UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I just googled it. Woking is on my way to work.
I live very close to the area and you are correct - Horsell isn’t really a ‘village’ in the traditional sense of the word as it is so close to Woking Town Centre (large commuter town in Surrey). You could probably walk from most parts of Horsell to Woking Town Centre in around 30 minutes.

In the 90s I lived in Goldsworth Park which is the next suburb out of town and I would definitely have said i lived in Woking.

It’s one of those “villages” that merged into the main town/suburban area about 50 years ago and is now basically just a district of housing with a few local amenities.

In the 90s I lived in Goldsworth Park which is the next suburb out of town and I would definitely have said i lived in Woking.

It’s one of those “villages” that merged into the main town/suburban area about 50 years ago and is now basically just a district of housing with a few local amenities.
I lived in Horsell as a child and always said I lived in Woking.

I am so sorry for this little girl. I keep thinking about this as it seems so unbelievable. One of the arguments against the long summer holidays in UK is that kids that should have eyes on them don't for 6 weeks.

Looking at the house I'm pretty sure it's number 6 on Hammond road Woking. This looks like about as good as council housing gets in UK and extremely desirable. It has parking, garden and looks really well maintained. It was hard to spot as Google maps street view has a huge hedge outside and old concrete drive and is dated only 10months ago. (I looked at doors/windows/neighbours patched brick wall at front/other side's plants etc.) The landscaping out front on the news pictures is very smart and recent. The house has a smart new driveway and wall. I wonder if these works were done in advance of them moving in(reported 6months ago). It seems generous on the council's part. Would the residents have even paid for this themselves?

The other thing about the house is that although it's very nice council housing there were still 8 people(6 children) living there. It's not a big house. The third bedroom judging plans from similar on the street is a single (approx.2x3m). A lot seem to have a downstairs bathroom in addition to the upstairs ones which alleviates some problems in bigger families. The ages of the older two will have helped them qualify for such a house as I think its over 10(?) Children of different genders are not expected to share. I still think given taxi drivers earning potential (article said he was at Woking station? Possible WFH and COVID implications). Dad is likely to have been working long hours to afford 6 kids as child benefit cap has hit larger families. Was stepmum working? If parents divorced in 2017 then new relationship that's apparently 4 kids in 5-6yrs. Where were they living before they moved/was it even more cramped? Is taxi dad's only job?

About the photos, one with the heavy make up she is wearing a commonly available ancient Egyptian costume. It can be a thing schools do for history day and junior schools do study the Egyptians. It also looks like the siblings joined in. This seems very wholesome and not what you do if your scrabbling around for money. The other photo with the green dress looks like makeup applied in a treat way as the dress is everyday wear. It was at the dad's judging by them Arabic picture frame behind her.

There was discussion of Islam and honour stuff and I really don't get that sense here. I believe he was described as attending mosque but not being that religious. The previous marriage suggests he wasnt at that point in his life very conservative. It's not hugely taboo for liberal Muslim men to marry Christian women (people of the book) provided they agree that kids be raised Muslim. JMO.

Ms Sharif, who now lives in Somerset, told The Sun she wanted her children to learn both her and Urfan's religions, and be Catholic and Muslim. She added: 'I didn't want to push the kids. I told them if they want to be Muslim they can be Muslim, but they can choose later in life.'

This statement has got me thinking that mabe Sara was getting to an age where she was expected to follow more
religious doctrines but then started rebelling against it?

JMO

People have been focusing on cultural issues here but imo I think it is more likely she suffered at the hands of a violent man - maybe not helped by the fact her mother wasn't around to look out for her.
There is no doubt she died at the hands of violent people (no proof yet of who actually killed her) and if it is indeed a cultural issue, that is totally no excuse.

The different theories I bound around with regards to cultural issues is just stuff I pick up on from interviews, as we wait for the truth.

JMO

I am so sorry for this little girl. I keep thinking about this as it seems so unbelievable. One of the arguments against the long summer holidays in UK is that kids that should have eyes on them don't for 6 weeks.

Looking at the house I'm pretty sure it's number 6 on Hammond road Woking. This looks like about as good as council housing gets in UK and extremely desirable. It has parking, garden and looks really well maintained. It was hard to spot as Google maps street view has a huge hedge outside and old concrete drive and is dated only 10months ago. (I looked at doors/windows/neighbours patched brick wall at front/other side's plants etc.) The landscaping out front on the news pictures is very smart and recent. The house has a smart new driveway and wall. I wonder if these works were done in advance of them moving in(reported 6months ago). It seems generous on the council's part. Would the residents have even paid for this themselves?

The other thing about the house is that although it's very nice council housing there were still 8 people(6 children) living there. It's not a big house. The third bedroom judging plans from similar on the street is a single (approx.2x3m). A lot seem to have a downstairs bathroom in addition to the upstairs ones which alleviates some problems in bigger families. The ages of the older two will have helped them qualify for such a house as I think its over 10(?) Children of different genders are not expected to share. I still think given taxi drivers earning potential (article said he was at Woking station? Possible WFH and COVID implications). Dad is likely to have been working long hours to afford 6 kids as child benefit cap has hit larger families. Was stepmum working? If parents divorced in 2017 then new relationship that's apparently 4 kids in 5-6yrs. Where were they living before they moved/was it even more cramped? Is taxi dad's only job?

About the photos, one with the heavy make up she is wearing a commonly available ancient Egyptian costume. It can be a thing schools do for history day and junior schools do study the Egyptians. It also looks like the siblings joined in. This seems very wholesome and not what you do if your scrabbling around for money. The other photo with the green dress looks like makeup applied in a treat way as the dress is everyday wear. It was at the dad's judging by them Arabic picture frame behind her.

There was discussion of Islam and honour stuff and I really don't get that sense here. I believe he was described as attending mosque but not being that religious. The previous marriage suggests he wasnt at that point in his life very conservative. It's not hugely taboo for liberal Muslim men to marry Christian women (people of the book) provided they agree that kids be raised Muslim. JMO.
I agree with you had the house in that area would have been one of the best council houses available. It does look newly refurbished ,with a new roof,windows and doors.
I think I read that a neighbour had said that the family had put in a new drive.
The accommodation does not seem big enough for 8 people,if one of the bedrooms is only a single. I am surprised they were allocated it. I thought for new tenants the council had rules about over crowding. If the parents had one double then it would mean 6 children,including a 13 year old boy and 10 year old girl shared a double and single between them. 8 people in the downstairs living rooms would also mean very little privacy for the older children and certainly could cause tempers to fray.

I agree about him not being very conservative during the time he married his first wife,but maybe he has changed since being with his new wife especially if she is a strict Muslim.

"Bio mother claimed she had only been allowed to see her children twice since she lost custody in 2019.

'I couldn't see my daughter for four years, and now she is dead. She's only a kid, she had done nothing wrong.'

She alleged that she used to be sent frequent photos of her children, but in 2021 - following an argument with Urfan's new partner claims she was cut off completely.

The grieving mother, who is set to see Sara's body after a post-mortem examination today - has not yet been told how her daughter's murder."

Utterly heart-breaking. That's an emotional wound that will never ever heal.

<modsnip - quoted post was not victim friendly>
Knowing DM they took photos from Facebook.

As for mother - good for her to give HER version of events.

Who knows why Social Services gave custody to father?

Maybe he earned more than her?

I woudn't blame Mum for this situation.
After all, Arthur LH and Logan M were also put with murderers.

JMO
Actually awarding sole residency is quite unusual in the UK; the courts are often at pains to have some form of shared residency, or at the very least enforce continued contact with both parents unless there is a substantive reason to prevent that.

Ms Sharif, who now lives in Somerset, told The Sun she wanted her children to learn both her and Urfan's religions, and be Catholic and Muslim. She added: 'I didn't want to push the kids. I told them if they want to be Muslim they can be Muslim, but they can choose later in life.'

This statement has got me thinking that mabe Sara was getting to an age where she was expected to follow more
religious doctrines but then started rebelling against it?

JMO
I think Sara was getting to the age when it is the norm to begin to rebel against a variety of things , from bedtimes, to having a mobile, what to wear etc.

She might have wanted to start seeing her mother again ,she might have wanted to go and see her own friends rather than baby sit the younger children.

In term time the family would have time away from each other,but in the holidays they would be all together and the recent weather would have meant they would have been less likely to play outside.

Last edited:
Actually awarding sole residency is quite unusual in the UK; the courts are often at pains to have some form of shared residency, or at the very least enforce continued contact with both parents unless there is a substantive reason to prevent that.
I agree with you that it is very unusual not to have any contact ,even if it is by way of supervised visits.

If the police do get to speak to the POIs in future they're going to have had a long time to get their story straight and get legal advice. I suppose the neighbours might be able to tell police they've heard one of the adults being aggressive to the girl. She might have said things to teachers or friends who've repeated it to their parents. They'll probably speak to the police. The reason Sara's mum was cut off could have been to do with her protesting at how Sara was being treated by one of them. All might be useful information for the police.
I just hope the perp doesn't evade justice.

If the police do get to speak to the POIs in future they're going to have had a long time to get their story straight and get legal advice. I suppose the neighbours might be able to tell police they've heard one of the adults being aggressive to the girl. She might have said things to teachers or friends who've repeated it to their parents. They'll probably speak to the police. The reason Sara's mum was cut off could have been to do with her protesting at how Sara was being treated by one of them. All might be useful information for the police.
I just hope the perp doesn't evade justice.
If Sara had mentioned anything to teachers it would have been dealt with as a safe guarding issue.

Whatever story is thought up,they cannot change the evidence of Sara being found dead at home and the cause of death.

I think there could be problems with extradition,depending on which country the people fled to. The U.K does not ,for example ,have a treaty with Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces