UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as mum admits 'selfish' lies

'You allowed him to be in a room like a dungeon for 10 days'

Defendant Angharad Williamson was asked by prosecutor Caroline Rees QC about Logan’s demeanour.

Ms Rees said: “Logan was an unhappy boy by July 2021.” Williamson said: “He was different.”

Ms Rees said: “He was wetting himself and self-harming.” Williamson said: “He always wet himself... He used to get engrossed in his toys.”

Ms Rees said: “This boy who is wetting himself and self-harming gets Covid and is put in his room behind a barred gate and made to face away when someone entered the room.”

Williamson said: “He wasn’t made to face the wall, I would ask him to look away if he didn’t have his mask on.”

Ms Rees said: “Behind a barred gate.” Williamson said: “Don’t make out like he was in a prison.”

Ms Rees said: “You used the word 'dungeon' yesterday.” Williamson said: “Because it was so dark in there.”

Ms Rees said: “He wasn’t free to come and go.”

Williamson said: “No he wasn’t…. I thought it was acceptable for him to stay in his room, I had food and took it in there, I still interacted with him….. He had £500-worth of toys, a laptop, he was in his pyjamas, chilling out in his duvet days he loved.”

Ms Rees said: “They’re no substitute for love and affection from his mother.”

Williamson said: “I loved that child. I loved that child.”

Ms Rees said: “You allowed him to be in a room like a dungeon for 10 days.”

Williamson said: “You’re making it sound much worse than it is….. I couldn’t have him running around the house with Covid. I interacted with him.”

Ms Rees said: “Why couldn’t he have gone in the garden?”

Williamson said: “I don’t want to answer that…. Because Jay didn’t want him to, as a mum I should have stood up more.”

Ms Rees said: “After everything we’ve heard you still want to protect Jay Cole?”

Williamson said: “I didn’t want to answer it because it’s admitting I’m a s*** mother. I don’t feel like a mother anymore.”

ATM I've got JC for murder, AW causing or allowing and the youth undecided . JMO.
What is everyone else thinking ?
Will the youth be called to give evidence ?

I meant to add - once the trial is finished and whilst we are waiting for the verdict, we do sometimes run a Verdict Poll - all members who want to can vote as they would if they were on the Jury

@Tortoise is very good at setting them up ( no pressure Tortoise :D )

That is how I have always heard it used . A very shallow and superficial sort of word.

I feel AW's language is full of "common phrases" that she uses with no thought to the words they contain. Saying things like she "loved the bones" of him... to us that's distasteful now, but it is a very common expression in many places. It's like she's picked up lots of turns of phrase that now dwell habitually in her vocal repertoire. It's irritating when anyone does this, to me anyway, but I'm not sure I would assign any meaning to her saying them. It's the same as saying "you know" or "like" all the time, it becomes habit.

I'm currently trying to form a clearer opinion of AW style of parenting. I believe she is that "Instagram mum" and paints a pretty picture of idyllic family life, but life behind the lens is appearing very disconnected from that. I believe her mother took on a lot of care of LM in the early years, and AW pushed reasons of ill health to satisfy this reason. Her need for a male in her life is her own requirement for attention, and uses LM wanting a father as the reason. She allowed discipline to be implemented by JC because it meant she could shirk her responsibility as previously done with her mother. Pushing the responsibility onto others so she did not have to do the hard work. She didn't see LM struggling with anything because it was easier to turn a blind eye and just be present when times were happy, and Instagram worthy. I feel her bond with LM was fractured from the start of his short life. Appeared passionate/overprotective when required in front of others, but doing the bare minimum behind closed doors. All MOO

Logan Mwangi murder trial latest as mum admits 'selfish' lies

'You’re trying to divert attention away from John Cole to make things better for you because that’s what you do'

Angharad Williamson, under cross-examination from prosecutor Caroline Rees QC, was asked again about Logan’s dislocated arm.

Ms Rees said: “When did you decide to tell anyone John Cole had manipulated Logan’s arm?” Williamson said: “I was in a legal meeting downstairs and I came out with it.” She added: “I have gained nothing by admitting I lied, saying I lied to protect him has made me look s*** in front of the jury but I’m sick of the lies.”

Ms Rees said: “The benefit is it makes John Cole look worse.” The prosecutor added: “Did you think Calpol would have touched the sides for a broken arm?”

Williamson said: “I’m not a doctor, I should have taken him to hospital….. I was petrified of [Logan] getting Covid and dying. I pulled him out of school and home-schooled him."

Ms Rees said: “That is a convenient lie to cover up what was going on behind closed doors.”

Williamson said: “No it’s not.”

Ms Rees said: “What’s the benefit of the lie?”

Williamson said: “Because Jay had previous convictions and I didn’t want Jay to get in trouble. I’ve seen people judge Jay all his life. My view of Jay when I was with him, I heard lots of stories and people judging him but that was not the man I knew or fell in love with being described and I wanted to protect him."

Ms Rees said: “And to protect yourself.”

Williamson said: “No…. How does it work in my favour saying I failed as a parent?”

Ms Rees said: “You’re trying to divert attention away from John Cole to make things better for you because that’s what you do.”

Williamson said: “No.”

Ms Rees said: “You lied to doctors trying to help Logan and lied to a police officer. Why?”

Williamson said: “The same answer…. I didn’t want them to take away Jay.”

The barrister said Williamson was a convenient liar.

Williamson said: “Apparently so…. I know what you’re implying….. Why won’t anyone listen to me? Me confessing to lying doesn’t help me in any way. I’ve admitted what I’ve done wrong.”

The prosecutor said the statement to police at the time of Logan’s broken arm was a “sham and performance”.

Williamson said: “I was trying to protect people I love.”

Ms Rees said: “You tried to protect yourself.”

Williamson said: “No.” She added: “My son getting battered to death, a year to a couple of months after him breaking his arm. There is no connection.”

When questioned again about the broken arm, Williamson became agitated.

She said; “It’s been established I lied to the police, it’s been made abundantly clear to the jury I lied."

Ms Rees said: “You will tell any lie it takes ot cover yourself and that’s what you’re doing in relation to the murder charge.”

Williamson said: “What happened to Logan was disgusting. The way he was thrown away was just disgusting. I had absolutely nothing to do with that.”

I can’t help but think maybe he was only scared of the shower and bath because the water there was used to punish. My son was swimming underwater from only months old, loved the bath, but hated a shower at Logan’s age. I found it frustrating but just waited it out until he grew out of it, didn’t force it as I knew that would make the fear worse
yeah I think most kids unless they’ve been used to the shower from an early age are maybe frightened by the power of the shower..my 2 love the bath but hate showers..where I wish they’d get a quick shower because I hate the bath after what happened here even though it’s a new bath I was reassured but the kids that died here were still in that same space for hours dead & I’ve never got used to that if that makes sense..maybe Logan was scared of the bath after his burn incident it probably was done by the bath tap..someone got frustrated with him & it’s put him off for life but no he wasn’t scared of water..he was just scared of them idiots in that house..he had no one.

And so there we have it, her defence to the bedroom light going on and off while the two were out. One of them had snuck back in to cover for themselves. The trouble is

1. It’s not covering for themselves is it? Because if they did that, the only reason would be for the benefit of CCTV, which they would have known had recorded them carrying Logan’s body out

2. Not possible because they would have been seen on CCTV sneaking back in and out again before returning in full view to collect the pyjama top

SMH

I feel AW's language is full of "common phrases" that she uses with no thought to the words they contain. Saying things like she "loved the bones" of him... to us that's distasteful now, but it is a very common expression in many places. It's like she's picked up lots of turns of phrase that now dwell habitually in her vocal repertoire. It's irritating when anyone does this, to me anyway, but I'm not sure I would assign any meaning to her saying them. It's the same as saying "you know" or "like" all the time, it becomes habit.
It’s the hyperbole which I hope the jury are picking up on.

I remember an episode of Royle Family (bear with me here) where Jim Royle says he “loves the bones” of an old lady. On hearing she’s outside, he’s invited to go and see her. “Oh no, you’re alright..”. I know this is fiction. But again, it was used as hyperbole, fake.

I believe AW is using phrases which she thinks will convince the jury of her devotion to her tortured, battered and murdered five year old. I’m 100% not buying one bit of it.

It’s the hyperbole which I hope the jury are picking up on.

I remember an episode of Royle Family (bear with me here) where Jim Royle says he “loves the bones” of an old lady. On hearing she’s outside, he’s invited to go and see her. “Oh no, you’re alright..”. I know this is fiction. But again, it was used as hyperbole, fake.

I believe AW is using phrases which she thinks will convince the jury of her devotion to her tortured, battered and murdered five year old. I’m 100% not buying one bit of it.

Yes that's definitely the alternative possibility.

I'm currently trying to form a clearer opinion of AW style of parenting. I believe she is that "Instagram mum" and paints a pretty picture of idyllic family life, but life behind the lens is appearing very disconnected from that. I believe her mother took on a lot of care of LM in the early years, and AW pushed reasons of ill health to satisfy this reason. Her need for a male in her life is her own requirement for attention, and uses LM wanting a father as the reason. She allowed discipline to be implemented by JC because it meant she could shirk her responsibility as previously done with her mother. Pushing the responsibility onto others so she did not have to do the hard work. She didn't see LM struggling with anything because it was easier to turn a blind eye and just be present when times were happy, and Instagram worthy. I feel her bond with LM was fractured from the start of his short life. Appeared passionate/overprotective when required in front of others, but doing the bare minimum behind closed doors. All MOO

I think that's a very good summation of AW.

By the age of 3, Logan was already being introduced to his 3rd * father *. I appreciate people don't ( and should not have to ) stay in relationships if things are not working properly but, given her own childhood experience of a split home life, it is a pity she did not try to ensure Logan had a balanced, stable upbringing in his formative years - rather than, seemingly, being more concerned about replacing one boyfriend with another, without considering the effect it might have on her child.

Last edited:
i think at this stage they will all go down for murder

I think at this stage, it will weigh heavily on how the judge delivers his instructions to the jury. If I was sent out now, I’d know someone/s in that flat killed that baby, but I couldn’t say who, or even say who I thought was unaware (of his final hours). I’d still hold at least these 2 adults responsible right now, but I would really take the judges instruction to guide me on of what

I think at this stage, it will weigh heavily on how the judge delivers his instructions to the jury. If I was sent out now, I’d know someone/s in that flat killed that baby, but I couldn’t say who, or even say who I thought was unaware (of his final hours). I’d still hold at least these 2 adults responsible right now, but I would really take the judges instruction to guide me on of what

We are only getting a snap shot of what is being said in court and the body language of all 3 defendants.

I am still going for all 3 of them being guilty of murder.

Excellent analysis!

AAAAAAARGH!!!!!!! She was terrified of Logan dying of Covid. However if the poor dab had died of Covid, he would have spent the last 10 days of his life alone locked in his dark lonely bedroom. With the love of £500 of toys and a laptop. Please stop her speaking.

I think I need to stop myself posting too. 12 years I’ve been here and countless cases and I’ve NEVER BEEN so wound up! No wonder Logan pulled a face, he had to live with these ********. :mad:

What Mother goes to the shop..gets 2 energy drinks,tobacco & doesnt get her child a packet of sweets or a magazine..AW because she knew he was in bed dying..the energy drink to help her stay awake because she knew it was going to be a long night waiting for Logan to pass & in between they smoke like chimneys because of the stress of the situation or because JC needed his cannabis joints to calm down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1