UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Betting that things are about to happen now!!!!
dotting i's and crossing T's...............GO LE!!!

Betting that things are about to happen now!!!!
dotting i's and crossing T's...............GO LE!!!

I would think if something happened it would be after Christmas. More evidence will surely come in by then and thus building the case. Also, IF this happens the children are going to be left without a mom and dad and they have to be considered. It is unlikely that the children would be at risks during the meantime.

JMO

I'm so curious as to why they would request this!

Like nurse said, conflicting statements, as well as changes in appearance, clothing he has or has not worn since the mur...uhm,...dissappearance, what or who is in the background while he is on camera, different demeanor when talking with media/ police, or when he is not aware he was being recordedetc. Video could aslo be used to show state of mind upon realizing his wife is missing or to prove when and where he was at a certain time, which could be relevant if he has been doing any additional cover-up/ disposing of evidence.

I would think if something happened it would be after Christmas. More evidence will surely come in by then and thus building the case. Also, IF this happens the children are going to be left without a mom and dad and they have to be considered. It is unlikely that the children would be at risks during the meantime.

JMO

Bolded by me...Yikes! how on earth can one assume that children are ever safe with someone who very likely just killed and disposed of their mother, and is so unremorseful that he coldbloodedly refuses to help her family bring her home,( or with anyone who would have him in their home, for that matter)?

I hope Amanda has all the video's saved in her online album. Now I would be very interested in watching them one right after the other in the other in the sequence they were made. I'm sure she has. A BIG thank you to Amanda!

ITA on the demeanor, hands appearing to be frostbitten or badly chafed by chemicals, and statements made that may conflict what he has stated to LE.

Bolded by me...Yikes! how on earth can one assume that children are ever safe with someone who very likely just killed and disposed of their mother, and is so unremorseful that he coldbloodedly refuses to help her family bring her home,( or with anyone who would have him in their home, for that matter)?

If the police that they were at risk they would have already been removed. The burden of evidence is much less to temporary remove the kids from the home then it is for arresting someone for murder.

JMO

I am getting the feeling that this is the quiet before the storm!

If the police that they were at risk they would have already been removed. The burden of evidence is much less to temporary remove the kids from the home then it is for arresting someone for murder.

JMO

I wish it were that easy Chemaster! We've seen from experience that , in almost every case, minor children remain in the care (if you can call it that) of the killer , sometimes for years, before he/ she is finally brought to justice.

People who are capable of murdering their children's mother are not emotionally well. They are not capable of good parenting; their specialty is emotional and mental manipulation and abuse, which can do nothing but damage to a vulnerable child's psyche.

I am married to a career cop, and believe me, there are many, many children who cops see every day who are not safe in their homes, and there is nothing they can do about it because knowing that the abuse is likely to occur is not enough...the courts don't step in until the damage is done, or a child is dead.

Children are not ever safe with a killer...leaving them there is a roll of the dice. (JMO as well.)

On Fox now....4 year old confirms camping trip....LE captain on....4 year old didn't confirm anything...stupid media!

Somewhere in the first thread I posted that Susan's disappearance and the actions of her husband reminded me of another crime about two years ago, but I couldn't remember the victim's name. The husband in that case just looked really squirrelly (sp?) from the beginning. LE had searched the home and found nothing, but he quickly became a POI. Then, LE searched a second time and found the dismembered torso of a female in the garage. The husband had strangled the wife, dismembered her body and then scattered the pieces in the snow-coverd surrounding area. After LE had searched the home the husband retrieved the torso and brought it back to the garage, where LE found it on a second search. The guy ran, IIRC, barefooted and was caught and entered a guilty plea, and received LWOP. I finally found the case - it was Tara Grant. Lots of similarities between Tara and Susan - both were successful, well-liked and married to husbands who accomplished much less than each of them. Both husbands were controlling, both were much less accomplished than their wives, both crimes occurred during snowy winter months, both husbands lawyered up quickly, and finally, both husbands had that "I am quite crazy" look in their eyes and in their actions. I hope Susan did not suffer the same fate as Tara Grant, but the outlook is grim. The generator, the impromptu late-night camping, etc. etc. Prayers for Susan and her family.

I wish it were that easy Chemaster! We've seen from experience that , in almost every case, minor children remain in the care (if you can call it that) of the killer , sometimes for years, before he/ she is finally brought to justice.

People who are capable of murdering their children's mother are not emotionally well. They are not capable of good parenting; their specialty is emotional and mental manipulation and abuse, which can do nothing but damage to a vulnerable child's psyche.

I am married to a career cop, and believe me, there are many, many children who cops see every day who are not safe in their homes, and there is nothing they can do about it because knowing that the abuse is likely to occur is not enough...the courts don't step in until the damage is done, or a child is dead.

Children are not ever safe with a killer...leaving them there is a roll of the dice. (JMO as well.)

I agree, and it seems to me that the children are in more and more danger with every passing moment as Josh feels the police closing in.

They surely do not need to make that request (that news agencies not destroy any videos of Josh). They could just ask for copies of the videos. Besides, they know the news agencies would not destroy such videos when much more is sure to break in this case. News agencies keep footage for years on cases like this. I think such a request was part of a ploy to increase the pressure on one of the dumbest men in America. I hope it works, but not in a way dangerous to the babies.

I think they are going to do something everyday to make sleeping difficult for him until the arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove