UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara Sharif murder inquiry: Father of girl, 10, sought over her death​

[…]

The 10-year-old has now been formally identified.

[…]

BBC News understands that Urfan Sharif rang the emergency services in the UK shortly after landing in Islamabad with his partner, his brother and five children.

Det Supt Mark Chapman, from Surrey Police and Sussex Police Major Crime Team, said the five children were aged between one and 13.

He added: "We are working with the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service), Interpol, the National Crime Agency, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office to progress our inquiries with the Pakistan authorities."

BBC News has spoken to a travel agent in Woking who said he was contacted by Sara Sharif's father, Urfan Sharif, at about 22:00 BST on Tuesday 8 August who said he wanted to book tickets to Pakistan as soon as possible.

"After that I ask him what is the reason, why you booking as soon as possible, so he said my cousin has died so that why we going Pakistan," Nadeem Riaz told BBC News.

The travel agent said Urfan Sharif booked eight one-way tickets for himself, his brother, his wife and five children.

The flights booked were from the UK on Wednesday 9 August, via Bahrain, and arriving in Islamabad at 05:35 local time on Thursday 10 August.

Mr Riaz confirmed the tickets were used.

Surrey County Council leader Tim Oliver said a "rapid review" would be carried out to determine whether a local child safeguarding practice review should be held, which would bring together police, social care and education to review the practice of the agencies involved in the case.

So seems like agencies were possibly involved, including even school being aware. I hope she wasn’t failed by every adult in her life.

[…]

The flights booked were from the UK on Wednesday 9 August, via Bahrain, and arriving in Islamabad at 05:35 local time on Thursday 10 August.

Mr Riaz confirmed the tickets were used.

05.35am local time is 9.35am UK time - so he could not have made that call to the police from Islamabad.

05.35am local time is 9.35am UK time - so he could not have made that call to the police.

Its the other way round - Islamabad is 4 hours ahead of UK

so 5.35am landing in Islamabad is 1.35am UK time -
clear customs and get to a hotel or accommodation
make the call at 6.50am local - which would be 2.50am in the UK

I would expect that CAFCASS were involved in the custody case as a minimum. As others have said, it’s very unusual for a custody case to result in full custody with the father and what seems like no court ordered contact with the mother But it sounds as if they should have been protecting her from her father.

If I am understanding the latest report correctly, the father must have made the welfare call from Bahrain, suggesting he made it at the earliest opportunity he had which didn’t jeopardise his exit from the UK. It is totally contradictory to care enough to make the call quickly, but still be callous enough to leave your daughter behind in whatever awful state she was
left.

Edited by me: thanks to @Alyce for pointing out that these are local times to the destination, not UK time. Still though, he phoned pretty quickly upon arrival. Why do that when you don’t care enough not to leave her in the first place?

Its the other way round - Islamabad is 4 hours ahead of UK

so 5.35am landing in Islamabad is 1.35am UK time -
clear customs and get to a hotel or accommodation
make the call at 6.50am local - which would be 2.50am in the UK
they're ahead of us, not behind? e.g. now it is 19.22 here and 23.22 there

Since the dad called, would he be trying to say it wasn't him but maybe the brother that ended Sara’s life? Fleeing as well cause obviously at the end the father will be held accountable…

Yes

‘It is now known that Urfan Sharif called 999 from Pakistan's capital, Islamabad, on 10 August, expressing a concern for his eldest daughter's safety - although exact details of the conversation are yet unknown.’

A bit too late then to be concerned about her welfare Urfan, isn’t it, you #@*

My heart hurts.

Who will be the primary abuser? I have my suspicions. And now we (probably) know why contact/photo exchanges with the mother ended. :(

Was this a situation of which the father was unaware, until?

Then made a disgusting decision to save thineself, choose his partner over his child? Mortally wounded, chronically wounded. Poor beautiful child.

Was the call akin to dropping an overdosed party goer at a hospital entrance?

Get his family to "safety" then call it in so someone could try to save her? Atrocious whatever happened here.... disgusting.

Leave an abused child behind and flee. Shades of Noah.

Step-parents IMO have an extra duty of care -- to nurture and protect pre-existing children. I've always felt that 'step parent' should be reserved for cases where there is an actual missing parent, as in a widower, remarriage. The new wife becomes step mother, stepping in. And general remarriage should have a different title/label. Bonus parent... Regardless this sweet child had a right to live in her father's home, a right to life, a right to safety and a right to grow into adulthood. Whoever interfered with that needs to be held to account.

My heart is torn for her and for her loving mommy, surely devastated and hearts Ick.

When our children must be in the care of others, we ought to be able to trust they are safe.

You break a child, the world fractures further...

Jmo

My heart hurts.

