GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted at 10:4910:49

Letby's refusal to attend court 'shows the mask has slipped'​

ee1f1e45-2687-4090-816e-cd3f8b8e263c.jpg

Judith Moritz
Inside the courtroom
The mother of babies E and F continues by saying that even in the final days of the trial, Letby has "tried to control things" by refusing to appear in the dock.
"The disrespect she has shown the families and the court show what type of person she is," the mother adds.
"We have attended court day in and day out, yet she decides she has had enough, and stays in her cell, just one final act of wickedness from a coward."
The mother goes on to "thank" Letby for "showing the court what she is really like once the ‘nice Lucy’ mask slips."
She concludes: "It was honestly the best thing she could have done to ensure our boys got the justice they deserve."

Posted at 10:4910:49

Bereaved parents cry quietly in public gallery​

Judith Moritz
Inside the courtroom
To give you some detail from the courtroom, it's extremely emotional.
The public gallery is full of parents of the babies some of whom are crying quietly.
Some of the jury members are also upset as they hear the statements.
Neither Letby or her parents are here to witness that emotion.

Posted at 10:5410:54

Our daughter is severely disabled because of Letby, say parents​

Judith Moritz
Inside the courtroom
A statement is now being read by Phillip Astbury KC on behalf of the father of baby G, a baby girl who Letby tried to kill in September 2015.
The father of baby G says that she needs substantial care and her mother only gets about two hours' sleep a night.
She was left severely disabled as a result of Letby's attacks. The child is registered as blind, nil by mouth, and has cerebral palsy and progressive scoliosis (spinal curvature). She needs a spinal operation but there is concern that she may not survive the surgery.
Baby G's parents say: "What if she outlives us? Who will care for her then?
"Her condition affects every aspect of our lives... We see other families and their children fishing... playing football... other things we can't do."
"She will never have a sleepover, go to high school, have a boyfriend, get married".

I thought this, “sympathies lie with the victims” - goes against LLs claims of innocence.
The jury has decided that they are victims by returning guilty verdicts . The defence team has to at least appear to respect that ; otherwise, I imagine it would look like the barristers are being disrespectful of the process.

It will be very interesting to see if she appeals and whether her current defence team sticks with her for the appeals.

(content does not appear in your post for me, so copying it over)

The KC says the 'appropriate starting point is a whole life order' - only three other women have received this sentence in UK history

10:07 AM · Aug 21, 2023
And she will be only the second to receive it from the court which convicted her.

The jury has decided that they are victims by returning guilty verdicts . The defence team has to at least appear to respect that ; otherwise, I imagine it would look like the barristers are being disrespectful of the process.

It will be very interesting to see if she appeals and whether her current defence team sticks with her for the appeals.
Almost inevitable that she will appeal and very likely her defence team will stick by her.

10:53am

A statement is read out by Mr Astbury from the father of Child G.
He said after a long wait at the hospital, a 12-week scan was positive.
He recalls Child G had given birth in the bathroom to a baby girl, who was "so premature" but was "doing well".
"For me, what has happened has damaged my faith".
"He [God] saved her, but the devil found her."
He said Child G should have been at the Countess for just a few weeks. After her transfer, following an attempted murder, he could tell Child G was different.
When she was brought home, Child G was still "so small", weighing just 5lb. She began to miss developmental goals, and the extent of her brain damage became clearer two years later at a scan, and she has been hospitalised numerous times since.
He recalls other occasions on which Child G was poorly and had to be ventilated. He says the mother finds it difficult to trust people in hospitals, after what had happened.
He says when Child G has a bad night, the mother has a day bed to be with her. Prior to this purchase of the day bed, the mother was sleeping on the floor.
He says the concern is what happens if Child G outlives the parents, and who would care for her.
He says their home has been adapted to care for Child G's needs, and the council asked for £10,000 to pay for the adaptation.
He says when they go on holiday, "meticulous planning" is required. A fridge is required in the room, for Child G's medication.
The family are "limited" in doing normal things.
He says Child G will never have a first boyfriend, a kiss, or get married. She will always be in her chair, dependent on others. He adds Child G is stubborn and remains strong.
On the police investigation, he says he wanted it over so the family could get on with their lives.
Child G is in the process of being lined up for spinal surgery.

From Andy Gill Twitter:

Court now being read statement from father of Baby G, a girl whom Letby tried to kill by overfeeding her with air and milk. When G was ill he prayed to God to save her. “He saved her, but the devil found her.”

Baby G suffered brain damage. She’s been hospitalised numerous times. Her parents have had to resuscitate her at home when she’s stopped breathing.

G’s mum gets about 2 hours sleep a night because G needs so much attention in the night. Her mum keeps herself for so she can take the best care of G she can. They worry what what will happen if G outlives them.

“G will never have a first boyfriend, a first kiss or get married.” She’s registered blind, has cerebral palsy and is nil by mouth. She needs major back surgery for scoliosis.

Jesus, these statements are heartbreaking
Heartbreaking - a life sentence for their love and dedication and that family unit are victims of the guilty person.

11:05am

A statement from the mother of Child I is read out by Mr Astbury.
The mother recalls the first collapse of Child I made her "paranoid", and she was told the cause of it was an infection. She said she took extra precautions as nothing was worth the risk of this happening again.
She said the parents had a rota to be with Child I, which was "exhausting". At the second collapse, she had 'begun to relax' as Child I had been improving. The mother said within half an hour of visiting a friend, she got a call to go to the hospital asap.
When she arrived, she was on her own, it was "so scary" having to watch "our tiny girl fighting so hard".
"We kept thinking, why is this still happening?"
The collapses were "getting worse".
Before the third collapse, Child I was 'like a full-term baby' - a "very content little girl", and talked about bringing her home.
At the third collapse, the family were in 'fight or flight' mode. Child I had been unresponsive.
Child I 'suddenly picked up' after being transferred to Arrowe Park. She looked swollen, in a lot of pain, and her eyes looked very sad. She was transferred back to the Countess of Chester Hospital.
The family were told Child I could still be home for Christmas.
The mother said she was informed about another collapse for Child I. She felt uneasy, and went to the hospital. When she arrived, this was 'different', as Child I was not fighting.
"I couldn't look at the monitors as I knew she was worse than the previous times."
"I can't even begin to explain the pain when we lost her - our gorgeous little princess."
The mother said she would wear sunglasses to hide her tears from others in the months afterwards, and felt like she was "sinking into a black hole".
The father "really struggled" in the aftermath, and the impact was felt across other members of the family.
When the police contacted about the investigation, the mother said she thought it was about possible hospital mistakes. Upon being asked to relive the events, this had a big impact on her, and she started therapy for PTSD. She remebered her "whole body shaking" on the news Letby was arrested.
"We dug for years, trying to get answers for what happened...it's impacted so much of our family. To be told what happened to our daughter...I don't think I'll ever get over the fact our daughter was tortured until she had no fight left."
"[Child I] should be eight this year."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member