VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are talking about cases that haunt you, my first case I ever read here was Abraham Shakespeare. He wasn't a child, but he had an innocence and open heart, so the betrayal against him really affected me. Worse, the cold-blooded killer behaved exactly as we see so many times, lies with loopholes. And she was a member here in WS, posting and lying. But hot-damm the WS sluethers were on to her. I don't remember who now, but there was one poster in particular that had her pegged from the beginning, and I can't prove it but I just feel like WS is how that case was solved.

I look forward to the theories platform.

Little Shaniya Davis Haunts me.
the look on that little girls face as that monster carried her on that elevator is forever in my mind.

They are all going to be gone by the time I wake up in the morning!

Productive, productive...

Maybe we could brainstorm on any of the other topics we would like/need threads on here?

I have seen on other folders threads for guilt/innocence. Something like what of the facts convinces us of Wes' guilt, and another to support his possible innocence.

But by all means, if anyone has any better ideas, letbus know! Let's try to figure out what we would need/be helpful in our new cozy location.
What about a thread for AJ's social media accounts? Yeah or nah? I like those because they give a sense of AJ from her own perspective.

There was a teen girl who was last seen being dropped off at a gas station by her uncle Mike. She was supposedly meeting somebody to go hang out.

Come to find out. The scum b#g uncle Mike took her to another location where he had another older teen girl there. Anyways he forced drugs on her and then savagely raped and killed his niece. I think the other girl was at first charged as well until they realized she was once his victim; Plus she helped give the details of how he was texting and setting his niece up to think she was invited to a party. When he really had other plans for her.

Btw: Uncle Mike told her moms (his sister) that he just dropped her off at the gas station while getting some cigarettes.

Anyway she was on video at the store but i guess they seen her get back in his car.

This made national news and was a very sad case. I remember Uncle Mike; But I cant remember her name to save my life. Anyway that case touched me deeply.

So Iam with you about there being some heartfelt cases out there.
I think you are referring to the Brooke Bennett case in VT, except he was an uncle by marriage (married to Brookes mom's sister). I met her once when I had just started dating my now husband, she and my SIL had been close friends since they were very little. Super sweet girl and that same nervous smile we saw on AJ. There's actually quite a few similarities in the two cases in terms of family dynamics and excons. Michael Jacques destroyed a lot of lives way before he had even met Brooke.

I know, MK, -- and I remember the photos and local updates you provided -- I have folders filled with information from Zahra's murder.

ETA: Weren't we on IMVU together?

OMG, yes! That was the craziest thing I have EVER done for a case! Poor Mrs. Norris! Thought she was going to have a heart attack! :floorlaugh:

But to stay on topic, and not waste a post...I sent you a pm last night about the possibility of us starting a mapping thread that is open for discussion, in addition to the stickied mapping thread. One of the new things I've learned in this case is the concept of "awareness space". I would really LOVE to be able to explore that subject more, using the mapping locations we have in AJ's case.

Another subject that has come up alot in this case, even in msm, is speech analysis. I think a thread to discuss/explore that would be great. I'm pretty sure we can't link some sources for the topic in general (maybe I'm wrong?), but we can certainly discuss our thoughts on WH's speech patterns and word choices.

Just a few ideas.

I'm going to miss y'all when we move over :tantrum: I always have a hard time when we go to folders.

Oh no, none of that! You're coming with us. End of story. Put on your big girl shoes right now, or I WILL send one of the Mom's over there to put them on FOR you. ;)

Bessie, if we come across posts from the old discussion threads that would be a good addition to the new topic threads, what is your recommendation for bringing them over? Should we cut & paste, link, alert for a mod to move, ??? Just want to make this as easy as possible for the mods. Thanks again to you all for the work in setting up the subforum!

OMG, yes! That was the craziest thing I have EVER done for a case! Poor Mrs. Norris! Thought she was going to have a heart attack! :floorlaugh:

But to stay on topic, and not waste a post...I sent you a pm last night about the possibility of us starting a mapping thread that is open for discussion, in addition to the stickied mapping thread. One of the new things I've learned in this case is the concept of "awareness space". I would really LOVE to be able to explore that subject more, using the mapping locations we have in AJ's case.

Another subject that has come up alot in this case, even in msm, is speech analysis. I think a thread to discuss/explore that would be great. I'm pretty sure we can't link some sources for the topic in general (maybe I'm wrong?), but we can certainly discuss our thoughts on WH's speech patterns and word choices.

Just a few ideas.

LOVE the suggestion about the speech analysis thread. This documentary should be required viewing first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-L_wRoj3TE

LOVE the suggestion about the speech analysis thread. This documentary should be required viewing first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-L_wRoj3TE

Yeah, I figured you and Lucky would be all over that suggestion. :)

As for a mapping/awareness space discussion...I'm all about that. I'd really like to learn more about it. In Zahra's case, Elisa disposed of body parts in several locations near her former residences. And I know that we can see a correlation between locations (mapping) and awareness space in MANY other cases. I think this concept, and especially seeing it in practice, could be SO useful to us in future cases.

ETA: Wow, that was poorly written. Headache. But you get the gist of what I'm trying to say, I'm sure.

There was a teen girl who was last seen being dropped off at a gas station by her uncle Mike. She was supposedly meeting somebody to go hang out.

Come to find out. The scum b#g uncle Mike took her to another location where he had another older teen girl there. Anyways he forced drugs on her and then savagely raped and killed his niece. I think the other girl was at first charged as well until they realized she was once his victim; Plus she helped give the details of how he was texting and setting his niece up to think she was invited to a party. When he really had other plans for her.

Btw: Uncle Mike told her moms (his sister) that he just dropped her off at the gas station while getting some cigarettes.

Anyway she was on video at the store but i guess they seen her get back in his car.

This made national news and was a very sad case. I remember Uncle Mike; But I cant remember her name to save my life. Anyway that case touched me deeply.

So Iam with you about there being some heartfelt cases out there.

I think you are referring to the Brooke Bennett case in VT, except he was an uncle by marriage (married to Brookes mom's sister). I met her once when I had just started dating my now husband, she and my SIL had been close friends since they were very little. Super sweet girl and that same nervous smile we saw on AJ. There's actually quite a few similarities in the two cases in terms of family dynamics and excons. Michael Jacques destroyed a lot of lives way before he had even met Brooke.

Brooke's case really rocked Vermont, and as Mountaingazer said, there are quite a few similarities in terms of family dynamics and excons. Her case is the reason that my hinky meter has been going off since pretty much Day One of AJ's case. "Uncle Mike" was a violent RSO, his victims had been adults not children and this was known to family members...he married Brooke's aunt, who had young girls from a previous relationship (you know where that's going without me giving details :( ).

"Uncle Mike" planted evidence (clothing) and made changes/additions to Brooke's social media to make it look like she was supposed to be meeting a boy she met online. Brooke's stepfather (no kidding! :eek: ) also was involved in the efforts to divert the investigation into her disappearance. It turned out he had joined "Uncle Mike" in sexually molesting one of the other young girls in the family. You just can't make this stuff up! :tantrum: In fact, during the investigation, "Uncle Mike" was originally arrested a few days after Brooke's disappearance for sexually assaulting another minor (the girl referenced in Dexter's post who he had been molesting for several years and had groomed to help him lure Brooke). Fortunately, the other victim told investigators everything they needed to know, and both men were quickly arrested and not soon after, Brooke's body was found. It took 6 years for "Uncle Mike" to go through the legal system, last summer he pled guilty to avoid the death penalty and was given life in prison.

Brooke's case is so complicated, she has her own sub-forum, just like AJ. Again, a lot of similarities to AJ. Anyone who is interested, here's a link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?163-Brooke-Bennett

All that said, what brought me to WS was serial killer Israel Keyes. It freaked me out because he killed a couple (Bill and Lorraine Currier) in Vermont and also a teen (Samantha Koenig) in Alaska (we had recently visited Anchorage and actually went to the same shopping center where she worked :eek: ). When he was arrested for killing Samantha, investigators discovered he had killed the Curriers and many other unidentified victims across the country -- Keyes committed suicide in prison before providing enough information for investigators to identify other victims.

Its cake for breakfast maybe with fruit, lunch will be cake with cream, and cake de la cake for dinner too.

In the thick of battle comes a bakers hat bobbing, amidst dirty black helmets and war-torn soldiers sobbing

Oh will soldiers stop shooting, will blood stop spilling, so we can sit around for cake and tea

Just for one minute, with smiles we'll dig in it, a sweet bite or two for you and for me.

Its cake for breakfast maybe with fruit, lunch will be cake with cream, and cake de la cake for dinner too.

In the thick of battle comes a bakers hat bobbing, amidst dirty black helmets and war-torn soldiers sobbing

Oh will soldiers stop shooting, will blood stop spilling, so we can sit around for cake and tea

Just for one minute, with smiles we'll dig in it, a sweet bite or two for you and for me.

And we'll savor the sweet smell of kindness and love, where we once stood in ashes, with only darkness above.

Get your cake on, Zach! :)

People were discussing how JH may have come to know WH. We have been told that she met you, Zach, online but no one has said how JH met WH. I have been curious how people from other parts, who don't seem to be affiliated with the military, end up in Norfolk. I'm not trying to be rude but having been born and raised in The Commonwealth, Norfolk is not really seen as a desirable destination point.

ETA: Most folks from other parts of Virginia actually try to avoid Norfolk. We know of it's horrible crime rates, confusing Interstates that cut through neighborhoods and send you off in maddening, out of the way, 40 minute time losses and we know that the Navy is a huge influence there. Personally, when I think of Norfolk, I think of an old chant that goes, "we don't drink, we don't smoke, Nor f()(#, Norfolk. "

And while I'm at it, I can't stand the way JF, the reporter, and others go out of their way to pronounce it wrong... as in "NorFick."

What about a thread for AJ's social media accounts? Yeah or nah? I like those because they give a sense of AJ from her own perspective.

I've been doing quite a bit of research on this topic and already reached out to the Mods regarding a folder on this one.

So a big yes :please: from me!
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People were discussing how JH may have come to know WH. We have been told that she met you, Zach, online but no one has said how JH met WH. I have been curious how people from other parts, who don't seem to be affiliated with the military, end up in Norfolk. I'm not trying to be rude but having been born and raised in The Commonwealth, Norfolk is not really seen as a desirable destination point.

ETA: Most folks from other parts of Virginia actually try to avoid Norfolk. We know of it's horrible crime rates, confusing Interstates that cut through neighborhoods and send you off in maddening, out of the way, 40 minute time losses and we know that the Navy is a huge influence there. Personally, when I think of Norfolk, I think of an old chant that goes, "we don't drink, we don't smoke, Nor f()(#, Norfolk. "

And while I'm at it, I can't stand the way JF, the reporter, and others go out of their way to pronounce it wrong... as in "NorFick."

JMO But most of us locals here pronounce it "NorFick" I was born and raised here. I have always said it that way. Us locals can't stand when people pronounce areas like Norfolk "NorFOLK" it just proves your not local. JMO Also Portsmouth is not PortsMOUTH its pronounced PortsMITH

Overwhelming evidence, points to WH being either the last person or one of a very few last persons to see Angelica in Norfolk.

Thank you-I will start to educate myself on the case by reading the threads.

JMO But most of us locals here pronounce it "NorFick" I was born and raised here. I have always said it that way. Us locals can't said when people pronounce areas like Norfolk "NorFOLK" it just proves your not local. JMO Also Portsmouth is not PortsMOUTH its pronounced PortsMITH
That "Fick" is a new pronunciation. Up until 30 years ago, people in Tidewater said it like "NAWF()CK" not Nawfick. And, you could tell if someone was from Tidewater because they also said, FAginia, instead of VIRginia.

Brooke's case really rocked Vermont, and as Mountaingazer said, there are quite a few similarities in terms of family dynamics and excons. Her case is the reason that my hinky meter has been going off since pretty much Day One of AJ's case. "Uncle Mike" was a violent RSO, his victims had been adults not children and this was known to family members...he married Brooke's aunt, who had young girls from a previous relationship (you know where that's going without me giving details :( ).

"Uncle Mike" planted evidence (clothing) and made changes/additions to Brooke's social media to make it look like she was supposed to be meeting a boy she met online. Brooke's stepfather (no kidding! :eek: ) also was involved in the efforts to divert the investigation into her disappearance. It turned out he had joined "Uncle Mike" in sexually molesting one of the other young girls in the family. You just can't make this stuff up! :tantrum: In fact, during the investigation, "Uncle Mike" was originally arrested a few days after Brooke's disappearance for sexually assaulting another minor (the girl referenced in Dexter's post who he had been molesting for several years and had groomed to help him lure Brooke). Fortunately, the other victim told investigators everything they needed to know, and both men were quickly arrested and not soon after, Brooke's body was found. It took 6 years for "Uncle Mike" to go through the legal system, last summer he pled guilty to avoid the death penalty and was given life in prison.

Brooke's case is so complicated, she has her own sub-forum, just like AJ. Again, a lot of similarities to AJ. Anyone who is interested, here's a link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?163-Brooke-Bennett

All that said, what brought me to WS was serial killer Israel Keyes. It freaked me out because he killed a couple (Bill and Lorraine Currier) in Vermont and also a teen (Samantha Koenig) in Alaska (we had recently visited Anchorage and actually went to the same shopping center where she worked :eek: ). When he was arrested for killing Samantha, investigators discovered he had killed the Curriers and many other unidentified victims across the country -- Keyes committed suicide in prison before providing enough information for investigators to identify other victims.

Thanks for sharing this sad case. I hope people read this post and see why somebody's violent past should be considered relevant in certain situations (like moving them in with daughters). The similarities are shocking to me! Down to "finding" Brooke's clothing that he himself planted. Cases like this prove that sometimes s!@$ just doesn't make sense.

Thanks mods for the forum! Hopefully soon we'll be adding an *arrest* section to it! RIP Brooke & AJ.

#justiceforAJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member