Who will be the primary abuser? I have my suspicions. And now we (probably) know why contact/photo exchanges with the mother ended. :(

Was this a situation of which the father was unaware, until?

Then made a disgusting decision to save thineself, choose his partner over his child? Mortally wounded, chronically wounded. Poor beautiful child.

Was the call akin to dropping an overdosed party goer at a hospital entrance?

Get his family to "safety" then call it in so someone could try to save her? Atrocious whatever happened here....

Leave an abused child behind and flee. Shades of Noah.

Step-parents IMO have an extra duty of care -- to nurture and protect pre-existing children. I've always felt that step parent should be reserved for cases where there is an actual missing parent, as I'm a widower, remarriage. The new wife becomes step mother, stepping in. And general remarriage should have a different title/label. Bonus parent... Regardless this sweet child had a right to live in her father's home, a right to life, a right to safety and a right to grow into adulthood. Whoever interfered with that needs to be held to account.

My heart is torn for her and for her loving mommy, surely devastated and hearts Ick.

When our children must be in the care of others, we ought to be able to trust they are safe.

You break a child, the world fractures further...

Jmo
It may have been a group beating?

Police name father as one of three sought over death of Sara Sharif​

Surrey police seeking Urfan Sharif, his partner and brother, all of whom are thought to be in Pakistan

[...]

Chapman, from the Surrey police and Sussex police major crime team, said: “While the postmortem has not provided us with an established cause of death at this time, the fact that we now know that Sara had suffered multiple and extensive injuries over a sustained and extended period has significantly changed the nature of our investigation, and we have widened the timescale of the focus of our inquiry.

“As a result, we are trying to piece together a picture of Sara’s lifestyle but we cannot do this without the public’s help.

“That is why we are appealing for anyone who knew Sara, had any form of contact with her, or has any other information about her, no matter how insignificant it might seem, to come forward as soon as possible.”

He added: “On behalf of Surrey police, I would like to express my heartfelt condolences following Sara’s tragic death.

“Our thoughts are with her mother at this difficult time. We also fully appreciate the impact this devastating incident will have had within the local community.”

[...]

Officers are not looking to identify anyone else in connection with the investigation, the force said.

1692384908113.png
Urfan Sharif and Beinash Batool. The pair are being sought by detectives along with Urfan Sharif’s brother, Faisal Malik. Photograph: Surrey police/PA

<modsnip: not victim friendly>
I suspect Sara was critically ill but alive when they left the UK and the 999 call was her father's way of easing his own guilt.
I suspect this will be case we never get answers too. If the Pakistan LE find them and they do negotiate a return to the UK that they'll of had time to work out a story with each other

Last edited by a moderator:

Police name father as one of three sought over death of Sara Sharif​

Surrey police seeking Urfan Sharif, his partner and brother, all of whom are thought to be in Pakistan

[...]

Chapman, from the Surrey police and Sussex police major crime team, said: “While the postmortem has not provided us with an established cause of death at this time, the fact that we now know that Sara had suffered multiple and extensive injuries over a sustained and extended period has significantly changed the nature of our investigation, and we have widened the timescale of the focus of our inquiry.

“As a result, we are trying to piece together a picture of Sara’s lifestyle but we cannot do this without the public’s help.

“That is why we are appealing for anyone who knew Sara, had any form of contact with her, or has any other information about her, no matter how insignificant it might seem, to come forward as soon as possible.”

He added: “On behalf of Surrey police, I would like to express my heartfelt condolences following Sara’s tragic death.

“Our thoughts are with her mother at this difficult time. We also fully appreciate the impact this devastating incident will have had within the local community.”

[...]

Officers are not looking to identify anyone else in connection with the investigation, the force said.

View attachment 441724
Urfan Sharif and Beinash Batool. The pair are being sought by detectives along with Urfan Sharif’s brother, Faisal Malik. Photograph: Surrey police/PA

RBBM

This makes me wonder if she hasn't been seen for months by people outside the home. If she'd been attending school right up to date, then you would think they'd have a lot of information from mandatory reporters.

MOO

RBBM

This makes me wonder if she hasn't been seen for months by people outside the home. If she'd been attending school right up to date, then you would think they'd have a lot of information from mandatory reporters.

MOO
It does seem to indicate that she had not been seen for a while.

It was reported the other day she attended a local school , but she might not have been there for some time. It could be she left her school at the end of term in March when they moved to Horsell and perhaps was due to start a new one in September so has not been to school in the summer term April to July.

I think Sara was left dead as the result of escalated abuse. They took it too far and then they couldn’t ask for help because it would have been obvious that she had suffered in their hands. In my opinion, she died on 8 Aug or soon before.

The call to the travel agent and arrangement for the flights is urgent and panicky. IMO them fleeing is an immediate follow-up to her death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1