UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we've seen on an interview that he said he hasn't told his boys anything. WTH?

like Drew P. is she on a vacation forever?
Staying in the woods forever?
Mommies lost and no one can find her?
She left us for a gigalo!
What's his excuse?
Guess he can't say the truth....
well remember when we went camping, daddy dumped mommie and left.........
know can he? arrrgggghhhhh.........

After going to this website, click on the 'ABOUT' section on the top bar. Then click on the 'ABOUT JOSH', and you will find the following...

"Throughout his college years, Josh received some of the highest honors available, including Phi Theta Kappa, Magna *advertiser censored* Laude, and repeated placement on the President's List".

It also states that some of his 'social' outlets were public speaking (lol!), campus politics, drama productions, and writing for the campus newspaper (he probably once ran a classified ad).

Elsewhere on his website, he claims to have "12 years in the real estate industry".

~ I just can't help but wonder if any of these claims are true. This guy is so full of himself.

There is one statement on the website I know for a fact to be a lie... it's where he claims 'Honesty' and 'Integrity'.

Notice all his educational accolades, but NEVER says WHERE he went to school.
Hmm Someone actually forgot to say where?

His age has been disputed from 34-38, but 12 years in real estate? So, he started at age 22? uh huh

On local cbs news they are reporting a neighbor is saying he heard something suspicious Sunday night over at the Powells, at 11:45 p.m. he heard a car alarm going off inside their garage.

VB

Makes me wonder if Susan and Josh weren't fighting over the keys or Susan purposely hit the panic button on the key fob.

Wonder if other neighbors will come through with testimonies of that night..........
like in seeing lots of lights, the van horn, JP leaving.
I know if someone's panic button went off I would look out my window to see why.
My elderly mom goes to bed with her keys to hit it if she gets sick,
neighbors know to come!

IIRC, it was stated somewhere that Josh was/is an IT person for a trucking company. I think it was stated that the job at the trucking company was where he was supposed to have been at work at on Monday morning when neither he nor Susan called in missing work.

If Josh was an IT person for a trucking company, he would know all about the tracking devices almost all commercial trucks have on them. He would know that at any given moment, the trucks can be tracked as to the progress. They would know exactly where the truck is, what highway, and whether or not the truck was even running. On a computer screen, you will see a map image and a red spot as to where the truck is. The jail/correctional facility used such a program to track all transportation vans. IMO, he would probably be very aware of the fact that most car rental agencies can do the same. I read an article in the New York Times about most car rental companies being able to know exactly where any of their cars are and even whether or not they had been driven out of state. The article gave an example of a guy having been fined for having driven out of state to a wedding when he had rented the car for local use. The article was written a couple of years ago. So, If Josh knows about tracking devices, he probably would have known that the rental car company may have had this same capability. So, a wild goose chase in the rental vehicle to throw LE off? Maybe.

I have a couple of questions for anyone who may know. Apparently a neighbor heard a car alarm going off in the Powell's garage at or around midnight that Sunday night. One question I have is: Even if the van alarm itself is is off as it would be if someone unlocked the vehicle with a key, would the GPS system have an independent alarm if someone were removing it from the vehicle? If the GPS system was not factory installed, it could have an independent alarm if someone were attempting to remove it. Another question: If the van were equiped with a LoJack, would an alarm go off if someone attempted to remove it? What else would make the van alarm go off when we know Josh had his keys? I can make my vehicle alarm go off using my remote key fob. It may be just as simple as the 4 year old playing with the key fob, but IDK.

The Bottom Line: The motive would be a controlling husband kills his wife when he finally realizes that she will leave him, that she will divorce him. This is the hypothesis that I come up with when reviewing Tim Peterson's testimony.

ITA John Kays' article pegged it. Yesterday eve--prior to even reading this today--I allowed my mind to flash to what would have most likely pushed him over the edge and w/out hesitation arrived at the same, almost predictable, conclusion: she finally ended it. When people have achieved or acquired by posing or by false pretenses in the beginning to get what they want, eventually they will be seen for who they are... and I had the distinct feeling Susan finally saw him for who he really is. And instead of a fence (boundary) this time it was a wall she put up--which he knew he'd never get back thru, under, over or around. It was finished. And he snapped. That would expose him ultimately for the failure which he underneath already knew or feared himself to be... JMO

http://newsblaze.com/story/20091220075129kays.nb/topstory.html

:parrot:

Good Lord, the more I watch that blue cap interview over and over, it is just insufferable... his snivelling, really really poor acting... :rolleyes:

Gitana1's statement really struck a cord with me - but how many men (and unfortunately most are men) do kill their wives/girlfriends and are still walking around. So many of them lawyer-up and make the detectives prove the case. Why are women so replaceable? Would not walking away or a divorce be so much better? That said, I believe it has to do with ego and a controlling nature. Just look at Scott Peterson, O.J. I cannot remember her first name but the I believe is Young, and she was murdered while her hubby was away. He lawyered up very quickly and is now surrounded by his parents who are evidently well connected. There is a local mystery of Debbie DeMello where her husband said he and his wife were riding in a car, an argument arose, she got out and then that's the end. Nothing more was found and he now is walking around free.

She was never found, no clues. Her family is still searching. Why? This was a small city, small budget, she was not a well-connected woman - why did her disappearance garner little except for signs on telephone poles? She, same as Susan, had small children.

Is the score card in the favor of the woman? I have my doubts.

If the media and pressure from family hadn't been volcanic ,I believe Drew Peterson would still be taunting the camera folks, riding his motorcycle and thumbing his nose at neighbors.

Why does it take certain cases to grib the hearts and minds of everyday citizens? Every woman who disappears deserves her day in court; even in abstentia!

BBM

There are lots of similarities to this case.
I'm about 3/4 of the way through the book "Limb From Limb" which is about the murder of Tara Lynn Grant. I highly recommend it.

I did not know there was a book written concerning this poor woman's death. I will certainly search it out - I guess I could put it on my Christmas Wish List but my family would then wonder about me - more than they do now. Thanks for the heads up.

IIRC, it was stated somewhere that Josh was/is an IT person for a trucking company. I think it was stated that the job at the trucking company was where he was supposed to have been at work at on Monday morning when neither he nor Susan called in missing work.

If Josh was an IT person for a trucking company, he would know all about the tracking devices almost all commercial trucks have on them. He would know that at any given moment, the trucks can be tracked as to the progress. They would know exactly where the truck is, what highway, and whether or not the truck was even running. On a computer screen, you will see a map image and a red spot as to where the truck is. The jail/correctional facility used such a program to track all transportation vans. IMO, he would probably be very aware of the fact that most car rental agencies can do the same. I read an article in the New York Times about most car rental companies being able to know exactly where any of their cars are and even whether or not they had been driven out of state. The article gave an example of a guy having been fined for having driven out of state to a wedding when he had rented the car for local use. The article was written a couple of years ago. So, If Josh knows about tracking devices, he probably would have known that the rental car company may have had this same capability. So, a wild goose chase in the rental vehicle to throw LE off? Maybe.

I have a couple of questions for anyone who may know. Apparently a neighbor heard a car alarm going off in the Powell's garage at or around midnight that Sunday night. One question I have is: Even if the van alarm itself is is off as it would be if someone unlocked the vehicle with a key, would the GPS system have an independent alarm if someone were removing it from the vehicle? If the GPS system was not factory installed, it could have an independent alarm if someone were attempting to remove it. Another question: If the van were equiped with a LoJack, would an alarm go off if someone attempted to remove it? What else would make the van alarm go off when we know Josh had his keys? I can make my vehicle alarm go off using my remote key fob. It may be just as simple as the 4 year old playing with the key fob, but IDK.

Completely agree, this is very possible. Can't recall year, model, estimated value or if this would come factory standard on their van, but I do know many car alarms can be purchased which have tracking features or are combined w GPS tracking capabilities... which JP would've realized posed a slight problem for him. And while these can frequently be armed and disarmed by phone, dialing in, or texting eg--this too would have been traceable ie shown a call eg. Thus while he probably had the skill or wherewithall to disable manually, it's totally plausible that in doing so disconnecting it could have activated alarm.

Good thinking friend, I believe you're on to something.
:thumb: :detective:

What's the weather like in Utah area????
Temp?
I see where searches are impossible in 1 article

For the Salt Lake area we will be in the mid 30's today. We have awful inversion... and it looks like we might be getting snow on Tuesday and/or Wednesday, which is good for our air quality - but certainly not helpful in regards to searches for Susan, if they are even doing it or planning it.

She needs to be found. I keep checking in, looking for news on this case, and praying. I expect to hear the results of the tests done on the wet spots on the carpet, or some revealing news soon.

This is JMO, if the spirit does live on, and if Josh did end her life, I think Susan is crying out to be found with great concern that her sons not be around the man that killed her. It is a comfort to know there are others, all of you, that aren't going to let Susan be forgotten.

I don't get this male camaraderie thing. His friend is willing to be there for Josh because "even if he did it, he needs support" What? I would be horrified if I thought my friend did such a thing. I would be scared, disgusted, shocked and unsafe around him or her. I would probably have the wherewithall (SP?) to tell him or her to get an attorney but I would not want to be anywhere near such a person and I would certainly tell them to do the right thing for the sake of the missing person and his or her family. Where is the sympathy for Suan? Her little boys? Her poor, suffering parents? What the heck is this? Is it a male thing, something deep within some men that they can identify with the desire to kill or is it just this wacky friend? Male sleuthers, please enlighten and tell me what you would do in such a situation and please think about it, don't just say your first thought.
And, what the heck does Wayne's family think? If that was my husband, he would not be bringing home his dear friend to my house. But, perhaps Wayne isn't married. What happened to loyalty to the innocent? What happened to morality above friendship? What the heck?

BBM
I am female and can't give insight as to the "male" factor but I did see these articles last week and IMO this phenomenon could give some insight into the "geek" factor. Could it be some sort of explanation of Wayne's demeanor perhaps. And of course I am not lumping all "techies" together or saying that IT people are antisocial, etc., or implying that women don't work in this field. Just thought it was an interesting background tidbit. Heaven only knows I am not a "techie." My computer is basically like a car or a light switch, I just turn it on and it does its thing. :twocents:

Interested in your opinions about this.

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gen...otypes_steer_women_away_from_computer_science

http://news.discovery.com/human/nerds-women-computer-science.html

Whoa!

Police think husband of missing mom has left Utah

http://www.wkowtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11707650

Posted: Dec 20, 2009 5:04 PM EST
Updated: Dec 20, 2009 5:04 PM EST
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Police say they believe the Utah man considered a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife is now in Washington state.

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Sunday that neighbors of Josh Powell say he left Utah either Friday or Saturday, presumably to be with family in Washington.

His wife Susan has been missing since Dec. 7. Josh Powell told police he last saw her at 12:30 a.m. that day when he took his two young sons on a camping trip and left her at home.

Police have called Josh Powell a person of interest and said he was not forthcoming in interviews with detectives.

McLachlan said there are no restrictions on Josh Powell's movements.

Meanwhile, Susan Powell's family and friends are planning a candlelight vigil Sunday night in Puyallup, Wash.

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Police say they believe the Utah man considered a person of interest in the disappearance of his wife is now in Washington state.

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said Sunday that neighbors of Josh Powell say he left Utah either Friday or Saturday, presumably to be with family in Washington...

(cont'd at link)

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...mom-has-left-Utah/RI1C45dNQEyMH_Rp0cVczA.cspx

I don't think he is going to get the support he is looking for there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon