UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it bizarre to think that this time last week nobody even knew Sarah was missing. It has to be the fastest and craziest case I've come across here, like a rollercoaster ride of information and emotion.

So many new members too, all here for Sarah, I hope many of you will stay for future cases :)
Was just thinking that too , I've only been around for few yrs but this case has moved at lightning speed . I check in everyday and so much catching up to do .
Even my OH who usually isn't interested in crime , is telling ME breaking news as it happens .

That's what's been very puzzling!! he had no grounds what so ever to arrest her? and if she wanted a lift she then might has well waited for a bus but I do believe her intension was to walk home like she probably would have done many times before and how does no residents not hear or see anything it's 9.30pm in the evening he probably might have lured her into the car under false pretences

how in did he think would get away it? because he has slipped up somewhere for the police to be on his trail in less then a week after her disappearance

Although I see why it is being suggested, because of his job, I don't think I buy the "showed her his warrant card and persuaded her into the car" theory, or that SE accepted a lift from someone she didn't know. It was not a marked police car and I just don't think most women would trust a random car, a random guy, and/or a "warrant card", even if WC would have access to a real one.

I don't know SE personally and don't like to make sweeping generalisations, but I find it hard to believe either of those things happened.

On the other hand, it's 9.30pm in London, and you would expect local residents or passersby to hear or notice some kind of a struggle...?

It is puzzling.

I am wondering (due to MC's wife working in a lab and maybe having certain chemicals more readily available) if he used some type of chemical to subdue SE, he could have put some type of anaesthetic etc on a rag and placed it over her mouth quite easily from behind and without drawing to much attention would have been able to get her into the car. Just an idea.

I said perhaps chloroform a few days ago, but quite a few people said no, it doesn't work like in the movies.

What I’m picturing was fast as hell with no time to think or react in any substantial way. Quick talking, assertive manner, big guy, she’s small and gentle. Maybe he flashed a warrant card, claimed to be plain clothes or even faked an arrest. She has never been in confrontation with LE before and her instinct is to be polite.

It’s why I wondered about maybe pulling into the shadow of the trees on the apartment drive. Tiny bit of seclusion. Quick stop, talking, talking, grab her arm, still talking, maybe some lie about lockdown, steering her towards the car before she even knows what’s happening. Then she’s in and they’re off and he has her controlled.

It was such a risky choice of location, so the poor woman was extremely unlucky and he was under some compulsion or just acted on impulse. I’m not getting evil genius vibes from him. I’m getting impulsivity and then a big panic.
He is not a big guy. He is 5ft 7in. <modsnip> BBM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding his wife did anybody recently watch “The Serpent” on BBC? (Based on Charles Sobhraj for anyone who didn’t see it). I think there are some women who know right from wrong but for some reason can’t or won’t choose to do the right thing and end up going along with it. Of course I’m not saying EC knew or was corporative to the same extent as Marie-Andrée supposedly was but if she’s lacking family or even maybe friends here you could see how she may be coerced

How Wayne Couzens went from mechanic to Met cop to Sarah Everard suspect
  • Updated: 11 Mar 2021, 1:08
Dad-of-two Couzens commuted into London from his coastal home to guard some of Britain’s most high-profile buildings and people.

It was his dream come true after previously having worked at his family’s garage repair business.

He joined the Civil Nuclear Constabulary before moving on to serve in the Metropolitan Police.

Shaven-headed Couzens was highly regarded among colleagues for his calm approach — a key attribute for a gun cop.

[..]

“Wayne and his wife were brought out by police between 9pm and 10pm.

“He was in handcuffs and was put in the back of a van while his wife was put in a car.

[..]

The couple, who married in 2006, were described as “chatty”.

Their children are featured on their social media and attended a local school.

[..]

Couzens had previously worked for more than 20 years at a garage run by his dad Ray in Dover.

BCB Dover at Western Heights closed in 2015 after 48 years. Couzens started as an apprentice in 1990 working as a light-vehicle body repair technician.

He worked there until 2011 before following in the footsteps of his brother David and becoming a cop.

He was based at Dungeness and received firearms training with the nuclear force.

[..]

Couzens transferred to the Met in September 2018 and worked as an armed diplomatic protection officer based in Westminster and guarding embassies and high-profile potential targets.

[..]

Couzens’ wife grew up in Ukraine and obtained a first-class degree in biochemistry at the University of Donetsk.

[..]

After working as a lab technician in Ukraine, she moved to Britain. She is employed as a lab manager for an engineering company.

Gardener John Chidwick, 67, who lives in a block of flats opposite, said Couzens is well spoken and “always appeared to be happy”.

The Sun Live Blog link:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14293126/sarah-everard-latest-remains-found-wayne-couzens-murder-live/

Not sure if allowed so sorry if not (first post)...

Others (on twitter) have noticed a similarity in appearance of this man, wanted for other recent, violent offences in the Kent area:

KentOnline.co.uk: CCTV appeal after shop assault
Kent Police: CCTV appeal following Folkestone assault

folkestone-tablet.jpg

NS1THWRVUIEAF3XRG7H4.jpg

Last edited:
I am trying to imagine this but you get gut instincts about people trying to get you into a car and would say no and try not to I think. But possibly, if she thought he was the police (and in uniform maybe?) you would fear resisting. Except something sudden must have happened for her to not use her phone from that point on. IMO.

Although someone earlier said maybe her phone was snatched by a mugger and he offered to help and it was opportunistic.

I know what you’re saying but he has the advantage of knowing what he is about to do, she is unawares. He wants her in the car, she has no idea what he wants. He has criminal intent, she is a kind, sweet young woman. I don’t think it was a conversation or an offer.

It seems now he had an intent to commit a sexual offence so he doesn’t offer a lift, he bundles her in, and destroys her phone. I hope he also chloroformed her or put her out somehow and her suffering was over immediately.

I think that makes sense because of the location. Speed was essential because people could come past anytime, also keeping her quiet was important.

Or a panic attack or a fight or a pretext to get assistance if the assisting of the offender wasn’t all that voluntary? Seems to me there are lots of possibilities.

Maxine Carr keeps popping into my head.

I hope the secondary suspect here gets a fair assessment of their involvement, any possible coercion etc and doesn’t become the focus of tabloid hysteria.

or, he or she sustained injuries in the abduction etc., by Sarah fighting back and needed more help than they could do themselves or just waited until days had passed before seeking medical help to lessen suspicion...

Considering wether it was premeditated or not. I’ve always wondered what constitutes premeditation, does it have to of been planned days in advance?

In the US premeditation can occur in a split second. Lets say you decide to rob your neighbors house. But then your neighbor walks in and sees you. In a split second you decide to kill them so they don't identify you. That's premeditation.

I may have missed a few posts. Is it thought that he drove up onto the pavement or parked round the corner in Rodenhurst? I doubt he parked round the side of the flats IMO. It's all speculation though so perhaps not much point, as we'll find out eventually I guess. I know the police gave careful attention to that kerb. JMO

Replying to
@SkyAndyHughes
Sarah Everard was last captured on CCTV at 9.30pm on wed, a few minutes walk away from this block of flats, which is in Clapham Park - not Tulse Hill as per previous tweet. No one being allowed into the building. Residents leaning out of windows asking police what’s going on.

9:29 AM · Mar 9, 2021

JJ@BBBLondon

The PO arrested in the #SarahEverard case, Wayne Couzens aged 48, married & living in Deal, was a car mechanic until 10 years ago. He’s based at Westminster & would know the SC well, obvs. It’s been suggested by a source that he may have lodged at CP Estate

7:27 AM · Mar 10, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member