Found Deceased UT - REMAINS FOUND - MacKenzie "Kenzie" Lueck, 23, Salt Lake City, 17 June 2019 #13 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also read he said he had been in touch with LE since the beginning. Giving them the same info. And it came to pass, his worst fears had happened. This person AA was not a stranger in that circle. I think they all knew him and his little house of horrors!! jmo
Yes, which I believe because LE usually asks witnesses not to talk about details of the case.
He stopped short of giving specifics whereas the cleaning lady has done several interviews about all the cameras in all the rooms.
I'm sure LE has interviewed the guest who was staying there as well. Imo

Are you thinking he had it planned on June 3 to do his evil deed?

MOO maybe planning on possibly killing a woman but didn't have a woman targeted yet. Looked for what he believed would be someone that wouldn't be looked for too hard.
If ML was estranged from family and friends, a SB without the support system ML had, that SB's disappearance may have not been investigated to this degree, the case dropped down to waiting status pending additional info to develop.
If there was a premeditated plan like that, even with errors he made it could have worked, if not for the family and sorority's media push.

The report from Ashley Kewish begins with this:

"A man came up to me and identified himself as a friend of Mackenzie's. He was visibly shaken, angry, crying. He asked us if we knew where the suspect was being taken because quote unquote he wanted to see him face-to-face for himself."

If the person said that they had been in contact with LE from the beginning, regarding her disappearance, perhaps LE requested that they not discuss anything with the press as it could jeopardize the case.

If anyone is interested in a little digging. I’m trying to determine if this is indeed our suspect.

AJAYI_20091631 - FUNAAB

AJAYI_20091631
5a0bf711815afb53e12ffbc29b5de963
5a0bf711815afb53e12ffbc29b5de963

Published On - July 16, 2012

admin Profile
AJAYI, AYOOLA
20091631.jpg

Matriculation No.: 20091631
College: COLLEGE OF NATURAL SCIENCES
Course of Study: COMPUTER SCIENCE
Year of Entry: 2009
Nationality: Nigeria
State and Local Govt.: OSUN , ILESA EAST
mobile: 08050825805
student profile url.: http://www.unaab.edu.ng/ajayi20091631.html
Didn't he also claim he attended some college called London Banks something or other?
I wonder what that is all about.
Hasn't there only been one college that was verified that he attended?

Maybe he took some online courses?

I also read he said he had been in touch with LE since the beginning. Giving them the same info. And it came to pass, his worst fears had happened. This person AA was not a stranger in that circle. I think they all knew him and his little house of horrors!! jmo
BBM

I'm not sure AA was known to her circle in general. Her friends from college seemed completely unaware of him. Maybe that's why she felt more comfortable telling the mystery guy about him--I don't get the impression he was part of her general friends circle, either.

Yes, Zella! The statements that couldn’t be aired...that’s one of the original posts that got me unable to click off this sight...my radar went into overdrive- what did he say? I can only imagine...good post- thanks!
Thanks! :)

It was also one of the details that piqued my curiosity. I have to take periodic mental health breaks from Websleuths. But as soon as I saw the news reports about ML last week, I immediately knew I had to come back because this was the best place for info.

BBM

I'm not sure AA was known to her circle in general. Her friends from college seemed completely unaware of him. Maybe that's why she felt more comfortable telling the mystery guy about him--I don't get the impression he was part of her general friends circle, either.

That’s exactly the feeling I get, too, about both of them.

BBM

Right. The VI said she did not recognize him and he was not anyone familiar to her friends, I thought.

However, it does make sense that someone she was dating might know of him. Not met him, just heard about him.
I think her friends might know who she was casually dating but not necessarily the men she met on line.
I think its possible that even ML had not met the perp in person until that night. Imo

Somehow I don't see him fitting in with the sorority circle of friends at all.

I agree! We don't know how many bags he even purchased. Maybe too many to fit in his car so he had someone pick it up for him.
Plus I have never heard of a drug purchase being done except by cash. If I understand right Venmo is done by transfer from one account to another. But, I never heard of Venmo until this case on WS.

Unless you own a golf course, the average homeowner wouldn't need more a bag of this stuff.

BBM

I think mystery guy is an older boyfriend or SD.

I agree! We don't know how many bags he even purchased. Maybe too many to fit in his car so he had someone pick it up for him.
Plus I have never heard of a drug purchase being done except by cash. If I understand right Venmo is done by transfer from one account to another. But, I never heard of Venmo until this case on WS.

I actually know about this because my nail lady was spitting nails one day. Venmo wouldn't let her use the service to collect business payments while registered as a personal account. And she said and yet pot dealers could conduct business. I had never heard of that so I was interested in learning more.

I also wanted to clarify that I didn't know about the venmo pot thing from experience!

MOO I don't think his approaching a news video crew with his info sounds exactly right, possibly a limelight seeker.
I wondered about this too, I believe he also said that AA was Somali, which proved to be incorrect. The reporter commented a couple of times that he seemed quite upset, so who knows.

Note: I am a local.

I am a Salt Lake local that lived in AA's neighborhood until recently. I also have local community connections.

<modsnip - baiting by implying inside information which is a TOS violation>

Also, I'd like to correct earlier comments about AA living in the Rose Park neighborhood. His neighborhood is not Rose Park, it is Fairpark. I sold my home in Fairpark last year, and it is literally around the corner from AA's. They are neighborhoods next to eachother, but different, even according to tax documents.

Regarding the fire comments earlier, it is illegal (according to SLC code) to have a fire within 25 feet of a flammable source. Given that I lived in this neighborhood, I would not hesitate to call it in simply because I'd fear for my home catching fire. Homes in Fairpark are close together and for my own personal situation, had my neighbors lit a big fire in June, you bet I would call it in. This is a desert with dry grass and such...a bonfire in close quarters is a no go.

As for his mortgage. Utah has something called Utah Housing loans which do not require a down payment. He clearly qualified under existing mortgage rules, and I imagine made up a lot of his monthly payment in AirBNB income. Side note..AirBNB actually isn't legal in Salt Lake City proper, but that's difficult to enforce.

Thank you for this helpful info! It is good to have local input.

Yeah, that's what it sounds like.
Never mind planting grass seeds then, if he had the sod that would be a lot quicker.
I still wonder where he got all his money. Maybe having all those renters paid the bills. I would think his mortgage was pretty high, though. Imo

I think he was recording and selling *advertiser censored*.

I totally get it, and I know people are believing the "shaken friend who warned ML" story, and probably for good reason.

I don't see the point of talking to a reporter if he wants to keep his privacy - even when declining to go camera. Just seems a bit overly dramatic to me for someone to be saying, "I knew it! I knew it!" at a press conference, but only to a reporter and off-camera. I'm a bit skeptical, I admit.

I will be happy, though, if he is legit and is providing some history for LE to use in the investigation. That would be awesome, if true.

jmo
I think there are many just trying to get their 5 minutes of fame regarding this case. JMO

Well that is like the third story the University has told.
I am amazed that Universities can give out this information at all. In Canada, personal information is under FOIP and cannot be given out unless an official application is made to the University with good reasons for the information...Or the person that was enrolled/or currently at the university signs a declaration for someone/organization to obtain info on them.

Check out Urban Dictionary's slang for "fertilizer".

A low quality type of marijuana, often characterized by an abundance of stems, seeds and extremely low levels of THC.

IMO, this is AA's link to young, pretty college girls that would be willing to meet him at 3am. I think he and ML had some sort of familiar relationship. I don't think he was any sort of "Sugar Daddy" and I think she was out of his league for some sort of rendezvous.

Huh.

Whaddaya' know.

Definitely food for thought.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics