GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel physically ill. This evil witch should be made to face these impact statements.

The incredible bravery of the victims parents, after all these months of being forced to listen to the horrific evidence of how LL tore their families apart. LL herself is too much of a coward to face them. She wasn’t afraid when she stole their children’s future, offered hollow words of sympathy, took hand and foot prints, and washed and dressed her tiny victims.

I will feel no sense of justice today, since LL is exercising her final bit of control and denying the parents the chance to look her in the eye.

Evil, despicable coward. May she rot.
Don’t know why they can’t blast the audio and video of the statements into her prison cell if she won’t attend.

This line in particular is harrowing "She says that she felt robbed of precious time with her baby boy after he died.... Lucy Letby bathed him and dressed him in a gown, which he was then buried in."

I hadn't even thought of her actions after she did it until this.

Posted at 10:4010:40

'I never leave my surviving son alone... I can't trust anyone'​

ee1f1e45-2687-4090-816e-cd3f8b8e263c.jpg

Judith Moritz
Inside the courtroom
The mother of twin boys E and F continues to share her victim impact statement from the witness box.
The family had IVF and the mother says Letby knew this and was aware of their journey.
"She presented herself as kind, caring and softly spoken. Now I know it was all an act... it has left me unable to trust anyone."
The mother says she won't leave the surviving twin boy, who has complex needs, alone with any medical professional, even though "logically I know that every nurse is not like Lucy."

Is it just me or does her defence seem to agree she’s guilty?
Her defense know they have nothing to work with at this point, so all they can do is repeat her professed statement of innocence, acknowledge the likely sentence, and express their sympathy for the families. I see nothing in his statement that betrays a personal opinion of that kind. He's being purely professional.

MOO

The absolute strength of them to get up there and say everything that is/has been breaking them inside, in complete contrast to LL hiding away. I've seen the arguments for and against and I believe at the very least the perpetrators should be forced to hear it by video link
The victim impact statements should be played on repeat into her prison cell for the next week.

10:41am

The mother of Child E and Child F has come forward to read a statement.
She said "our dreams had come true" when the twin boys were born.
"Never were I to imagine that [Child E] were to die."
"Losing [Child E] was the most difficult thing I had ever experienced".
When Child F collapsed, she thought 'no please, not again', and "it was a living nightmare".
On July 3, 2018, the mother said her world was shattered as the news came through of Letby's arrest.
"We felt cheated, deceived and utterly heartbroken once more".
She said she had felt guilty, having trusted Letby and followed instructions "diligently".
"We were robbed of precious time with our baby boy - having to grieve in the presence of Letby", who had dressed him.
"Our babies were extraordinary miracles - I was walking on a cloud of pure happiness. Letby deliberately caused signficiant harm."
"I still struggle to understand why it happened to us."
Letby's behaviour was "a sadistic act".
Child F has been left with learning difficulties, which the mother believes was as a result of Letby's attempted murder.
"It breaks my heart to know that things could have been so different for him."
She says during Letby's time under police investigation, until she was charged in November 2020, the family of Child E and Child F were in limbo.
She said the moment of Child E's crying was "etched in her mind", and found it insulting when she was challenged on that account when giving evidence in court.
"Lucy abused the power she held. She claimed we had a good relationship...it should have been strictly professional. I was vulnerable, doing my best to get through each day. The lies she has told fill me with anger."
"Nothing can changed what has happened to us. We are living with Letby's crimes."
"Lucy is right, she attacked them on purpose because she was not good enough."
She says her babies were 'pawns' in Letby's "twisted game".
"The trial felt like a platform for Lucy to relive her crimes.
"She has repeatedly disrespected my boys' memory."
The 'best thing' Letby could have done was take the stand, when "her mask slipped", the mother adds.
Letby's refusal to attend sentencing is the "final act of wickedness from a coward."

10:44

We are living with a life sentence, says twins' mum​

ee1f1e45-2687-4090-816e-cd3f8b8e263c.jpg

Judith Moritz
Inside the courtroom
The mother of twins baby E, who was killed, and baby F, who Letby tried to kill, continues to address the courtroom.
She says "the trial felt like a platform for Lucy to relive her crimes".
She adds that "we had to endure months of sitting in court... it was heart-wrenching and soul-destroying... especially when it was suggested that baby E's cry wasn't as loud as I said it was... I was there".
About the fact Letby searched for her on Facebook, the mother says: "The relationship should have been strictly professional... I was on that unit for only 13 days."
"We are living with a life sentence because of Letby’s crimes."

Verdicts in order of delivery

Tue 8th August 2pm

1. Count 6 – Attempted Murder baby F, Aug 5 2015 – Guilty
  2. Count 15 – Attempted Murder baby L, Apr 9 2016 – Guilty
(Majority direction given at 3pm)

Fri 11th August 1pm (deliberations started at 1pm because juror had a morning appointment)

1. Count 3 - Murder baby C, Jun 14 2015 – Guilty
  2. Count 12 - Murder baby I, Oct 23 2015 – Guilty
  3. Count 16 – Attempted Murder baby M, Apr 9 2016 – Guilty
  4. Count 17 – Attempted Murder baby N, Jun 3 2016 – Guilty
  5. Count 20 - Murder baby O, Jun 23 2016 – Guilty
  6. Count 21 - Murder baby P, Jun 24 2016 – Guilty

Wed 16th August 2pm

1. Count 1 – Murder baby A, Jun 8 2015 – Guilty
  2. Count 2 – Attempted Murder baby B, Jun 8 – 11 2015 – Guilty
  3. Count 4 - Murder baby D, Jun 22 2015 – Guilty
  4. Count 5 - Murder baby E, Aug 4 2015 – Guilty
  5. Count 7 – Attempted Murder baby G, Sep 7 2015 – Guilty
  6. Count 8 – Attempted Murder baby G, Sep 21 2015 – Guilty
  7. Count 9 – Attempted Murder baby G, Sep 21 2015 – Not Guilty

Thu 17th August 12.45pm

1. Count 10 – Attempted Murder baby H, Sep 26 2015 – Not Guilty

Fri 18th August before 1.15pm

1. Count 11 – Attempted Murder baby H, Sep 27 2015 – No verdict
  2. Count 13 – Attempted Murder baby J, Nov 27 2015 – No verdict
  3. Count 14 – Attempted Murder baby K, Feb 17 2016 – No verdict
  4. Count 18 – Attempted Murder baby N, Jun 15 2016 – No verdict
  5. Count 19 – Attempted Murder baby N, Jun 15 2016 – No verdict
  6. Count 22 – Attempted Murder baby Q, Jun 25 2016 – No verdict

Wow thanks

This line in particular is harrowing "She says that she felt robbed of precious time with her baby boy after he died.... Lucy Letby bathed him and dressed him in a gown, which he was then buried in."

I hadn't even thought of her actions after she did it until this.
She handled multiple babies in this way after death. And one of the mothers who chose to bathe her baby herself, LL hung around smiling and talking about how much the infant had enjoyed the bath LL was present for, when she was alive. That mother's memory is therefore also tainted by the fact that she wasn't the one to give her that bath, and that the baby in her hands that she is bathing is dead and can't enjoy anything any more.

I posted something about signature behaviours last night. This intrusion into the postmortem rituals and positioning herself to be the one handling the body seems to be something that LL sought out.

MOO

From Andy Gill Twitter:

Court now being read statement from father of Baby G, a girl whom Letby tried to kill by overfeeding her with air and milk. When G was ill he prayed to God to save her. “He saved her, but the devil found her.”

Baby G suffered brain damage. She’s been hospitalised numerous times. Her parents have had to resuscitate her at home when she’s stopped breathing.

G’s mum gets about 2 hours sleep a night because G needs so much attention in the night. Her mum keeps herself for so she can take the best care of G she can. They worry what what will happen if G outlives them.

“G will never have a first boyfriend, a first kiss or get married.” She’s registered blind, has cerebral palsy and is nil by mouth. She needs major back surgery for scoliosis.

Jesus, these statements are heartbreaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member