UK - the late Jimmy Savile and the underage sex charges now confronting the BBC

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all,
This has made the media in Oz, actually it was being discussed on commercial radio this week and what the ramifications may be for the BBC. The presenters were comparing it to this case below, only in the sense that he worked for the public broadcaster.

Former ABC personality Andy Muirhead has been sentenced to 10 months in jail for child *advertiser censored* offences.

Muirhead, 36, has been in custody since July when he pleaded guilty to accessing and possessing 12,000 child *advertiser censored* images and 24 videos showing children aged between three and 14.

Two years ago police seized the computer from the Hobart home of the former Collectors host after a tip-off from Interpol.

At least 60 images showed explicit or sadistic treatment of children.

Andy Muirhead often did the unexpected.

Few schoolmates in Hobart picked the thin, reserved boy as a future stand-up comedian, let alone a TV personality.
At the same time as he made a name in Collectors and on breakfast radio, Muirhead puzzled ABC colleagues. Bubbly on the mike, he was contained and withdrawn off air.
But the biggest surprise was in store for his family, and "the hundreds of thousands of people who trusted me and and invited me into their homes each Friday night". In his own home, Muirhead was watching child *advertiser censored* in the upstairs bedroom.
Tasmanian chief justice Justice Ewan Crawford sentenced Muirhead to 10 months imprisonment, to be released after seven months, on three child *advertiser censored* charges.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/369900/the-hidden-muirhead/?cs=12
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-01/jail-sentence-for-muirhead/4290134

From Private Eye

thatcher_savile.jpg

The Sunday Telegraph has established that the civil servant behind Savile's appointment to take charge of Broadmoor, the high-security hospital, was subsequently prevented from working with children.

Much more at Telegaph link

Former Minister says Thatcher aide was paedophile who preyed on boys' home - and Hague should have known (Sunday Mail)
A former Tory Minister last night made incendiary claims that one of Margaret Thatcher’s closest aides was implicated in one of the most harrowing child abuse scandals of recent times.

Rod Richards, a former Conservative MP and ex-leader of the Welsh Tories, made the shocking allegation that he had seen evidence linking Sir Peter Morrison to the North Wales children’s homes case, in which up to 650 children in 40 homes were sexually, physically and emotionally abused over 20 years.

Mr Richards also linked a second leading Tory grandee – now dead – to the scandals at homes including Bryn Estyn and Bryn Alyn Hall, both near Wrexham.

He said official documents had identified the pair as frequent, unexplained visitors to the care homes.

Mr Richards – who helped establish the inquiry that unearthed the scale of the abuse – said bluntly: ‘What I do know is that Morrison was a paedophile. And the reason I know that is because of the North Wales child abuse scandal.’
---
more at the link

"a second leading Tory grandee"......hmmm......

Gary Glitter is a mere titbit being thrown to the media, he's not handcuffed, and has had time to dress appropriately. Personally I think he has been made a major Patsy, I'm not condoning it, but young girls may have been his fancy, and when they were throwing themselves at him in the 70's he allegedly took advantage, although at the time I bet the underage girls were as pleased as punch, I remember at the age of 14ish chatting with my class mates "Would you "do it" with xyz?" Of course we would have.

Unfortunately GG is now living in the past when young girls were throwing themselves at him, so in an effort to recreate this peak popularity years, he seeks young teenagers, although I don't believe he is a predator in the UK.

After the event he went to the Far East, in Thailand particularly, families train their youngsters on how to make money from pervy western men. Basics of economics is demands v needs.

Now, operation Yew Tree made me s.n.i.g.g.e.r - Old and Poisonous? or Frequently seen in Graveyards?

I wanna be the Police Pun Writer!!!! :)

I cant believe you wrote that Saturn. I didnt know what patsy meant so looked it up and it means "fall guy". Glitter isnt just guilty of taking advantage of young girls who threw themselves at him. He is guilty of collecting child sex abuse images on his computer that is a fact. He is also guilty of committing obscene acts with underage girls in Vietnam. He is not a fall guy, I have no doubt there will be further arrests.

I cant believe you wrote that Saturn. I didnt know what patsy meant so looked it up and it means "fall guy". Glitter isnt just guilty of taking advantage of young girls who threw themselves at him. He is guilty of collecting child sex abuse images on his computer that is a fact. He is also guilty of committing obscene acts with underage girls in Vietnam. He is not a fall guy, I have no doubt there will be further arrests.

I can see what saturn is trying to say.

Glitter is already known to have been convicted of offences so to have headlines of him being arrested is diverting the attention away from those living stars whose names are not in the public and moreover those in political circles.

By saying he is a patsy, means that a few stars like him will be arrested to satisfy the general public that people are being brought to account, and those higher up the chain will be protected.

I have no doubt there will be further, and justified, arrests; I do seriously doubt that there will be arrests up the chain, so to speak. I foresee a handful of arrests of has-beens, civil servants, a couple moderate "household names" still active in entertainment, and some hangers-on - oh, and perhaps some halfway prominent dead people - not arrested of course, but names besmirched. What I don't see happening is any real effort to serve justice by taking down the mighty, should those mighty be linked to these same types of crimes.

Totally hear what you've written Webnut, but GG wasn't predatory in the UK. He only possibly took what was handed on a plate. I've met an ex copper who, despite knowing the stories and insider info, was quite happy to let his kids go to GG's house.

As a teenager I was not GG fan, but remember girls in my class at the age of 13/14 saying they'd like to sleep with him.

I do however like GG's records and that of the Glitter Band, but they seem to be banned, whereas Michael Jackson records are still played.

Express commentary by Sonia Poulton:

SEX ABUSE IS GUILTY SECRET
---
I have compiled a list of 132 utterly shameless establishment child abusers. These include MPs, lords and local councillors. A similar list for members of Her Majesty’s Constabulary exists.

I don’t believe these lists are complete. This is not conjecture or media gossip but people, primarily men, who have been prosecuted for child sex offences throughout the UK.
---
Publish the list then. As it stands this uncomfortably reminds of the witch-hunting U.S. Senator Joseph McCarthy's statement, in 1950, "I have here in my hand a list of 205 members of the Communist Party."

Yes, publish it. If only any of those in the church who knew would have published the names, or at least turned them over to LE!!

This is exactly why higher ups will never be punished - those who know won't tell (and I don't mean the victims). The worst that will happen is that they'll receive the entertainment or governmental equivalent of Cardinal Law's cushy "exile" to Sta Maria Maggiore. :furious:

I personally know a very sordid tale of two 13 yo girls (friends of mine) who went to see Glitter in concert, this would have been in 1974/75

They were 13, he was a grown man who should have known that what he was doing was wrong. He was 30, they were pubescent girls.

I was not surprised to see him wheeled out today, I wonder who will be next and whether, like other suspected criminals, their names will be released by a "source"?

BTW Bruce Forsyth's holiday was booked a long time ago

sorry, but I fail to see why a child offering it on a plate means it is OK to have sex with them. Adults are meant to protect children even from themselves, Claiming a thirteen year old child was asking for it or offering it up on a plate is not an excuse.

This case just gets worse and worse. So much complicity and cover up. It is appalling.

The Express attempts to up the ante:

SAVILE: DID HE ADMIT MURDER?
Paedophile Jimmy Savile "confessed" to murder on national television, sparking new fears that the monster's reign of terror may have been worse than ever imagined.

He was speaking in 2002 after the infamous Louis Theroux documentary, in which the shamed pervert was secretly filmed boasting about his brutal criminal past as a nightclub proprieter in Leeds.

Brandishing one of his trademark cigars, he hisses: "I mean, he was having a go to try and get a bit of salacious TV so of course I suddenly drop into Godfather mode.

"If he wants to die, he can die. He won't be the first that I've put away."
---
Yesterday, one of Britain's leading criminologists urged police to consider investigating Savile as a suspect in historic 'cold case' murders and missing persons investigations.

Forensic psychologist Dr Ian Stephen said: "Paedophiles are a totally different type of criminal altogether from people who have killed women in a prolific manner. It would be very unusual to find somebody of that type, but having said that he had the money and he had the power."
---
more at the link

Just because an underage girl 'throws herself' at a rock star doesn't mean he has to take her up on it. And just because the child sex industry exists in any nation, doesn't mean a man should partake in it. A pedo is a pedo is a pedo, no matter where he molests children. Gary Glitter is a pedo, who took advantage of children whose parents didn't know or didn't care that he was having sex with them.

eta: And the fact that the Vietnamese government wanted him banned from entering their country suggests to me that something more than his visiting child brothels was going on....

The abuse of young girls in the pop industry is a thread in itself... and I bet a bunch of musicians would sweat if that side of the entertainment industry ever got a similar dose of salts.

I agree though, Glitter's a known pedophile, and the spotlight on him could be seen as a distraction from those not yet publicly outed.

I think much the same of Savile. He's a loathesome individual who deserves to be remembered for the monster that he was. But there's living monsters out there right now who are as bad or worse, and have enough strings to pull that they -might- escape the radar.

I hope not. I hope they all go down like a ton of bricks. I hope the result of it is that children - particularly the most vulnerable of kids, who have no loving parents to protect them from such harm - have a safer future.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pklav69
Back