VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be that "this is how reporting is done nowadays", but if the FBI says they're not releasing a name, and MSM releases a name from "sources" anyway...that doesn't scream professional journalism to me. (IMO) Websleuths is going to err on the side of caution and protection of any investigation and go with the FBI on this one.

I'm on my iPhone and don't know how to put a link. Did anyone see what this "Bedford Informer" is "reporting" as the suspect's age?

It could be that the Bedford Informer is taking advantage of the way news is delivered nowadays. It's all about blogging, it's internet, it's social media. And in that regard, a lot can get deleted by the source, really.
Gone are the days of hardcopy print, sad to say. But the thing about hardcopy print is that the info is there and stays so it better be right. It's tangible.

We are in a very rapidly changing world of communication and I don't expect it to slow down anytime soon.

That being said, you can't beat a good ole' fashioned reporter, imho.

Good points... All of them... :thumb:

Holy cow. I had a great day, and I was hoping to come here and find out that Alexis is home with her family. This is horrible and shocking news. I was in such denial and just wanted this to be another young runaway. I'm heartbroken. I have a feeling they matched his prints to the car. I wonder about that trail from her car to the apartment complex office. Who picked up this guy? His friend or family member? A taxi?

Bedford News ‏@BedfordInformer 3m
Arrested suspect between 48-55 years old, reports of high school age are invalid #FindAlexisMurphy

RAT, subject of investigation about Samantha Clarke (as per MSM), was 47 in Oct 2012.

I feel like LE (including the FBI) has had this guy in their sights for the disappearance of Samantha Clarke (and maybe for the disappearance of Lauren Smith and maybe others). They knew he was local to the area, so they got involved quickly & took it seriously right away when Alexis went missing.

DNA... MO... Etc... Are all being scrutinized to the Nth degree...JMO

Does father and son have diff middle names or is that only speculation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we are jumping to conclusions about the person arrested being the same as the person of interest in the Clarke case. One person stated it then many ran with the info.

It's too common of a name to go there yet unless we get more info. Also, the RT in the Clarke case lived no where near Nelson County according to The Hook article linked.

JMO

Longtime reader, rare poster
This is most likely why LE does not want to release the name. If it is the same person, it's a problem. If it isn't the same person, it's still a problem. I should think that if it is not the same person, they would be more likely to release the full name of the arrested individual, indicating that it is NOT the same person.

Of course, the "source" could just be someone trying to stir up trouble. You can't really rule anything out.

BTW, your "no where near" and my "no where near" are completely different. Anywhere within an hour to hour and a half range is nearby for me. Funny how that is, depending on where you live.

Well I sure hope they have arrested the proper person 'cause it is all speculation at this point until the FBI lets us know who it is.

I pray for the family of AM .......

they must be going through a nightmare right now.

On RT Sr's FB he has a pic of RT Jr at his graduation. A pic or his diploma with full name. Same first and last name as being reported. Middle initial is C. So RCT if this is the son.

The guy with sunglasses as his main pic? That guy posted a reply on his FB 4 hours ago. It is defo not him or his son.

I'm sure it is the guy connected to Samantha Clarke. Mr Tattoo Neck.

Bedford News ‏@BedfordInformer 3m
Arrested suspect between 48-55 years old, reports of high school age are invalid #FindAlexisMurphy
Does the person reporting read here or what? ;) I guess everyone has the same questions everywhere.

Wow! And could it be that the father had access to the son's FB account and kept an eye (or even communicated) with AM via the friendship-link to her that the son had?

Can you say creepy?

And... AM may have visited the home of RT Sr. And RT Jr.... So RT Sr. May have even met her face to face before...

The guy with sunglasses as his main pic? That guy posted a reply on his FB 4 hours ago. It is defo not him or his son.

I'm sure it is the guy connected to Samantha Clarke. Mr Tattoo Neck.

I've seen Metallica in concert, and it was like a Christmas parade of neck tattoos. Just sayin'

Does father and son have diff middle names or is that only speculation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No - they are the same. and not the same middle initial as the suspect in another case

And... AM may have visited the home of RT Sr. And RT Jr.... So RT Sr. May have even met her face to face before...

jellybeanz post above appears to suggest that these aren't the same folks. That this kid and his dad are not the folks under suspicion. I don't think it has anything to do with them. I think it is neck tat dude. Unless neck tat dude is the father, which doesn't appear to be the case.

I just can't get my mind off the circumstances of the car being dropped. This is pure speculation, but I feel that two people could be involved here, one as purely getaway driver. I can't imagine how else the trail ended. We can only guess that the scent K9's trailed to the apartments ended as our suspect entered a car and fled the scene.

This is only opinion, but something is essential here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay