VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no defender of WH but from what we know WH adopted AJ, so that does make him her father. In my own family there is a member who was adopted by stepdad and we all, esp. the now 30 y.o. boy would never say step dad. He is his Father. I know this is a weird situation....

He met her at age 14 and adopted her at age 15. No amount of paperwork makes him her father.

Release who, WH?

Not likely, IMO.

The B & E along with possession of ammunition by a felon is a pretty serious probation violation, regardless of the circumstances behind it.

He's not going anywhere anytime soon IMO. In fact, Id be very surprised if he doesnt end up serving the sentence he had hanging over his head.

WH negated any sympathy that might have worked in his favor when he threatened to strangle a witness and then admitted to punching the dog out of anger.

Shows that he's violent and a danger to others. ...the ammunition may as well be his own coffin nails in that regard ...even with the most liberal judge out there.
I don't think he's on probation or has anything hanging over his head. Federal charges have no parole, so he definitely served his full sentence on the bank robbery and as far as I know the kidnapping & rape charges were dismissed as part of that deal.

When I saw "fowl" I was like he threatened a bird, lol. Why does it say any horse, mule, pony, cattle, swine or other livestock of another,

If he would have beat up those animals it would have been a class 5 felony. Beating up fowl or companion animals is the misdemeanor charge.

Yes so he can get himself some snack bags of FunYuns or something to make himself more comfortable while in the hoosegow. Gee I hope she isn't trying to start herself a little jail romance. :winkkiss:

Hahahaha! :crush::jail:

He met her at age 14 and adopted her at age 15. No amount of paperwork makes him her father.

Really hoping for AJ's safe return. I have been following AJ's case since she first went missing, and have been sick so am very behind here, but just wanted to ask (I'm sure its already been asked) what can we do here to help?

Why would you have ever assumed the dog was dead?

I never did assume that. I merely pointed out that the charge was "maiming or killing of an animal", and we had no further information on what happened to the dog. She could have died, she could have been permanently injured...who knows? But at least now we can reasonably assume that she isn't dead, otherwise this charge would be upgraded to a felony.

When I saw "fowl" I was like he threatened a bird, lol. Why does it say any horse, mule, pony, cattle, swine or other livestock of another,

I think the reference to fowl is to make it clear it applies to feeding Alka Seltzer to seagulls. This is a beach town after all.

I would prefer to think of both of the H's at this point as "previous legal guardians." AJ is 18. She's an adult, and neither have any "claim" over her. A little longer winded, but it helps me feel a bit better about things by disassociating AJ from them in as many ways as possible.

This is true. It's really not about who her father is. It's about what happened to her. And maybe later, you will see how important it is as to who her father really is. A father is not about paperwork and not about being their buddy when their a teenager and its not about being blood related. There is more. But like I said - if it doesn't help to find Anjelica, it's not important - YET.

I've asked a few times if anyone has actually seen the adoption papers and no one has ever answered. I'm skeptical that there was a legal action done, and if there was, the judge should be held accountable.

I know I haven't. Maybe one day I will look. Not today.

Saying that bullets are missing on the missing persons report would make a cop think that the missing person or their abductor took the bullets. I would think that you scan the house for stuff like missing clothes, devices, electronics, etc. But if you dont own a gun than why scan for the bullets. Or atleast say that the bullets are missing but let me call my husband to see if he came by and picked them up since we are separated.

I don't think he's on probation or has anything hanging over his head. Federal charges have no parole, so he definitely served his full sentence on the bank robbery and as far as I know the kidnapping & rape charges were dismissed as part of that deal.

The thing is that convicted felons can not possess ammo. Period. The end. Or as Wes might say by fluttering his eyelids: Game Over. That's a mandatory 2 year sentence for a non-violent felony, 5 years for a violent felony.

Here's a link
https://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308.2

Punching the dog.... is what the court date is for.

Some of the photos on the "support" page are a little misleading. To someone who doesn't know the family it may look like they're photos of WH and a very young AJ. I don't know if they did it on purpose though. Just sayin'.

Here is another post where the "Thanks" button is not enough to show how many of us agree with you. Our thoughts are with you and your daughters, Zach.

Im not sure if this has been posted previously but its very informative. https://localtvwtkr.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/skmbt_60115032416290.pdf

The documents mention that WH is suffering from manic-depressive disorder (bi-polar) and has ADHD and suicidal tendencies. In 1999 he tried to cut his wrists and in 2005 he tried to hang himself. He was incarcerated during both attempts.

Perhaps someone should make Norfolk PD aware of this if they arent already? Personally, I'd hate to see him get off that easily, especially if he had something to do with AJ's disappearance.

The prosecutor in this case was trying to have WH's offense level increased to a 29 which would have resulted in 188 months of incarceration. His defense successfully argued that since he had no violent acts (as proven in a court of law) that this was too harsh .

As a result his offense level was calculated at 19 and he was sentenced to a period of incarceration of 54 months.

I wonder what his newest arrest and charges will do to that classification, particularly the punching of the dog and the threats to strangle someone.

It also makes me wonder if he wont have to serve the remainder of that 54 month sentence upon conviction of these other charges.

How can you tell that from the inmate info? I suck at reading these things and I'm trying to get better. :)

I couldn't tell by the inmate info. On the Support WH FB page there is mention of a court date for a misdemeanor tomorrow. That's the only misdemeanor he's been charged with.

Also, on the Virginia Courts site, all of the felonies have a next court date of 4/29/15. So that also leaves only the animal maiming charge.

Sorry to be a pain...but where are these comments that WH threatened to strangle someone coming from? Can anyone provide a link, because I've never seen that anywhere. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove