UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered for a while now if they were bombed on drugs as he has had drug charges and it has been posted in the comments of news items that she was a common drug user.....

but it had never been mentioned that they were by the police.........
and as someone mentioned before if they were on crystal meth then it should made widely known and used in the future as some form of drug detterent educational tool......."the absolute horror of this drug"

scumbags......and a scummy scummy drug.......this little boy became victim to......

IMO, LE would have drug tested them, considering what they were charged with.
I would hope they were drug tested, but I'm told that is not always the case. I hope they were drug tested at the time of arrest, but that seldom happens, I'm told.

And, if they waited 3 days between their last 'hit', and the time of testing, there is a very good chance the drug wouldn't show up anyway, with the exception I believe, of a hair analysis test.

I'm just tossing out ideas and possibilities, of course.

I'm sure LE, especially now with the FBI involved, is all over every possible scenario. There is no way the Meth possibility hasn't occured to the FBI, especially with Nathan's past drug arrests, and the extreme nature of the abuse that little Ethan suffered.

I would hope they were drug tested, but I'm told that is not always the case. I hope they were drug tested at the time of arrest, but that seldom happens, I'm told.

And, if they waited 3 days between their last 'hit', and the time of testing, there is a very good chance the drug wouldn't show up anyway, with the exception I believe, of a hair analysis test.

I'm just tossing out ideas and possibilities, of course.

I'm sure LE, especially now with the FBI involved, is all over every possible scenario. There is no way the Meth possibility hasn't occured to the FBI, especially with Nathan's past drug arrests, and the extreme nature of the abuse that little Ethan suffered.

IIRC, in one of the early articles it said he was still on probation. I think that's what I read... if that's the case, and considering those charges were drug-related, I'm betting they tested him if not SS. Even if not on probation, given his prior record, they may have done so anyway.

Another enlargement, no bright/cont adjustment.
When I click this thumbnail/ pic to enlarge it, (okay- the pic didn't carry over, but it is in pufnstuf's post#280) and then click and enlarge it again, I realize that Ethan's eyes are looking straight ahead- not down at (what looks to be) the hand-held video game.

He is actually looking straight ahead like he is in shock, or brain damaged, or even dead. I know it's hard to tell exactly what was really going on from just one picture- but, this one picture is horrific, and posed, and not 'sincere'...

If I didn't know that there were pictures following this one, I might think they propped him up against Nathan after death even, just to prove he was 'okay' at a certain time- not realizing that the camera would do such a good job of picking up the facial disfigurement. (Again, I think the other side of his face, and his legs and torso, would show even more damage, and more severe damage, if they could be seen).

I think maybe Stephanie took a bunch (17, at least) of pics, and posted them later on, in a different order than they were taken.

Why Stephanie tooks the pics is still a puzzle to me. And then post one of them on her facebook? How long were they on facebook? Didn't anyone her friends see them? Was she so desperate to show the world her child with her man that she overlooked the fact that Ethans face was bashed up? I don't get it?

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10814747

The FBI has now entered the investigation into the death of Ethan Stacy, partly because of its expertise in examining electronic evidence, which could provide valuable clues in the timeline of violence that led to the boy's death.

The Layton Police Department says it is aware of a Facebook photo that has created a lot of buzz in the case. The lieutenant KSL News spoke to would not go into details, but he said it's definitely part of the investigation. It's a picture of 4-year-old Ethan playing video games like any other child. Except, in this photo his face is swollen and bruised, and he's sitting with the man accused of killing him: his stepfather, Nathan Sloop.

More at link.

Because of the extreme rarity of taking the pictures and videos, I have no doubts that they've also got the FBI behavioral analysts working overtime on this case as well.

I can't stress enough how extremely rare it is for a parent and step-parent to take pictures and videos of such a badly battered and tortured child. The videos bother me even more than the pictures do. From my research, this may be the first case of its kind in the U.S. That's how rare it is. Stephanie is exceptionally twisted, exceptionally evil, and/or exceptionally money hungry. I want to know if Nathan took pictures and videos too, or just Stephanie.

The reason she went so far as to upload that picture to facebook, taking such an extreme risk at being reported to LE for abuse, may be that she was advertising pictures and videos for sale, and the lure of the great amount of money she would make was so appealing to her, as to make her willing to take that extraordinary risk.

I'm not one to get into wild speculation, and I hope I'm not doing so here. I think this is worth exploring.

The love and support from the people of Layton (and all of Utah and around the country) is amazing.

From the FB group:

PLEASE READ: FYI: The pics I posted, are of the balloons that have been left at the Memorial in Layton Meadows Apt Complex. We took down the Memorial and released all of the balloons. I have all of the stuff that was taken down. And a wonderful man by the name of Michael Romo has offered to pay the ENTIRE cost of the shipping fees, so we can get this stuff back to Joe Stacy & his Family in Virginia. A MILLION THANK YOU'S TO HIM FOR THAT VERY KIND ACT!

We are concentrating mostly on sending the ceramics, cards, letters, toys etc. back to Virginia. The stuffed animals that have writing on them, or notes attached to them, are being sent as well. Everyone who helped today, thought that most of the stuffed animals could be donated to B.A.C.A. (Biker's Against Child Abuse), if ANYONE has any other ideas about where they can be donated, let me know PLEASE! Thanks again to everyone for all of the support. I know that his family is extremely greatful, for everything all of us have done. Take care

There are angels on earth.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122374551115521

I don't know... that would make sense if she took the photos of Ethan's injuries without 's knowledge. But we know of at least one (and I'd bet there are more) where Ethan had obviously been brutalized and he was sitting on 's lap. That completely negates her claim she did this because she was afraid of NS. He knew she was taking incriminating photos. We've read comments from friends, Michelle, Joe and others about her 'mean' and vindictive side. I think we can't wrap our minds around someone watching her own child dying, sitting on the lap of the monster who was helping her kill him, and taking what in her sick mind amounted to a family album. I have no idea why she took those photos. I don't think any of us can really know why. Our theories may or may not be right, but while most of us can try to imagine her motive for recording Ethan's torture, none of us have their capacity for pure evil. And an evil like that could well have been planning to torture Joe with photos of his beloved son dying.

I'd agree if I thought Nathan had enough common sense and his ego was small enough to consider the possibility that SS may one day use those photo's against him. However I don't think he was bright enough, nor was his ego small enough to even give a thought to the possibility of SS betraying him by using those photo's for blackmail. I don't believe he recognized that side of her yet.

They both strike me as the type that couldn't get enough of looking at themselves in the mirror, so in his mind the photo's would be further boosting to his ego rather than considering the implication of documenting the injuries.

jmo

http://www.ksl.com/emedia/slc/2043/204317/20431755.jpg

A screenshot of the facebook page.

My two favorite boys playing video games together

:furious: :furious: :furious:

This photo is much clearer than those posted by the news earlier on this and the last thread.

IMO, his jaw is broken and his lips are swollen to the point he can't close his mouth. There is an obvious bruising and swelling of his left ear and temporal area and left side of his forehead. You can see where the swelling on his forehead and left eye has elevated his left brow. In addition to the bruising on and surrounding his left eye, it's apparent his right eye and cheek were battered too. Again I note the bruising of his throat (that *advertiser censored* grabbed that baby on his throat as he beat him and what MAY be bruising on the back of the left side his neck (that may be a shadow, hard to tell although it extends a bit too far anteriorly for it to be a shadow; IMO it's more bruising). Something I notice here that didn't show up in the prior post of this picture is what appears to be a ligature mark around the base of Ethan's throat. It's very thin and my guess he he was grabbed and pulled or lifted up by the back of his shirt and held (possible head down) causing the collar of his shirt cut into his neck.

I applied a Negative filter to the picture, Calliope, and the ligature mark is crystal clear. It looks like Nathan maybe grabbed the back of Ethan's shirt, and pulled it, or lifted him up. The circular line aligns with Ethan's shirt.

The extent of the injuries to his mouth and cheek/jaw also become much clearer. It's horribly disturbing.

Oh Dear GOD.

She posted these pictures on Facebook?????????????

Beyond believable that she even took these pictures, but to actually POST them ONLINE under her own name????

That poor sweet little boy. My hearts broken.

Prayers to his REAL parent.

If you notice his mouth isn't being held as someone would normally do if their lips were parted. It's more like an "O" with the lower jaw jutting forward. I've seen the same in people with facial injuries, surgeries, and tumors. In his pictures you can see Ethan has a slight bit of an overbite, just slightly, and a small defined chin. To me that's more proof his jaw was broken.

I agree, Calliope. I think his jaw is broken as well.

This is just too much.

I applied a Negative filter to the picture, Calliope, and the ligature mark is crystal clear. It looks like Nathan maybe grabbed the back of Ethan's shirt, and pulled it, or lifted him up. The circular line aligns with Ethan's shirt.

The extent of the injuries to his mouth and cheek/jaw also become much clearer. It's horribly disturbing.

I agree, it matches up with what you'd see from the neckline of a pullover shirt. When that article was first posted, you could click on it and then again to get a very large image (took up most of the screen). That is why I could see the ligature mark so well. Now, they've altered something so all you see is a small image, it no longer enlarges.

ETA: nvm, I see that I can enlarge just by hitting the 'increase font size' button on the browser.

She (the "mom") appears to be a sociopath -- with a heart made of rock and a mind that doesn't comprehend what it means to be maternal, loving, kind, civilized. She doesn't grasp the meaning of "right and wrong." She is -- the scariest being a child could ever have for a "mother."

If you notice his mouth isn't being held as someone would normally do if their lips were parted. It's more like an "O" with the lower jaw jutting forward. I've seen the same in people with facial injuries, surgeries, and tumors. In his pictures you can see Ethan has a slight bit of an overbite, just slightly, and a small defined chin. To me that's more proof his jaw was broken.

I agree, it matches up with what you'd see from the neckline of a pullover shirt. When that article was first posted, you could click on it and then again to get a very large image (took up most of the screen). That is why I could see the ligature mark so well. Now, they've altered something so all you see is a small image, it no longer enlarges.

ETA: nvm, I see that I can enlarge just by hitting the 'increase font size' button on the browser.

Calliope, Irfanview is free and very easy to use to manipulate pictures. The + button will enlarge. Under Image, try Auto Correct, Sharpen, Negative. Undo any filter you apply with the button that has a curved roundish arrow pointing to the left.

http://irfanview.com/

Oh God. I almost wish I hadn't done that.

There is something wrong with his right shoulder/arm/hand. That's not a natural position; his right shoulder is elevated and appears swollen.. and his hand. He's guarding; I think that *advertiser censored* may have broken his collarbone or dislocated his shoulder. You can see how swollen his left eye and brow is and the eye is open only a slit and appears sunken. That could be a fractured orbit, or just relative to the swelling surrounding the eye and forehead. And I don't know if it's just the quality of the image, but there appears to be something draining down from his left eye to just below his glasses, which aren't fitting properly over his eyes due to the swelling of his face and head. At this angle, it's hard to determine how badly his forehead and eye are swollen, but enough to significantly elevate his left brow.

I also notice is holding Ethan's left hand down against the controller with his thumb.

I'm shaking uncontrollably here. Seriously.

Calliope, Irfanview is free and very easy to use to manipulate pictures. The + button will enlarge. Under Image, try Auto Correct, Sharpen, Negative. Undo any filter you apply with the button that has a curved roundish arrow pointing to the left.

http://irfanview.com/

I have irfanview, but I can't BeanE. I just can't. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry I did it too. That poor little boy. I have no words.

I know. Sorry I wasn't clear. If you right click the photo in the story and open as a link, you can then click it again to zoom in and make it even larger than the one you posted. Did that make sense?

The smaller version was horrific enough..I can't take the zoom..I feel like :sick:

I've never wanted perp/s to pay for what they did as much as these 2 EVIL ones!

:furious::furious::furious:

In the "olden days" I can see why vigilantes didn't wait for the hangin' judge. :(

<putting myself in a thread time out>

I agree, Calliope. I think his jaw is broken as well.

This is just too much.

I just can't take it. This is too much for me to even comprehend. I pray to God above Joe NEVER sees this photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966