Found Deceased UT - Michael Cavallari, 30, Grand County, 27 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If he was lost and wandering and became immobile from a fall, how long would he have suffered out there?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...track-coyote-country.html?ito=social-facebook

Poor guy. As most of us suspected: he died in the desert. Very little info given.

Oh man :( I bet he saw light and walked that direction. That's the direction I thought he might have gone in (and the fact that he went towards water...I think our bodies naturally gravitate towards water even if we don't know it's happening). This is the best picture google satellite images put up in the area that the map on the above link indicated, just for an idea of the area. Though it says he was found at the bottom of the salt wash cliff so the terrain would be less red and more white than this photo.

MC in UT.jpg

And I'm just so glad they found him. Good job to SAR

With the news coming in, it sounds like he became disoriented (not taking his cellphone, laptop, shut off car, walk in pitch black darkness a good 3 miles in the cold) and definitely tired out from driving and not sleeping. I'm surprised he was found so far away (or I don't walk much). Such a shame, if he just stayed in the car.

:rose: RIP Michael - I know u are in a better place and finally at peace. :rose:

And if he had stayed in his car he would have been fine and found the next morning. I truly think he crashed, probably sat for a bit, and decided to go walk for help. Instead of taking the long road, he thought he would just cut across the desert and save time. He came to the cliff, thought it was passable or plain just didn't see it, slipped and fell.

http://www.grandcountyutah.net/896/Michael-Cavallari

The sheriff's map of where Michael was found show him to be southwest about 2 miles from his car, in a wash which joins Floy Wash.

It may take 2 months for autopsy results but no foul play is suspected. So to get to that spot, Michael walked back into the desert, from where he had just turned his Honda around. He may have taken the dirt road during the pre-dawn, and then did some rock scrambling when it was light. I wonder if his going back into the desert was due to paranoia. There are similarities to Teleka Patrick.

Ah there's drone footage! Very interesting.

TMZ is reporting that it seems he succumbed to the elements:

Snipped:

It appears Kristin Cavallari's brother did not commit suicide, and most likely died simply from exposure to the elements ... according to law enforcement.
Michael Cavallari's body was found 3 miles from where his car wrecked in the high desert of Grand County, Utah. Law enforcement sources tell us there were no signs of major trauma and no suicide note. Cops did not find any evidence of drugs or alcohol either.
We're told temperatures in the area were frigid -- in the teens at night and 30s during the day -- and the operating theory is that's what killed Cavallari.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/12/11/kristin-cavallari-brother-michael-death-cold-weather/#ixzz3u2OZohzA

If he reported missing as soon as he was missing, could he have been found alive? That would haunt me for all my days. Such a lonely death. R.I.P.

If he reported missing as soon as he was missing, could he have been found alive? That would haunt me for all my days. Such a lonely death. R.I.P.

I don't think so. If he died of hypothermia, he probably passed away before his family even knew he was missing. Having let the authorities know a few days later didn't change anything, IMO.

Say, anyone know where I can read up on what it is like to be in the mind of a schizophrenic or manic when they are in deep paranoia? Do they run? Do they hide?

IMHO, Mike went back into the pitch black desert using Ruby Ranch Road right after his crash around 6 am. He chose to not head to the gas collection station right in front of him or the interstate from which he turned off of. There might have been even some light pollution coming from the interstate which would serve as a guide.

But Mike chose to head into the darkness. He walked/ran Ruby Ranch Road, turned right up the Salt Wash more-primitive spur road around 7 am when the morning light came. And then scrambled the rocks.

The things he did were not rational. The things he did seem borne out of fear, a desire to escape, and a need to hide.

Say, anyone know where I can read up on what it is like to be in the mind of a schizophrenic or manic when they are in deep paranoia? Do they run? Do they hide?

IMHO, Mike went back into the pitch black desert using Ruby Ranch Road right after his crash around 6 am. He chose to not head to the gas collection station right in front of him or the interstate from which he turned off of. There might have been even some light pollution coming from the interstate which would serve as a guide.

But Mike chose to head into the darkness. He walked/ran Ruby Ranch Road, turned right up the Salt Wash more-primitive spur road around 7 am when the morning light came. And then scrambled the rocks.

The things he did were not rational. The things he did seem borne out of fear, a desire to escape, and a need to hide.

I think if Michael was paranoid (not manic), he would have stayed in his car with the doors locked.

I think what you are saying is true for someone who wasn't exhausted and just in an accident. Depending on how hard he hit the airbags, how tired he was, he could have been delusional. If he had a concussion, he could have seen "bright lights" or something else that made him think he was going the right way. The cold weather wouldn't help that, either. I'm not sure how much of this was choices vs. "injury choices".

Hi guys

I just heard a piece about this. But I am 357 posts behind. Is there anyway one of you would give me a sketch - 357 posts is a lot

I would be gratefull! like basics i kfnow about a gun thats domestic violence not ok , an arrest and some jail time , clinically that takes me to suicide, but that is ruled out ,, not sure if a car filled up reasonably th gas, still running, would not lead me to turn on the heat, if i can walk , i can turn on the heat and hope

I can I am a retired liscensed mental health provider , after 17 years. They actually can be more scary than psycotic , cause they can move to where "I" am after them .

I rearranged my chairs, to where I could be to the door faster than them- never put youself in a corner. Pls notice they have peroids where they can "appear" reasonably ok .....

[video=youtube;zA1hyqA6UTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA1hyqA6UTY[/video]

they can be scary........... of homeland security delusional truly belives that however

he is groomed if you passed him on the street most are clueless that this is avery disturbed mentally ill , sadly individual ......

this is public deal, clincally you would try to descalte them before they got to the end of the video sometimes you could sometimes you could not ....depended on how long they had been seeing you actually

they often , after being drugged to death, would feel remorse

ixated Joh Walsh, just like planned pant hood - no real clue - Dear saw something on tv nd he became fixated on baby parts -- did he have a clue nope this was not a educated person n abortion, this was a parnoid person ho eneded up fixated on baby parts

I've read many times that people that are lost in the wilderness are often found "up", at a higher elevation, then where they were last seen. I wonder if he walked or ran for a few miles on the road and then climbed to a higher elevation to get a look around once the sun rose and fell off a cliff.

What exactly is a drone? Perhaps someone can help me understand.
It is a little flying machine that records and is remote controlled. You can Google videos of them. They're great to cover land quickly and where a human might have trouble.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

http://www.grandcountyutah.net/896/Michael-Cavallari

The sheriff's map of where Michael was found show him to be southwest about 2 miles from his car, in a wash which joins Floy Wash.

It may take 2 months for autopsy results but no foul play is suspected. So to get to that spot, Michael walked back into the desert, from where he had just turned his Honda around. He may have taken the dirt road during the pre-dawn, and then did some rock scrambling when it was light. I wonder if his going back into the desert was due to paranoia. There are similarities to Teleka Patrick.

Thank you for this link. The drone footage was really helpful in understanding the terrain. I am not used to seeing this kind of land here in the Mid Atlantic region. It looks so brown, rocky and desolate.

I hope Michael has found peace at long last.

I lost my brother when I was 23 and he was 30. Was my first major death I had to deal with. Never would I have thought what would come over the years.
My brother was amazing. His name is John. He was my hero my only sibling. He was 7 years older then me and he was an awesome big brother. He protected me at all times possible. He taught me. My parents loved him. I loved him. He was an alcoholic and made bad choices. I was embarrassed as were others that loved him. He left us for a work job. He died on that job site from brain anniyersum. He was suffering from headaches for weeks which came out weeks later from his girlfriend and friends. I miss him. No one will love me like he did. He was my older brother. My protector. My guide. He was awesome. I miss him. I wish I wasn't embarrassed. I wish I helped him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my brother when he was 20 and I was 25. I understand your pain so acutely. God Bless You. Hugs....

I don't think so. If he died of hypothermia, he probably passed away before his family even knew he was missing. Having let the authorities know a few days later didn't change anything, IMO.

But wasn't his car found that morning? He was seen at the gas station at 330, car found at 730. If a car is found running and obviously damaged from hitting something, wouldn't SAR respond immediately? He was only out there a short time before they found his car, he very well could have been alive and helped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98
Back