UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edited: so the dad called the police himself (am I reading that right?) as a concern for welfare, potentially knowing full well that they’d done?

JMO

From your link :(

In a statement, Surrey Police said: "The post-mortem did, however, reveal that Sara had suffered multiple and extensive injuries, which are likely to have been caused over a sustained and extended period of time."

It's the father's brother, see quote from BBC (bolding by me):

Det Supt Mark Chapman continues by adding that a 999 call was made by a man identifying himself as a father from Pakistan.

Sara's body was found inside the property on 10 August, he adds.

As a result, officers have identified three people they would like to speak to as part of the ongoing investigation into Sara’s death.

"These people have been identified as Sara’s father, Urfan Sharif, 41, his partner Beinash Batool, 29, and Urfan’s brother, Faisal Malik, 28."

Edited: so the dad called the police himself (am I reading that right?) as a concern for welfare, potentially knowing full well that they’d done?

JMO
Yes

‘It is now known that Urfan Sharif called 999 from Pakistan's capital, Islamabad, on 10 August, expressing a concern for his eldest daughter's safety - although exact details of the conversation are yet unknown.’

A bit too late then to be concerned about her welfare Urfan, isn’t it, you #@*

JMO
That's what it sounds like. The dad called from Pakistan.

And now we know who paid for the tickets:
"These were for three adults and five children - and paid for by his brother Malik at a cost of around £5,100, according to Nadeem Riaz, the travel agent that sold the tickets."

same link as in quoted post.

JMO
From the link:

"Sharif and Malik both have Pakistani passports, and it is understood that Batool and the five children have Pakistani NICOP cards - the National Identity Card for Oversees Pakistanis - which allows individuals to travel to Pakistan without visas."

From your link :(

In a statement, Surrey Police said: "The post-mortem did, however, reveal that Sara had suffered multiple and extensive injuries, which are likely to have been caused over a sustained and extended period of time."

Please, not another Gabriel Fernandez.

Oh Sara, I'm so sorry.

MOO

What I am really struggling to understand (apart from the very obvious point about a 10 year being killed in their own home), is why the family didn’t conceal or dispose of her body away from the house. It wouldn’t be impossible to effectively dispose of a child’s body, particularly one that nobody was looking for.

Sara wouldn’t be due back at school until the start of September and she wasn’t in regular contact with her mother, so her absence wouldn’t be immediately noticed. It’s not unheard of for entire families to leave the country over the summer and the children simply not turn up on the first day of term. The authorities would assume Sara had gone to Pakistan with the rest of the family and nobody would be looking for them.

Even if there hadn’t been a welfare check, as her body was in the house it would have been found eventually even if it took until the council repossessed the house because of unpaid rent. Whichever way, police would start an investigation and be looking for the family.

So why didn’t the family try to dispose of the body outside of the house? Or did they try to dispose of it within the house but something went wrong, their plan failed and they panicked and left for their flight. This could also explain why it is taking so long to understand the cause of death.

In terms of who made the welfare call, it doesn’t look like it’s easy to call the UK emergency line from Pakistan. Interestingly, I could find a number you can dial from the US that puts you through to the emergency services in the UK, but nothing similar for Pakistan. They could have phoned the police station directly, but this feels like something an adult would have done rather than a child. Looking up the number and making an international call wouldn’t be easy for one of the children.

I also noted that none of the neighbours reference the older brother, instead referring to lots of young children. Quotes may be edited by the media of course, or taken out of context, but it did strike me as odd.

All my own opinion and speculation.

Yes

‘It is now known that Urfan Sharif called 999 from Pakistan's capital, Islamabad, on 10 August, expressing a concern for his eldest daughter's safety - although exact details of the conversation are yet unknown.’

A bit too late then to be concerned about her welfare Urfan, isn’t it, you #@*
I am now wondering if she was left alive and her father only sought medical help after he had escaped to Pakistan.

I wonder what on earth he said in that phone call. Did he explain that they had left a 10-year-old alone? did he keep the details very high-level? Did he say he was the father for example, as she was injured, I want to what he said the reason for the welfare concern was.

Sara "suffered multiple and extensive injuries" which they said are "likely to have been caused over a sustained and extended period of time".

I'm so sorry Sara, you were harmed by those you should be able to trust the most.

I also agree with @Missmargo, why leave her there in the house? My only awful thought is, what if she wasn't dead when they left her? MOO

Sara Sharif murder inquiry: Father of girl, 10, sought over her death​

[…]

The 10-year-old has now been formally identified.

[…]

BBC News understands that Urfan Sharif rang the emergency services in the UK shortly after landing in Islamabad with his partner, his brother and five children.

Det Supt Mark Chapman, from Surrey Police and Sussex Police Major Crime Team, said the five children were aged between one and 13.

He added: "We are working with the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service), Interpol, the National Crime Agency, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office to progress our inquiries with the Pakistan authorities."

BBC News has spoken to a travel agent in Woking who said he was contacted by Sara Sharif's father, Urfan Sharif, at about 22:00 BST on Tuesday 8 August who said he wanted to book tickets to Pakistan as soon as possible.

"After that I ask him what is the reason, why you booking as soon as possible, so he said my cousin has died so that why we going Pakistan," Nadeem Riaz told BBC News.

The travel agent said Urfan Sharif booked eight one-way tickets for himself, his brother, his wife and five children.

The flights booked were from the UK on Wednesday 9 August, via Bahrain, and arriving in Islamabad at 05:35 local time on Thursday 10 August.

Mr Riaz confirmed the tickets were used.

Surrey County Council leader Tim Oliver said a "rapid review" would be carried out to determine whether a local child safeguarding practice review should be held, which would bring together police, social care and education to review the practice of the agencies involved in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz