VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to point out that the Bradleys have had the Jas pictures examined by a reputable expert at identifying people in photographs and that expert is sure Jas is Amy. So it's not just the Bradleys alone and their 'parents' intuition.

This. The Bradley's did get in touch with a forensic detective, Wesley Neville does not just do photographic identifications but also 2D and 3D Facial Reconstructions, Composite Drawings, Image Enhancement, Age-Progression, Video Sketching, and Demonstrative Evidence. Wesley has assisted in cases from around the world.

Y1WOdTE.jpg

The forensic evaluations determined that the woman named ''Jas'' was in fact Amy Bradley. He was so convinced he assured the Bradley's he would even bet his career on it.

Thank you for bumping that picture, Murkywaters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. The Bradley's did get in touch with a forensic detective, Wesley Neville does not just do photographic identifications but also 2D and 3D Facial Reconstructions, Composite Drawings, Image Enhancement, Age-Progression, Video Sketching, and Demonstrative Evidence. Wesley has assisted in cases from around the world.

Y1WOdTE.jpg

The forensic evaluations determined that the woman named ''Jas'' was in fact Amy Bradley. He was so convinced he assured the Bradley's he would even bet his career on it.

Thank you MW, I saw this before but it's still chilling. I just searched out his website and it says he does a lot of work with the Doe Network.

http://www.forensicartist.com/doenetwork/bio.html

In post # 710 Addysmom's photo..to me the split screen one, the left half is 'excotica' and the one on the right is, imo, 'jas' - Amy.

The lower pic w/exotica is different. The pics both appear to be her. imo

ETA: prob really late w/this!

sometimes i live in a perpetual state of confusion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=58955&d=1410789183

the above link is to the left/right pic shown upthread. to me the person in the left picture looks like the exact same person in the right picture. you guys/gals are saying it's two different people based on other pictures you've seen? (i'm not currently in a position to view dodgy web sites). thanks in advance.

Ok now I'm confused too. lol Can I change my mind?

New user but I just read all the threads and bumping for Amy :sigh: she's always in my thoughts.

Her parents admit the only thing they know is they went on a cruse with their daughter and they went home without her. (That is from the family website).

I think she went over the balcony and in the sea. Now, someone may have done that to her-- not saying she jumped deliberately. I think she either slipped/fell or something happened on the ship to her by another person and that person put her over.

I believed she died in the sea.

(If she were alive, she would be 39 now. Been missing for 16 years, 6 months)

New user but I just read all the threads and bumping for Amy :sigh: she's always in my thoughts.

Welcome to Ws Yevrah, it is good to have you on board!

:wave:

Looked for a boat and could not find one, so giving you a wave instead!

To add a few more things:

Unless she was a couple of feet off shore if/when she fell/pushed/dumped off the balcony, she would have succumbed to hypothermia in a short period of time (or lets say "terminal hypothermia"-- setting her down a spiral to not survive). Say the water was 86 degrees f (which is warm water), that is still 12+\- degrees for normal body temperature. Even if she was a lifeguard, you can't swim that far to shore from where the ship likey was in the 5 am hour. Swimming is very calorie consuming and your body burns much more calories the colder the water is. Exhaustion and hypothermia would have set in quickly which would have disoriented her if she was alive when she went in the water. A body temperature of below 95 degrees defines hypothermia.

Water temperature in the Southern Carribbean is actually cooler than Western Carribbean, so a guess of 86 degrees F may actually be warmer than it really was. I'd have to do a historical search. (I'm a weather fanatic too-- boating and weather go hand in hand).

(ETA: I just googled and water temps in Curaco in March hang out around high 70s F to low 80s F, which means the hypothermia angle is very very much a possibility).

Alcohol is a vasodilator, so if she had been Drinking and fell off the balcony (or pushed or dumped but still alive when she went over) hypothermia would have set in even quicker. If she was dehydrated because of alcohol, now you have a bunch of factors that would point to super quick hypothermia setting in.

