Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as the individual not picking her up at the airport, I don’t see that as sinister behavior. The airport is under construction right now, and last time I was there it was just a mess to drive through. Just easier to Lyft and it’s cheap. Perhaps that person said just take a Lyft to my town and we will go from there. And ML thought that place seems safe, false sense of security too being less than a block away from the police station.

And add that the freeway onramps at the airports is a mess. They are under construction as well.

I thought the same thing. I know most college students are casual dressers, but that sounds more like she was going to do yoga than going on a fancy date. Assuming this was a date of some sort, where would she be excited to go at 3 in the morning that would call for comfy clothing such as leggings and a tee shirt? Could she be going hiking somewhere remote to watch the sunrise? Google says the sunrise for the SLC area on June 17 was at 5:56 AM. Or perhaps she was taking a drive a couple hours away for an outdoor activity. Could she have planned on taking a private plane with someone from a smaller airport? There is Skypark Airport not far from NSL: https://www.skyparkutah.com/
Or maybe this was not a date as many have been assuming. Maybe she was meeting someone to do yoga/workout or to study for her upcoming exam?
Tee shirt and leggings just makes me think either she wasy told to wear comfortable clothing or she was planning to hang out very casually, perhaps with a friend, not a date.
MOO.
Apologies if this is a little blunt, but...if a guy is making arrangements to meet a young woman in a park at 3am, I don't think he gives a flip what her outfit looks like. He just wants to get her there.

jmo

The more I think about my last off handed comment the more it makes logical sense to me in terms of LE being tight lipped, here’s why:

*quick summary of what I said: I wondered if LE isn’t waiting for warrants for MLs social media accounts/phones/etc but rather already HAVE access/info from her social media accounts due to friends giving them access. Maybe they are waiting for a warrant to get information about another user on the platform who wasn’t using their legal name and can do so by getting a warrant and receiving backend info from the social media companies*

If this is the case it would make sense why LE has been tight lipped. They wouldn’t want to tip their hand and let anyone knows they have an idea of who she is with. Perhaps because they think she is in danger but not harmed. If they have this kind of information: it takes time for companies to release their legal info due to a lot of necessary/unnecessary red tape.

Just a thought, MOO. But a possibility for sure. Warrants/subpoenas like this would fit the facts of this case a little more IMO.

Absolutely agree. I am Kenzie's age and leggings and a t-shirt to me do not indicate I am going to see someone I am romantically interested in UNLESS I am really comfortable with them and I don't feel the need to get dressed up. Kenzie was into fashion and had lots of cute clothes so this seems very underwhelming if this was a new love interest. Although there has been speculation that maybe she changed at the airport? So maybe it's not the outfit she left the airport in.

Yes. LE has been coy about what she was wearing in the Lyft, as if it was different than what she was observed wearing in the airport.

So interesting to hear from you all about the precautions you take. I’m definitely reevaluating how I function.

I tend to be more like ML seems to be. I don’t know if it’s because my profession I am very aware of crime and crime rates so I have a false sense of safety, or because I grew up in a large city (Chicago), or because I’m guarded but I don’t have near the precautions of many of you.

I have two social media accounts, one public and professional, the other private and personal. They don’t mix. I live alone and rarely let anyone know when I’m going somewhere, meeting up with someone, or even leaving town. I would freak out if anyone had access to my passwords or accounts (banking and otherwise). But I don’t know why I feel that way. I think I relate a bit to ML and part of why I operate how I do is that I don’t like burdening anyone with my life. Perhaps she felt the same?

All MOO

Compartmentalization is probably a good way to describe this type of behavior.

We all do it to some extent, but some take it to more of an extreme.

My impression is that ML may be someone who does quite a bit of compartmentalization r/t different aspects of her life.

If true, this would in part explain why none of her friends knew about the NSL arrangements and are at a loss to explain it.

That behavior is not representative of the ML that her university friends and family know.

JMO.

Last edited:
Last night I was considering the type of person who would be readily available to meet at 3am.

Today, I'm thinking in a completely new direction. I think this person planned to harm ML and therefore was up late because those were his specific plans. Or, he was up late trolling online and they hooked up while she was at the airport.

Either way, I think he is a perp who was looking for a victim and he got her to come to him. Doesn't matter what his job was- he was willing to be in the park at 3am.
(Snipped)
I think she "trusted" him because other online encounters had gone well and she assumed this one would too.

Speculation only.
jmo
I’m right there with you today. I think she was lured to the park for nefarious reasons. Hope we’re wrong. Wonder where that “trust” came from? Was she playing a submissive role?

Absolutely agree. I am Kenzie's age and leggings and a t-shirt to me do not indicate I am going to see someone I am romantically interested in UNLESS I am really comfortable with them and I don't feel the need to get dressed up. Kenzie was into fashion and had lots of cute clothes so this seems very underwhelming if this was a new love interest. Although there has been speculation that maybe she changed at the airport? So maybe it's not the outfit she left the airport in.
It's been posted that the leggings and t-shirt were the last items she was seen in, so I don't think she changed at the airport.

She would look adorable in anything so I'm really not putting much into the outfit for a 3am meeting straight from the airport. I don't think she was expecting to go anyplace where her clothing would matter. And I don't think the unknown person she was meeting would care what she was wearing, as long as she just showed up.

JMOpinion

Ok, something that has bugged me from the start, so to speak.

From various posts, her residence to this park- I have seen from 12 minutes to 20 minutes away from her home? Is that correct?

I don't understand why she didn't go straight home, drop off her luggage, and drive herself to meet that person.

Of course, we can assume that this person was probably going to drop her off later on, or she thought so, at least.

Also, speaking of why she didn't go to her residence- why didn't this person pick her up at her residence instead, after she dropped off her luggage?
I'm assuming the person had a specific reason for picking her up at the park rather than her home and that reason is because he did not want to be identified. Imo

Thinking about the 3am meet-up...

We know what time her flight actually landed, but do we know what time it was scheduled to arrive? And who the carrier was? I’m wondering if the meet-up only became necessary because they had someplace else they wanted/needed to be at a certain time. Meeting at some mid-point could be the easiest way to get back on schedule.

If the flight was at all late there’s likely to be electronic communications between ML and the POI regarding that. But it’s also possible that the 3am time was pre-arranged and that’s why she spent as much time at the airport as she did after arriving.

In fact, I would expect that since she texted her parents that she had landed that there is a similar text to the POI immediately before or after. Phone records will tell all. Even if there is a second phone it can probably be identified by proximity, especially at that hour in the airport.

1:35 a.m. ML's flight landed in SLC
2:01 a.m. ML texted her mother
2:42 a.m. Lyft taken from airport
2:59 a.m. Lyft arrived at Hatch Park

I'm wondering if LE (hopefully!) does in fact have her phone data, because how does LE know ML summoned a Lyft - and input Hatch Park as her destination within the Lyft app - without her phone info?

Did the Lyft driver came forward voluntarily, and tell LE "I recognize the woman you're looking for. I gave her a Lyft ride, and here's the information I have related to that ride."?

I'm wondering if LE (hopefully!) does in fact have her phone data, because how does LE know ML summoned a Lyft - and input Hatch Park as her destination within the Lyft app - without her phone info?

Did the Lyft driver came forward voluntarily, and tell LE "I recognize the woman you're looking for. I gave her a Lyft ride, and here's the information I have related to that ride."?

It is my understanding that Lyft (both the driver and the company) have been working with LE since ML was reported missing almost. If that is true (which based on all MSM reports it seems to be), then LE would probably have access via Lyft the company to both sides of the record: Driver and ML.

Totally agree. It is so important to give someone in your life access to either your phone location via maps OR carrier login. My mom and sister have my AT&T account log in. It may seem crazy but we live in crazy times. If I go missing, there is no such thing as waiting for warrants to access my phone account. In an instant, they could see who I was communicating with. Phones go dead which means pinging to determination a location is only good for X amount of time. Can you imagine how much further this case would be if Kenzie's mom could log into whatever carrier she uses and see what #s she communicated with once she landed?
My 31 year old daughter is still on our family wireless plan, and pays us her monthly portion. She is single and lives alone in another state. She certainly takes risks with meeting people online, but it gives me a little comfort to know that I can at least get to her phone records if I needed to.

I thought the same thing. I know most college students are casual dressers, but that sounds more like she was going to do yoga than going on a fancy date. Assuming this was a date of some sort, where would she be excited to go at 3 in the morning that would call for comfy clothing such as leggings and a tee shirt? Could she be going hiking somewhere remote to watch the sunrise? Google says the sunrise for the SLC area on June 17 was at 5:56 AM. Or perhaps she was taking a drive a couple hours away for an outdoor activity. Could she have planned on taking a private plane with someone from a smaller airport? There is Skypark Airport not far from NSL: https://www.skyparkutah.com/
Or maybe this was not a date as many have been assuming. Maybe she was meeting someone to do yoga/workout or to study for her upcoming exam?
Tee shirt and leggings just makes me think either she was told to wear comfortable clothing or she was planning to hang out very casually, perhaps with a friend, not a date.
MOO.
Well, she had just been on a plane so she may have been wearing that outfit for comfort.
Lots of women wear leggings and they can be worn casually or dressed up.
She also may have changed at the airport.
I would guess the description of what she was wearing came from either her parents, video surveillance, or the Lyft driver. Imo

Her friends and family knew she took one to the airport so they knew she would have to have taken one back as well so LE contacted Lyft and they were very quick to assist them in identifying where she went.

It is my understanding that Lyft (both the driver and the company) have been working with LE since ML was reported missing almost. If that is true (which based on all MSM reports it seems to be), then LE would probably have access via Lyft the company to both sides of the record: Driver and ML.
or perhaps in her text to her mom when she landed she mentioned she was going to use Lyft to leave the airport?

She did meet someone at a park in the middle of the night rather than go home, so she took a risk. In this case, that risk led to her disappearance. Risky behavior means a higher probability that something could go wrong, but it is exciting when it doesn't.

If this is someone that she knows and is comfortable with, why didn't they meet at her house, the other person's house, a public restaurant? There's a reason that she met this person at an isolated location in the middle of the night, and nothing about it says "friends that know each other" or that everything is on the level.
Most venues wold be closed at that hour. Except maybe a 24 hour diner or fast food place.

Tee shirt and leggings just makes me think either she was told to wear comfortable clothing or she was planning to hang out very casually, perhaps with a friend, not a date.
MOO.
Forgive me. I am trying desperately to keep up with this thread, but I missed where this clothing description is coming from. Can someone please fill me in? Thank you.

I’m right there with you today. I think she was lured to the park for nefarious reasons. Hope we’re wrong. Wonder where that “trust” came from? Was she playing a submissive role?

I think this trust came from a previous in-person encounter.

I can’t imagine her just chatting with some guy online, and then meeting him at a park at 3 am.

If you meet enough people this way, you are bound to have a negative encounter or two, and I think she’d be too savvy for this to be a first time meetup.

She didn’t have to “know” this guy, but I do think she had been face to face with him before.

Apologies if this is a little blunt, but...if a guy is making arrangements to meet a young woman in a park at 3am, I don't think he gives a flip what her outfit looks like. He just wants to get her there.

jmo

I agree that HE might not care but I can't see her not caring what she looks like if it was a date. JMO.

I know she missed one or more midterm exams and her flight back to LA

Do we know why she was returning to LA? Was her semester over and she was planning to back for the summer?

Was she meeting someone that night/morning because she was leaving for a while and wouldn't be back until fall?
No, I think she was enrolled for the summer. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member