UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might also have been an unfortunate accident.
But, fearing of being accused of negligence and kids taken away, they panicked.
Fled but called the authorities.

Just another theory.

I would have thought that multiple injuries would paint a story quite quickly. Unless there are historic injuries too.

Or, its really not at all obvious from their usual round 1 of tests which would normally tell them.
It could be that it there were multiple injuries they do know which one caused death,it might be a ruptured organ or blow to the head ,for example.

I have not known of any primary school having a skeleton staff working during the holiday with regard to safeguarding. Teachers often come into school voluntarily to prepare their classroom for the new term ,or do paperwork,school admin are sometimes in. Obviously if an emergency phone call/ email came in it would be dealt with and referred to the correct authorities.

The phone call to the police was in the early hours of the morning so not a time anyone from school would be ringing.
School SLT and DSL definitely work during the holidays, as well as admin/secretarial staff, and a lot of it is from home. Like I said it's unlikely but not impossible.

I am wondering if the children were homeschooled though, as her school hasn't come forward yet with a statement in the same way the dad's mosque has. (But that might be because of the other children)

I do not think the family with 5 other children would be able to stay in the house with a decomposing body. The smell would be unbearable. The neighbours would also be able to smell it as they lived in a semi detached house.
They didn't stay. They left. And decomposition is a process, beginning at the moment of death. A body placed in a fridge or freezer at or around time of death won't stink out a house beyond inhabitation within hours, or even a few days.

MOO

They didn't stay. They left. And decomposition is a process, beginning at the moment of death. A body placed in a fridge or freezer at or around time of death won't stink out a house beyond inhabitation within hours, or even a few days.

MOO
Could it be a smell then that possibly triggered the call to the police by a neighbour? Speculating.

MOO
I was referring to your comment:
.if she died some time before she was discovered, all this could mean that it's more challenging for the forensic pathologist.

We do not know how long she died before the family left,but If she had only been dead for around 24 to 48 hours decomposition would not be too far advanced in the temperatures in Horsell at the time.

If she was placed in a fridge or freezer it would slow decomposition.

I admit my knowledge of decomposition is limited and most of what I have learnt is from cases on here!

Could it be a smell then that possibly triggered the call to the police by a neighbour? Speculating.
I believe it's not uncommon for 'welfare checks' to be triggered by neighbours detecting an odour or insect activity, or other signs like mail piling up, milk bottles not collected (from the days we had milk delivery), etc. What confuses me about that, though, is the time of the call, if it really was around 3am. Who is awake and snooping on their neighbours (however benevolently) at that hour?

MOO

Depending which exact flight they took, there are flights landing at 6am-ish India time which equates to about 3am-ish UK time (after allowing for time to clear security) ….which means they landed and phoned LE to initiate the ‘welfare check’ themselves at 250 BST.
Or they told someone in the UK they were ‘safe’ and initiated the welfare check.

Either way, I believe they ( the Dad?) initiated that call, not neighbours. Moo.

I believe it's not uncommon for 'welfare checks' to be triggered by neighbours detecting an odour or insect activity, or other signs like mail piling up, milk bottles not collected (from the days we had milk delivery), etc. What confuses me about that, though, is the time of the call, if it really was around 3am. Who is awake and snooping on their neighbours (however benevolently) at that hour?

MOO
Could have coincided with noises from them packing and getting ready to go to the airport, and possibly shouting?

Could have coincided with noises from them packing and getting ready to go to the airport, and possibly shouting?
From all the neighbours comments given in various links on this thread including the next door neighbours ,the first they knew anything was wrong was when the road was full of emergency vehicles.

Does anyone know the reason that the police might not release names of the three people they believe to have fled to Pakistan?
I'm thinking they probably don't need to. In other words it wouldn't help progress the investigation here at this stage. Officials in Pakistan will know and will be who they are liaising with to locate them IMO.

Depending which exact flight they took, there are flights landing at 6am-ish India time which equates to about 3am-ish UK time (after allowing for time to clear security) ….which means they landed and phoned LE to initiate the ‘welfare check’ themselves at 250 BST.
Or they told someone in the UK they were ‘safe’ and initiated the welfare check.

Either way, I believe they ( the Dad?) initiated that call, not neighbours. Moo.
With regards to the welfare check, my understanding was that the police attended the property at 0250 BST, not that the call was made at that time. Admittedly, the Surrey Police Facebook page updates state:
"[...] officers were called to an address in Hammond Road at around 2.50am [...]"
I'm not sure if there's anywhere that confirms one way or the other.

In terms of who called in the check, could this have been done by the travel agent? IF they knew the family and took note that no ticket was booked for Sara (if that was the case), combined with the urgency of travel, they may have had concerns.

JMO

Actually a neighbour said he was up at that time.

Neighbour Amjad Ali, 47, told MailOnline he 'couldn't believe' that 'something like this happened outside my house.'

He added that the family moved in about five months ago and that everyone in the area is 'shocked' by the girl's death.

Mr Ali said: 'The first I knew of anything was around 3.30 this morning.

'My son looked out the window as I had taken my wife on holiday and were still up and he said the road was full of police.
I apologize, up at 3:30 yes due to the massive police presence but as far as we know not up in the 2am window that the call was made.

I’m extremely perplexed by the fact that there will be more tests needed to determine COD. Perhaps multiple blows/injuries and cut/stab wounds and/or strangulation and they have to narrow it down to which was the fatal cause…?
Or maybe first reaction is child dead for 2-3days, family left country,..must be homicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en