UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a friend visiting us in whom my totally innocent remark triggered an intense emotional response, akin to a mix of intense hysteria and psychotic/paranoid reaction. It appeared incomprehensible; several years later she said it marked the beginning of her Graves' disease.
That's thyroid related, I think. LL is on record as saying she had thyroid issues since childhood.

Just out of curiosity:

How did the grievance process she filed against the hospital end?
Did it involve some kind of Labour Court?

Another thing.
I read on another forum that IF she takes the stand, she cannot consult her Defence team as she would be under Oath.

Last edited:
I don’t think it went anywhere Dotta but I may be wrong and we just haven’t heard, sort of immaterial now !
No she can’t speak with BM for the entirety of her time on the stand. Not even a “ good morning “ she’s totally on her own.

I don’t think it went anywhere Dotta but I may be wrong and we just haven’t heard, sort of immaterial now !
No she can’t speak with BM for the entirety of her time on the stand. Not even a “ good morning “ she’s totally on her own.
Re her taking the stand

That only 2 days in each of the following weeks are reserved for Jury to attend might mean she will indeed take the stand.
To give her some rest after stressful examining.

I also think we might hear ruthless attack on hospital - care, staff, etc.
No kid gloves.

JMO

A bit off the current track, but here goes! Maybe Parker Knoll knows the answer? Following an arrest, what restrictions are there on what friends, family, even the general public can say? It's tempting to think that as LL's parents you'd be shouting about the injustice from the rooftops. Would this be illegal, or would they just be advised not to do so as it's a bad idea?

I think that may be the case yes though it’s unprecedented.

If she really is to give evidence on Tuesday then I suspect the defence are calling very few, if any, witnesses of their own. Its risky calling the defendant and why would you risk her potentially being totally destroyed which could undermine your experts?

Surely you'd have your experts and then the defendant if you thought you needed to?
I don’t see how they could call on many med experts tbh. Dr bohin is such a solid witness to call on, dr evans less so but seems to be solid enough, I don’t think they can contest the insulin cases and dr marnerides is another top tier doc imo. That’s a formidable list of experts.

I think she will take the stand as it’s going to bolster mr Myers points of her being a dutiful, conscientious and involved nurse. I don’t really see how the prosecution could tear her apart tbh, whatever she says on the med cases won’t be too far from what’s she already said.

I think she will take the stand maybe not this coming week. she has gone with ng plea so I think she will do what is in line with that. She is up against quite a formidable group as well as a formidable presentation of med evidence and I think if she wants to put a good image forward she will speak and it would be imperative for her case.

Re "immaterial"

For me it is "material" haha

Important
- because it shows her daring streak.

Instead of "sitting quiet as a mouse" grateful for job and salary she still got, she boldly attacked the place of work for simply doing their duty to examine the collapses/deaths of patients.

I just wanted to know if her grievance was dismissed or not!

I think I’m about to get shot down But here goes nothing. Does anyone think there is the potential that what she said about the shredder was a nervous reaction? Sometimes if people are really on the spot they just react and speak without thinking.

as an example when young me my brothers and friends were playing in the alley behind our house when some police turned up. My middle bro saw them and for some silly reason bolted lol he ran, he was chased and was caught and the funny thing was he hadn’t actually done anything. He just got scared and ran. No reason for it, just acted. It’s possible for that to have happened here.

A bit off the current track, but here goes! Maybe Parker Knoll knows the answer? Following an arrest, what restrictions are there on what friends, family, even the general public can say? It's tempting to think that as LL's parents you'd be shouting about the injustice from the rooftops. Would this be illegal, or would they just be advised not to do so as it's a bad idea?
There are restrictions on what the press can report when "proceedings are active" and that happens when someone is arrested. There are other contempt issues once the trial is underway.

People fail to realise, though, it applies to everyone, not just the papers. All the muppets posting potentially contemptuous pap on FB are just as liable to being sent down for contempt of court as a journalist is.

I think I’m about to get shot down But here goes nothing. Does anyone think there is the potential that what she said about the shredder was a nervous reaction? Sometimes if people are really on the spot they just react and speak without thinking.

as an example when young me my brothers and friends were playing in the alley behind our house when some police turned up. My middle bro saw them and for some silly reason bolted lol he ran, he was chased and was caught and the funny thing was he hadn’t actually done anything. He just got scared and ran. No reason for it, just acted. It’s possible for that to have happened here.
I guess Mr KC Nick J. is in excellent mood right now :D

Just out of curiosity:

How did the grievance process she filed against the hospital end?
Did it involve some kind of Labour Court?.
If a formal grievance is raised, her employer should arrange a hearing within 5 working days -

If LL was unhappy with the outcome, she could have taken it to tribunal - outcomes of employment tribunals since Feb 2017 are available online.
(edited for spelling)

That was in reply to Dotta !
Depending on what was said and “ where “ it was said it could be contempt of court as this is a live ongoing trial. I would think they will of been hounded by the press to give interviews ( I understand a lot of local people have been door stepped ) but nothing apart from a few odd comments have been reported. The family may already have given interviews to the media and they are sitting on them until the verdict.
I would expect BM and Letbys whole legal team would of advised very strongly to say absolutely nothing though if it was my daughter and she “ was “ innocent I too would want to shout it from the rooftops. There is nothing stopping them from setting up camp outside Manchester Crown Court with placards but they would be moved along sharpish. Probably threatened with arrest for breach of the peace or similar.
As for Facebook and SM - the comments on there are astounding. They do not seem to grasp how much hot water they could be in by spouting their thoughts and views.
Imho obviously.

To be honest I’ve not paid much attention to the shedder thing, after being burnt once by the ‘don’t know what an air embolism is’ saga. She had 30 interviews, I expect there was copious amounts of discussion about her shedder and why she chose not to shred the handover notes. Without knowing the entire context of the discussion, which babies were being discussed when she said this, when the shedder was purchased etc. JMO.

That’s her only comeback for the shredder - if she bought it after she was asked if she had one.

Depending on what was said and “ where “ it was said it could be contempt of court as this is a live ongoing trial. I would think they will of been hounded by the press to give interviews ( I understand a lot of local people have been door stepped ) but nothing apart from a few odd comments have been reported. The family may already have given interviews to the media and they are sitting on them until the verdict.
I would expect BM and Letbys whole legal team would of advised very strongly to say absolutely nothing though if it was my daughter and she “ was “ innocent I too would want to shout it from the rooftops. There is nothing stopping them from setting up camp outside Manchester Crown Court with placards but they would be moved along sharpish. Probably threatened with arrest for breach of the peace or similar.
As for Facebook and SM - the comments on there are astounding. They do not seem to grasp how much hot water they could be in by spouting their thoughts and views.
Imho obviously.

Thanks PK. Very informative as always. I get the restrictions when the trial is underway, but I was thinking more about just after she was charged?

Imho obviously.
Sorry
I don't think it was a reply to

MY POST!!!

I didn't write about this particular issue o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors