UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They also met in a singles ward activity. She would have had to be out of high school in order to attend singles ward activities.

That means that some time after high school, she met Josh, she started going out with Josh, then dating, then engagement and then marriage. No one has mentioned how long they dated before getting married but my best guess was 6-8 months and now I'm changing that to 2-4 months.

I know they used the "9 months from graduating high school to marriage" to take some emphasis away from the really short dating period but this is very typical and a huge RED FLAG in abusers. They can only behave for so long so the dating and "impressing" is usually short lived. My .02

Ahhh yes, the honeymoon period. They are all sweet and kind. Then once they got you it's bye bye fancy dinners and hello Ramen Noodles!!

Yes I doubt most controlling abusers start out bad. It's once you get to know them or marry them. Then the change comes.

Ahhh yes, the honeymoon period. They are all sweet and kind. Then once they got you it's bye bye fancy dinners and hello Ramen Noodles!!

Yes I doubt most controlling abusers start out bad. It's once you get to know them or marry them. Then the change comes.
Tapping her index finger constantly to the tip of her nose.....

Allot of men abusers start when they move the spouse away from family, have children that they are jealous of!
They think the mother loves her children more than them.

Psychopaths can fool EVERYONE!!! Great actors!!!

Susan's dad seems quiet, sweet and passive............I believe she thought JP would be like her dad.........and then he changed!!!

It's called traumatic bonding... and I hope you don't ever have to "understand" it. Suffice it to say, these guys don't start the physical violence on the first date....

I just wanted to add to this.
When you first meet them they seem like a really nice guy.
They know how to work people to their advantages.

OT I have an x son in law that has 5+ felonies and should be in prison.
He is good at what he does… gets up in front of the judge… turns on the
tears…makes the promises and it works!

They have this down to a T and its scary!
They know how to manipulate and play the game.
They can totally catch you off guard and they can actually get you to
believe them.

I see my x son in law in Josh.
The way he walks… talks…. things he says…
it makes me sick.

I'm thinking of JP sister that has him living in her house yet suspects he is the reason Susan is gone.
I feel bad because I wonder if she sleeps much at night???
It would be so frightening to me, IMO

I'm thinking of JP sister that has him living in her house yet suspects he is the reason Susan is gone.
I feel bad because I wonder if she sleeps much at night???It would be so frightening to me, IMO

BBM:

ITA, passionflower. I am sure that Josh and his entire family know what people are thinking of him. The majority of murders happen at night as do the majority of crimes. It is in the dark of night when trying to sleep that Josh probably relives what he has done and what people think he has done. He can probably think himself into more anger when he is alone and everyone else is sleeping.

Let's just hope that Josh does not feel he has nothing more to lose and tries to take the boys' life(s) because he cannot bear to see even a part of Susan alive when he knows he is about to be arrested just as soon as LE has enough evidence to present to the DA or States Attorney.

Josh let himself get to the point of murder once (IMO), so what is to stop him again? It is my sincere hope that Josh does not 'lose it' and take it out on those innocent little boys. It is my opinion that Josh is dangerously close to a breakdown. Not because of what he has done, but because he has been caught and cannot talk and lie his way out of it. I guarantee you Josh has some dark secrets and they may be just about ready to surface. IMO, he is feeling pretty desperate now.

MOO in that I feel Josh murdered Susan.

BBM:

ITA, passionflower. I am sure that Josh and his entire family know what people are thinking of him. The majority of murders happen at night as do the majority of crimes. It is in the dark of night when trying to sleep that Josh probably relives what he has done and what people think he has done. He can probably think himself into more anger when he is alone and everyone else is sleeping.

Let's just hope that Josh does not feel he has nothing more to lose and tries to take the boys' life(s) because he cannot bear to see even a part of Susan alive when he knows he is about to be arrested just as soon as LE has enough evidence to present to the DA or States Attorney.

Josh let himself get to the point of murder once (IMO), so what is to stop him again? It is my sincere hope that Josh does not 'lose it' and take it out on those innocent little boys. It is my opinion that Josh is dangerously close to a breakdown. Not because of what he has done, but because he has been caught and cannot talk and lie his way out of it. I guarantee you Josh has some dark secrets and they may be just about ready to surface. IMO, he is feeling pretty desperate now.

MOO in that I feel Josh murdered Susan.

yes, ITA.......he's gonna snap soon, IMO.........better to be in jail than in the home of his sister......I am afraid for her being seen as a trader.......
I wonder if he will try to go camping with his boys again with a grim out come.........murder/suicide

Nursie, what do you think that's about? That seems like a weird request to me.

Police request media keep footage of missing woman's husband
December 18th, 2009 @ 11:44am

WEST VALLEY CITY -- Friday morning police asked all news agencies not to destroy video of Joshua Powell. They would not say why they've made that request

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9077062

Maybe evidence on him, the frost bitten hands? Something on his clothes?
Scratch we didn't see, healed now??? I would say evidence to compare to now.........

I think it could be because he has said more to the media than to LE! Or perhaps he told LE something different than the media??

the whole thing reminds me of Scott Peterson (except I have to admit that Scott was much more eloquent when he lied to the media)

whew.. I am glad for a new page! Those blown margins were blowing my mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove