Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to hear from others sleuthers about what set of circumstances might match with what has been reported about EC.

According to the timeline:

+ EC was arrested alongside her husband on 9 March on suspicion of assisting an offender
+ There is no evidence to suggest any contact between EC and police prior to her arrest
+ She has been released on bail but must return in April

UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham, 3rd Mar 2021 - TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

I am curious what sort of ‘assisting an offender’ is possible in this situation. My own speculation:

+ I don’t believe she provided a false alibi as she was arrested before any questioning could have taken place
+ I don’t believe she was present for any parts of the crime or she would perhaps have been arrested for a more serious offense

This leaves smaller possible areas of ‘help’ that would have been less obviously criminal. Possibly:
+ Driving the defendant to / from car hire place?
+ Washing clothes that may have evidence?
+ Lying to police about the defendants health, unrelated to the SE case (I am thinking maybe something in relation to the reported call-in for ‘stress’ that WC reportedly made to his superior)
+ ????

None of these ideas fit well since Police would have needed to identify EC’s actions before any interviewing. What am I missing? What else is possible?

Of course, MOO

EC was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender which is deemed a lower burden of proof than being arrested in the US for probable cause.

EC could have simply refused to cooperate with investigators. On the other hand, EC may have been suspected of involvement in the commission of a criminal offence when Police arrived at their home such as throwing something out of the window or washing/disposing of WC's clothes.

More importantly, the Police may have also feared that if EC was not arrested, she might destroy or tamper with evidence at the potential crime scene. Given the charges against her spouse, I believe they acted on reasonable grounds.

To be clear, EC has not been charged with the offence and required bail as this is an ongoing criminal investigation. She's obligated to return for questioning at a time when Police have had more time with the evidence.

Pursuant to the Police and Criminal Evidence Act (PACE), a lawful arrest requires two elements:

A person’s involvement or suspected involvement or attempted involvement in the commission of a criminal offence;

AND

Reasonable grounds for believing that the person’s arrest is necessary.

• both elements must be satisfied, and

• it can never be necessary to arrest a person unless there are reasonable grounds to suspect them of committing an offence.

https://assets.publishing.service.g...achment_data/file/903814/pace-code-g-2012.pdf

ETA: I'm also wondering about the psychological effect on a suspect if their spouse is also held or arrested because of your actions. That alone might be sufficient to cause a suspect to cooperate or confess to protect an innocent family. MOO

Last edited:
Just a thought re queries of whether there would be drag marks from the builders bag or if a trailer could have been used.
Doesn't LE or military training include carrying a colleague on your back or over your shoulder for a period of time?
IMO a simple 'firemans lift' is all that would be needed in this instance.

Last week was a rollercoaster of sad and angry new every day. New truths uncovered, new crime scenes discovered.....
Does anyone else have a heavy heart about what may be revealed this coming week?

The suspect is now the accused since being charged.

There will very limited or no comment from MSM, on further progress or the facts in ths case, due to the sub judice rule that is now in place.

Last edited:
Quoting myself because this horrible ‘sliding doors’ moment is keeping me awake.

Conversely, imagine if those dashcams had NOT caught the suspects car on camera. Sarah would still be missing and we might not have a clue what happened to her.

It's crazy thinking that 3 minutes earlier she was on a police cam just a few things had gone differently at that time and she might have still be alive - the accused may have had other potential victims in sight that night and some of them might not even had realised it, just by the presents of residents or a pedestrians walking along or cars pulling up out or into of their drive ways at that time if only S E phone call lasted a few more minutes who knows she might still be here but I do think if it was not S E then it most likely would have been someone else unfortunately the person who committed this awful crime was out of control

A couple of random thoughts :

There's been speculation about the email sent to senior officers requesting to be relieved from firearms duty. This could be due to suicidal thoughts, or also fear that a pending arrest could turn into an armed police siege situation which could put the alleged perp and/or his family into danger.

Some posters have speculated on whether or not Sarah was wearing her Covid face mask when abducted. If she was, it might have been easy for the abductor to pull her mask up over her eyes, temporarily blinding and disorientating her while he bundled her into the car.

Given what we know about phone pings from Sarah’s last reported location, I’m wondering if some of the sites they’re searching could also have been triangulated from the Accused’s own phone history. I imagine any visits to areas of woodland or water during that time period would look suspect. But then that doesn’t really explain the sudden urgency to examine this latest site this evening, as presumably they’ve had this data for some time now.
^^ bbm

Great question @arrogantcat! Criminals are notoriously stupid about their actions both before and after the fact. It's not unusual for a suspect to return to the crime scene, surveillance their work, or even check on the police. I think most believe they are smarter than investigators. Many are unaware that they can't disable their vehicle tracking information by simply using the power button. Triangulated phone history is proving very efficient and effective as well. MOO

A couple of random thoughts :

There's been speculation about the email sent to senior officers requesting to be relieved from firearms duty. This could be due to suicidal thoughts, or also fear that a pending arrest could turn into an armed police siege situation which could put the alleged perp and/or his family into danger.

Some posters have speculated on whether or not Sarah was wearing her Covid face mask when abducted. If she was, it might have been easy for the abductor to pull her mask up over her eyes, temporarily blinding and disorientating her while he bundled her into the car.

It’s a possibility but there is not many times apart from going into shop, malls, supermarkets and on public transport that I seen women wear masks even when walking outdoors unless it was really cold at that time of night

We have heard of a new search site this evening ,it is possible another one will also be discovered.

I'm curious about the site in Sandwich.
Lots of Police vans and a tent.
Doesn't seem to be forensics there as far as we can see and the Police have been there since 1pm I recall.
Unless the Police are there to guard a particular spot so press cannot get pics of other work that may be being carried out in order to stop further speculation.
JMO

Speculation but maybe when LE arrived at the house she could have said he wasn’t home and when they looked in the house they saw him there? That seems like the rash spur-of-the-moment thing that might get you arrested but not charged.
To do that though, she would presumeably have a reason to suspect that he had done something wrong. Of course, he could have told her it was something minor.

So..let's talk family. Not any in particular, just in cases like these. Would foster parents have to explain to the kids the events? Would a parent released on bail stay with the kids and would they receive govt protection?

So..let's talk family. Not any in particular, just in cases like these. Would foster parents have to explain to the kids the events? Would a parent released on bail stay with the kids and would they receive govt protection?
Are there any foster parents in this scenario. I hope a parent not charged with a serious crime would be allowed to stay with their children. How awful it must be for those kids taken out of their home and may even be beds in the middle of the night.

Are there any foster parents in this scenario. I hope a parent not charged with a serious crime would be allowed to stay with their children. How awful it must be for those kids taken out of their home and may even be beds in the middle of the night.
Yes, dreadful really. Foster parents? How is this dealt with?

About the hire car, has it been reported that the police have it and are examining it? I believe its been reported that it was tracked back to Kent but if it was hired in Dover surely it would have been returned to Dover or it was left somewhere else. Only the two family cars were taken from the home so it wasn't there and surely with so many sites being investigated the media would have seen it being taken away from wherever it was?
Could that car have been hired in London? Just a thought I had when reading through previous threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member