UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Facebook and SM - the comments on there are astounding. They do not seem to grasp how much hot water they could be in by spouting their thoughts and views.
Imho obviously.
This needs to be dealt with as this sort of rubbish has been allowed to go on for far too long, imo. It's not just this trial, it happens all the time - just look at the Nicola Bulley disappearance, the actions of self-important morons on FB, YouTube and just about every other public platform was utterly shameful, quite honestly. Sooner or later this sort of stuff is going to cause a major trial to collapse.

It's a complete lack of personal responsibility. It's the "I can do whatever the **** I want, whenever the **** I feel like it." approach to life. It's deeply disrespectful to everyone involved and to society in general, IMO.

Anyway, rant over!

Ha ha …. I can keep it going if you want to Dotta !
Why does she lie on so many provable questions though ? She’s had years to get her story straight.
The things which seem to be lies mostly relate to the hand-over sheets; why she kept them, why she didn't destroy them, etc. If she does have some compulsive disorder causing her to do this (whether guilty or not) then it surely would not be unusual for her to lie about it? I mean, it can't be easy to face up to suffering from something like that and maybe she doesn't even fully appreciate she has it.

Also the FB searches seem like very compulsive behavior to me so maybe the same applies to them?

I have no idea as to whether that's the case, it's just my totally unqualified ramblings, but having that many hand-over sheets that you should most certainly not have in your possession, seems like an extreme compulsion to me.

MOO

Changing the topic :)

If she indeed is taking the stand,
will the public gallery in Court be open to the public?
If I lived in the UK I might consider a trip to ....Manchester(?)

I would love to see my favourite barrister Mr KC Nick J in action :)

But I guess the gallery is closed for spectators.
The court is public but I'm not sure how big the gallery is. In any event, I think that families are given priority. Even most of the press are in an annex, I believe. I reckon the chance of getting anywhere near it is next to zero, quite frankly.

Very true. I forgot I owned a guillotine, which was hidden away in a cupboard (a guillotine for cutting paper, not for chopping off heads, I hasten to add).
That's my life all over! I've forgotten loads of stuff I own and have gone out and bought them again.

The court is public but I'm not sure how big the gallery is. In any event, I think that families are given priority. Even most of the press are in an annex, I believe. I reckon the chance of getting anywhere near it is next to zero, quite frankly.
Yes.
Besides there is this "anonymity issue" of some staff and Babies.

JMO

There is a courtroom screening the evidence at Chester but that is only strictly for family members involved, no public so they don’t need to travel into Manchester everyday.
Court 8 at Manchester is for press and public. Court 8 is not a big court to start with. Probably room for 20 (ish) public and the rest for press.

Changing the topic :)

If she indeed is taking the stand,
will the public gallery in Court be open to the public?
If I lived in the UK I might consider a trip to ....Manchester(?)

I would love to see my favourite barrister Mr KC Nick J in action :)

But I guess the gallery is closed for spectators.

A friend of a friend went for baby Q (it was a short day iirc). The gallery is not open but there is a satellite room for spectators etc that they went in to watch the trial on the screen and said it wasn’t very full. There’s a camera with a view of courtroom and lots of slides were shown.

I live 30 mins away by car and an hour on the bus and would love to go but have commitments that I can’t get away from :(

A friend of a friend went for baby Q (it was a short day iirc). The gallery is not open but there is a satellite room for spectators etc that they went in to watch the trial on the screen and said it wasn’t very full. There’s a camera with a view of courtroom and lots of slides were shown.

I live 30 mins away by car and an hour on the bus and would love to go but have commitments that I can’t get away from :(
Wow!
So you might actually go there for, let's say, Prosecution Closing Speech!
We will all here await your observations.

Wow!
So you might actually go there for, let's say, Prosecution Closing Speech!
We will all here await your observations.

If I ever managed to get there I’ll pass on your love and best wishes to Nick Johnson KC - but not on a post-it note… ;)

Yes.
Besides there is this "anonymity issue" of some staff and Babies.

JMO
The "anonymity" thing is just a reporting restriction, it doesn't affect who can attend the court, just what they can publish about it afterwards.

This goes back to what I was saying before about idiots on social media; if they attend court and hear the names of people who benefit from a reporting restriction then that restriction binds everyone from publishing their names, not just the official press people. So if someone goes home and publishes a name they shouldn't they are at the same risk of conviction and possible imprisonment as would be a newspaper reporter.

On Thurs Granada Reports after the summary of the day in court they mentioned it was a possibility that she could take the stand.
Yes, typical ramping of a story to get resders/viewers/listeners where the outlet can say anything they want on zero evidence and they can't ever be proved wrong. Doesn't have same same draw as "it's a possiblity she may not take the stand".

Gone on for centuries, it's called "click-bait" today.

They photographed it on the first search of her home, and also photographed the shredder box in her wardrobe at her parents' home on the same date.

She said she didn't have a shredder in her final interview two years later.

to be fair, it might have been in the police evidence locker at that stage! :D

(no, I don't think they would seize stuff like that, maybe the contents though)

Maybe it broke and she didn't have (a functioning) one when she was asked about it?

I for eg. killed a shredder by overfeeding it. I still had a shredder just not a functioning one.

Yes, typical ramping of a story to get resders/viewers/listeners where the outlet can say anything they want on zero evidence and they can't ever be proved wrong. Doesn't have same same draw as "it's a possiblity she may not take the stand".

Gone on for centuries, it's called "click-bait" today.

I‘d say the People.Com story was click bait as are most headlines. Local tv news was just saying at end of report either way I bet it’s rammed at court on Tuesday.

This needs to be dealt with as this sort of rubbish has been allowed to go on for far too long, imo. It's not just this trial, it happens all the time - just look at the Nicola Bulley disappearance, the actions of self-important morons on FB, YouTube and just about every other public platform was utterly shameful, quite honestly. Sooner or later this sort of stuff is going to cause a major trial to collapse.

It's a complete lack of personal responsibility. It's the "I can do whatever the **** I want, whenever the **** I feel like it." approach to life. It's deeply disrespectful to everyone involved and to society in general, IMO.

Anyway, rant over!
Hate the stuff they are putting on yet about Nicola bulley. The course of those events is more or less a mirror for the many many times similar things have happened. Saw one today and they have the nerve to drag her fella into it again. It’s shocking and wrong.

The things which seem to be lies mostly relate to the hand-over sheets; why she kept them, why she didn't destroy them, etc. If she does have some compulsive disorder causing her to do this (whether guilty or not) then it surely would not be unusual for her to lie about it? I mean, it can't be easy to face up to suffering from something like that and maybe she doesn't even fully appreciate she has it.

Also the FB searches seem like very compulsive behavior to me so maybe the same applies to them?

I have no idea as to whether that's the case, it's just my totally unqualified ramblings, but having that many hand-over sheets that you should most certainly not have in your possession, seems like an extreme compulsion to me.

MOO
I have a potentially applicable bit of experience from when I was very young. Every bit of rubbish I had from every packed lunch I took to primary school I would have to take home and dispose of it there. It felt wrong to put it in the bin at school for some inexplicable reason. I don’t know if ll has something similar going on but is a potential. I stopped doing It after year 5 though.

A bit off the current track, but here goes! Maybe Parker Knoll knows the answer? Following an arrest, what restrictions are there on what friends, family, even the general public can say? It's tempting to think that as LL's parents you'd be shouting about the injustice from the rooftops. Would this be illegal, or would they just be advised not to do so as it's a bad idea?

Slightly off track again, and not so much on the legal side, I can't really see what family and friends would have had to work with here in terms of protesting LL's innocence. They only knew what she was accused of, they had no idea what the accusations were based upon and what evidence existed that pointed to her alleged guilt.

I just don't think it's the type of case where innocence could be protested. Shock, disbelief, horror etc, yes, but innocence no.

It's such an unusual case.

Slightly off track again, and not so much on the legal side, I can't really see what family and friends would have had to work with here in terms of protesting LL's innocence. They only knew what she was accused of, they had no idea what the accusations were based upon and what evidence existed that pointed to her alleged guilt.

I just don't think it's the type of case where innocence could be protested. Shock, disbelief, horror etc, yes, but innocence no.

It's such an unusual case.

I imagine most parents would be protesting that the charge was unjustified without waiting for evidence. I know I would.

I imagine most parents would be protesting that the charge was unjustified without waiting for evidence. I know I would.

I know, and I don't know if they did or not. I do remember when she was first arrested and the case hit the headlines, reading 'shocked' responses from neighbours, locals, possibly even family friends, but I don't recall anything coming directly from her parents.

Others on here may have better recall/knowledge of what might have been said at the time and later...

My heart breaks for them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members