UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police building case to solve missing mom mystery

WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) – Police are building a case to help solve the disappearance of Susan Powell.

But authorities won’t say who they’re targeting.

Yesterday, police searched the home of her husband Josh Powell for the second time. In addition, police also used a search warrant to look at Powell’s van last week.

But credit card transactions and cell phone records may offer clues for police.

Police won't say if those records they’re seeking belong to Josh. But historically those kinds of record searches help police.

"What that does especially a financial account or a cell phone record it allows us to get a better picture of what went on at what time and what amount was spent at what locations,” said police Captain Tom McLachlan.

He did acknowledge that surveillance videos at convenience stores in West Valley are also being gathered by investigators.

"I'm sure that that has been done what results are I'm not aware of,” he said.

Mitzi Dodge said the Powell's came to the store she manages often and she's anxious to help out.

"The surveillance tape is available, the cops can come and pick that up if they need to look at the surveillance tape,” she said.

Police won't say what or who they're looking for on those tapes.

But police subpoenaed ABC4 news for an interview with Josh Powell.

"We need that to review and not have the edited information,” he said

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ssing-mom-mystery/SQsurPy820CQZwWdoCrDlw.cspx

I'm so curious as to why they would request this!

I feel really stupid asking this but could Josh be covering up scratches? I'll admit I have watched the videos but did not look very close, should have, I know, at his face or hands. I did read that he had near frostbite on his hands.

Reading "Wayne's" remarks makes me wonder if he's going to come up with some BS story like Susan was acting erratically and posing a danger to him and the boys and so to spare her the public embarassment of calling LE, he left quickly with the kids.

Thank you for this link... very interesting comments.

One in particular made a strong point. (the following in my own words):

By all accounts, the police had to break through the window to gain access to the house, which stands to reason the doors were locked.

If Susan left on her own accord, how did she lock the front door, when her keys were still inside (if indeed the deadbolt was locked).

If Susan was abducted from the home, is it reasonable to think the abductor would lock the house behind them? (and, again, if the deadbolt was locked, they would still need a key, which was in the house).

Even when it comes to trying to cover his tracks after killing his wife, Josh is such an underachiever it is pitiful.

He is also acting "the sniveling coward" by not speaking with LE and helping them in any way that HE CAN to bring his wife and the mother of his two little boys home so that she can be at rest and not out in the freezing cold.:furious:

rewatching the uncut video, all I could see is he reaches out with his right hand to shake the reporters hand twice.
Holds keys and adjusts his hat with only his left hand.
Wearing a golden wedding band.
Freshly shaven face, would think after 17 hours+ with no sleep, missing wife,
he would look disheaveled........ unless he has very light facial hair.
I watched it mute to see more bodylanguage......I'll watch and listen next.

rewatching the uncut video, all I could see is he reaches out with his right hand to shake the reporters hand twice.
Holds keys and adjusts his hat with only his left hand.
Wearing a golden wedding band.
Freshly shaven face, would think after 17 hours+ with no sleep, missing wife,
he would look disheaveled........ unless he has very light facial hair.
I watched it mute to see more bodylanguage......I'll watch and listen next.

Good observations!

I'm getting hung up when he starts the camping story. "Yeah, umm..." the way he starts off just rings of BS to me.

ETA: Did he just say she DID NOT lay down at 5?

Good observations!

I'm getting hung up when he starts the camping story. "Yeah, umm..." the way he starts off just rings of BS to me.

ETA: Did he just say she DID NOT lay down at 5?

that's what I thought I heard, GingerRed....and goes on to mumble about her going to bed later...ITA - he's full of it....if one didn't listen to that vid, ya wouldn't guess that it was a husband of a missing wife being interviewed....just watching w/ no audio he might as well be talking about someone bashing in his mailbox, or stealing tires off his car. :mad:

In video, he swallows hard, has allot of ummmssss..........
then he says:
I camped with my boys, I gotta git my boys.
She never left over night.
Didn't tell kids anything yet, just went to bed.
Susan was ok, feeling fine, just went to bed.
"Basically ummm I'm just trying to figure out what to do, find her life in general. we went down south ummmmmm"
I guess I better go................DAH
what a waste of time with Josh, IMO.............

No worry, no desperation, no emotions in Josh.............he's goofy
and is that a half smile? smirk? nerves that makes his mouth curl up on 1 side?
Anyone ever see any one do that?
It fascinates me because I have never seen it before him!

No worry, no desperation, no emotions in Josh.............he's goofy
and is that a half smile? smirk? nerves that makes his mouth curl up on 1 side?
Anyone ever see any one do that?
It fascinates me because I have never seen it before him!

You have a much kinder nature than most.

I've already seen the ages old term "mouth breather" bandied about on local news comment boards.

You have a much kinder nature than most.

I've already seen the ages old term "mouth breather" bandied about on local news comment boards.
(respectfully...) Huh?

lol! I don't believe I have ever heard that term before. Do they mean he does that weird lip thing because he breathes through his mouth?

I really think he's a total dunce. There is no way he can pull this off - even with his fancy attorney advising him and speaking on his behalf. He will slip up - even more than he already has with his ridiculous story of what happened that night.

(respectfully...) Huh?

lol! I don't believe I have ever heard that term before. Do they mean he does that weird lip thing because he breathes through his mouth?

Urban dictionary has a wonderful series of definitions for "mouth breather", and I think the remarks I've seen indicate multiple intentions. I also find it hard to argue with such usage, LOL. I am worried it would not be appropriate to post them here.

Hi all, just checking in to see what's new, and obviously nothing is. Joshy is still the same lying sacko' s__t that he was this morning. Frankly, I'm getting sick of seeing his smirks and mumbling of those early interviews, just tell someone - WHERE IS SUSAN?
So he just keeps on holding her family hostage by his silence, and the hurt continues, and he does not care. What a loser.
This beautiful mother of two little ones need to be found and laid to a proper rest with her loving family at her side. (With Josh safely stashed away in jail of course)
Gotta go do a Christmas function, 'later!:furious:

I really think he's a total dunce. There is no way he can pull this off - even with his fancy attorney advising him and speaking on his behalf. He will slip up - even more than he already has with his ridiculous story of what happened that night.

No doubt!!! He's already contradicted Jovanna, the one person who is saying everything seemed fine, by saying Susan didn't lay down at 5. I wonder if he has flip flopped on that in his statements since the channel 2 interview?

Steely, I think your photobucket link is blowing the margins??

What do you mean? The peace signs on the bottom?

I truly feel that if Josh didn't have an attorney right now, he would break, and give up the information that the authorities need to find Susan.

I'm sure the attorney knows this, too, and this is the main reason he is keeping Josh on such a tight leash. The attorney is afraid Josh will 'spill all' if asked the right questions.

I know that the accussed has the right to representation, and I agree with that right. It's just so frustrating when a beautiful, sweet young woman and mother has vanished into thin air.

How heartbreaking that the man who promised 'before God', to love, honor and cherish her, the same man that should be screaming from the mountaintops, "Please, everyone, help me find my wife!", is instead hindering the investigation, keeping secrets.....

I just feel so badly for Susan, she truly deserves so much better. So does her family that obviously loves her so much.

If he doesn't have a vigorous defense he could win a new trial based on poor representation. Lawyers pushing the edge are actually good things from time to time.

No doubt!!! He's already contradicted Jovanna, the one person who is saying everything seemed fine, by saying Susan didn't lay down at 5. I wonder if he has flip flopped on that in his statements since the channel 2 interview?

Betcha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members