Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it normal practice to look (or at least ask owners to look) in gardens/out buildings etc when there is a missing person locally?
Obviously you could refuse without a warrant but I would have thought it would have been done already (am only basing this on police looking in my garden shed for a chap that had gone missing locally)
think that some people might object to a full search.
A lawyer who was on the thread yesterday, explained that. @mrjitty

Also even if everyone consented, for that to be a purposeful exercise - eliminating every home - it would have to be quite thorough wouldn't it? ( Basically anywhere you can hide a body, every room, dumpster bin, wardrobe etc etc)
Residents might object to that? IDK how feasible it is. ( think we'd need a copper on thread to chip-in on this one. Imagine the scenario where they invited in to search but refused a loft or the cellar because the key had gone missing and then..... four weeks later a body was found there. Imagine the outrage? )

Like you, if I lived there I'd probably let them look everywhere but many people have legitimate - but different - views on privacy etc

Also even if everyone consented, for that to be a purposeful exercise - eliminating every home - it would have to be quite thorough wouldn't it? ( Basically anywhere you can hide a body, every room, dumpster bin, wardrobe etc etc)
Residents might object to that? IDK how feasible it is. ( think we'd need a copper on thread to chip-in on this one. Imagine the scenario where they invited in to search but refused a loft or the cellar because the key had gone missing and then..... four weeks later a body was found there. Imagine the outrage? )

Like you, if I lived there I'd probably let them look everywhere but many people have legitimate - but different - views on privacy etc
Even if they searched every property within a certain area, they couldn't possibly take DNA samples , so she could have been somewhere and then moved on long before any search, so wouldn't be found.

Yeah totally, that makes sense. It would take an enormous amount of manpower as well to literally search every nook and cranny, even in a village, and whilst a good portion of people would be willing, of course there would be people who didn't want a copper looking under their bed for a whole range of non murderous legit reasons.

Did the lady who found the dog, also find the phone?

I have to say, if I found a dog running loose there is no way I’d tie it up and walk away. I am a dog lover but I understand that some people are not and would put more importance in whatever other arrangements they had that day, over the well being of a dog. So I can believe it if that is the case.

*modsnip* / discussing witness / non poi

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if they searched every property within a certain area, they couldn't possibly take DNA samples , so she could have been somewhere and then moved on long before any search, so wouldn't be found.
very good point - I hadn't even considered the point about a perp ( in this scenario) having removed all of the evidence and then welcoming LE in with open arms and a smile!

link for the original topic
Paul Ansell: '
Find out what it is. My plea now is personally I want every house, every garage every outbuilding, the land scrutinised.
'I want it all searched, I want it all scrutinised, and I'm just pleading with them to just please anything, anything, no matter how tiny just vcome foreward with it because that could be the key to finding her.'

Did the lady who found the dog, also find the phone?

I have to say, if I found a dog running loose there is no way I’d tie it up and walk away. I am a dog lover but I understand that some people are not and would put more importance in whatever other arrangements they had that day, over the well being of a dog. So I can believe it if that is the case.

*modsnip*

I believe she did also find the phone and that the behaviour is inexplicable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul told Channel 5's Dan Walker that he will "never give up" on finding Nicola in the chat, airing at 9pm tonight

Mr Ansell sat down with Channel 5's Dan Walker in a chat airing at 9pm tonight's Dan Walker in a chat airing at 9pm tonight
The in-depth documentary, including the full interview, titled "Vanished: What happened to Nicola Bulley?" will air at 9pm.

The witness also claims to have contacted the police again and said that the van could have been a Renault vehicle and that it was the sort “you can live in”. A second witness told The Sun that they had reported seeing a red van which “looked suspicious” at around 9.40am on the same day.
This is so heart wrenching. Understandably, he asks that every house, location is searched, yet reality is that IF Nicola was snatched she could be anywhere, miles away from the location.

I believe she did also find the phone and that the behaviour is inexplicable.
If someone had a been in their bonnet about dogs being off the lead it would be logical to tie the dog up.

I don't know the area but there were some suggestions earlier of livestock and also some signage about keeping dogs on leads.

This still does not explain why anyone would ignore a loose dog and a phone and no human. That does seem like a situation which would warrant further investigation. I think I would have sat on the bench and waited as long as the dog was not aggressive then if nothing happened call a contact on the phone to report phone and dog found.

If someone had a been in their bonnet about dogs being off the lead it would be logical to tie the dog up.

I don't know the area but there were some suggestions earlier of livestock and also some signage about keeping dogs on leads.

This still does not explain why anyone would ignore a loose dog and a phone and no human. That does seem like a situation which would warrant further investigation. I think I would have sat on the bench and waited as long as the dog was not aggressive then if nothing happened call a contact on the phone to report phone and dog found.
Obviously she had better things to do.

The police seem pretty sure that Nicola went into the river. My view is that they believe this because her Fitbit measured this, fed into apple health and possibly showed it to be below sea level.
I believe that Nicola was abducted, they left the phone on the bench so she couldn’t be tracked and then for the same reason, took the Fitbit off and threw it in the river, for it to then be washed away and gone forever.
Yes the watch would have to go….

Paul Ansell: '
Find out what it is. My plea now is personally I want every house, every garage every outbuilding, the land scrutinised.
'I want it all searched, I want it all scrutinised, and I'm just pleading with them to just please anything, anything, no matter how tiny just vcome foreward with it because that could be the key to finding her.'

What are people thoughts on this statement made by PA
It's feels like to me they have their suspicions of the likely third party to me IMO

I just keep thinking, some will say irrational thoughts but if Nicola is out there, alive, either abducted or other reason, the incredibly high media and police activity would make it very hard for her to either be released or return. I think there should be a calming down , or news blackout, few days of quiet . Just a strong feeling I have . I am sure the police can stop the media reporting in those circumstance? . As I said, many on here will probably think I am clinging on to unrealistic hope but I feel strongly this is needed. I don’t mean the police stop their efforts to find her, just no press releases etc.

I've been questioning this gap in timings since the first few days.

It seemed very odd to me from day 1 why a clearly very strange situation, (i.e a dog running free with a lead and phone nearby) would a) not be seen by anyone else in the near 2 hour gap and b) why those who had seen the situation did not go back to help any sooner.

All very strange and I feel the police have wasted days and days on a theory that, no pun intended, holds no water whatsoever. If the police had a shred of evidence she'd fallen in the river, then share it, otherwise it's wild hypothesis based purely on the fact this all happened near a river, therefore she must have fallen in the river.
Yes, absolutely agree, I've not been able to shake off all the same thoughts. And IMO the answer lies somewhere in the early witness statements, before the narrative set in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member