Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned it way back and am still not convinced NB was anywhere near the river or was walking the dog, on the morning in question. These are my thoughts.
How have you come to that ? Given the evidence presented there are far more probable hypotheses to work through before you’d reach that one.

Had a long chat with @lancspolice press office today and astonishing 4 days after asking - they are still refusing to publicly name the SIO in the #nicolabulley investigation. Why ? I have never encountered such secrecy & bad media management

Why indeed…

I know that as I attended my mother's inquest. I was just thinking about whether it is deemed appropriate to release this sort of personal detail to the public.
The police were/are adamant she went in the water and they launched a full scale search of the water with apparently no evidence.
I wonder why they did that.
CPR can still be performed on someone who has been submerged, so I would expect them to go all out for this immediately. Case reports of survival of up to 90 minutes.

Following, I suppose the search just takes as long as it takes for a complex river system - would be finished now if it were a small pool for example I suppose.

Bit tired of the public servant bashing. Plenty of doctors and nurses died during Covid looking after patients whilst non frontline medics and journalists went round in the media slating the response. I’m sure police are doing overtime on the NB case and how is 40 detectives not a huge amount of money and resources?

Would be nicer if we could focus on the facts of the case, so far we have a dozen threads of speculation!

I think you have misread my post, I haven't 'bashed' any public servants.

IMO it is interesting that the police were sure she went in the water but were reluctant to put forward their reasoning to the public. If the police knew the missing person was under the doctor for something like clinical depression they might put two and two together.

Would this be appropriate information to share with the public? It seems rather too personal.

All JMO and likely as not well wide of the mark.
It was asked in one of the pressers if Nicola may have any medical issues (is was apparent they were talking about her mental health) and police said no.

CPR can still be performed on someone who has been submerged, so I would expect them to go all out for this immediately. Case reports of survival of up to 90 minutes.

Following, I suppose the search just takes as long as it takes for a complex river system - would be finished now if it were a small pool for example I suppose.
People survive for 90 minutes underwater?

That is amazing. I never would have believed that.

I imagine that once they have been through all the available video, if nothing turns up, they will be scaling back on the case.

Had a long chat with @lancspolice press office today and astonishing 4 days after asking - they are still refusing to publicly name the SIO in the #nicolabulley investigation. Why ? I have never encountered such secrecy & bad media management

Why indeed…
Maybe it's just because MWT is an attention seeker and uses cases for his own public exposure and they don't want to include him in anything?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 11-46-06 Dr Graham Hill on Twitter.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 11-46-06 Dr Graham Hill on Twitter.png
    818.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Fo4D8l1WcAA_DbA.jpg
    Fo4D8l1WcAA_DbA.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 13
I think it might if the missing person had previously had suicide ideation. Surely this would be a pretty serious flag as it is well known to be followed up by successful suicide.
Are you sure about that?

Regardless, LE are vanishingly unlikely to publicise NB's mental health history. The family might, conceivably - but nothing they've said so far has given that impression. And imo even if there were a history of suicidal ideation, that would not have been allowed to dominate LE's working hypothesis, nor should it.

The pp is right that it would emerge at inquest, but generally speaking you will need a body before you can have an inquest.

JMO

It was asked in one of the pressers if Nicola may have any medical issues (is was apparent they were talking about her mental health) and police said no.

They also said they had sensitive information to back their working hypothesis. IMO the question relating to medical issues was asked more broadly i.e. daily medication for a medical issue, nothing to do with mental health issues.

People survive for 90 minutes underwater?

That is amazing. I never would have believed that.
I think there’s like one case report, and the person was hypothermic so their metabolism slowed right down - children are better at it. Outcomes at large are pretty tragic, particularly beyond 30 minutes.

However!! Search and rescue are on it sharpish if risk of someone in the water

Are you sure about that?

Regardless, LE are vanishingly unlikely to publicise NB's mental health history. The family might, conceivably - but nothing they've said so far has given that impression. And imo even if there were a history of suicidal ideation, that would not have been allowed to dominate LE's working hypothesis, nor should it.

The pp is right that it would emerge at inquest, but generally speaking you will need a body before you can have an inquest.

JMO

Yes I am sure.

A poster above suggests that the LE on one or the press announcements was asked if the missing person had medical issues and they said no she didn't.

It's in the countryside and it seems the police weren't following any avenue of an attacker / abductor so they weren't asking for witnesses or any observations from the public at the time... now it seems they are slowly going down that line of enquiry. I don't suppose the police have the legal right to ask anyone to prove where they were and what they were doing at the time, unless they're interviewing people or naming as a suspect, do they? JMO MOO
Check the media thread. From the get go they were asking for any witnesses.

They also said they had sensitive information to back their working hypothesis. IMO the question relating to medical issues was asked more broadly i.e. daily medication for a medical issue, nothing to do with mental health issues.
No they have never said they had sensitive information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring