GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Parmenter Verified account  ‏@TomSkyNews · 33s34 seconds ago
Shauna Hoare wipes away tears as she sits in the dock taking in the verdicts in this case - she is guilty of manslaughter

WOW WOW JUSTICE has truly been done, now for the sentances!!!!

So happy for the family.

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 37s38 seconds ago
After five weeks of evidence, it only took the jury three hours to reach these verdicts on numerous counts and defendants.

Well, I guess the evidence that wasn't allowed to be reported was over-whelming, to get such speedy verdicts.

I was just reading on the UK & Eire website regarding the unreported stuff, a poster saying her daughter (a law student) had attended the court every day, and said the unreported things were "shocking".

Victoria Davies ‏@VictoriaITV · 1m1 minute ago
Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare guilty of conspiracy to kidnap. Matthews guilty of murder. Hoare guilty of manslaughter. #beckywatts

Just as the Majority of us thought here!

#justiceforBecky HAS BEEN SERVED! ♡♡♡

Well, going with my hunch that NM and SH had decided leading up to that day that they were going to kill Becky in a wood, and stage it as a suicide, I am 100% certain that there was a kidnap plan. There is no other way they could get away with taking her away and her remaining alive. I do not believe that an argument over money or untidiness or attitude led to an unplanned killing. I think the purchase of the stun guns seals it.

As the plan was to kill, it didn't take much of a leap to have to do it when Becky fought back and they were thwarted in their efforts to get her in the car alive.

As regards a sexual motive, I am wavering. I do think they may have intended to have their fun with her before killing her, and I do think they have the required perversion of mind, to take enjoyment from controlling and dominating another.

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 31s31 seconds ago
I can see Shauna Hoare listening to lawyers discussing sentencing. She is looking straight ahead - pale and drawn. Hand covering her mouth.

Becky Watts trial: Verdicts

After three and a half hours the jury have returned their verdicts.

NATHAN MATTHEWS

Conspiracy to kidnap - GUILTY
Murder - GUILTY (admits manslaughter)
Perverting the course of justice - GUILTY (pleaded)
Preventing the lawful burial of Becky Watts - GUILTY (pleaded)
Possessing a prohibited weapon, namely two stun guns - GUILTY (pleaded)

SHAUNA HOARE

Conspiracy to kidnap - GUILTY
Murder - NOT GUILTY found alternative of MANSLAUGHTER
Perverting the course of justice - GUILTY
Preventing the lawful burial of Becky Watts - GUILTY
Possessing a prohibited weapon, namely two stun guns - GUILTY

JAMES IRELAND AND DONOVAN DEMETRIUS

Assisting an offender - NOT GUILTY

http://www.itv.com/news/west/update/2015-11-11/becky-watts-trial-verdicts/

Well, I guess the evidence that wasn't allowed to be reported was over-whelming, to get such speedy verdicts.

I was just reading on the UK & Eire website regarding the unreported stuff, a poster saying her daughter (a law student) had attended the court every day, and said the unreported things were "shocking".

Thanks for confirming that, that is what I was thinking to come back so quickly.

Glad DD and JI were found not guilty and can start to RE-build their life's. This was a very very quick decision. As you are all saying the evidence must have been stacking and we haven't heard it all. Thank the Lord.

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 45s45 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews looks down at the floor - no eye contact with family/lawyers. Just as he was giving evidence.

Dom Reynolds Verified account  ‏@domreynolds · 2m2 minutes ago
Sentencing will be either tomorrow or Friday #beckywatts

Jon Kay Verified account  ‏@jonkay01 · 45s45 seconds ago
Becky's dad tried to make eye-contact with Matthews (his step-son) as he was taken away to the cells. NM did not look at him.

Tom Parmenter Verified account  ‏@TomSkyNews · 45s46 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare are led away from the dock - Matthews head down clutching a plastic bag of belongings

Wow, So glad that they came back with the correct (imho) verdict, I'm in shock that it's over so quickly. I must admit that I stopped following the trial for a while as I was convinced SH would get away with it. #JusticeforBecky indeed!

Well, going with my hunch that NM and SH had decided leading up to that day that they were going to kill Becky in a wood, and stage it as a suicide, I am 100% certain that there was a kidnap plan. There is no other way they could get away with taking her away and her remaining alive. I do not believe that an argument over money or untidiness or attitude led to an unplanned killing. I think the purchase of the stun guns seals it.

As the plan was to kill, it didn't take much of a leap to have to do it when Becky fought back and they were thwarted in their efforts to get her in the car alive.

As regards a sexual motive, I am wavering. I do think they may have intended to have their fun with her before killing her, and I do think they have the required perversion of mind, to take enjoyment from controlling and dominating another.

If he got murder, and SH got manslaughter, I'm wondering if (like so many of us wondered) SH did the smothering to keep Becky quiet, whilst NM was strangling her?

I can't work out any other reason why he got murder but she got manslaughter, especially when both were found guilty of the conspiring to kidnap charge. Anyone?

Glad DD and JI were found not guilty and can start to RE-build their life's. This was a very very quick decision. As you are all saying the evidence must have been stacking and we haven't heard it all. Thank the Lord.

Absolutely, we heard just a fraction of it. Just shows that the bits we didn't hear were pretty damning. I am delighted, absolutely thrilled that THEY DID IT BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT!!!

Was it unanimous do we know??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member