DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

From the 11th
Bedford News ‏@BedfordInformer 11 Aug
Sources at the Nelson County Sheriff's office say the suspect was at the Liberty gas station & pursued #Alexis from that location

Thanks. I'm still going to keep my theory in mind.

I also feel that she would have sent a tweet if someone said something was wrong with her car. In my opinion, somehow, he got her phone away from her. I don't usually lock my car door at the gas station and sometimes I leave my phone in the seat (should not be on cell phone at the pump). Maybe he took it. I think that if she was suspicious before she went to pay for the gas she would have said something.
SBM. I'm sorry you are feeling so distraught over this. I don't live nearby, but can imagine how anxious the community is.

Re: the phone. I think that is a very interesting theory and I agree that it is in the realm of possibility.

One of the articles said he did odd jobs here and there, and another said he worked part time at a car lot in Ruckersville. Not sure when he worked in Ruckersville though. I don't think any of it is clear. He seems to have a lot of sketchy details about his life. It's about 47 miles from Lovingston to Ruckersville.

Yes, very vague details. There is this:

"We knew he had a past, because he’d been honest with us," Taylor’s employer, Tere Vann, said Monday at the Ruckersville car lot where he’s worked off and on for the past five years."

But that doesn't tell us much.
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/article_7945f6ac-0365-11e3-9eb7-0019bb30f31a.html

Eclipse90 - Ditto. Sometimes these cases just seem to grab me and this one did. I don't know her nor do I live in the area (my daughter lives in the county south of Nelson) but it just grabbed me and I'm very heartsick. I just hope there is some resolution soon. It's very hard to stay positive the more time passes.

RAT is so disturbed that I don't think threatening him w/ the death penalty or offering to take if off the table would work. I am sure that he prefers to die.

I also find it interesting that he does not even get to go to court, he has to appear via video. I wonder if he is in solitary confinement.

fyi we cannot post comments it is rumor. You can direct people to those comments by a link and using the time or initials but not post them...just a friendly reminder so no one gets a time out.

Just catching up somewhat so bear with me please....

dont think google is fully up to do date... what looks like a quarry is actually where they were in the process of building some buildings that are now built... just fyi

Jaunt is not a commuter transportation like a bus line!!! not like you think... it is for elderly & disabled and you have to call ahead and schedule in order for them to come get you and often even then it is hard to get them to pick you up... (my mom works home health care and has to call them for her clients) it is NOT public transportation, as in a bus line, that anyone can just use

-Yes, I updated my comment about the quarry. It wasn't on google maps but on bing maps and I realized after I looked on my computer instead of my phone that it wasn't a quarry. :)

-RE: Jaunt not being a commuter busline... according to their website it is. No, it isn't your typical public transport system such as a bus that runs a number of times a day where a person can just hop on with a card or money. But it IS a commuter bus. And he could have very well used it to get back to Nelson County from C'ville if he had planned ahead.

JAUNT, Inc. is a regional transportation system providing service to the citizens of Charlottesville, Albemarle, Fluvanna, Louisa, Nelson, Buckingham and Amherst Counties. Organized in 1975, JAUNT is recognized both statewide and nationally for its high quality service, performance record and efficient coordinated service.

This public transportation system makes over 290,000 trips each year, carrying riders to work, doctor’s appointments, shopping and other leisure activities. JAUNT is owned by the local governments it serves and uses federal, state and local funding to supplement fares and agency payments.

http://www.ridejaunt.org/nelson.asp

Nope, not if he got early realease as in serve one day get credit for two. That could put him outside as early as January 1995. Because the arrest came down in Oct 1992. So, depending on if he waited in jail and got credit for time served and then got two for one credit...he may have been out by that time.

Was it not reported that he had his sentence suspended (for the arson) after a plea deal to pay the money back for damages?
Would that not put him back on the streets quite quickly after his sentence?

Since the jaunt bus only runs M-F, Alexis was abducted on Saturday, would he have had to call on Monday to schedule for a Tuesday ride? That wouldn't work, I thought someone spotted the car on Monday. Unless the bus has an operator to schedule on weekends.

These are some that I am putting in the "less possible" category. The group seems split on Morgan. I don't think she fits and then there is the DNA. Others seems to have pretty strong suspects in their cases or are a little too far from the area.

Sarah Lee Murray 2/18/1997 14 Kenbridge, Va. Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.phpt=102359&highlight=Sarah+Lee+Murray

Hattie Gertrude Brown 5/16/2009 48 Halifax, Va. Missing

Dashad "Sage" Smith 1/4/2013 19 Charlottesville, VA Missing

Heather Hodges 4/16/2012 22 Rocky Mount, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.phpt=169692&highlight=Heather+Hodges

Virginia Morgan-Harrington 10/20/2009 17 Charlottesville, VA found deceased

Margaret Stamper-White 5/13/2008 37 Crimora, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.phpt=68653&highlight=Margaret+Stamper+White

Rachel Nicole Good 10/18/2003 20 Elkton, VA Missing http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.phpt=117312&highlight=Rachel+Nicole+Good

Heather Hodges is from my area, and her boyfriend has always been the prime suspect, but they never had enough to charge him. He was abusive towards her, her family (he was arrested for assaulting her mother), and was the last person to see her when she just "vanished" from her own house. Everyone around here is pretty sure he did it, so am I. So you can probably take her off the list.

Was it not reported that he had his sentence suspended (for the arson) after a plea deal to pay the money back for damages?
Would that not put him back on the streets quite quickly after his sentence?

Yes it was, $19k iirc

RAT is so disturbed that I don't think threatening him w/ the death penalty or offering to take if off the table would work. I am sure that he prefers to die.

I also find it interesting that he does not even get to go to court, he has to appear via video. I wonder if he is in solitary confinement.

this is commonly done in nelson for any offender held at the C/A Joint Complex..

fyi we cannot post comments it is rumor. You can direct people to those comments by a link and using the time or initials but not post them...just a friendly reminder so no one gets a time out.

oh, oh... right... so, very, very sorry, I knew that and completely blanked on it... my apologies... and thank you... :)

-Yes, I updated my comment about the quarry. It wasn't on google maps but on bing maps and I realized after I looked on my computer instead of my phone that it wasn't a quarry. :)

-RE: Jaunt not being a commuter busline... according to their website it is. No, it isn't your typical public transport system such as a bus that runs a number of times a day where a person can just hop on with a card or money. But it IS a commuter bus. And he could have very well used it to get back to Nelson County from C'ville if he had planned ahead.

http://www.ridejaunt.org/nelson.asp

yeah, I always love looking at my own place on google and trying to figure out how long ago the pic was taken based on how my garden looks!

as for Jaunt... I know what the website says... I'm just saying that Jaunt is an issue around here... they are difficult to get a ride with... and you have to call them and make arrangements for them to come get you at a per-arranged location... plus for nelson/chville, its only M-F and last trip is by 5, retuning to Lovingston IIRC.... I know their website looks all shiny, but their service, not so much... at least not out here in the county.. just FYI and IMO

One of the articles said he did odd jobs here and there, and another said he worked part time at a car lot in Ruckersville. Not sure when he worked in Ruckersville though. I don't think any of it is clear. He seems to have a lot of sketchy details about his life. It's about 47 miles from Lovingston to Ruckersville.

There arent many jobs where he lived so a 30+min commute isnt anything. Also, not alot of people would hire him with his record.

this is commonly done in nelson for any offender held at the C/A Joint Complex..

oh, oh... right... so, very, very sorry, I knew that and completely blanked on it... my apologies... and thank you... :)

yeah, I always love looking at my own place on google and trying to figure out how long ago the pic was taken based on how my garden looks!

as for Jaunt... I know what the website says... I'm just saying that Jaunt is an issue around here... they are difficult to get a ride with... and you have to call them and make arrangements for them to come get you at a per-arranged location... plus for nelson/chville, its only M-F and last trip is by 5, retuning to Lovingston IIRC.... I know their website looks all shiny, but their service, not so much... at least not out here in the county.. just FYI and IMO

hahaha me too!

he has an appearance today 130..anyone know if it will be streamed?TIA

Someone noted power lines and a quarry that turned out to be a construction site.

The power line right of way might be a good access for someone disposing of a body as it gives them an access into forested areas without the risk of being seen on a road or trail. Within 20 feet of the right of way on both sides would be an area I would be looking in. I would probably ask the construction company what was happening on the site around the time she went missing, like a concrete pour or back-filling a foundation where putting in a body with just enough dirt over it to hide it would ensure it would be a long time before anyone found remains.

so if wanting to make an all inclusive map, with all the missing/deceased women locations... including those south of Nelson... because there's a few... and those east from VA beach... those west on Blue Ridge parkway and App Trail.. and those north of Nelson... going toward NOVA...combined/overlapped with his whereabouts/locations/employements over the years... first let me ask, is someone already already in process of this and if so anything I can do to help, and if not... easiest way to do this?

Ha ha. We do that too, with google. What vehicles we had, sometimes we can even tell that we were working in a certain part of the property based on where the vehicles are! Kind of spooky!

That's good to know about Jaunt. However, I wouldn't say their website was shiny. :p (ETA - meaning the website to me seems to fit your assessment of their service. That's too bad, as it could be a great service for rural areas.)

Excellent deductions....I'd like all campsites he visited verified as well.

One of the reports from the SC case mentioned they searched a camp site called 'Green Acres'. This is where the two twenty something acquaintences suggested he partied at and took people to.
I had an aerial look at the following site for the camo truck or camper van, but couldnt see anything.
Not sure if this is even the camp site in question, but it's the nearest to his home area. also almost equidistant from Lovingston and Virginia Beach.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Lovingston,+VA,+United+States&daddr=Green+Acres,+United+States&hl=en&ll=37.605528,-76.536255&spn=1.523131,2.114868&sll=37.168353,-77.501893&sspn=0.011969,0.016522&geocode=FT8rQAIdJodM-yk7tVqrmRKziTFuVqRASBiqzA%3BFVUUNwIdmj9h-ykLeHcbIaOxiTGVfoiZtXTHXA&t=h&mra=ls&z=8

Still catching up so I don't know if this has been pointed out, but Jaunt (the commuter bus) doesn't work that way. The Jaunt commuter bus isn't like a city bus, it doesn't stop light to light picking up random people and it only takes its subscribed riders to certain key locations in Charlottesville and back to their homes or where they're parked (make shift park n ride type places) out in the county Monday through Friday only. You have to get on the list to be able to use it. It's a state subsidized route.

Two things I have read about RAT in MSM are;
* He moved to his current abode sometime in the Fall of 2012.
* He worked at the 'Drive Away' car lot off and on for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli