Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #19 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The images were verbally described in an exhibit (?) or similar, to one of the documents provided by FOIA, where people (paraphrase) were saying "for God's sake whatever you do, don't look at the full version and read the description of the perversions".

Dear God.

ETA: I think a link to the Crimes/Spotlight on Children thread is worth a go for those who do work those threads here...

Crimes-Spotlight on Children

I can show them all if you want. I just didn't want to as it is disturbing and may upset some people. I can definitely show it all though if you/others wish. I will just place a trigger warning first.

What are you offering to do here? The charging documents (for a reason) do not contain the images. Only descriptions. One would usually say "cut and paste" descriptions. Please don't do either. If the court doesn't, neither should you.

And if the court does, let those who want to read about it do so, but trigger warnings, always. It's awful stuff and people who don't work in LE or forensics or medical examination don't need to have those pictures in their heads.

I would say no. This is the definition: Forcible Sexual Abuse § 76-5-404

(1) An individual commits forcible sexual abuse if the victim is 14 years of age or older and, under circumstances not amounting to rape, object rape, forcible sodomy, or attempted rape or forcible sodomy, the actor touches the anus, buttocks, pubic area, or any part of the genitals of another, or touches the breast of a female, or otherwise takes indecent liberties with another, with intent to cause substantial emotional or bodily pain to any individual or with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any individual, without the consent of the other, regardless of the sex of any participant.

(cont.)

Suspect accused in murder of U of U student MacKenzie Lueck charged with abusing another woman he met on dating app | Gephardt Daily
[...]

The probable cause statement says the woman then attempted to stop Ajayi and get away, but he got on top of her and pinned her down on the couch, against her will.

Ajayi then placed his hand on her thigh, and began grinding against her, pressing his male organ between her legs, over her clothing, the statement says.

Ajayi pulled the woman’s shirt up and her bra down, the woman told police. He grabbed the woman’s left breast, and began biting, she said. The woman said she was bitten three times on the nipple and breast, which caused her significant pain and left bruising and bite marks, she said.

[...]
Thanks for the definition. The actual description of what this woman experienced is horrible. She's fortunate to have gotten away from him. I wonder if he threatened her if she reported it.

Not sure if this Daily Beast article was posted. Seems to have more details

Man Accused of Murdering Mackenzie Lueck Sexually Abused Another Woman: Authorities
I've not been keeping up with this case like I had because another case on here has absorbed almost all my energy and attention.

But I found this quote interesting:
"Phone records show Lueck started texting with Ajayi one day prior and sent her last text to him before 3 a.m., County District Attorney Sim Gill previously said."

That sounds like ML's phone contact with AA only predated her likely first meeting with him by a day. Has that been confirmed elsewhere? (Sorry if I'm slow on the uptake and am only now catching on to something that's been widely reported.)

What are you offering to do here? The charging documents (for a reason) do not contain the images. Only descriptions. One would usually say "cut and paste" descriptions. Please don't do either. If the court doesn't, neither should you.

And if the court does, let those who want to read about it do so, but trigger warnings, always. It's awful stuff and people who don't work in LE or forensics or medical examination don't need to have those pictures in their heads.

Understood. Also note that the new court document based on this new charge has been released now as well so it is available (from today).

It occurred to me today that we likely never will know how many victims AA left behind in Nigeria and possibly elsewhere in the world, and those who survived likely will never know that he finally is facing justice. :(

@Mspionage , I had not heard about his ties and possible leadership in the local Resist movement. If true this has chilling implications, although I take any of his claims to playing an important role anywhere with a stupendous grain of salt.

Unfortunately (or perhaps serendipitously?) I can no longer access his FB or Meetup pages, as they appear to have been scrubbed or deleted entirely and I don't have them cached, so I can only go on what I remember of their content from when he was first named as a POI. I wish I'd had the foresight to take a few screenshots of his likes and interests and other info for current and future reference. Newbie sleuth mistake. :oops:

I have them archived somewhere around here, likely on my offline computer. So if anyone needs them eventually I will just go transfer them to this computer and post them as, you're right, the active sites look scrubbed now so archive versions are likely all that exist. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
It occurred to me today that we likely never will know how many victims AA left behind in Nigeria and possibly elsewhere in the world, and those who survived likely will never know that he finally is facing justice. :(

@Mspionage , I had not heard about his ties and possible leadership in the local Resist movement. If true this has chilling implications, although I take any of his claims to playing an important role anywhere with a stupendous grain of salt.

Unfortunately (or perhaps serendipitously?) I can no longer access his FB or Meetup pages, as they appear to have been scrubbed or deleted entirely and I don't have them cached, so I can only go on what I remember of their content from when he was first named as a POI. I wish I'd had the foresight to take a few screenshots of his likes and interests and other info for current and future reference. Newbie sleuth mistake. :oops:

If I remember rightly, people said that his being named a leader of the Resist meetup group didn’t mean anything—that the way it was set up, every member was a ‘leader.’ I do think he was a member in order to look for prey, though.

