VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I just really want to believe JH and WH aren't involved but I am wondering if the lack of details (lies) in the beginning was due to them not wanting to air their dirty laundry (separation and possible drug use by WH). Is it possible that they were so busy trying to look like the Brady bunch they came of looking shady.
As for JM, I just wonder at this point if she does not know what else to do in finding AJ so she is throwing herself into this new project to keep her busy and out of LEs way until there is a break?
It is so easy to peg the elephant but really feeling in my gut there is more to this.

Is it possible? Yes, of course it's possible. When you consider his criminal background, current drug usage, and current marital status being separated, it's definitely possible one or both of them assumed the public might think something ELSE was going on, and just wanted to keep that private.

Unfortunately, it all backfired when they started playing games, deleting things, changing timelines, not disclosing info until days later, etc. JH signing off on a totally separate fund raising effort to help find OTHER people's kids is something I can't wrap my mama-brain around. Of course I care about other people's kids but if one of MINE were missing, there's no way I'd get involved in something like that before they were even found. AFTER, maybe. Lots of parents have done that AFTER the fact (John Walsh and Marc Klass immediately come to mind but I know there are so so so many others), but 4 weeks into AJ being missing with no resolve yet? No. Just... no.

I don't want to sound all cryptic but I also don't want to violate TOS so if this part has to be deleted, please do: It has been made public via a friend of the Hadsell family (found by searching for the twitter hashtag #bringajhome) that JH and WH's mother have signed their names to a $50,000 fundraising campaign to essentially re-invent the wheel with a new venture to do what there are already tons of other organizations & individuals doing with no cost whatsoever: using social media to find missing loved ones.

I don't know about iphones because we're one of those families that is 100% Android. But I'm SURE iphone has the same kinds of things...

That being said, on all our devices, mom, dad, kids, cats, dog (just kidding, the pets don't have devices, yet) we have BOTH Google location reporting, and Android device manager activated. They're both EXTREMELY accurate, as long as the phone is on. Not too long ago my hubby went out to run errands and he went to a city north of us that has his favorite dvd store. He never said he was going there, but because he was gone longer than he should have been for these errands, I *knew* where he was ;) I pulled up the Google location history and the time stamp for the current time, and sure enough, it showed his phone right AT the dvd store. So I texted him...

"put that one down, it's a stupid movie and a waste of money" He replied: "LOL!!! How did you know?!" (funny thing was, he had just put a movie back on the shelf he thought was stupid)

I confessed I was totally stalking him via google location reporting :great: He knows I know how to do this but he never expected me to bust him at the dvd store.

Really, the only people that wouldn't want to use these services are people that sneak around and have things to hide. I strongly recommend using them, especially on kid's devices, and making sure THOSE apps are turned on at all times as a condition of them even having the device in the first place. It keeps them accountable and gives parents peace of mind, and God forbid they ever need to access them for a missing kid, can open the account up for LE to take a look at.

Sprint has a Family locator option, and a "Family Wall" app, but one needs to be signed up for it/them.

Apple devices have Find my iPhone, which can be accessed via the Cloud and used even if the app is not installed on the phone, but one needs the Apple ID and password to access the Cloud.

I'm also signed up for the Google/android location services for daughter's cellphone, in case I every need to track her down. I think I used it once, when she was later than expected and hadn't responded to a text query. It was pretty accurate.

What I want to know is - Is it normal for Homicide Detectives to be brought in to a missing person case so soon?
(If Homicide Detectives really were brought in when WH said they were)
WH said in the phone/podcast interview (done Sunday 3-15-2015) that Homicide Detectives were brought in "this past Monday" which would have been 3-9-2015

WH: ​
"Now the police did verify that information, never showed us a picture. That was on Saturday the first
week. Understand that the case moved this past Monday, you know, they brought some new detectives on board. The cream of the the crop..
“la crème la crème” [​sic​] was how it was put to me.. homicide detectives. I knew what they were saying. I said: just give me your card,
I know you’re homicide cops. I get it. I do, I get it, ok? It’s been a week. I get it, you know, whatever – I have hoped, I have prayed...
I get it. I’m getting angry now, but uh…"

Okay, I'm REALLY confused here. There was the search at Northside Park for AJ'S phone (not sure when that ping occurred), and
there was this IOW search for some cell phone that pinged on March 3 @ 8:00. So, are people getting these 2 phone searches confused, or am I?

I have never seen Northside Park tied to AJ's phone at all. The search at the park was overnight March 11-12 due to a tip. It was not the same search I was posting about. Here's a link about the Northside Park search http://wavy.com/2015/03/12/tip-leads-police-to-search-norfolk-park-for-missing-girl/

(My post that you replied to was about the search in the area of Tidewater Drive near Thole Street in Norfolk on March 13, led by WH)

What I want to know is - Is it normal for Homicide Detectives to be brought in to a missing person case so soon?

That question is often asked and the answer is YES. In many PDs the homicide detectives are trained in a completely different way than other officers and have an expert skill set that makes them invaluable in missing persons cases. It's very common.

(If Homicide Detectives really were brought in when WH said they were)
WH said in the phone/podcast interview (done Sunday 3-15-2015) that Homicide Detectives were brought in "this past Monday" which would have been 3-9-2015

WH: ​
"Now the police did verify that information, never showed us a picture. That was on Saturday the first
week. Understand that the case moved this past Monday, you know, they brought some new detectives on board. The cream of the the crop..
“la crème la crème” [​sic​] was how it was put to me.. homicide detectives. I knew what they were saying. I said: just give me your card,
I know you’re homicide cops. I get it. I do, I get it, ok? It’s been a week. I get it, you know, whatever – I have hoped, I have prayed...
I get it. I’m getting angry now, but uh…"

According to the link below, investigation of non-sexual abductions is part of the homicide section's responsibilities. I believe this is often the case.

http://www.norfolk.gov/index.aspx?NID=2236

Edited to add: posted at the same time as Ontario Mom, who explained it better :)!

I don't want to sound all cryptic but I also don't want to violate TOS so if this part has to be deleted, please do: It has been made public via a friend of the Hadsell family (found by searching for the twitter hashtag #bringajhome) that JH and WH's mother have signed their names to a $50,000 fundraising campaign to essentially re-invent the wheel with a new venture to do what there are already tons of other organizations & individuals doing with no cost whatsoever: using social media to find missing loved ones.
Yeah, that one is a real head scratcher. Like those 3 are some sort of social media experts at spreading the word about missing persons. I guess now that they are "done" with AJ they can move on to helping other families. I know that a lot of the organizations that help find the missing are started by people who lost loved ones, but none of them started their groups less than 40 days after the loved one went missing. Not to mention it was AJ's friends who really got the social media stuff going.

I don't recall seeing anywhere that he occasionally works for them. Before his FB went *poof* he had on there he'd been working for them since last year.

It was one of the articles that were reported during this last search.

Yeah, that one is a real head scratcher. Like those 3 are some sort of social media experts at spreading the word about missing persons. I guess now that they are "done" with AJ they can move on to helping other families. I know that a lot of the organizations that help find the missing are started by people who lost loved ones, but none of them started their groups less than 40 days after the loved one went missing. Not to mention it was AJ's friends who really got the social media stuff going.

Agree totally. The thought of one day Wes being at the helm of that organization is sickening. He will be the one you call when you need to plant evidence and intimidate suspects while lying to the media on behalf of your family. Lol. I would just donate to another organization thank you.

I don't think he met anyone at a gas station on that day. I believe he was confronted by NPD and they wanted to know why he was gone so long that day. If NPD checked surveillance and traffic cameras and didn't see him that would make sense. I believe 2 events could have taken place that day (Mar 2nd). Something that morning after 7 or 7:30 - and explained as dropping off the truck. The second between 11:53 and 1:15. (In fact, it might have been longer - how do we know he didn't leave before 1153.) I don't believe a truck was simply dropped off or a meeting took place around noontime.

Do they know what gas station? Was it supposedly in Norfolk?

BBM

Well, he's a kook, but I don't believe he would do that. IF something awful happened to AJ, he would have disposed of her remains almost immediately. And by that, I mean, the first chance he got where he could dump and not be seen. My guess is between the late evening hours of March 2 and the very early morning hours of March 3.

JMO

ETA: I think he held on to several of her items hoping to plant them and misdirect LE to look elsewhere, but when LE started looking in his direction , he freaked and started to just dump, dump, dump.

Yes, yes, yes!

If he did it, I see this as a likely scenario. Clothes in Chesapeake. Then turn her phone on in IOW, turn it back off and toss it. We've got LE going in 2 different directions.

Yes again.

This is sounding more and more plausible IMO. I think the bigger mystery is how & when did she leave that house! Other things seem to have lots of possible scenarios.

IMO, if the worst has happened and a death occurred here, I would expect that a body was/would have been quickly taken "somewhere" and driving to Franklin from Norfolk is not quick enough (especially for a panicky cocaine user). I suspect that any placement of a body would be likely to have occurred closer to the home/hotel/office rather than somewhere out of the way and unfamiliar. Unless maybe it's somewhere a 4-wheeler might go?? Like in rural areas where it would make sense to move a body a 2nd time to be sure it stays hidden?? Pure speculation.

I'll outline a few of my own thoughts/opinions below...

I'm wondering about whether something happened at the house or if maybe WH just returned there on his own (after whatever happened happened elsewhere??) to check over the house to be sure nothing looked obviously unusual or concerning. This would have also been a chance to grab clothes, etc to spread around later (perhaps in Chesapeake?).

Additionally I speculate that maybe someone might have returned to the house (in a borrowed white car or was being followed there by someone in one) to drop off the truck?? If AJ did leave in the red truck to meet WH anywhere, the truck would need to be back at the house and him outta there before little sister came home. One might think if the truck & AJ were both gone missing alarms would have gone off too soon??

AJ's Phone:
IMO the phone (w/check card inside the phone case as mentioned AJ carried) was with AJ if she left on her own will OR would have been immediately taken by the perpetrator even if not discarded until later. I cannot convince myself that anyone likely would have left her phone just anywhere, too much info potential & too easy to hide it. IMO it would have been strategically placed or discarded somewhere after the body. MOO is that someone might want to hold onto a phone for a bit in order to use it to their advantage as they orchestrate the next steps to take. It would allow a person to know if people were texting or calling AJ and so one would know if & when someone was becoming concerned. A person attempting a cover up would likely realize the chances of risk vs. reward of keeping the phone on in the immediate time frame after an "incident".

Information is power & WH seems to have repeatedly tried to use information to spin things to his advantage (like over complicated story details that seem unrelated but are actually bits of truth?). AJ's phone is no different, it would provided info incoming & give control of outgoing messages thus creating the ability to sckew timelines and delay the contacting of LE. One might presume that (while it seems counterintuitive) someone might not turn the phone off in order to maintain this "control" during an out of control situation. Keeping the phone turned on means not missing any incoming texts & keeping control by responding to inquiring family/friends to help control the "story". IMO that could also correlate nicely w/ a last ping occurring by the Jordan Bridge Rd area on 3/3 at 8am after a few early morning texts were sent to Mom and before someone might have felt compelled to pitch it out the window while taking a detour to a job.

IMO, the gun seems likely to have been w/ WH at the time of the b&e (based on WH's mention of discussing w/everyone in the house what to do about scapegoat/Texty and his idea being "way worse"). I think his "way worse" idea may have involved a gun. (Jailhouse Rock/AKA Wavy10 Jailhouse Interview One). Am I the only one that thinks this could be unlikely behavior if the same gun would have been used to hurt AJ?

Body, phone, clothes...dump, dump, dump... Here, there, everywhere but all roads lead one direction IMO. MOO, etc...

I don't want to violate TOS either, but I did see this "endeavor" on social media when it was "conceived". And it was definitely the family friend's "idea". I was pretty amazed when this was first being mentioned on social media, that this guy really felt that he had thought of something original and new.

Do they know what gas station? Was it supposedly in Norfolk?

Exactly. He should have been exploiting the name of the gas station with the hopes of somebody coming forward to say " I seen them " .

:waiting:

Just sitting here waiting for katydid to go off again about WH's:
(from Dexter's link above)

Seriously? Who does that? Who cuts off LE when they are about to answer something about your LOST loved ones piece of clothing? :facepalm:

That's so funny because I almost did post exactly that ...but I am still so annoyed by it I restrained myself. :giggle:

But seriously, who cuts off a homicide detective when they are giving you information about your missing child's jacket? Oh, I know...maybe someone who planted the jacket?

Where the heck was the neighbors during the break in and beating of the dog? I know neighborhood watch programs are still in effect in most places. Or atleast the nosy neighbor program. The cops is probably mad that Wes has contaminated all evidence that is really linking to him. I would throw his butt in jail too. He is truly playing an aggressive game of chest with LE. Now with the break in he is screwed. But he will have a fighting chance on a murder case ( God Forbid ).

And what is the 50k needed for?

If AJ's phone did ping Monday night in WH's hotel room and then Tuesday morning in Carrsville, what possible innocent explanation could there be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL