UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's A&Es job.. Triage, get head scans, consult neurology if required. It'd be his condition e.g. they can't get heart rate under control or requiring help breathing that would then require an ICU transfer.

I can’t imagine him sitting in a&e with an armed guard attached to each ankle in the current climate waiting to be triaged by an ANP. He had a head injury, was taken straight through to an ACU or ICU. Did imaging, got him back out of there and locked up safe as soon as medically safe to do so. Of course that’s just MOO.

I dont get it tbh. Not just a criminal but an expected abductor/murderer with a loaded weapon in public! There has to be more to this.

You keep everything as normal to not arouse suspicion until you are ready to arrest. No doubt he was never outside the view of someone who was aware at the time.

Trying (and largely failing) to catch up with all today's posts. This extraordinary case becomes more like a bad episode of Law & Order with every passing day. I'm not being flippant, just...you couldn't make it up.

The handling of the IE allegation is worrying. My take, and it's JMO, is that he went through a drive through exposing himself in his car. There will be CCTV of the car and perhaps of the offence, plus perhaps payment card data. If the incident had been taken seriously, it might well have been an easy matter to identify him and make an arrest, triggering a suspension. Not to say that he wouldn't still have escalated in the following days, but SE's blood specifically would not have been on the Met's hands. Presumably investigating "just" IE isn't a priority. As it is, whatever showed up on CCTV [edit: on the night Sarah disappeared] triggered his arrest, and his number plates were probably run to see what flagged up, which turned out to be the incident report from the IE. I think something like this is a much more likely scenario than a deliberate cover up, but it's damning from a PR perspective and will damage trust immeasurably. I would question whether Cressida Dick's career would survive it, and I imagine there will be a significant number of LE who will find it hard to look in the mirror afterwards.

If there could be anything positive to be taken from this case, my hope is that it will do for institutional sexism in policing and the CJ system what the Lawrence case did for institutional racism, which is to say that it will blow the lid off which crimes and which victims are prioritised and taken seriously. I feel we are in for quite a rollercoaster ride first, though.

Speculative and JMO of course.

The investigation into fast food flashing will be interesting..wondering did the officers just not take it seriously full stop ..or did they get as far as identifying him but not acting accordingly or quick enough.
I suspect it may be that it was not taken very seriously

I can’t imagine him sitting in a&e with an armed guard attached to each ankle in the current climate waiting to be triaged by an ANP. He had a head injury, was taken straight through to an ACU or ICU. Did imaging, got him back out of there and locked up safe as soon as medically safe to do so. Of course that’s just MOO.

I'm not suggesting he'd be sitting in the waiting area, that would be somewhat silly. Someone apparently in the know has suggested otherwise.

The concerning thing about all this, is that he's been a police officer for 10+ years now, and has been in a position to abuse his warrant card for that period time. God knows what else he has done (if guilty)

I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in a lot of stuff that is never uncovered.

Disturbing really.

I think any of those are possibilities.

Maybe mistaken identity of someone? It is a bit unnerving they do look slightly similar

I thought the same. Did he have a 'type' it also raises the question had he seen sarah before. Did she make this journey routinely and he stalked her waiting for an opportunity.

According to the Telegraph, which quotes a Scotland Yard spokesman

""The suspect was taken to a hospital for treatment to a head injury sustained while in custody. He has since been discharged and returned to custody."

There is no mention of ICU so most probably a mistake and we will never know which part of the hospital he was taken to! IMO

Police officer held on suspicion of murdering Sarah Everard is rushed to hospital with head injuries

According to the Daily Mail he was taken to A&E

Sarah Everard: Police officer arrested over 'kidnap and murder' found in cell with head injuries' | Daily Mail Online

According to the Sun he was taken to ICU and had a brain scan

Sarah suspect 'exposed himself' in incident told to cops 4 days before she vanished

Sounds like assumptions by the media IMO or some exaggeration. Or mixed reports to the media.

And there is no way that he would have been unconscious. He would have been kept in an monitored at least overnight. Pretending maybe?
I don't know. Media are dramatising it 'serious head injuries' Sarah Everard: Police officer arrested over 'kidnap and murder' found in cell with head injuries' | Daily Mail Online

Really serious head injuries get one a bed in an operating theatre and no discharge the same day.
Possibly he cut his head. May have been a lot of blood because scalp injuries bleed.
Bottom line is he would not have been discharged same day if he really had serious head injuries.

I still can’t understand what WC was thinking when he committed this horrific act. He must have known this would attract huge media interest- (did he want to be caught?). Did he only plan on committing a sexual assault (for eg) and ended up having to do the unthinkable because of something that happened during the assault?

I also find it strange how similar SE looks to EC, was this a sick way of taking something out on EC? Or could he have assumed SE was also frkm Eastern Europe and thought that it was less likely to gain much attention.
All speculation, but interested to hear your thoughts- I can’t get poor Sarah and the case off my mind

I actually don’t think he planned on killing anyone that night, basing that on nothing but my opinion. He was probably forensically aware given his job so if he really was intent on committing murder, I’m sure he would know smarter ways to go about it. That said, I do think his behaviour was spiralling given the indecent exposure report. Something on that street caused the situation to escalate between them and a crossing of paths, what that was I don’t know. But he clearly lost control of what was happening. I hope she fought back. I hope she gave him hell tbh.

That's A&Es job.. Triage, get head scans, consult neurology if required. It'd be his condition e.g. they can't get heart rate under control or requiring help breathing that would then require an ICU transfer.

It's fair to say that whatever the usual hospital protocols and if and why they were diverted from in this instance, they have no bearing on the the case of Sarah Everard.

I recall taking a prisoner from custody to hospital. The hospital were notified that he was on the way. We by-passed A&E, and the other assessment units and were taken straight to a private room.

Remember that the safety and welfare of the other patients is also important and seeing a prisoner accompanied by armed police would be distressing for many.

The access/egress security in ICU is considerably more robust than in other areas of the hospital, which may explain a lot.

As before.....it is irrelevant to the investigation.

He would have been collected by PaDP transport and taken back to the main base, where the armoury is, to sign his weapon and ammunition back in and change out of recognisable police uniform.
So he would have been taken back to Charing Cross (I think that’s the base) to change out of his uniform and sign in his firearm? Wonder how he got back to his vehicle that he presumably parked in Nine Elms. It’s actually cutting it fine to end his shift at 8pm travel back to central London change, surrender his weapon then get back out to Nine Elms to get his vehicle and then onto Poynders Road by 9:15-9:30

To be honest he has packed on a lot of muscle over the years, and as someone who is familiar with bodybuilding, it's not easy for a 48 yrit
I agree. He also has the moon face associated with steroid use in later pics where formerly he seemed to have a thinner face.

Last edited:
You keep everything as normal to not arouse suspicion until you are ready to arrest. No doubt he was never outside the view of someone who was aware at the time.

I just hope he wasn't stationed in a public place around civilians with a loaded gun. He is not sound of mind if he is capable of doing this to somebody. Hopefully they found him a secluded place indoors to guard, because what if he had an inkling he was being investigated and went berserk.......unthinkable.

The concerning thing about all this, is that he's been a police officer for 10+ years now, and has been in a position to abuse his warrant card for that period time. God knows what else he has done (if guilty)

I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved in a lot of stuff that is never uncovered.

Disturbing really.
It is A&E, not a pub. Most people in A&E are slightly incapacitated themselves.
Still, it would be a security risk.

Reported he was kept on duty (to avoid alerting him to the fact the police weere onto him) whilst under close observation from plain clothed and armed officers.

Sarah Everard: 'Murder suspect' Met officer found via CCTV from bus camera | Daily Mail Online

thanks for this....interesting read. I find it scary that a suspected criminal was allowed to carry on working with a firearm. There’s so many ways that this could have escalated.
I dont get it tbh. Not just a criminal but an expected abductor/murderer with a loaded weapon in public! There has to be more to this.

I was being generous with the suspected criminal label because he hadn’t been charged or convicted of anything yet.....

I agree that there’s more to it. Not just loaded in public but at a diplomatic site, the repercussions could be endless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member