VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the belief that her father murdered her and left her in that house and was planting evidence when he was caught?

Please dont be frustrated by the question-I have been trying to get a handle on this via the media. I can see absolutely why he is a danger to society and deserves a no bond. But I am trying to get a sense of the belief regarding his hand in her death.

It's her step-father, not bio-father. He has been in her life for 5 years. She has a previous step-father who raised her most of her life (and he is here with us on WS) and a bio father as well.

WH hasn't been charged with the murder (yet) but is in jail on other charges. He has a criminal background and I don't think he's eligible for bond, but that isn't because of the murder since he hasn't been charged with it.

His background includes kidnapping a former girlfriend and a former wife, among other things.

That's just a head start. There's more to the story, as there always is.

It's her step-father, not bio-father. He has been in her life for 5 years. She has a previous step-father who raised her most of her life (and he is here with us on WS) and a bio father as well.

WH hasn't been charged with the murder (yet) but is in jail on other charges. He has a criminal background and I don't think he's eligible for bond, but that isn't because of the murder since he hasn't been charged with it.

His background includes kidnapping a former girlfriend and a former wife, among other things.

That's just a head start. There's more to the story, as there always is.

Just to add:
WH was her second proper stepfather and said to be the first to "legally" adopt her.

Is the belief that her father murdered her and left her in that house and was planting evidence when he was caught?

Please dont be frustrated by the question-I have been trying to get a handle on this via the media. I can see absolutely why he is a danger to society and deserves a no bond. But I am trying to get a sense of the belief regarding his hand in her death.

Hi believe09, I cannot do links from my iPad but if you go to thread 13, the first post has a list. Click on the highlighted Elizabellas timeline and links. A poster here kindly put it together and it has all the main points as they happened, etc. you'll be fully up to speed once you've read that. Thanks Elizabella.

I wanted to squeeze this in here, since I'm not sure where it would go in the folder. This is on DNA testing, and why it takes so long.

Why does DNA testing take so long?

Six months!! But CSI does it in an hour! Why does DNA testing in the real world take so long?

Mostly, because of backlogs and reviews. A given DNA lab can only take in so much work at a time. The biggest limitations are staff, space, and machines. How long does it take to actually process a DNA case after it's been started?

A lab that can do it in 30 days is doing a great job. 60 days is acceptable. This still seems like a long time for one test, doesn't it? Except that it's not one test - it's several tests. And it's not one piece of evidence. To conserve overall time and cost, labs batch together cases and test them simultaneously. (Trust me, without batching, it would take even longer.)
http://intrensic.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-does-dna-testing-take-so-long.html

I'm so happy AJ has her own case forum!! Especially for people like me who always seem to be in catch up mode, It really helps :)

Thank you Bessie and CP! You are rockstars!!! :gomods:

^^ I actually hate it when it changes to a forum. It's harder for me to catch up. Instead of catching up on 1 thread, I'll have to catch up on 938748374 threads. After a while, I just give up. :blushing::truce:

Can someone please explain how to find the case forum and different threads. I followed the link originally posted and it didnt work and i have been lost ever since. TIA

Umm, I'm sorry you feel that way, but there are a whole lot of people here who are proud to be NORFOLK (Nor****) residents however they came to be so. This city and region has a rich and diverse culture, a wonderful coastline, the Chesapeake Bay, and the largest Naval Base on the planet. I kind of find your comments a tad ignorant and unnecessary. I don't believe my wonderful hometown had a hand in murdering AJ. ~~~ But I will agree that the highways here suck royally.
Fourth generation Norf***ian here. Lol. I wouldn't live anywhere else. I love it here! Our highways are a pain though.

Can someone please explain how to find the case forum and different threads. I followed the link originally posted and it didnt work and i have been lost ever since. TIA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?565-Anjelica-AJ-Hadsell

That will take you directly to her forum, if you look at the top it shows the directory of how to get back to the forum if you ever get lost. You can also subscribe to the threads and then when you are wanting to get there quickly, go to Quick Links> Subscribed threads and you'll see all the threads you've subscribed.

I'd say a majority of the posters here believe her dad, Wesley, killed her but there are a few of us who haven't jumped on that bandwagon. There are definitely some interesting players in this case.

Jumping ahead without reading ahead but out of respect to her real dad Mel and her step-dad Zach who is our verified insider here, I feel obligated to make the correction that Wesley Hadsell was never considered "dad" to AJ. Word is he legally adopted her after he married her mother but for all intents and purposes, he was not her dad. From what Zach has told us, she called him Wes.

Just had to say that.

Jumping ahead without reading ahead but out of respect to her real dad Mel and her step-dad Zach who is our verified insider here, I feel obligated to make the correction that Wesley Hadsell was never considered "dad" to AJ. Word is he legally adopted her after he married her mother but for all intents and purposes, he was not her dad. From what Zach has told us, she called him Wes.

Just had to say that.

I was speaking in terms of facts and legalities as opposed to opinion and feelings.

Bio dad- Mel Langer
Mom's ex husband - Zach Hoffer
Mom's current husband and AJs legal father - Wesley Hadsell

^^ I actually hate it when it changes to a forum. It's harder for me to catch up. Instead of catching up on 1 thread, I'll have to catch up on 938748374 threads. After a while, I just give up. :blushing::truce:

I really do understand what you're saying. I followed Tim Bosma's case like a hawk. Then it went to a forum and I got so far behind so fast, it was impossible to catch up again. I'll be trying a bit harder to stay on top of AJ's case.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?565-Anjelica-AJ-Hadsell

That will take you directly to her forum, if you look at the top it shows the directory of how to get back to the forum if you ever get lost. You can also subscribe to the threads and then when you are wanting to get there quickly, go to Quick Links> Subscribed threads and you'll see all the threads you've subscribed.
Thank you but it still says invalid thread. I am on my cell tapatalk. I will contact an admin like it suggests.

I was speaking in terms of facts and legalities as opposed to opinion and feelings.

Bio dad- Mel Langer
Mom's ex husband - Zach Hoffer
Mom's current husband and AJs legal father - Wesley Hadsell

Yes, legally, Hadsell was her father. However, AJ called Zach dad due to the fact he was the one who actually fulfilled the role of a dad and raised her. That is not a feeling or an opinion, it's a fact. Just don't want anyone to be confused as to who "dad" really is in this case. Yes, I feel rather protective of AJ and Zach and Mel too, for that matter.

Thank you but it still says invalid thread. I am on my cell tapatalk. I will contact an admin like it suggests.
I cannot get it on tapatalk either. I will have to wait until I can get to my laptop.

I don't mind cases getting a forum, and I don't really have a preference of what discussion format I prefer, but I don't really like how we see case after case get a forum, thousands of posts are made, lots of people viewing the forum, and usually, within <6 months (usually much, much sooner), the forum is completely dead. I understand why it happens, but they all just end resembling ghost towns after a short time.

I use tapatalk and it's not designed for folders unless you're using WebView.

You have two options:

ETA: I use the > on the top left to back out to get to the home page (see image below)

From the Home Page, click the three bars on the top right to access the menu, click search, and type "AJ Hadsell" to query all of the folders/threads in her forum
8135534967bcbb00397e1e211930c9ab.jpg

Or, if you notice at the top of this thread, we're in Ongoing Case Discussion Forums > Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell > Thread #19

Click on the corresponding Bolded area (sorry I don't have any arrows) :blushing: and that will take you to the folders jump off screen
This is the top of AJ's Folders page on tapatalk for iPhone (scroll down for MUCH more):
4e92349d69b8fabca3c9407724c862b2.jpg

ETA2: Once you're viewing the new folder/thread, the three dots on the top right allow you to subscribe to the new thread.
From the Folder Jump off screen, you should be able to tap the stars (they are clear, and turn yellow when you're subscribed)
Hope This Helps!
:)
:seeya:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are referring to the Brooke Bennett case in VT, except he was an uncle by marriage (married to Brookes mom's sister). I met her once when I had just started dating my now husband, she and my SIL had been close friends since they were very little. Super sweet girl and that same nervous smile we saw on AJ. There's actually quite a few similarities in the two cases in terms of family dynamics and excons. Michael Jacques destroyed a lot of lives way before he had even met Brooke.

Thank you MG. I couldnt remember her name at all. But they did a special on her and I remembered Uncle Mike. It looks like he was sentenced last May. Thanks for helping me out on this. And yes he did have a past as well. Trust No One.

Hi Believe09!
I also followed Bob Harrod's disappearance and tried to help your group with the area in the mountains along hwy 330. I live near his daughter. I hope there's been some sort of progress on his case =)

Hailey Dunn in 2010 is what brought me to Webslueth's. I remember a good friend of BD's became a VI from the start and the group was feverishly trying to help with posters and one member was able to get her on Nancy Grace. This case has reminded me a bit of HD, in that the mother brought a violent person in to her children's lives, fake texts, they kept pointing fingers at someone else and muddy-ing up the waters, and a million lies that were incredibly see-through from both BD and SA.

Then, I am sad to say that my spiritual sister, Whitney Heichel disappeared (found murdered) and we were so very desperate to find her unharmed. WS was such a huge help with ideas! I was especially impressed that no WS was ever distracted by wanting to attack our religion, rather than help to brainstorm. That really impressed upon me.

Unfortunately, there were many more cases where a natural parent had no problem bringing a monster in to their home to the demise of their child; Zara Baker, Hailey Cummings ... and I can't remember the rest =( but they are all equally heartbreaking.

If, heaven-forbid, any of my children ever disappeared, this is the very first place I would come to for help after 911. I can not say enough about this community!

I am in favor of the thread to discuss analysis of speech patterns in interviews and statements. There is truth behind every lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member