UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the social worker was for Logan as they were taking him off the child protection register & putting him as a child in need instead.
She was talking about money matters to JC.
He asked about tax reduction, etc.
The youth even told her he didn't need her any more.

That is what I remember.

Last edited:
Why wouldn’t he come to you as his mother? What was going on in his head?'
Angharad Williamson, who is being cross-examined by the youth defendant's barrister John Hipkin QC, was again asked about her treatment of Logan. Mr Hipkin said: “Was there a time you grabbed Logan and told him to 'stop *advertiser censored***** lying?'” The defendant said: “Yes I did.”

Mr Hipkin said: “Did you tell him to tell the truth on the Friday?” Williamson said: “Yes I did…. On the Friday morning.”

Mr Hipkin said: “Did things escalate from there?” Williamson said: “No…. Jay put him in the naughty corner, Jay told me what had happened and I said: ‘Stop *advertiser censored***** lying’.”

Mr Hipkin said: “'Stop *advertiser censored***** lying' to your five-year-old Loges?” Williamson said: “Yeah, I call him Loges.”

Mr Hipkin said: “You said he had been on the laptop.” Williamson said: “He was bashing the keys.”

Mr Hipkin said: “And you told him to stop *advertiser censored***** lying.” Williamson said: “Yes I did.”

Mr Hipkin said: “Did his stuttering start?” Williamson said: “I can’t remember.”

A passage is read out from the defendant’s police interview confirming this

Williamson said: “Yes .”

Mr Hipkin said: “And Jay said: ‘It’s your fault me and your mum argued’.” Williamsons said: “I can’t remember.”

Mr Hipkin said: “This was the day before your son died.”

Williamson said: “Yes I remember my son dying, I remember that day.”

Mr Hipkin said: “You remember him dying?” Williamson said: “I remember the day he died, July 31, 7.15am he was pronounced dead.”

Mr Hipkin refers to a passage in the police interview where Logan put his arms up “like naughty children do”.

The barrister said: “Why wouldn’t he come to you as his mother? What was going on in his head?”

Williamson said: “I’m not Logan… I’m not in Logan’s head so I can’t answer that question.”

Mr Hipkin said: “What went on that meant Logan wouldn’t come to you?”

Williamson said: “Kids can be defiant sometimes, it’s not what you’re implying.”

Mr Hipkin said: “Is this when you picked him up by the collar?” Tearfully Williamson said: “No it wasn’t”

The barrister has finished his cross-examination.

Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as mum gives evidence

The youth even told her he didnt need her any more.
That is what I remember.

This is the evidence you remember I think:

17:48PHILIP DEWEY
Williamson did not mention alleged attack on Logan to social worker
<snip>

At 1.34pm social worker Deborah Williams visited the home for a matter not related to Logan and left at 2.04pm. She was denied entry to the property by Williamson on the grounds Logan had Covid but Ms Williams spoke to Williamson and Cole on the doorstep.

Williamson described Logan as being “up and down” but did not air any concerns or ask to speak to Ms Williams privately.

Cole asked her about her about child benefits and then told her he didn’t need her anymore and she could “*advertiser censored* off now”.

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC said: “If Williamson, as she claims in interview, saw Cole and [the youth] seriously assault Logan on July 29 and she was not involved why did she never tell Deborah Williams during her 20-minute visit? What did she have to hide?”

Prosecution closes cases in Logan Mwangi murder trial

I have nothing in my life. The only thing I can do now is get justice for Logan'

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC begins her cross-examination of Angharad Williamson.

She said: “You said yesterday you had enough of the lies and you’re here to tell the truth. When did you adopt that as your attitude to telling the truth?

Willaimson said: “I have nothing in my life. The only thing I can do now is get justice for Logan.”

The prosecutor refers to Williamson changing her account in her police interviews.

Ms Rees said: “Your five-year-old had suffered serious abdominal injuries. Were you thinking of getting justice for Logan then?"

Williamson said: “Yes I was.”

Ms Rees said: “Why did you not tell the truth in the first four interviews?” Williamson said: “Because I was scared.”

Ms Rees said: “Is that getting justice for Logan?” Williamson said: “No it’s selfish behaviour…. I was when I was doing that yes.”

Ms Rees said: “You were looking after your own interests.” Williamson said: “Yes, I was protecting myself.”

Ms Rees said: “When you were asked about abdominal injuries you didn’t think saying he was punched repeatedly to the stomach area had anything to do with that?”

Williamson said: “I didn’t think it was that hard… The injury Logan sustained on the Thursday were not the ones that killed him. He would have been in pain throughout the Friday and we would have seen that.”

Referring to her interviews the defendant added: “I wasn’t together… I was a complete mess.”

Ms Rees said: “You were together enough to tell determined lies…. You had formed a strategy, a strategy where the endgame was protecting yourself.”

Williamson said: “Yeah, I was scared.”

Ms Rees said: “And you’re doing that now. Everything we see and hear is part of your plan.”

Williamson said: “I don’t care about my life any more Miss…. I’ve nothing to lose any more. Owning up to lies isn’t going to gain me.”

Ms Rees said: “Yes it is, you’ve got more to gain now than ever.”

Williamson said: “I’ve lost everything.”

Ms Rees said: “Your gain is getting off a murder charge.”

Crrying, Williamson said: “I never murdered my child, I didn’t hurt my child, I loved my child.”

Ms Rees continues her questioning and refers to the alleged assault on Logan by Cole and the youth on July 29.

She said: “If you loved Logan why didn’t you call the police?”

Williamson said: “I ran outside and I thought I made enough of a commotion for someone to help us but nobody did.”

Ms Rees said: “But they did…. What did you do to get help for Logan?”

Williamson said: “I screamed and shouted.”

Ms Rees said: “You didn’t shout about your five-year-old child being assaulted. Did you say: ‘My five-year-old child has just been attacked by an adult man'?”

Williamson said: “No I didn’t.”

Ms Rees said: “And you didn’t tell anyone that, until after the fourth interview with police, you had witnessed the assault by John Cole on Logan.”

Williamson said: “I was in shock… It’s not every day you see a child get hit. He was my little boy.”

Ms Rees said: “It’s revolting, it’s child abuse. And what did you do about it?”

Williamson said: “I ran to get help, I thought I made enough of a commotion.”

Ms Rees said: “You had neutral people there to help and you did nothing.”

Williamson said: “I screamed and shouted and nobody came.”

The youth even told her he didn't need her any more.

That is what I remember.
Gaynor Rush was Logan's social worker until she left her post just weeks before his alleged murder and would visit the family home every few days.When the couple raised concerns about the youth defendant with her, Ms Rush said she attempted to get more information about him from his social worker, Debbie Williams, but that she never responded..what a messed up household

I didn’t think anyone would kill a child'

Angharad Williamson, who is now being cross-examined by prosecutor Caroline Rees, is asked about her comment to the youth during their arrests.

Ms Rees said: “When you were arrested you screamed out: ‘[Youth], you’ve done nothing wrong' and told Mr Hipkin that was true and he had done nothing wrong. Is that correct?”

Williamson said: “Clearly not. There’s CCTV of him and [Cole] carrying my child out the back of my house.”

Ms Rees said: “What about what you had seen [the youth] do?”

Williamson said: “I saw him sweep him and push [Logan’s] head to the floor.”

Ms Rees said: “As part of an attack with John Cole.. [the youth] was summoned in to join in.”

Williamson said: “He was doing what [Cole] told him to do…. I didn’t think he killed Logan. I didn’t think anyone would kill a child.”

Ms Rees said: “A joint attack on a five-year-old punching him to the abdomen is pretty serious. You didn’t think he had done anything wrong?”

Williamson said: “I didn’t think he would kill………. Hitting someone and taking someone’s life forever are two completely different things.”

Having lived in the area and walked along this river and park countless times, this case has kept my attention from the beginning. Absolutely heartbreaking.

I only signed up to add to the discussion a discrepancy I've noticed with AW and JC's description of Logan being terrified of water. This doesn't line up at all with the testimony of Logan's teacher.

The next witness is Catherine Richards, Logan’s teacher at Tondu Primary School.

She said: “Logan was a loving, kind little boy. He loved school, loved being in the outdoor classroom and would light up the classroom with his smile… He was very bright, he loved the muddy kitchen and his numbers.

“He was engrossed in everything, inquisitive and loved learning… He was a polite little boy.”

The muddy kitchen is a common feature in primary schools, children play about with mud and sand in a mock kitchen with utensils. Obviously a huge part of any muddy kitchen is the sink and the water. A child 'terrified of water' wouldn't love this kind of play. Also there's mention of him skimming stones and pictures of Logan looking very happy and smiling very close to the very same river he was dumped at.

They're all horrible liars, the difference between teachers' descriptions of Logan compared to the way AW, JC and the youth describe him is a stark contrast. All JMO, and thanks to the dedicated posters who are updating frequently!

Prosecution closes cases in Logan Mwangi murder trial

Last edited:
I gave him Calpol and juice to make sure his sugar levels were up'
Barrister John Hipkin QC, representing the youth, refers to the incident when the youth chased Angharad Williamson to the gate of 5 Lower Llansantffraid.

Mr Hipkin said: “What you told the jury earlier this week was: ‘I wanted to get help, I wanted to get help for Logan’.....Fred Witchell, the neighbour, heard you saying: ‘Don’t make a scene’. Did you say those words?”

Williamson said: “I don’t remember.”

Mr Hipkin said: “If you did…. They don’t stand together do they?” Williamson said: “No they don’t.”

Mr Hipkin said: “Is Fred Witchell telling the truth?”

Williamson said: “No, I was screaming and shouting for help which was confirmed.”

Mr Hipkin said: “At no time did [the youth] or John Cole use violence towards Logan in those 20 minutes.”

Williamson said: “Yes they did.”

Mr Hipkin said: “You wouldn’t have said: ‘Don’t make a scene’. You were being hysterical over an argument which is something you do.”

Williamson said: “I’ve been hysterical in the past and hysterical now but [the youth] and John Cole assaulted my son on the Thursday.”

Williamson was asked about Friday, July 30, 2021, when Logan complained of a stomachache and did not eat his favourite meal of pizza and chips.

She said: “I gave him Calpol and juice to make sure his sugar levels were up. I checked his stomach and couldn’t see anything. Kids have upset stomachs. You don’t take a child to hospital over a missed meal.”

Williamson is asked about when she took Logan to the toilet at around 10pm that night.

Mr Hipkin said: “Do you need a moment?” Williamson said: “That was the last moment I saw my child alive so yes I need a moment.”

In her interview Williamson said Logan was sleepy and fell through the toilet seat. Mr Hipkin said: “So he had no control over his body….. He wasn’t awake?”

Williamson said: “He was asleep.”

Mr Hipkin said: “Was he asleep or comatose?”

Williamson said: “He was asleep.”

Mr Hipkin said: “Was he?”

Does a 5 yr old need to be 'taken to the toilet?' He probably was very weak and injured if he needed help with that, at his age. :(

Does a 5 yr old need to be 'taken to the toilet?' He probably was very weak and injured if he needed help with that, at his age. :(
They have said he had a problem with bed wetting, so I would assume (if true) they encouraged toileting by waking him on a regular basis and have included it to add some truth to their lies. MOO

I was ashamed I hadn’t protected him. I felt I should have tried harder'

Angharad Williamson is asked about her comment in a police car following her arrest where she told officers: “We need to find out what happened to Logan.”

Prosecutor Caroline Rees QC, cross-examining, said: “You said you wanted to know what happened to Logan.” Williamson said: “I still want to know what happened to him.”

Ms Rees said: “What was going through your mind in that car journey? Had you started in your strategy to lie?” Williamson said: “No….I love Logan, I love him so much.”

Ms Rees said: “If you really meant it, why didn’t you help?” Williamson said: “I did help.”

Ms Rees said: “Why didn’t you help for the three days?” Williamson said: “Because I didn’t think it was the punch which killed him.”

Ms Rees said: “But it’s violence.” Williamson said: “I’m not saying what I did was right but I didn’t think those were the hits which killed.”

Ms Rees said: “Who was more important? You or Logan?” Williamson said: “Logan…. I was scared of Jay, I felt ashamed I didn’t……. “ The defendant pauses and starts sniffingand crying. Williamson said: “I don’t even know what I was going to say.”

Ms Rees said: “You said you were scared and ashamed. What were you ashamed of?”

Williamson said: “I was scared of Jay….. I was ashamed I hadn’t protected him. I felt I should have tried harder.”

Ms Rees said: “You felt guilty? Did you feel guilty at how you had treated Logan?” Williamson said: “I felt guilty…. Logan getting hurt on the Thursday.”

Ms Rees said: “What about that made you feel guilty?” Williamson said: “No-one came to help us.”

Ms Rees said: “What about it made you feel guilty?” Williamson said: “That it happened in the first place.”

Ms Rees said: “What did you have to feel guilty about?” Williamson said: “He’s my child and I allowed people round him that hurt him and I felt guilty about that.”

Ms Rees said: “And allowed people to stay around him.” Williamson said: “Yes.”

Having lived in the area and walked along this river and park countless times, this case has kept my attention from the beginning. Absolutely heartbreaking.

I only signed up to add to the discussion a discrepancy I've noticed with AW and JC's description of Logan being terrified of water. This doesn't line up at all with the testimony of Logan's teacher.

The next witness is Catherine Richards, Logan’s teacher at Tondu Primary School.

She said: “Logan was a loving, kind little boy. He loved school, loved being in the outdoor classroom and would light up the classroom with his smile… He was very bright, he loved the muddy kitchen and his numbers.

“He was engrossed in everything, inquisitive and loved learning… He was a polite little boy.”

The muddy kitchen is a common feature in primary schools, children play about with mud and sand in a mock kitchen with utensils. Obviously a huge part of any muddy kitchen is the sink and the water. A child 'terrified of water' wouldn't love this kind of play. Also there's mention of him skimming stones and pictures of Logan looking very happy and smiling very close to the very same river he was dumped at.

They're all horrible liars, the difference between teachers' descriptions of Logan compared to the way AW, JC and the youth describe him is a stark contrast. All JMO, and thanks to the dedicated posters who are updating frequently!

Playing 'with' water and being 'in' water are two completely different things.

I'm also 'scared of water'- I can't swim, I would be frightened & anxious if I was near a body of water if I felt that anyone with me might think it 'funny' to push me in.
I hate water going on my face from a shower or splashed in my face in a swimming pool ... yes, I do go in swimming pools because I've always taken my children swimming.

Hi, welcome to WebSleuths. Just a kind warning that you will need to add a link to the MSM web page that contained this text, or the mods will come along and remove the post. Which would be a shame as it's insightful, thank you. (You can use the "edit" button at the bottom of your post, but it doesn't stay available for long.)

Edit: Embarrassing professional writer fail :D

Last edited:
Playing 'with' water and being 'in' water are two completely different things.

I'm also 'scared of water'- I can't swim, I would be frightened & anxious if I was near a body of water if I felt that anyone with me might think it 'funny' to push me in.
I hate water going on my face from a shower or splashed in my face in a swimming pool ... yes, I do go in swimming pools because I've always taken my children swimming.

Agreed. My girls were terrified of the shower, but not of water per se (they were scared of the water suddenly going too hot or too cold... crappy rented house plumbing!) I wonder if Logan was scared of the shower, but then why would they not give him a bath instead? Was he scared of that too? Why? Someone earlier (can't remember who, sorry) suggested he hated it because he was roughly handled at wash time. That is a possibility in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1