-old's body in river but did not murder him | Daily Mail Online

RSBM

In his evidence, he said the five-year-old had become very difficult following the arrival of a new baby in the household.

'Logan struggled with the baby quite a lot, he got jealous,' Cole said.

Cole said Logan had once placed a pillow over the baby's face when the infant was about two months old, and had also 'tapped and hit' it.

I think this was missed from Wales Online reporting

Logan Mwangi murder trial continues with defendant giving evidence

I said you need to take him to hospital because it’s not right'

Mr Rouch asked if Williamson had health issues and was wearing hearing aids.

Cole confirmed this.

He was also asked if Williamson was incontinent.

Cole said: “I was told she was but I didn’t personally see it.”

The defendant was asked about Covid and he said he and Angharad were “extremely cautious”.

Mr Rouch said: “When Logan damaged his arm, you and Angharad were in the kitchen.”

Cole agreed.

Mr Rouch said: “You heard a thud, something had happened, where was Logan?”

Cole said: “He was on the landing in the middle.”

Mr Rouch said: “Was his arm floppy?”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you and Angharad look to see what the damage was?”

Cole said: “Angharad put his arm back in the socket.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you see what the problem was?”

Cole said: “I didn’t do nothing with his arm.”

Mr Rouch said: “You said because of your experience in the SAS you could put the arm back in and strap it up.”

Cole said: “I wouldn’t have popped his shoulder, I didn’t do his arm…. I was the one who said Angharad needed to take his arm to the hospital.”

Mr Rouch said: “You were both reluctant to go to hospital because of Covid.”

Cole said: “I said you need to take him to hospital because it’s not right.”

Mr Rouch said: “She said because of your convictions she said she would say she had put the arm back in.”

I said you need to take him to hospital because it’s not right'

Mr Rouch asked if Williamson had health issues and was wearing hearing aids.

Cole confirmed this.

He was also asked if Williamson was incontinent.

Cole said: “I was told she was but I didn’t personally see it.”

The defendant was asked about Covid and he said he and Angharad were “extremely cautious”.

Mr Rouch said: “When Logan damaged his arm, you and Angharad were in the kitchen.”

Cole agreed.

Mr Rouch said: “You heard a thud, something had happened, where was Logan?”

Cole said: “He was on the landing in the middle.”

Mr Rouch said: “Was his arm floppy?”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you and Angharad look to see what the damage was?”

Cole said: “Angharad put his arm back in the socket.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did you see what the problem was?”

Cole said: “I didn’t do nothing with his arm.”

Mr Rouch said: “You said because of your experience in the SAS you could put the arm back in and strap it up.”

Cole said: “I wouldn’t have popped his shoulder, I didn’t do his arm…. I was the one who said Angharad needed to take his arm to the hospital.”

Mr Rouch said: “You were both reluctant to go to hospital because of Covid.”

Cole said: “I said you need to take him to hospital because it’s not right.”

Mr Rouch said: “She said because of your convictions she said she would say she had put the arm back in.”

So did the youth push LM down the stairs and JC and AW covered for the youth, at that point, by trying to put his arm back in its socket, then lying for a while afterwards I wonder?

JMO

I get the impression they covered up a lot of the youths abuse of Logan because they didn't want social services to catch wind of any of it . They were already under social services because of JC so the youth probably got away with a lot because they were scared of the involvement and it being attributed to them. JMO

My thoughts exactly. Tbf, to my mind, this very much was a coercive relationship, with JC laying down the law about who she could see and what she could do, and I also see it as being subtle - not so much that she was banned from this and that, but that he would make her life miserable until she took the hint about how to behave. But she has to bear her own responsibility imo for crossing that line where she allowed her child to be abused and, imo, abused him herself too, in order to keep things happy with JC. She made choices too.

JMO

It beggars the question, why she got herself out of a previous alleged violent relationship that necessitated window alarms etc, but allowed her 5 yr old child to be treated so violently in the next relationship, (allegedly).
I'm on the fence regarding coercive control at the moment, although I do realise that some people do go from one abusive relationship to the next.

Last edited:
It beggars the question, why she got herself out of a previous alleged violent relationship that necessitated window alarms etc, but allowed her 5 yr old child to be treated so violently in the next relationship, (allegedly).
I'm on the fence regarding coercive control at the moment.

Me too.

Whilst I understand that this doesn’t mean there wasn’t any coercion, this quote from yesterday rings true to me about her character:

RSBM

…….In a previous document, Williamson was described as the following: “Ms Williamson is very much her own person and knows to voice her concerns as required.

Prosecution closes cases in Logan Mwangi murder trial

Defendant claims Logan 'slipped' down stairs
It was put to Cole the youth defendant later confessed to pushing Logan down the stairs.

Cole said: “He couldn’t have pushed Logan down the stairs because he was in the kitchen with me and Angharad.”

He was asked if he remembered Williamson shouting “don’t touch my baby” but he claimed he had “no memory” of the incident.

The defendant maintained Logan had “slipped” down the stairs.

Mr Rouch said: “Were you and Logan butting heads and arguing all the time?

Cole said: “No, I spent loads of time with Logan and taught him so much stuff.”

Mr Rouch said: “Did she talk to you to stop you from arguing, did that happen?”

It was put to Cole he had control and access to Williamson’s bank account.

The defendant said: “I’ve never had access to Angharad’s bank accounts.”

Mr Rouch said: “You had the password to the account.”

The trial adjourns for the day and will resume at 10.30am tomorrow.

Would someone else like to do updates tomorrow?

ETA

I don’t mind doing them, but just aware someone else might like to - we have had some duplicate posts and don’t want to clog up the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member