VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - **ARREST** - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The local news, WSET, had RAT's neighbor on it. The neighbor said that it was creepy, but he didn't seem surprised. He also stated the he has seen RAT walk up and down RT29. I have always found it odd when people are walking on RT29. It's not but a straight shot between Lynchburg and Charlottesville with a lot of farm land with people going about 65/70 MPH. I never like driving this road at nights-- it gives me the creeps sometimes and I get weird feelings. He had a car, why walk up and down RT29?

Hopefully all barns, etc. in this area are being thoroughly checked (I would imagine so). This is reminding me of Kathlynn Sheperd's case. :(

I assumed everyone has been assuming this was the motive as soon as we got the info we did on the suspect and AM's aunt saying they didn't know him. IMO, RAT is a serial sexual predator. I guess I've been on WS too long and followed so many cases like this that I assume everyone assumes that's what has happened when a girl is taken by a guy who is linked to other abductions or it was a stranger who steals a girl. Why else would a guy steal a girl or woman that he doesn't know or barely knows? Kidnappings for ransom are extremely rare and neither Samantha Clarke or Alexis come from the Hearst family or other super-wealthy family.

My guess, unfortunately, is that poor Alexis was abducted, raped, killed, and then he hid her body....within a matter of hours. That's how most of these attacks by serial sexual predators or strangers seem to go down from my time on WS.

I think we shouldn't shy away from or feel bad about suggesting this. Yes, it's terrible for the victims and their families, but if we never talk about it and pretend it rarely happens, we do a disservice to everyone by not making them aware of what can happen. Never let a perp take you to a second location. Do whatever you can to not go with them. They likely aren't going to just rob you. They aren't going to keep you for ransom unless maybe you're a Hilton or a Hearst or from some other wealthy family. They aren't just going to give you a ride. They likely won't even keep you alive for an extended period of time (like Jaycee Duggard & the 3 women rescued in Cleveland). If a serial sexual predator (which any stranger or acquaintance could be) takes you, odds are you'll be raped and dead within hours, so you have to do all you can to not be taken to a second location by them. Pretending like that's not the case leads to us not being vigilant enough, IMO. Hope that makes sense.

No, I understand completely. It's something that I felt before we even knew RAT was our suspect. I only mean that I have hardly seen it posted directly. It's the last thing you want to believe when a 17 year old girl goes missing, but one of the most likely explanations.

Apparently, from the article I posted earlier Southern European, some Jewish and also Asians may contain sub Saharan DNA. I think that's how I understood it. I don't know what affect that may have on determining ethnicity. It seems it would be a broad swath to figure out ethnicity. I know nothing of DNA so definitely open to clarification on it.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_admixture_in_Europe"]African admixture in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Because I don't trust wiki 100%

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110524153536.htm

I'm going to ask the stupid question here. When he goes for his court appearance, what exactly is that for? Just to inform him of what he's being charged with???

I'm going to ask the stupid question here. When he goes for his court appearance, what exactly is that for? Just to inform him of what he's being charged with???

It seems to be a preliminary hearing of sorts. I'm assuming that they will address the future trial, rights, and appoint an attorney if he cannot afford one.

No such thing as a stupid question. :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Also, I may be a bit confused on this but I'm gonna ask anyway. How exactly does the sub Saharan DNA play into all of this? I'm really interested, but can't wrap my brain around it.

Just confused as to whether this perp has any ties to whomever tested positive for sub Saharan DNA.

Moo

http://ht.ly/nRH36

No stranger to felony charges RAT

From this article, he has arson charges.

So, he's a fire starter....not good.

If anybody out there remembers any fires in the area during this time frame, it would be worth reporting to LE. Travis Forbes lit a fire to dispose of evidence...we also know that fire was involved in both Noelle Paquette's and Tim Bosma's cases. :(

Alexis' family talks about Taylor:

Trina Murphy said, "I have seen his face. The tattoo on his neck is recognizable. Definitely have seen the truck, but do I know anybody that knows him? No. Never to my knowledge even spoke to the man."

They do not believe Alexis had ever interacted with Taylor.

"For lack of better words, he's a creepy-looking guy, so I think she would be afraid of him," said Trina Murphy.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23116752/murphy-family-says-they-recognize-abduction-suspect-and-truck

So, we have an experienced predator, experienced with LE and investigative operations, who is very familiar with the area and with the outdoors (camper, etc.).

This could prove to be very challenging, finding Alexis. Thank goodness LE has alotted so many departments and resources. They're going to need them.

He has a trailer ball on that vehicle. The camper has the hitch. Never seen nor heard about the ability to tow a car with a vehicle with a trailer ball- especially a car with front wheel drive-that has to be towed with the front end off of the ground.

I asked my dad, who owned a towing company as well as DH. I would love to hear how to do this- as my trucks that pull our camper and boat both have trailer balls on the back- could save me some time waiting for roadside assistance.
OOPs, not a country born person. I called the ball a hitch. But the point is, he may have towed that car to C-ville and thus had his own ride back. As to dropping a car off in a parking lot, it was left in the dark area near two apartment complexes. If anyone saw that they may have thought someone was just leaving their broken down car there because they didn't have enough money to get it fixed yet. Just a thought...

From this article, he has arson charges.

So, he's a fire starter....not good.

If anybody out there remembers any fires in the area during this time frame, it would be worth reporting to LE. Travis Forbes lit a fire to dispose of evidence...we also know that fire was involved in both Noelle Paquette's and Tim Bosma's cases. :(

Geez!! RAT was into a little bit of everything. Maybe it would be best if we think about what this dude WASN'T into.

So, we have an experienced predator, experienced with LE and investigative operations, who is very familiar with the area and with the outdoors (camper, etc.).

This could prove to be very challenging, finding Alexis. Thank goodness LE has alotted so many departments and resources. They're going to need them.

This is where I believe his vehicle comes into play. FBI not only released photographs of RAT himself, but of his vehicle. I can only imagine they want to see if he was witnessed anywhere suspicious or out of the ordinary in the past week.

Depending on the date, that may definitely put Brittnae Drexel on the list.

Thought there was a main suspect in Brittany's case who lived very near to where her phone last pinged (very, very dangerous terrain!)...(Brittany's case is also featured on ID "Disappeared")

FYI- for your awareness space:
"a lakefront community where Taylor kept a camper, and where they said he would sometimes hold parties. "

This community is

"investigators searched the Greene Acres subdivision and had divers search its lake on multiple occasions, but if they found anything to suggest Samantha had been there, they're not saying. "

Also: He lost his home in the Eheart's Corner trailer park on Ridge Road in Orange County. Unemployed and unable to make rent, he says he was recently evicted.

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 38m
An adult store's surveillance video helped investigators track down the man they suspect abducted #AlexisMurphy. http://ht.ly/nS3rY

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but thought I would share.

Edit: http://www.nbc29.com/story/23118650/tracking-down-abduction-suspect-randy-taylor

"camo-wrapped Suburban at that time."

slightly o/t, but we've talked a lot about these wraps...IIRC, in the thread about the possible abduction of the unknown little boy on July 4th...

FYI- for your awareness space:
"a lakefront community where Taylor kept a camper, and where they said he would sometimes hold parties. "

This community is

"investigators searched the Greene Acres subdivision and had divers search its lake on multiple occasions, but if they found anything to suggest Samantha had been there, they're not saying. "

Also: He lost his home in the Eheart's Corner trailer park on Ridge Road in Orange County. Unemployed and unable to make rent, he says he was recently evicted.

http://www.readthehook.com/108360/l...amily-mourns-suspect-claims-police-harassment

I wonder, any vacant or abandoned trailers around there? Maybe even one he used to live in, who knows...obviously also hunting leases / shacks, cabins, sheds in the woods...<thinking out loud>...

I also can't help but wonder if he has any fellow creep alliances...maybe someone he met in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member