MOO

The charge in the case anyone wants to see the exact legal language on it:

76-5a-3. Sexual exploitation of a minor -- Offenses.
(1) A person is guilty of sexual exploitation of a minor:
(a) when the person knowingly produces, distributes, possesses, or possesses with intent to distribute, child *advertiser censored*; or
(b) if the person is a minor's parent or legal guardian and knowingly consents to or permits that minor to be sexually exploited under Subsection (1)(a).
(2) Sexual exploitation of a minor is a felony of the second degree.
(3) It is a separate offense under this section:
(a) for each minor depicted, and if more than one minor is depicted in the child *advertiser censored* in violation of this section, the depiction of each individual minor in the child *advertiser censored* is a separate offense; and
(b) each time the same minor is depicted in different child *advertiser censored*.
(4) It is an affirmative defense to a charge of violating this section that no person under 18 years of age was actually depicted in the visual depiction or used in producing or advertising the visual depiction.
This citation is incorrect. Looks like Justia and is out of date by about 13 years. 2006 Utah Code - 76-5a-3 — Sexual exploitation of a minor -- Offenses.

*****WARNING - GRAPHIC LANGUAGE*****
From the Probable Cause Statement - § 76-5b-201(1)a, Effective 5/14/2019 :

https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title76/Chapter5b/76-5b-S201.html

Last edited:

Now that you mention this, I think I may have taken screenshots. Because iirc when I first saw it it wasn’t legal here on WS because he had not been officially named by LE...I know I remember “bisexuality” and “couples” listed on his list of interests, moo.

I’m really not in the mood to look for them now, I’ve had enough of talking about this disgusting individual but making a note anyway to take a look later.

ETA: SM screenshots aren’t allowed anyway.

Last edited:
(Whoops sorry for double post)

I've not been keeping up with this case like I had because another case on here has absorbed almost all my energy and attention.

But I found this quote interesting:
"Phone records show Lueck started texting with Ajayi one day prior and sent her last text to him before 3 a.m., County District Attorney Sim Gill previously said."

That sounds like ML's phone contact with AA only predated her likely first meeting with him by a day. Has that been confirmed elsewhere? (Sorry if I'm slow on the uptake and am only now catching on to something that's been widely reported.)

That’s a good catch. As far as I recall from the PC and DA Gill himself, it was not released how long they knew each other. Again this is Iirc and Moo, if I’m wrong on this I apologize but I thoooought those details were not answered as far as if she only just met him recently or had known him longer (than a day). I’m thinking this quote perhaps references the recent contact, not over a long period of time, if I’m understanding your question correctly. Sorry if I’m not explaining this clearly.

Last edited:
(Whoops sorry for double post)

That’s a good catch. As far as I recall from the PC and DA Gill himself, it was not released how long they knew each other. Again this is Iirc and Moo, off in wrong on this I apologize but I thoooougnt those details were not answered. I’m thinking this references that particular meeting, not over a long period of time.
That makes sense--thank you! :)

<modsnip - quoted post was edited>

—-—

Here’s a recent article on untested rape kits in Utah:

Five years after rape kit backlog controversy, Salt Lake police celebrate 'huge strides'

“While officials on the state level are still working their way through the statewide backlog, Salt Lake City completed processing its 10-year backlog of 768 kits last summer. And now, Salt Lake police are not only processing the kits in a timely manner, but have also made "dramatic changes in the way we respond to and investigate sexual assaults."”

(I think I’ve posted this article before, sounds familiar..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, there tends to be a pattern of escalating behavior that leads up to murder.

We now know of two sexual assaults, and I’m sure there are more.

Most crimes like that go unreported.
Remember the ex-roommates who said that women would come to his house and wouldn't leave his room for days? Sounds like he wouldn't allow them to leave. If their reports are correct - that there was constantly a parade of women - there may be a whole lot more coming forward.

Sounds like rape to me. It’s all “_____”, forgot the word, similar to “jargon”. (ETA: “po-TAY-to, “po-TAW-to”, that kind of thing...)

ETA: I believe the word I was thinking of is “semantics”, but clearly there is a legal differentiation. Rape, abuse, assault, same thing though when it really all comes down to it, moo. These I guess are like “synonyms”, not mutually exclusive. Whatever the case maybe @gitana1 can shed some light.
I agree about the semantics.. There must be some very detailed law in Utah considering the sexual abuse is a second-degree offense and not first-degree. They should all be first-degree offenses if it's against a minor or against someone's will, period.

I hear ya...

I just wonder about this after the fact business over a year later strictly from a legal stand point (of course I believe her a thousand percent, I’m just saying), from a prosecutor’s standpoint can someone go to the cops over a year later and with zero proof (say there’s no proof here) and then the cops/DA still file charges? And if the answer is no, that they would need sooooomething to proceed, would AA’s now known history account for some sort of special circumstance in this regard?

ETA, Qmfr, I apologize this post should have said “IMO” or be phrased as a question. Seems I was suuuure one would have to have soooomethhing. Again OF COURSE I believe this victim, just curious...

(Ugh how embarrassing, I meant “hearsay”)

Perhaps the victim took pictures of her injuries and it is time stamped? She may also have told someone else who may have been a witness to her relationship with AA and knew of the date.

Domestic Violence experts say this could prompt other victims--if there are any--to speak out.

"If there are more out there, then they will feel encouraged by the strength in numbers," Sonia Salari with the Utah Domestic Violence Coalition told 2News.

Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill told 2News that reporting incidents is extremely important.

"You never know what information you may give that might be helpful in a future matter," he said.
New charges against accused killer could prompt others to speak out, authorities say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member