Found Deceased UT - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me. I am trying desperately to keep up with this thread, but I missed where this clothing description is coming from. Can someone please fill me in? Thank you.
Here's one source:

Mackenzie Speth Lueck
NamUs #MP58257

Original

Missing Age 23 Years
Current Age 23 Years
Nickname/Alias Kenzie
Sex Female
Height 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 145 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Hair Color Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color Brown
Other distinctive physical characteristic Possible Henna tattoo of dream catcher in the middle of her back
Clothing Black leggings, white t-shirt (peace sign on shirt)
Footwear Rainbow sandals
Date of Last Contact June 17, 2019
NamUs Case Created June 23, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Salt Lake City, Utah
County Salt Lake County

Circumstances of Disappearance Mackenzie was last known to be at the Salt Lake City International Airport around 1:01 AM. She left the airport in a ride share vehicle and was dropped off at Hatch Park in North Salt Lake.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

JMO, but if the meet-up person was wearing baggy clothes and/or a baseball cap, for example, maybe the Lyft driver told LE "I'm pretty sure it was a man, but not 100%, because I didn't hear his/her voice," then maybe LE doesn't want to disclose info they can't confirm 100%. Seems like they have a similar situation with the meet-up driver's car (i.e., can't confirm make/model 100% yet).

I wonder if the park has lights? I did quick google map street view glance and it doesn't appear that the parking lot does, which could explain why the car make & model and person's description wasn't of profound remembrance. If the Lyft driver wasn't really paying attention to these details, as well as it being pitch black out, I could see how these details went unnoticed. Of course, as you mentioned, I am sure LE is purposely withholding pertinent details.

Attachments

• parking.JPG
    parking.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 16
I’m right there with you today. I think she was lured to the park for nefarious reasons. Hope we’re wrong. Wonder where that “trust” came from? Was she playing a submissive role?
That being said, even though the park is deserted you cannot legally be at the park at that hour. You also risk having a cop drive by as it’s literally kitty-korner from the NSL police station. Seems like an odd place to meet up if you intend to cause harm. There are so many other places in NSL where you won’t see cops, just seems like an unneeded risk.

And many hotels will turn off their vacancy sign after about midnight, so it might be worthwhile LE checking on any motels in the area that had someone trying to check in after 2 or 3 am
Yes, and they lock the doors so anyone checking in after about 11pm or 12am has to knock or ring bell to be allowed in. DS works for a Marriott and works the night shift so I worried and he told me the doors get locked at a certain time.

or perhaps in her text to her mom when she landed she mentioned she was going to use Lyft to leave the airport?

Of course she could have done that too, but either way we know that Lyft and the driver have both been in contact and working with LE. And said in their (LE) presser that this is why they knew about the Park. So either way, LE has access to both sides of the input through the Lyft app, which I am sure they looked at from ML and from the driver. This is also likely why the driver is not a POI because I imagine LE looked and the drivers prior and post trips while having access via Lyft.

*edited to clarify the presser from LE

Ok, something that has bugged me from the start, so to speak.

From various posts, her residence to this park- I have seen from 12 minutes to 20 minutes away from her home? Is that correct?

I don't understand why she didn't go straight home, drop off her luggage, and drive herself to meet that person.

Of course, we can assume that this person was probably going to drop her off later on, or she thought so, at least.

Also, speaking of why she didn't go to her residence- why didn't this person pick her up at her residence instead, after she dropped off her luggage?
VERY GOOD POINTS! Would lend to the belief that either the person lived near the park OR the park was the safest place for a hook up. For all we know her plan was to take another Lyft after whatever the intent of the meetup was happened.

I’m right there with you today. I think she was lured to the park for nefarious reasons. Hope we’re wrong. Wonder where that “trust” came from? Was she playing a submissive role?
I think the trust was there, to meet an unknown person, because she had met unknown persons in the past and nothing bad happened.

And to lure a young woman, I'm sure the unknown person said/texted all the right things.

But as soon he didn't insist on picking her up at the airport, I wish she would've refused to meet such a cad. Sorry, not buying the road construction as a reason not to get her. If a beautiful young woman is willing to meet someone at 3am, I think that someone would be more than willing to fetch her from the airport. It's hardly a hardship....but does put you under bright lights and cameras.

jmo

I am feeling badly for all who know and love ML but my heart breaks for her sorority sisters- I am sure this has been so hard on them particularly if they had called her phone when she had not arrived home and found it turned off- easy to assume she met up with someone is busy and doesn't want to be bothered by a phone call and I totally understand them not wanting to alert her parents- what in the world would they say? She went on a date or met up with someone she knows or may not know and never came home- it just opens up pandoras box trying to explain without facts. I am hopeful for a positive outcome but if there is not one these poor sorority sisters will have such remorse and live with the coulda woulda shouldas- nothing I wish on anyone!!! Prayers for ML her sisters her family and all who know and care for her!!!

ok, my sleuthing led me to download the Venmo app. Her profile is public. She paid someone 9d ago. It doesn’t say the exact time. She has paid this person before. This person only has 4 other friends. Do we think LE knows this?

I am hoping that they confirm male/female of the person she met at the park, his/her description, a vehicle description, release the airport surveillance video, and clear up whether or not there has been any contact by police with LM in the past - vpo's, etc. MOO
I’m trying to think back with the Kelsey Berreth case, how long after she was reported missing did we see the Safeway surveillance footage?

Though in that case, there was a known (unofficial) POI early on, perhaps with the unknown nature of this “meet up” person, LE will be slower to release certain evidence?

I don’t know, but I hope the slow release of info., doesn’t hurt the investigation (fading of witness memories, area surveillance footage self deleting etc.) MOO

So interesting to hear from you all about the precautions you take. I’m definitely reevaluating how I function.

I tend to be more like ML seems to be. I don’t know if it’s because my profession I am very aware of crime and crime rates so I have a false sense of safety, or because I grew up in a large city (Chicago), or because I’m guarded but I don’t have near the precautions of many of you.

I have two social media accounts, one public and professional, the other private and personal. They don’t mix. I live alone and rarely let anyone know when I’m going somewhere, meeting up with someone, or even leaving town. I would freak out if anyone had access to my passwords or accounts (banking and otherwise). But I don’t know why I feel that way. I think I relate a bit to ML and part of why I operate how I do is that I don’t like burdening anyone with my life. Perhaps she felt the same?

All MOO
Please consider trusting someone with relevant info to help find you if it’s ever needed. At least leave it somewhere in your home in a sealed envelope?

The discussion of teenage girls hitchhiking came up in one of the UID threads recently. Would you ever hitchhike alone? It was fairly common back in the 1970’s. There is not much difference between hitchhiking and blindly meeting someone from online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand