UNSOLVED UK - London, woman pushed into path of bus, 5 May 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...denies-being-jogger-who-pushed-woman-into-bus
Prof Craig Jackson, the head of psychology at Birmingham City University, told Good Morning Britain: “I think what we’re looking at here is an embodiment of what we often see as ‘cis privilege’, or you might want to call it white male privilege.

“This is clearly an individual who, upon seeing someone in his path, veers towards them and not only does he barrel them over, but he continues to run down the road without even looking back to make sure they’re OK.

“That to me is quite horrifying behaviour and I think what we’re looking at here is the pedestrian equivalent of road rage. It’s very, very worrying ... it could have been murder or manslaughter.”

[bbm]

how on earth can you possibly know that EB fits the profile?! (and where did this profile come from anyway?) do you know EB personally? do you have an MSM link stating EB is 'arrogant, somewhat sociopathic/anti-social'???

I think that people viewing the video can make a judgement about that and what his motives were. She was a stranger whom he tried to push into the path of a bus.

I think they'd have tried to track down other footage of the jogger that day, to try to track where he went. Once they got a name, they could've looked for more footage, either that day, or another, to compare his running gait and jogging shoes/clothing.
They might have phone pings.

I don't think the police are foolish enough to arrest a so-called VIP just because someone identified him by sight. I even wonder if they released the footage so late, because they were planning to arrest him, and wanted his friends/employers to know what he'd done, so they wouldn't necessarily believe his version and cover for him.

BIB I agree. I often have a moan at our police force, but many times they are spot on in the way they handle situations.
They could easily have put a reporting embargo on this situation and told MSM not to release any information other than that a 41 year old man had been arrested and questioned.
The fact that the papers are full of photos and background info of EB is not a mistake imo.

A man arrested on suspicion of being the jogger who pushed a woman into the path of an oncoming bus has been released with no further action.
Millionaire American investment banker Eric Bellquist, 41, was held by police in relation to the incident in which the woman was pushed on Putney Bridge.
But yesterday his lawyers revealed he has irrefutable proof that he was in the United States at the time of the incident.
This afternoon, Metropolitan Police announced Mr Bellquist had been eliminated from the investigation, while the hunt for the jogger continues.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ARED-Putney-Bridge-assault.html#ixzz4pXqj6QyG

Poor man then..... plenty of publicity of the kind he would not want.

Hope they can find the right guy

I haven't read the whole thread so I might be repeating what's already been said. My question would be how did he come to their attention? Someone put his name forward. I wonder if they've checked cctv for previous mornings to see if they can get a better picture of his face. Joggers would usually have a routine, and I suspect it's someone who lives locally, rather than a commuter.

I wouldn't be surprised if they rearrest him at some point.

I imagine someone said they recognised him, either in error or malice.

I assumed the police would have tracked him on CCTV, back to his start and following him on return.

I expect London has so many CCTV cameras, it is just the time it must take to go through - actually my thought was that was why it took a few months to publicise the event?

They had to have more than just his name being put forward surely?

I hope he applies to Google and gets all the online articles wrongly linking him to this crime removed as is his right under EU privacy laws. I'm glad he was able to prove it was not him. I hope they find the arrogant piece of work that did do it.

Wow I'm kind of surprised that UK LE would release his name, considering how they do their investigations - keeping it close to vest - and not allow stuff like this get into the public.

And as someone mentioned - at first it was 30ish year-old, and this guy is 50/51. Wonder if they did a line-up with the victim?

Hopefully, they WILL catch the right guy!

Returning to the scene is not uncommon. In fact LEOs are told to be vigilant at crime scenes, and they may very well arrest suspects, who return to the scene of the crime. Some will return to watch from a concealed area, others may try to blend into the crowd, while others may wait until it appears that all LEOs have left, to make their return to the scene.

She also takes a deliberate step closer to the divider just before he attacks her. She was never in his path. He had plenty of room ahead and to his left, and even to his right. It looks as if she saw him veering toward her, and took that deliberate step closer to the divider, as he was making his move toward her. I, personally, would not want to walk on the divider. There is plenty of room for people to walk and jog in both directions on that path. I wonder if he said anything to her.

He was taking up the whole path. He could've jogged more to one side and didn't. He expected her to move. He could've easily gone around her but continuing forward it does look like their paths would meet to some degree. The dude is an a hole.

Oh gosh I sure am glad I have never met any men like that.

You should watch some of the videos of women who demonstrate what happens when you don't get out of the way of a man. I've experimented myself. We don't even realize we're doing it. Pay attention for a couple days how you walk in public. I bet you'll find you subsconsiously get out of the way or give way to men, consistently. And then see what happens if you don't.

I haven't read the whole thread so I might be repeating what's already been said. My question would be how did he come to their attention? Someone put his name forward. I wonder if they've checked cctv for previous mornings to see if they can get a better picture of his face. Joggers would usually have a routine, and I suspect it's someone who lives locally, rather than a commuter.

I doubt they will rearrest him. They must have evaluated his claim that he wasn't in the country and found that to be true as they released him. If he wasn't in the country, he didn't commit this crime.

I would say the bus driver had to move on to keep his schedule and left his details with her and she waited for the police to arrive.

I'd think someone would have stayed with her though. Some on that bus could have witnessed the attack, but the driver just up and left the scene? LE would want to interview everyone on the bus, I'd think. Maybe they contacted LE afterwards. I'd hated to have left her sitting there by herself, waiting for LE, with the guy who pushed her into the path of a bus, still running around out there.

Wow I'm kind of surprised that UK LE would release his name, considering how they do their investigations - keeping it close to vest - and not allow stuff like this get into the public.

And as someone mentioned - at first it was 30ish year-old, and this guy is 50/51. Wonder if they did a line-up with the victim?

Hopefully, they WILL catch the right guy!

My understanding he is actually 41, not 50 or 51. The image of the alleged perp looks to be older than 30.

I imagine someone said they recognised him, either in error or malice.

Most likely in error. I think he resembles the image rather strongly. Apparently he is also a jogger. I think it was a natural error.

My guess is people called him in because he likes to run and strongly resembles the image of the actual perp. And the image released by police doesn't show the actual face of the perp all that clearly. As for re-arresting him, if he has an alibi that he was in US, then clearly he couldn't have been the perp. So that is an iron-clad alibi.

BIB I agree. I often have a moan at our police force, but many times they are spot on in the way they handle situations.
They could easily have put a reporting embargo on this situation and told MSM not to release any information other than that a 41 year old man had been arrested and questioned.
The fact that the papers are full of photos and background info of EB is not a mistake imo.

That's for sure. Especially if the guy has an iron clad alibi. They shouldn't have released the name to the public, especially since he denied it and claimed he had proof of being in US at the time.

you missed the point
the post specifically accused the arrested man

I think that people viewing the video can make a judgement about that and what his motives were. She was a stranger whom he tried to push into the path of a bus.

He was taking up the whole path. He could've jogged more to one side and didn't. He expected her to move. He could've easily gone around her but continuing forward it does look like their paths would meet to some degree. The dude is an a hole.

BBM
I won't disagree with you there, but it appears that he notices her, and then intentionally veers toward her, and pushes her. I can't see that she's in his path at all. For some strange reason this reminded me of Mary Bale, the woman who put the cat into the bin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back