Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I get annoyed with people and dogs off lead bounding round my on lead dog at times but they’ve never ended up in a canal and I’d like to think anyone would do the decent thing I’d someone ended up in the river

You'd be surprised. Not all dog walkers are pleasant. One woman let her dog knock me over in the mud, didn't take much as ground so slippery, in the woods and then the dog stood astride me. I kept calling out for the woman to get her dog off me, but she kept her distance. I was lucky it didn't bite me on the ground. I couldn't get up as ground so slippery. I was on the ground for ages until the dog gave up. The woman did nothing. She didn't care. Never seen in her my life and there was no contact or altercation beforehand. Whilst out walking I've seen women knocked over into ditches by other dogs. I've seen nasty women get really agressive with other women over dog/s. I could honestly envisage a few dog walking women in my area who would give a shove with their regular anger, even if they didn't mean for the other person to go into water. People react from anger then regret later. I honestly believe its possible this is one of many scenarios that might have happened to NB. Edited to add JMO MOO

Sorry if I've missed this and it's been stated somewhere. I'm assuming police have talked with everyone from her work that was on that Teams call? While she was likely muted on the call, I'm curious if there were ever questions or statements directed to her to which she did not respond. Or on the flip side, at what times was she responding, either verbally or by chat, and if verbally, did she sound distracted or out of breath at all (like she was running after her dog, struggling with something etc)? Could narrow down an even tighter timeline or give a clue as to what happened. Example: at X time, this coworker asked her a question directly and she didn't respond.
Of course, I will have some meetings, if they are pretty large, where I really just have to listen in and never speak and the participants would have no idea if I was there or not.

Could be that she was mindlessly pacing while listening to the call. My husband and I both work from home. He does this ALL the time while on work calls. He just randomly paces our entire upper floor. I know when you are listening or concentrating hard on something, sometimes you aren't as aware of your surroundings as you should be. Was she mindlessly wandering about while listening in, didn't pay attention that she was too close to the edge/slope and then went in? MOO
I was thinking this. My girlfriend and I both have TEAM meetings or conference calls. (We work in different industries). Like NB, most of our time is on mute. Although there are instances where a question is directed at us or we are asked for our opinion on such or such a thing. I sincerely hope that LE have determined whether any attempt was made to interact with NB on the call despite her being muted.

Apologies if this has been covered but the police have asked the public to look for her clothing (would her clothes come off in the water) but haven’t released pics of the outfit.
Nor is there any footage of her anywhere that day showing her outfit.
No dashcams, no doorbell cams, no cctv.
It’s all so strange.

I've just watched the Daily Mail video and couldn't see one. But it doesn't mean there isn't one in a direction the camera didn't point. I would imagine any bin in the area would have been examined for the fitbit etc. Video tracks Nicola Bulley's journey to bench where phone was found

Yes it was more to see if it was close enough for her to have maybe nipped to whilst her phone was on the bench. I can’t see one either on the many videos I’ve watched.

Following this thread with hope for some news about Nicola.

I've reflected on a recent time I was out walking in the country, a dog ran far from its owners, it was pelting towards me and ran into my right thigh. This knocked me to the ground. By the time the owners got close enough to see me I had managed to stand up - they walked briskly by me but I really doubt they saw anything. I was in too much shock to shout or tell the owners what had happened.

Of course I was fine, apart from a huge bruise on my thigh from where the dog ran into me at speed.

If I was standing anywhere near water I'm sure I would have gone into it and would likely not have been able to shout for help.

Apologies if this has been covered but the police have asked the public to look for her clothing (would her clothes come off in the water) but haven’t released pics of the outfit.
Nor is there any footage of her anywhere that day showing her outfit.
No dashcams, no doorbell cams, no cctv.
It’s all so strange.
That’s a very good point actually - when you consider other miss person cases <modsnip> they show you cctv images of the missing person and what they were wearing so it helps people be on the lookout. Now if they do have cctv of the exits and entrances why haven’t they released CCTV of NB earlier in the day showing exactly what she was wearing - sometimes a picture really helps. IMO.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

Nikki was in the middle of fields and all CCTV proves that she never left from there. How could an abductor suddenly grab her and take her away without being seen by other dog walkers ( several were around) and without her screaming, Willow following, and being captured on CCTV?

It’s obvious to the police that the most likely scenarios is she sat on the bench for a short rest while listening in to her work meeting; she probably did have a ball with her despite what her friends said, as the police say the ball is missing - which means Nikki’s partner has said the ball is missing too.

She possibly was throwing the ball for Willow as she sat listening on her phone, then the ball went out of sight, Willow clearly couldn’t get it or see it, so she quickly put her phone down for what would have been seconds ( have you seen how near the bench is to the river?!) dashed over to see if she could spot it, slipped or Tumbled head first into the river and went under very quickly.

Sadly, accidents happen. Now every person who goes missing has been abducted.

Last edited:
I’m going back to my suggestion of abduction and then removal, via car possibly. These are pics of the area. Which exit is the one without cctv cover? I have highlighted last location of phone.
I assume the police are sure Nicola was with the phone until 9.10 ish because of data synch between Fitbit and phone until a certain time. And they may be assuming that synching ended when she fell in the river.
It’s also possible that synching ended when she was removed from the phone in the other direction. Through the gate. And Willow’s reported behaviour could support this theory.

Removal through that gate seems to give a route to or through the camping /caravan park.

Presumably the whole park has been thoroughly searched. If she is not there, she could have been removed by car? So which of the roads shown is the one where they don’t know what cars entered and left?

Attachments

• 55148319-1E99-41E4-A36F-3433410845F9.jpeg
    55148319-1E99-41E4-A36F-3433410845F9.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 670DBCEF-A0ED-4B4A-9B9C-C95509358D43.jpeg
    670DBCEF-A0ED-4B4A-9B9C-C95509358D43.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 24
That’s a very good point actually - when you consider other cases <modsnip> they show you cctv images of the missing person and what they were wearing so it helps people be on the lookout. Now if they do have cctv of the exits and entrances why haven’t they released CCTV of NB earlier in the day showing exactly what she was wearing - sometimes a picture really helps. IMO.
It’s really hard to go anywhere in Britain now without being picked up on camera somewhere. Even leaving her house in the morning, even her car. Do we even know the car she was driving? It’s as if they police are being deliberately vague.

That’s a very good point actually - when you consider other miss person cases <modsnip> they show you cctv images of the missing person and what they were wearing so it helps people be on the lookout. Now if they do have cctv of the exits and entrances why haven’t they released CCTV of NB earlier in the day showing exactly what she was wearing - sometimes a picture really helps. IMO.
She was dressed in black with green ankle wellies. Green socks.

Re: the ball. My thoughts are that the friends know that NB had said that she wasn't going to take a ball with her anymore. If, however, the ball appears to be missing, as mentioned upthread, it's possible the NB suddenly thought, "I've got that Teams meeting, I'll just take the ball today to occupy Willow if I need to engage with the meeting a bit."

She might have imagined just what so many have thought may have happened - sitting on that bench, listening to the meeting, throwing the ball for a bit of passive playing.

There seems to be a noticeable divide between Nicola's family and the police developing. The family seems to think something happened to her but it wasn't falling into the river. Her sister seemed rather unhappy with the police's response yesterday. <modsnip>The fact is the police know more than we do I'm sure and I hope they can find Nicola, I can't imagine the pain her family and friends are going through.

Good point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member