UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think her Muslim family would encourage or indulge Sara's ambition to become a model or applying filters to photos.

The Sun who interviewed Sara's mother who appears to have supplied the pictures ,rather than the press taking them from a social media site, could have been shown a selection of photos provided and chose the ones which would cause the most controversy.
I don't mean to imply that I think Sara was indulged in any way, but I do think that the 'family' (not Sara) may have provided the mother with this staged? filtered photo? knowing that the mother was happy with her daughter's ambitions (and her apparent freedom to be ambitious)? and mum would like the photo and not ask awkward questions.

I don't mean to imply that I think Sara was indulged in any way, but I do think that the 'family' (not Sara) may have provided the mother with this staged? filtered photo? knowing that the mother was happy with her daughter's ambitions (and her apparent freedom to be ambitious)? and mum would like the photo and not ask awkward questions.
Probably the most important thing about the photo is her own mother liked it and was happy for it to be printed in a national paper.

I thought that at first,but after seeing that it was her mother who provided the photo and appeared to be very proud of how pretty Sara was ,she was pictured holding up a framed picture of the same photo ,I think that she,the mother, applied the make up and took the photo and maybe that was her idea of making her child look beautiful. The style is not unlike the make up young pageant queens wear for competitors.
Bolding mine.
I didn't know her mother provided the photo; I thought the media had chosen it ?

But if the mom thought Sara could be in a pageant she must have been very proud of her ?
This is so sad for her, if the dad and his girlfriend, Beevis, didn't want Sara, her mom would have taken her back !
:(
Omo.

Bolding mine.
I didn't know her mother provided the photo; I thought the media had chosen it ?

But if the mom thought Sara could be in a pageant she must have been very proud of her ?
This is so sad for her, if the dad and his girlfriend, Beevis, didn't want Sara, her mom would have taken her back !
:(
Omo.
I could be wrong, but the Sun paper is interviewed Olga and printed the photo for which they have the copyright so I presumed!Olga had sold them the rights to publish it. There are pictures of Olga sitting holding a framed picture of the same photograph. If not from Olga where else would the paper have got it from?
In her interview Olga spoke about how pretty Sara was and how proud she was of her.

I could be wrong, but the Sun paper is interviewed Olga and printed the photo for which they have the copyright so I presumed!Olga had sold them the rights to publish it. There are pictures of Olga sitting holding a framed picture of the same photograph. If not from Olga where else would the paper have got it from?
In her interview Olga spoke about how pretty Sara was and how proud she was of her.
Ok, thanks for clarifying !

A 10-year-old girl who was found dead in Surrey was known to the authorities, the county council has confirmed.

Council leader Tim Oliver said the National Child Safeguarding Panel had been notified and a multi-agency review was under way.
"This Rapid Review will determine whether a Local Child Safeguarding Practice Review is to be undertaken by the Surrey Safeguarding Children Partnership," Mr Oliver said.

He explained: "A Local Child Safeguarding Practice Review is a statutory process, bringing together partners including the police, health, social care and education to review practice of all agencies involved, organisational structures and learning."

I thought that at first,but after seeing that it was her mother who provided the photo and appeared to be very proud of how pretty Sara was ,she was pictured holding up a framed picture of the same photo ,I think that she,the mother, applied the make up and took the photo and maybe that was her idea of making her child look beautiful. The style is not unlike the make up young pageant queens wear for competitors.
BBM - I've seen this said a few times, about a framed photo. But Sara's mother is holding up an iPad with the photo on the screen in the only picture I've seen, which could belong to either her or the reporter. Is there another picture or am I mis-seeing things?

I think the mother provided the photo to the media but she herself received it originally. From the father. MOO. When photos were still being shared. Proof of life, Proof of health. Filters and makeup might've been applied to cover bruises and pallor. All in a bid to lead the mom to a sense of security -- she looks happy and healthy.

Looks can be deceiving.

Her poor broken. I suppose they couldn't hide the damage any longer so they fled.

Horrid.

Jmo

There are people in this world that don't deserve children.
Heartless, soulless, bitter, merciless.

They will never rejoice in joyful childish laughter and chatter.

They will die alone.

Nobody will hand them even a cup of tea in their old age.

Monsters!

A 10-year-old girl who was found dead in Surrey was known to the authorities, the county council has confirmed.

Council leader Tim Oliver said the National Child Safeguarding Panel had been notified and a multi-agency review was under way.
"This Rapid Review will determine whether a Local Child Safeguarding Practice Review is to be undertaken by the Surrey Safeguarding Children Partnership," Mr Oliver said.

He explained: "A Local Child Safeguarding Practice Review is a statutory process, bringing together partners including the police, health, social care and education to review practice of all agencies involved, organisational structures and learning."

Lessons will be learned , clearly not yet again

There is a picture of a bouquet ,with the message saying they would miss Sara's lovely smile,so even through the abuse she suffered she put on a brave face. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Speaking to Express.co.uk yesterday, Jonathan Lord, the Tory MP for Woking, told Express.co.uk: "I am in close contact with Foreign Office ministers and I know that the Foreign Office is doing every thing they can to ensure that people relevant to this case are returned swiftly to the UK.

I would hope there are no problems with extraditing anybody despite the lack of an official treaty. Hopefully this will be a formality in this case.

"I suspect international interest in the story will encourage Pakistan to cooperate."

Last edited:
“We are working tirelessly with our safeguarding partners to gain a full understanding of the situation as quickly as possible,” said council leader Tim Oliver in a statement.

“This is an incredibly sad situation, and our thoughts and deepest condolences are with everyone affected.”

In a further statement on Sunday, a spokesperson confirmed the girl was “known to” the council. They added that it could not comment further during the review process.

The rapid review will determine whether a local child safeguarding practice review should take place.

I'm not sure why there's so much skepticism about the photo. It's a beautiful photo and doesn't look at all like a pageant queen, IMO. Pageant photos tend to be more over the top, with teased hair, false lashes, red lipstick, etc.

This photo looks like a little girl who got to wear makeup, maybe due to a special occasion like a dance recital, a play, or maybe just being in a wedding earlier in the day. I doubt it was daily wear and I don't think it means anything nefarious. If we find out more details, I may change that opinion, but a picture of a little girl in makeup isn't at all suspicious to me.

JMO.

Moo..they are in a council house, so the whole family will be known to council committee. I am not for certain sure if they are saying Sara was of concern....moo

Moo..they are in a council house, so the whole family will be known to council committee. I am not for certain sure if they are saying Sara was of concern....moo
BBM
What do you mean family known to council committee?

Not in the way this message is worded. It might be they were moved to the house in Horsell because of difficulties at their old address. They would not be reported as known to the Council just because they lived in a council house.It was because there were problems .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1