UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the Utah LE orders Josh arrested as a material witness. It's so easy to slip into Canada here. I'm disgusted. This killer is somewhere near me, my children, my family. UHG!

Perhaps I need to start traveling with eggs and rotten tomatoes!

Gee Josh, your own family saying you'll probably be behind bars in a week, and you leave, hmmm. I guess you know that Susan isn't coming home, don't you?

I don't think he is going to get the support he is looking for there.

I don't think so doc... article says Susan's family and friends are planning a candlelight vigils this eve in Puyallup WA and in West Valley UT.

I'm like Ginger, don't come here... :eek: but according to police captain, there are no restrictions on his movements. :(

:parrot:

Can he legally be stopped if he attempts to cross the border?

Did the article say where the children are?

I'm trying to be calm, but its difficult....

I am highly concerned he has left the state and undoubtly with his two children...I am concerned for their safety.
Josh could cross over into Canada probally without a problem and once there he could hide but he would be found and we have an extradition treatie with Canada. One thing though is US has to garauntee no Death Penalty in order for them to agree to sending him back here to be charged if indeed they do...
jmo...

Can he legally be stopped if he attempts to cross the border?

You mean the state border? (sorry, reading backwards a little here)

If you mean state border, no they can't stop him.

We've seen this before where the guy leaves the state. I can only imagine he's doing this because his mom and sis (and bil) are no longer supporting his bogus (imho) story. They even lamented publicly they thought he was going to be arrested.

He might think his dad will stick up for him. great! :mad:

He can run but he can't hide. Josh KNOWS LE has his number. It's only a matter of time.

Don't fret everyone! I know it's hard, I'm frustrated too! But LE knows what they're doing. These things don't happen in an hour episode like tv. It takes persistance and patience.

I have no doubt they'll get their man.

JMHO
fran

You mean the state border? (sorry, reading backwards a little here)

If you mean state border, no they can't stop him.

We've seen this before where the guy leaves the state. I can only imagine he's doing this because his mom and sis (and bil) are no longer supporting his bogus (imho) story. They even lamented publicly they thought he was going to be arrested.

He might think his dad will stick up for him. great! :mad:

He can run but he can't hide. Josh KNOWS LE has his number. It's only a matter of time.

Don't fret everyone! I know it's hard, I'm frustrated too! But LE knows what they're doing. These things don't happen in an hour episode like tv. It takes persistance and patience.

I have no doubt they'll get their man.

JMHO
fran

Talking about Canadian border I thought... and as much as that concerns me the thought of his having their 2 little boys worries me more!

:parrot:

I am highly concerned he has left the state and undoubtly with his two children...I am concerned for their safety.
Josh could cross over into Canada probally without a problem and once there he could hide but he would be found and we have an extradition treatie with Canada. One thing though is US has to garauntee no Death Penalty in order for them to agree to sending him back here to be charged if indeed they do...
jmo...

FWIW, Susan's parents need to file an emergency order! ASAP!

They can have a judge draw up emergency, temporary custody papers and they could get custody of the kids by tomorrow afternoon. It was done on the Nancy Cooper case. The judge signed the paper and the husband didn't even get a chance to respond. LE picked the kids up and that was it until a formal hearing could be held.

Just, fwiw,
fran

PS.............not only is this a wonderful tool to insure the safety of the kids, it can often times create valuable insight for LE about the hubby. Ehhh, that depends IF he decides to fight the custody!....fran

PPS.....I forgot what the 'special type hearing' is called. Maybe gitani1 knows!

I doubt he has the financial means to go on the run. Unless he plans on him and the boys "camping" in the vehicle.

Vomit...

"The father of Joshua Powell said Sunday he believes his son is being "villified" as questions swirl around the disappearance of his daughter-in-law, Susan Powell, who has now been missing for 14 days.

"The whole thing has just turned into a vilification of Josh and it will turn into a vilification of me, my ex-wife and my other kids," said Steven Powell, who spoke to The Salt Lake Tribune briefly through the partially open front door of his home Sunday.
"I'm not making any statement because it doesn't matter how benign it is or how supportive it is. Somebody will twist it around."

It's unclear whether Joshua Powell was at his father's home Sunday."

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14037897

I really hope the Utah LE orders Josh arrested as a material witness. It's so easy to slip into Canada here. I'm disgusted. This killer is somewhere near me, my children, my family. UHG!

Perhaps I need to start traveling with eggs and rotten tomatoes!

Gee Josh, your own family saying you'll probably be behind bars in a week, and you leave, hmmm. I guess you know that Susan isn't coming home, don't you?

BBM

I do hope Josh will be watched by someone. I cannot believe local LE is letting Josh go out of state! I hope that he was followed and will be going to his family home. Reporters already know Josh's Dad will not speak to them, but I hope at least one will camp out there anyway.

I wonder if Josh's sister and BIL are with him? Josh will certainly have the boys with him. I do hope that he and the kids are not going up to Washington alone because I do not feel he is capable of driving safely if he is as stressed as his friend Wayne says. I just do not have a good fwlling about this trip and I do not trust Josh.

I do hope Josh's family will not help him disappear into Canada!!

MOO

ETA: I see from a post after this one that LE did not know when he left.

<snip>

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said he did not know if Joshua Powell took his two sons. McLachlan said police learned of Joshua Powell's travels from his neighbors, who told police he left Friday or Saturday.

McLachlan did not know whether Joshua Powell was making a holiday visit or will be gone longer.

That's just great, Texas Mist! (total sarcasm)

Josh Powell is LE's one and only POI, and they do not know how long he will be gone or if he took the boys or not? Something stinks!

MOO

<snip>

West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said he did not know if Joshua Powell took his two sons. McLachlan said police learned of Joshua Powell's travels from his neighbors, who told police he left Friday or Saturday.

McLachlan did not know whether Joshua Powell was making a holiday visit or will be gone longer.

I cannot BELIEVE that LE does not know when he left or if he has the kids. I hope they are following him and know every move he's making, and just "playing dumb".

And yes, regarding my earlier statement I meant the Canadian border - I can see him trying to make a run outside the country, and he would probably have the help of his parents to do so. JMHO of course.

Just fwiw, regarding entry into Canada from the U.S. From what I can gather, because it now requires a passport to cross the Canadian border for entry into the U.S., the Canadian's have changed their rules about letting U.S. citizens entering without a passport, as has been done in years past.

A U.S. citizen cannot enter Canada unless they have the proper documentation to re-enter the U.S. So, IMHO, unless the children have passports, he can't flee with them to Canada. Or him either, for that matter.

There are ways to apply for a quick passport online, but I believe it may not work for the kids. From what I've seen, under 16 needs to apply in person. If they don't have both parents present, there's more detail to go into. There's been too many international parental kidnapping issues.

HTH,
fran

I cannot BELIEVE that LE does not know when he left or if he has the kids. I hope they are following him and know every move he's making, and just "playing dumb".

And yes, regarding my earlier statement I meant the Canadian border - I can see him trying to make a run outside the country, and he would probably have the help of his parents to do so. JMHO of course.

IMO, Josh's Dad seems angry enough about the public opinion of Josh that I could see him helping him get out of the country. If he is already this angry about what is thought of Josh, he would think he couldn't get a fair trial. There has already been talk predicting an arrest soon.

So, yes, I can see his Dad helping him get out of the country.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member