Having been on numerous cruises in my life and as an active boater, I can tell you I doubt the ship was a swim able distance from shore when she disappeared. The main concerns when boating are fire, going in the water and sustinence if you do go in the water. All boaters have a "ditch bag" with food, water, etc... being in the water for even a very short period of time is very very dangerous.

Her father last saw her sleeping on their private balcony around 5:15ish and then she was gone at 6:00 am ish. Se left her shoes behind and her brother has stated they were partying hard during the night.

It is very possible that she awoke disoriented and fell off the balcony. There are dozens and dozens of people missing from cruise ships to date and because ships installed balcony cameras recently (since Amy went missing) there is even CCTV video of them falling off and bodies are RARELY found. People who drown tend to sink first and don't pop up for several days until enough gasses build up in their bodies which allows them to float to the surface. A body turning up isn't likely to happen in the sea because of sea creatures and sharks (sad and gross but true). In some cases it does (like Laci Peterson), but in many many cases a body is never found.

Good info you added, but I'm afraid I disagree with your theory. There are sightings of Amy, and how do you explain the fact that the photo of jaz has been declared Amy by a professional

Good info you added, but I'm afraid I disagree with your theory. There are sightings of Amy, and how do you explain the fact that the photo of jaz has been declared Amy by a professional

It's baffling to me people bring up the overboard theory really. Shortly before the Rhapsody departed that evening, the Bradleys left the ship in hopes of finding Amy in Curacao. A search of the harbor at Curacao and the surrounding water that first day and the next did not turn up a body, leaving the Bradleys, the FBI convinced Amy had been abducted. Iva described the search that was done on the Vanished program. The search the FBI did is referred to as a "bomb search" which covered the entire ship with dogs. Amy wasn't on the ship. Also if Amy did happen to fall off, I don't think the FBI, US Marshals, Interpol and other law enforcement agencies would have an ongoing investigation going with suspect sketches, verified sightings, photographs of the victim ect.

"We've pursued every angle, from whether there was foul play, a suicide or an accident, and we have basically not gotten anywhere," said James K. Weber, special agent in charge of the office in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Thanks for the welcome all!

I don't really know where I stand on this case, but I don't feel that Amy met her demise over the balcony of the ship. I do feel that Jaz is Amy, but between that it's all a mystery. I hope we get some answers soon.

The photos look nothing like Amy. The woman in the photo looks Latina.

[modsnip]

Occam's Razor (principle for problem solving) states the simplest solution is usually the correct solution.

The fantastical stories about how she has been sold into white slavery or as a drug mule are so unbelievable... And add to the fact that people have knowingly scammed her family out of money for exchange of "sightings" and photoshopped photos... And at age 40 she is still so golden to her "abductors" that people had to stop posting on the Internet [modsnip]. :banghead:
Give me a break.

[modsnip]

The video of her from the night before shows she appeared inebriated and doing mild dancing with the RCC staff member that would be rated (PG) if it were a movie.

I feel very very horrible for her family that they have followed desperately down the drug mule/slavery path in hopes that she would still be alive.

But when the FBI hops off and takes her page down... It's time to move on, folks. About 20 people a year go missing from cruise ships. No bodies are ever recovered.

She was last seen by her family on her own private balcony. Then she disappeared. The balcony was likely her point of entry into the sea. :moo:

ETA: I want to stress that I can't imagine the FEAR, desperation and the overwhelming horrible situation her family was faced with. I feel for them so much-- even now my heart goes out to them..

I also don't believe for one second that there have been "verified" sightings. Maybe "sightings" the family believes could be credible.

Verified, absolutely positively not. In fact, I suggest people stop using the phrase "verified" sightings. The FBI took her page down.

Please link any current FBI information to Amy Bradley. I'd love to read it.

Her family filed a "Wrongful DEATH" lawsuit against RCC. It was thrown out with prejudice.

The court documents list Amy as "deceased"...

She could be deceased, however she was absolutely abducted and taken off the ship IMHO

I nearly forgot: a sudden, unexpected fall into water can cause a "gasp response": imagine falling unexpectedly several stories into the water from a suite balcony. That in itself would be shocking.

A gasp response can cause water to immediately enter the lungs and causes instantaneous drowning. (It's a reflex, so not something you can control).

Also, we always get a suite or balcony when we cruise on a cruiseship and watching the blue spray and wake from your balcony is tranqulizing and mesmerizing. I can't stress enough how enchanting and mesmerizing it is. Someone who is drunk and who was sleeping on the balcony and who awoke disoriented.... There are a lot of possibilities there.

O.k. I'm done with this thread. I hope you all figure out something to help her family. I sure do hope Amy is alive and well and could get back into her life in Virginia and back to her family. It's a nice thought.

I nearly forgot: a sudden, unexpected fall into water can cause a "gasp response": imagine falling unexpectedly several stories into the water from a suite balcony. That in itself would be shocking.

A gasp response can cause water to immediately enter the lungs and causes instantaneous drowning. (It's a reflex, so not something you can control).

Also, we always get a suite or balcony when we cruise on a cruiseship and watching the blue spray and wake from your balcony is tranqulizing and mesmerizing. I can't stress enough how enchanting and mesmerizing it is. Someone who is drunk and who was sleeping on the balcony and who awoke disoriented.... There are a lot of possibilities there.

O.k. I'm done with this thread. I hope you all figure out something to help her family. I sure do hope Amy is alive and well and could get back into her life in Virginia and back to her family. It's a nice thought.

Hope you will stick around, have been enjoying the interesting tidbits and candor.

Maybe I'll complete my thoughts and read along.

I think the problem with people discounting the "fall into the sea" theory is that I think they assume she would have gently fallen in or like it would be as if someone jumped into a pool.

Those ships are high. I don't know what level she was on but I'm guessing 8-11. Depending on the angle she could have fallen in (if she were alive) is that she could have broken her neck or sustained a head injury upon meeting the ocean. She could have slipped (been sucked) under the ship. She would have definitely gone underwater for a period of time. If she was conscious when she went in, maybe she would have had a chance.

But if she was unconscious from a crime or inebriation or if she blacked out and fell, etc... Or if she got sucked under the ship.... Any number of things could have happened that woud have caused her to drown immediately.

Searching the water for a day means nothing to me. If she sunk, if she was carried in currents, if she was eaten by a shark (and I have seen plenty of sharks while on a cruise, both at sea and at the dock) they wouldn't find anything. If she sunk, unless they did days/weeks of underwater sonar searches, they wouldn't find a body. Even if they did underwater sonar searched, they wouldn't have been guaranteed to find a body.

It is incredibly hard to find overboard people, even when they are holding on to giant red bouys. It's like trying to finds needle in a haystack. Whenever I go boating offshore, we wear neon shirts, although we understand that in the vastness of water, it's probably not really going to help anyone spot us.

Getting back to the ditch bag: ours has a EPIRB (personal locator), beanie weenies, spam, water, electrolytes. Once you are in the water, every second counts for survival. Your body loses temperature in the water significantly quicker than on land. Once you are overboard, it's survival time (assuming you are in o.k. Enough condition to get to the survival part).... And larger body mass, even overweight status helps in these kinds of situations... Even things such as when you last ate and had water, etc.

Unfortunately, Amy is not the only American who has gone missing on a cruise ship never to be seen again. With millions of people cruising these days, she is part of a small but growing number of people this has happened to.

It's terribly terribly sad. My heart aches for her family and the distress they have continuously been in.

Wonder if cruise ships are going to continue to find ways to keep passengers safe, some system to let you know when someone goes overboard.
Keep thinking of a trapeze type net to catch the 'fallers", security cameras and lights at ship's lower level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper