GUILTY UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The following closing statements will be IMO a lame last ditch attempt to cover up the evil!
I kinda wish Ms Rees was last. Her words were powerful, and I'd like to have known they were the last words the jury would hear before they made their decisions.
Still judges summing up to go, after the defences closing speeches. There are usually tiny hints at the judges thoughts in the summing up.

This morning I was thinking "where is sooty" then thought "OK I can figure this out somehow" lol
Its no problem, and thanks Alyce for the help too.

fab job today @Linnyg - very much appreciated! I’m sorry I’m otherwise engaged with a project from here on for a couple of weeks. I should have started it weeks ago but got myself too attached to the trial haha I’m sure many websleuthers can relate

fab job today @Linnyg - very much appreciated! I’m sorry I’m otherwise engaged with a project from here on for a couple of weeks. I should have started it weeks ago but got myself too attached to the trial haha I’m sure many websleuthers can relate

I think we all can fully understand! We did appreciate you doing the updates but you now must concentrate your time and effort on your project.

Just noticed this part. So it does look as though there is a possibility for AW to get manslaughter.
Which is encouraging, as it carries a longer sentence.

Did (the defendant) encourage or assist (the other defendants) in inflicting those injuries on Logan intending some harm to be caused. If you are sure find them guilty of manslaughter
It seems that the manslaughter charge for AW will hinge upon if one believes she was awake or asleep on the night of the 30th?

If she was awake and in the home the night the final beating took place, then she was aware and actually enabling and assisting, IMO.

It seems that the manslaughter charge for AW will hinge upon if one believes she was awake or asleep on the night of the 30th?

If she was awake and in the home the night the final beating took place, then she was aware and actually enabling and assisting, IMO.

I’m not sure that necessarily follows unless you think the fatal blows were definitely dealt late on the night Logan died. My understanding of the legal position is that she is guilty of murder if she inflicted fatal blows knowing they were sufficiently forceful they would lead to death - but these could have been during the day. I thought manslaughter would be if blows were inflicted but not necessarily fatal in their own right or were light (but ended up inadvertently leading to death) but could still have been inflicted earlier on in the day? She is guilty of allowing the death of a child if she didn’t inflict any injury, and didn’t encourage anyone else to inflict them but if she failed to get help suspecting Logan was actually dying. I’m not sure whether her being up and awake necessarily has anything to do with the murder or manslaughter charge (that is particularly relevant to PTCOJ). Although it logically follows that she would be unlikely to be found guilty of murder or manslaughter but NOT PTCOJ unless you believe she was involved in the injuries (so was lying about that) but that she was (somehow/inexplicably) telling the truth about being asleep all night and believing he was initially abducted. MOO.

I believe all three of them were awake that night. I also think all three of them had physically abused Logan in the last day/s of his life.

I just do not understand how a mother could allow her child to die in agony.

Was arthur labinjo hughes dad not guilty of manslaughter and he was not home at the time of the final attack?

I don't think anything hinges on whether you think she was awake or not, as its been proven she was awake!

IMO manslaughter is a given, and I hope and think she should be found guilty of murder.

I think information about the youth has been very sparse because of reporting restrictions. I am sure professionals involved with the youth have given the jury much to consider.
True.
Im just surprised that JC ever criticized the youth.

Or maybe it was an explanation of the teen's wild behaviour?

Last edited:
That's an interesting remark by the Prosecutor (in bold). I think she could be right.
AW shifted the timeline of JC's stomach punches and youth's sweeping and head crush, to Thursday allowing her to downplay them, saying that LM didn't cry and didn't seem hurt. This also gave her an excuse to say she was trying to get help for LM.
If they had happened on Friday that would actually make more sense in regard to the severity of the punches and possible head injury and LM's time of death IMO.

I think there was a brutal attack on the Friday, punched, kicked, head into the floor and probably thrown onto his bed, head hitting the wall hard + more.

I'm so angry today with these three - Why can't they just tell the damn truth :mad:
Cowards!

"The prosecutor refers to the alleged incident on July 29 when Williamson was seen being pursued by the youth outside 5 Lower Llansantffraid, which she later claimed to have taken place following an assault on Logan.

Ms Rees said: “Why did she leave Logan in his room with a man who had punched him numerous times to the abdomen and a violent teenager who joined in on the attack. She said she ran out to find help but that is demonstrated to be a lie, no witnesses recall her asking for help.”

The prosecutor suggested Williamson had shifted the events of Friday to Thursday to fit in with the CCTV. She added: “Why didn’t (Williamson) call for help that day or the next day?”

Logan Mwangi murder trial live updates as judge gives legal directions

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members