GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Life sentence* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM/BBM

Describing himself as a liability seems extreme and is curiously at odds with the hyper-confident, even narcissistic, behaviour, isn't it? I feel I really can't get a handle on him psychologically, even now, with so much more information.

It sounds to me, as though he's trying to turn the tables on the MET to make them responsible for his behavior, before and after SE.

moo

SBM/BBM

Describing himself as a liability seems extreme and is curiously at odds with the hyper-confident, even narcissistic, behaviour, isn't it? I feel I really can't get a handle on him psychologically, even now, with so much more information.

Personally I don't think he expected the case to get the level of attention that it did and that he couldn't cope and what's in the message is just him giving another reason.

It also potentially lays a bit of groundwork that if he gets caught, to try to play the mental health card.

I wonder if he took his children to the woods as an explanation for that exact soil and vegetation to be on his footwear, clothes, vehicle etc

I wonder whether he took them there so he could play the 'hero' to his children if she were discovered.
JMO

RSBM
Ryan Rose was visiting Hoads Wood with friends on that day, and saw Couzens walking away from his car.
The killer told Mr Rose that he was down there with his wife and children, cleaning up a plot that had broken glass on it.

And used his family as cover, so he could do whatever he needed to on that day, without it seeming suspicious

SBM/BBM

Would have thought flashing your willy at members of the public might be a bit of an issue for letting this guy carry a gun-apparently his bosses didn't think so!

The killer was up early on Mar 8 - the day he was schedueld back at work for a first aid refresher.

He went to a petrol station, a McDonald's drive-thru in Folkestone and then a Homebase to collect a flat-packed garden trolley from the “Click & Collect” desk.

At 10:10am he gave the Seat an exterior clean in an automatic car wash in Folkestone before driving around various parts of Kent.

He was sent a message asking if he was coming in, but he did not reply immediately.

At 4pm the defendant told his colleague by text that he was sick and "send my apologies to the instructor, the system obviously hasn’t updated".

But the defendant was in fact about to drive to London in the Seat to return items to his police locker that he had used and had with him when he kidnapped Sarah Everard.

He pulled up at the Lillie Road base in the Seat after paying the £12.50 congestion charge.

Couzens entered his police base on foot via the rear gate, which was unusual as pedestrians would normally use the front entrance.

He was carrying a rucksack over his shoulder which clearly contained items, the court heard.

His entry to the rear entrance of the base was logged at 6:52pm. At about 7:05pm the defendant approached the base Sergeant at Lillie Road and told him he wanted to hand in his “blue card” - his firearms authorisation card.

There was no requirement for him to have attended the base in order to do this and PS Davies’ remote suspension of his armoury pass would have stopped him drawing a firearm in any event.

Mr Little, prosecuting, said: "At 7:10pm PS Davies was notified that the defendant had let himself in using his warrant card and had handed in his blue authorised firearms officer card.

"Concerned that he should be in a firearms base at all, PS Davies made immediate enquiries but was told the defendant had already left.

"The defendant’s arrival and departure from Lillie Road were captured on CCTV. Approximately 11 minutes of his time there is unaccounted for.

"He was last seen heading in the direction of the part of the base where the changing rooms and his locker was located."

Couzens then travelled home to Deal via Central London and the A2.

The following day, on Mar 9, Couzens was back at Homebase in Folkestone, carrying a white box.

He returned the flat-pack trolley collected the day before as the base was missing and he collected a replacement.

The transaction took about 10 minutes and the member of staff who dealt with it thought there was nothing untoward about the defendant’s demeanour during their interaction.

The defendant then left the shop and returned home to Deal, where he seems to have remained for the rest of the day.

The returned trolley was put into a waste-disposal skip at Homebase. It has since been recovered by the police.

It has been forensically examined, but there are no significant findings – it is not known whether the purchase of this item was connected with any future plans of the defendant to further dispose of or conceal Sarah Everard’s remains.

The key breakthrough for police was the hire car. By now, the news of Sarah Everard's disappearance was already seismic.

CCTV from the Route 157 bus was received by the police investigating Sarah Everard’s disappearance.

And immediate analysis of that CCTV and ANPR records led the police to identify the Vauxhall Crossland as the vehicle of interest seen on Poynders Road parked next to two figures, one of which matched the description of Sarah Everard.

This led them to make enquiries at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and to identify the defendant through the details held there. Research relating to the telephone number he had supplied to Enterprise quickly identified that he was a serving Metropolitan Police officer.

Officers first attended 89 Freemens Way, Deal at approximately 5:45pm but they did not approach or enter the address.

At 7.11pm on Tuesday, Mar 9, the defendant’s Galaxy Note 10+ 5 G mobile telephone handset was re-set to factory conditions by the defendant and set-up with an email address simpsonbanditsfo@gmail.com.

This is not something that he had ever done before on that device and it was therefore unusual.

At 7.45pm, two police officers - DI Harvey and DS Kerr - knocked on the front door of the Couzens family home.

They identified themselves as police officers and took the defendant by both arms and walked him into the living room, followed by Pc Sales, whose bodyworn camera was activated throughout.

Couzens offered no resistance. He was handcuffed, arrested by PC Sales on suspicion of the kidnap of Sarah Everard and cautioned.

He was searched and his mobile telephone was seized from the pocket of his shorts, along with a Homebase receipt for the exchange of the garden mesh cart

An extensive search of 89 Freemens Way began. Whilst other officers spoke to Couzens' wife and took care of the children - who were also present in the house - between 7:51pm and 8:30pm, DI Harvey and DS Kerr conducted an urgent interview in order to try and ascertain the whereabouts of Sarah Everard.

Couzens was shown a photograph of Sarah Everard and asked if he knew her.

At first, he said he did not know her, had not personally met her and only knew of her disappearance from what he had seen on the news.

He said: "No, why would I have personal interactions with her?"

Sarah Everard murder: Wayne Couzens 'may have used Covid rules to arrest and kidnap victim'

I think he just got a thrill from taking his family there. This guy is twisted beyond belief.

The Green River Killer took his kid with him once when he picked up a prostitute, took her into the woods & murdered her-left his son in the car & told her she had decided to walk home, he claimed he also left his son in the car while he returned to the scene of one of his murders to have sex with the corpse. He often used a picture of his son to help lure women into his vehicle-another family man like this clown.

Yes, I like that. As if he's saying, 'If anything bad happens, it's on you.'

Or it could be that he just didn't want to be armed. There's not enough detail to say that he thought he may pose a danger (even though we're thinking that) we may be wrong.
He may have just wanted to be an unarmed Officer - Wasn't it mentioned previously that he wanted a transfer?

This led them to make enquiries at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and to identify the defendant through the details held there. Research relating to the telephone number he had supplied to Enterprise quickly identified that he was a serving Metropolitan Police officer.

Sarah Everard murder: Wayne Couzens 'may have used Covid rules to arrest and kidnap victim'

BBM

Can you even imagine what that moment must have been like. Whoever first discovered that piece of information must have thought their heart had stopped. And then all hell must have broken loose.

Thank God he was stupid enough to use his own phone number.

By the afternoon, the Seat was seen heading to Fridd Lane. Peter Spiller left an area of land that he owns due west of Hoads Wood at about 12:45pm.

As he was driving along Fridd Lane towards Hothfield, just before the railway bridge, he caught a glimpse of a large orange and yellow flame in Hoads Wood.

It was approximately 25m away from the road and about 10-15 metres from the main track.

He described a strong, intense flame, which was not particularly high (about 3-foot square), which did not have the appearance of a typical woodland fire.

A distinctive white object, about 1m x 1m, the size of a small white goods appliance, was either just behind or next to the fire.

Mr Little said: "This is consistent with the location where the defendant burnt Sarah Everard’s body, clothing and possessions using the petrol he had purchased earlier that day."

In between burning his victim's body and going to B&Q to buy bags, Couzens phoned Lakeview Vets to make an appointment for the family dog - Maggie the French bulldog - explaining they wanted to consult the vet about possible medication for separation anxiety.

The call lasted 3 minutes and an appointment was made for Friday, Mar 12 at 4pm.

At 1.43pm, Couzens is seen on CCTV buying two 220l 'Clearaway' builders' bags for £9.94 at the Honeywood Park Industrial Estate B&Q.

He drove away in the Seat returning to Hoads Wood at about 2.50pm where he was to remain until 3.40pm.

Mr Little, prosecuting, said: "Whilst in the wood he must have moved Sarah Everard’s heavily burnt body from where he had set fire to it, to the pond where she was subsequently found.

"He did so using the two bags that he had just purchased from B&Q."

On Saturday, Mar 6, shortly after 9pm, he made a number of purchases from Amazon to be delivered the following day, in preparation for a family trip to Hoads Wood with a trailer.

He bought a blue tarpaulin sheet and a bungee cargo net.

Mr Little, prosecuting, told the Old Bailey: "He took his family to the very place where he left body, burnt it and moved it... allowing his children to play in relative close proximity to where Ssarah Everard's body was dumped in the pond.

They made the trip the following day on Mar 7.

Ryan Rose was visiting Hoads Wood with friends on that day, and saw Couzens walking away from his car.

The killer told Mr Rose that he was down there with his wife and children, cleaning up a plot that had broken glass on it.

Mr Little told the Old Bailey: "This may explain why the family had acquired a trailer for the trip. The defendant was carrying a Tesco bag, and seemed anxious to be getting on with what he was doing."

A PS Davies at Metropolitan Police received Couzens’ email sent the night before.

It stated that he was struggling due to the complications surrounding his pay rise was causing him problems.

He didn't feel he wanted to carry a gun.

At 2.38pm on Mar 7, PS Davies sent him a text message informing him that he had received his sickness notification, that he was busy on Monday and Tuesday, but that he would ring Couzens later in the week.

The killer acknowledged receipt of that text at 7.36pm with a text message which read "thanks sgt".

Later that night he went to Homebase and bought a Gardener Mesh Cart for £49.

I had to google as I wasn't sure what was meant by a Gardener Mesh Cart, so something like this:

Gardener Mesh Cart

Just taking the opportunity during this break in updates to say that I'm so glad that WC is off the streets and that he won't be able to intimidate or hurt anyone ever again. His power has finally been taken away since events unfolded in March and he's been exposed as the pitiful excuse for a human that he is.

Blessings, strength and love to Sarah's family - and to WC's too.

Broadmoor for life.

If the alternative is a more lenient sentence and then be treated as a vulnerable prisoner .
I'm not an expert but , sex crime and being an ex cop I don't see him going in like everybody else .

how did he ever think he was ever going to get away with doing this? interesting about the new information of witness and sightings he was prepared to do this all in plain sight is really sickening

how did he ever think he was ever going to get away with doing this? interesting about the new information of witness and sightings he was prepared to do this all in plain sight is really sickening

I really don't know. As soon as the link between her and that car was made, he was done. You'd have thought he'd rapidly have wanted to get her onto one of the side streets to limit the amount of dash cams etc the vehicle would be picked up on by the side of the main road.

Broadmoor for life.

If the alternative is a more lenient sentence and then be treated as a vulnerable prisoner .
I'm not an expert but , sex crime and being an ex cop I don't see him going in like everybody else .

I really doubt any judge will give any lenience toward this case, and will punish even stronger for being a cop and abusing his power. Hope he gets the roughest prison and the longest sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay