GUILTY UK - Logan Mwangi, 5, found dead in Wales River, Bridgend, 31 July 2021 *arrests, inc. minor* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
June 2021 - Cole applies for responsibility of unnamed 14-year-old teen.

20 July 2021 - Logan tests positive for covid and begins self isolation

26 July 2021 - Family court grants Williamson and Cole care responsibility of unnamed 14-year-teen. He moves in that day.

27 July 2021 - Logan seen alive for the last time by someone outside the family during a facetime call"

The day after the youth moves in, is the last day Logan is seen alive and well....:(

This is the thing, you could posit so many competing (and convincing) narratives about what happened with different combinations of perpetrators, without really having the evidence to choose between them...

This is the thing, you could posit so many competing (and convincing) narratives about what happened with different combinations of perpetrators, without really having the evidence to choose between them...
True. Which is probably why all 3 were declared GUILTY. I don't think it matters which of them actually delivered the blows. Anyone who was living in that house for that 4 or 5 day period is guilty, if they didn't seek help for poor Logan.

I had wondered what we didn’t know about Cole’s history that brought Logan to the attention of social services. Now we know.

While the youth was only officially placed back with them the day before, we don’t know he hadn’t been staying there in the interim. He’d been absconding from foster care since March according to the timeline here https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-logan-mwangis-parents-teen-26692650

True. Which is probably why all 3 were declared GUILTY. I don't think it matters which of them actually delivered the blows. Anyone who was living in that house for that 4 or 5 day period is guilty, if they didn't seek help for poor Logan.

After some thought, the one that troubles me most on that analysis is the youth. Unquestionably his face fit, he had a history of very troubled and disturbing behaviour, there were tantalising snippets of circumstantial evidence where you could posit him as the prime mover. On the other hand if one of the alternative narratives was the correct one and he was parachuted into a household where there was an ongoing pattern of racist abuse, with an extremely violent father-figure and an inadequate mother, a murder conviction at 14 leaves me uneasy.

The adults on the other hand: the case for causing and allowing was airtight regardless of the exact course of events and you can't have all that much sympathy with them for it being bumped up to murder.

Well you go to the beach for the day and come back to this news!
So happy to hear of the guilty verdicts all round now fingers crossed for the best possible sentence.
Thank you for your updates all the way through this trial- this websleuths stuff kind of takes over your life.

I thought the same exact thing and both my kids are mixed race. But I don't think Logan looks like a typical mixed race child and so that being the first thing she said seemed odd to me.

Now I understand better why the child had his head shaved at one point. I think Coke didn't like Logan's curly hair. :mad:
i think also shaving the head was to make him more like Cole. :( i remember thinking that when i saw AW's facebook cover photo. he looked like a child abuse victim, skinny shaven head, he looked nothing like those previous happy curly haired photos we see

I had wondered what we didn’t know about Cole’s history that brought Logan to the attention of social services. Now we know.

While the youth was only officially placed back with them the day before, we don’t know he hadn’t been staying there in the interim. He’d been absconding from foster care since March according to the timeline here https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-logan-mwangis-parents-teen-26692650

Wow, the Mirror really put everything they knew in one article.

Surprised the verdict is back so quickly, although having seen the body worn footage I can understand that the jury must not have needed long to discuss if AW was putting it on or not.

The timeline is very interesting - it looks like the youth was taken into local authority care after AW said he pushed Logan? And he was back in the ‘household’ for just a few days before Logan was killed. It’s pretty important context.

AW must have known about JC's previous conviction for assaulting a child, it would surely have been brought up at the meeting where they were allowed to keep the youth, yet she still chose to stay with this 'phenomenal'man

That was apparently in 2002 though, so 20 years ago and when he was 19 (ish) himself.

Not saying that it's not at all relevant but, less so than if it were, for example, something that happened in the last 5 years.

i wondered this also, i wonder if they're waiting if the youth can be identified first and release all 3 then

Yep, I can see that.
It's been a weird old rollercoaster. This has been such a long trial. Then, today such a quick verdict, and what with all the new images/videos coming out, I feel a bit in shock with the information. But also relieved. For me the mugshot image kind of closes it for me, brands them a criminal. Though you're right regarding the youth.
Can they still conceal his identity after sentencing due to his age?

After some thought, the one that troubles me most on that analysis is the youth. Unquestionably his face fit, he had a history of very troubled and disturbing behaviour, there were tantalising snippets of circumstantial evidence where you could posit him as the prime mover. On the other hand if one of the alternative narratives was the correct one and he was parachuted into a household where there was an ongoing pattern of racist abuse, with an extremely violent father-figure and an inadequate mother, a murder conviction at 14 leaves me uneasy.

The adults on the other hand: the case for causing and allowing was airtight regardless of the exact course of events and you can't have all that much sympathy with them for it being bumped up to murder.

The jury heard a lot more than we did. I don't think they would have quickly come back with a murder conviction for the youth if it wasn't warranted.

I do think it is very suspicious that the day after the youth moved into that home, was the last day the 5 yr old was ever seen alive and well by other people. I do believe that he as too bruised and battered by then, to allow anyone else to see him. I cannot say it was only the youth ---but I do believe that when he moved in, things went sideways fast for Logan.

It actually makes me feel some bit of sympathy for AW, because I don't think she realised how violent the combination of JC and the troubled youth would be. I think AW had allowed JC to be the strict, hard edged punishing father figure, thinking it was best for their perfect family. But I don't know if she realised how violent the youth could be towards her 5 yr old. And by the time she figured it out, it felt to her like it was too late. JMO

Yep, I can see that.
It's been a weird old rollercoaster. This has been such a long trial. Then, today such a quick verdict, and what with all the new images/videos coming out, I feel a bit in shock with the information. But also relieved. For me the mugshot image kind of closes it for me, brands them a criminal. Though you're right regarding the youth.

It'll be up to the judge to decide whether to lift the anonymity order.

RSBM.

I think they could as he is under 18. The media will certainly apply on the basis of the crime being so horrific, but the Judge would decide. I think it also needs to be considered whether the youth would take pride in the notoriety . He will likely get a new identity when he is released though.

I’m very curious to put a face to the youth for no other reason than I’m nosy. I’m also very aware that he’s vulnerable in his own right, in addition to being a risk to others. Glad I’m not making any of those decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1