UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...and was trying to break up the marriage....and Josh is a jerk asking the kids to choose between church and cake :shocked2: Poor Susan - how could she not be miserable living with this buttmunch & putting up w/ her FIL!! ETA - no wonder the Cox's had "issues" w/ daddy Powell !! I think we're going to hear about more sick twisted behavior that Josh exhibited....grrr....I'm so :furious: at him!!

<snip>

"One of the biggest problems Susan had was that (Josh) talked to his dad for hours, more than he talked to her," said Tim Peterson, a friend and member of the Powells' ward who has been vocal in the past about Josh Powell and once called police on him.

Joe Trujillo, who talked to Josh Powell often when he would come visit two doors down the street, said Josh told him only a month ago that some family problems stemmed from how busy and active Susan was with her ward, which Josh Powell started attending again a few months ago because of marriage counseling.

"(Josh) mentioned the church was putting a burden on their marriage," Trujillo said.

Other ward members described a similar scenario.

Peterson said he went with the Elders Quorum presidency last September to offer Susan a blessing when she was feeling sick, and said that Josh Powell talked to them for 45 minutes while his wife sat there sick.

"Not in any part of the time did he show any concern for his wife," Peterson said.

"(Susan) told me that a couple times he would say to the kids, 'You can go to church or have this cake,'&#8201;" Peterson said. "She had to do everything."

Hellewell said he knew Josh struggled with pressure from his family, especially his dad, Stephen Powell, about church.

"His dad is very against the church," Hellewell said. "His dad is always sending him anti-Mormon literature and I've heard stories from Josh and Susan that (Josh's) dad was always trying to break up their marriage."

more here in multipage article -- read page 2 for sure!!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ing-West-Valley-woman-has-left-Utah.html?pg=1

From this link, I'd like to know why Peterson called LE on Josh in the past?

Good grief! That sounds serious. :(

JMHO
fran

IMHO, it's not JUST that Josh left the state so soon after his wife went missing.

It's the fact that, HE DIDN'T ADVISE LE WHERE HE WAS GOING TO BE!

THAT is the most dam*ing piece of this current situation, IMHO.

What if Susan came back? What if LE found Susan?

How would they get in touch with Josh?

:banghead:

JMHO
fran
Josh is playing his own SICK game with LE and the Cox family........
another drew p. taunting, thinks he is GREAT............gag

Agree... and esp w your point re Mr. Cox's reaction to this pitiful show. It is very Scott P-esque. Stomach turning. What is the point of going thru motions of attending a vigil--where Susan's loved ones are gathered prayerfully, trying to comfort one another, while distraught over where their missing daughter/sister/relative/friend/churchmember & these small boys' mother could be... if you KNOW and are withholding that info!?! To bring their son while putting on this CHARADE was adding INSULT to the injury. That he would have the nerve to go where HER family was gathered--either to avail himself of this sympathy, or derive some sick, perverse sense of satisfaction--is chilling to me.

:parrot:

For a show,public sympathy or a sense of power.Maybe he was thinking,"It's MY wife I'll do what I want." Pfffttt!

It must have killed the Cox family...seeing Josh there with Charlie....why bring Charlie?? It was raining. He's a little 4 year old boy. Did he want to see his other grandpa and aunts and uncles?? How confusing and cruel for him! Josh with his posse "protecting" him. Sick, sick display of arrogance!!

Oh,I had thought till today,Josh was the one who was Mormon and Susan didn't want to be,I understand now.So,back in September she was very sick,also,hm.

Mr. Cox always refrained from being negative toward Josh, this is why I was puzzled by Mr. Cox's negative comment.

Mr. Cox always seemed to try and keep the door open in-spite of what Mr. Cox maybe feeling inside his heart; and for that I so respect Mr. Cox.

It's a no win situation whether Josh showed up or not as someone was going to ask why he did or why he didn't go to A vigil.

You're absolutely right, as always Patty. Attending A vigil--in ANY location is of positively NO CONSEQUENCE when one is UNCOOPERATIVE w LE and hiding behind a LAWYER. No it makes no difference, I guess I just find it unconscienable that under these circumstances, he would deny this poor woman's family even the chance to pray genuinely among themselves, or intrude upon others w a SINCERE desire and hope to bring Susan home to her boys and family. JMHO

It must have killed the Cox family...seeing Josh there with Charlie....why bring Charlie?? It was raining. He's a little 4 year old boy. Did he want to see his other grandpa and aunts and uncles?? How confusing and cruel for him! Josh with his posse "protecting" him. Sick, sick display of arrogance!!

Oh my gosh!I thought the same thing,takes the child in the rain for public sympathy and says he took the kids in the middle of the night for camping,child endangerment on the camping thing.I felt sorry for the child,the grandparents couldn't talk to Josh,it would show they believed his ..,but did they get to talk to Charlie?They should put in that filing for custody soon.

:mad: I really wish media would stop reporting this:

Salt Lake City resident Wayne Hamberg, one of Josh Powell's friends, has said Josh and Susan Powell had problems like any other couple, but he never saw any signs of domestic violence or other serious issues.

http://connect2utah.com/content/news/story/?cid=68001

because Wayne told People Magazine he's never met Susan!! How could he possibly know about any DV situation!??

Although Hamberg has never met Susan Powell, he says Joshua talked about her occasionally during their twice-monthly club gatherings.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20332053,00.html

If you want to look more innocent,wouldn't it make sense to go to the vigil in the area where your wife is being searched for?Pass out fliers,help feed searchers,be proactive like you cared.Maybe the media was camped out more at the Washington vigil than Utah one.

What is JP telling his 4 year old about why he can't be with grandma/grandpa at the vigil........that would kill me.............I would of gone over and hugged my grandson......maybe stole him with media watching!!! I am not patient.

Salt Lake City resident Wayne Hamberg, one of Josh Powell's friends, has said Josh and Susan Powell had problems like any other couple, but he never saw any signs of domestic violence or other serious issues.

because Wayne told People Magazine he's never met Susan!! How could he possibly know about any DV situation!??

Although Hamberg has never met Susan Powell, he says Joshua talked about her occasionally during their twice-monthly club gatherings.

I totally agree with you! It reminds me of my (now) sister in law who used to say mean things about me when my husband and I were dating- and she had never met me! Well, someone confronted her about it, and, oops, come to find out she had me confused with his previous girlfriend. So everything she was saying was about someone else! How reliable is WH's comments about Susan's marriage to J, if he's never even seen them together?!?

Utah media is horrible with this sort of thing.

If you want to look more innocent,wouldn't it make sense to go to the vigil in the area where your wife is being searched for?Pass out fliers,help feed searchers,be proactive like you cared.Maybe the media was camped out more at the Washington vigil than Utah one.

yep like the charade scott p. did BUT JP needs his daddy, his ONLY supporter!
Josh dad didn't come to him so he had to go there.
I bet SP has a problem with women also..........a cold heart.......even with son.
It's all about Josh..............scott p. had his family come to him, IIRC

Why would it have been better for Mr. Cox to say that? IMO, he showed great restraint by not strangling him with his bare hands, as I would have done. I cannot imagine what he is going through and I'm not going to begin to question Mr. Cox's statements or thinking he should respond a certain way. JMO.

AGREE. I wouldn't respect or admire a man anymore who put on a public face just to appear "civil," or "restrained" when dealing w an unruly, unrighteous (possibly murderous) person who last saw my daughter alive--and refused to disclose what he knew. It's natural and completely understandable, given the developments which have unfolded over the course of these long two weeks w Susan lying GOD KNOWS WHERE, and ultimately the utter LACK of JP's cooperation--that Mr. Cox should have slightly revised his opinion, and his patience begun to wear a tad thin. JMO

That is the point I was trying to make.

IF Josh had showed up at the vigil in Utah, that would be one thing.

But when he goes out of state and then appears at a vigil there, you need to ask yourself, "WHY?"

The purpose of the vigil is to pray for her return and the candles are to light her way home.

So what? Susan is going to show up in Washington?

Then on top of that, he doesn't even extend a hand to her parents.

Sorry Josh, doesn't work for me,

fran

OhMyGosh!

THAT is scary!

"Smoking gun"

Wowser!

"Sworn to secrecy"

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here.................Another woman?

Time will tell,
:(
fran

many of these guys have a replacement on the side..........in my case my X (similiar to JP) had 'phone numbers' of ladies to call, if he needed them........
I got allot of hang ups, messages on my answer machine from women.
He gas lighted me allot saying they were MY friends goofing our marriage up!

I bet he has an internet gal.........many maybe ..........he didn't allow her on computer IIRC.
I bet to another woman he used his big shot role of business and schooling so he could be a KING
to someone.
Susan and he was living like room mates...........very, very dangerous situation!!!!

OhMyGosh!

THAT is scary!

"Smoking gun"

Wowser!

"Sworn to secrecy"

OK, I'm going to go out on a limb here.................Another woman?

Time will tell,
:(
fran

What woman would want that loser? He wanted those boys to himself. jmo, he was jealous of the boys' affection for their mother and got rid of the competition that he couldn't control.

You'd be surprised how many of our members were married to the same guy!;)

fran

PS...........hope you realize I'm j/k. Seems Josh has a lot of common traits. I would say they're undesirable traits, going by how many members here say it's their EX who has them! :D

LM*O...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members