VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know in Jessica Ridgeway's case, LE went in and looked around several RSOs' houses, several times. They also took dna from all of them. I don't think they had warrants, maybe they did. But they were RSOs.
They don't need a warrant if that have permission. Lots of people will let them search since "that have nothing to hide."

IMO any search w/o a warrant is the wrong decision even if you don't have anything to hide. I would not hold that decision against anyone.

I think they should check the beach/OV area/sand dunes- if any exists there anymore

Yeah and like 221bBakerStreet points out there are many rural areas that you can quickly access from Norfolk. Suffolk is huge and very rural. Also, he is familiar with NC (Dare County) Nags Head area and there are many rural areas as you enter in to NC and it doesn't take long from Norfolk. If you know where you are going, the possibilities of hiding a body or even a person and evidence are probably endless or at least would buy a lot of time for decomposition. I know that sounds so harsh, and I am so sorry and apologize to any of AJ's friends or family that might be lurking here. I know their heart is breaking.

Everyday I drive to work and I see the billboard with AJ's picture. I am just sad. I am sad that a certain adult, IMO, let her down. For whatever reasons, either out of necessity or selfishness, they put their wants and needs above hers. I am trying not to place blame but our children should come first. Their well being, safety, care and comfort should come first! In this case I am not sure that always happened. I know everyone makes mistakes but this one seems to have been very costly. Whether AJ felt the need to leave on her own or against her will, she is gone. I am sad that our community is in fear. I grew up in the adjacent neighborhood. Went to elementary school an Halperin Drive. Graduated from Norview. I always felt safe. Maybe I was young and naive. I know bad things happen in good places and bad things happen to good people but it just hits really close to home.

AJ had been at college for about 7 months. During that time she probably gained a lot of independence. IMO, she came home and she exercised that new found independence. She took a stand for herself or possibly another person. Maybe someone didn't like that. I am sad that this new found confidence, which she should be proud of, probably led to something bad. Wish I could contribute more analytically but I am at at loss. The ever changing timeline has exhausted me.

Fact: This is my inaugural post.

Fact: This may be long but hopefully not unwelcome because of the lack of any new information recently.

Now that we have the "facts" out of the way....there certainly seems to be more questions with almost no confirmed answers from the police. I, like I believe most on this site do, try to remain objective. I cannot stand hearing "he/she is not acting like someone who just lost someone close." People respond to stress and terrible news in a myriad of ways. With that said, when someone actually interjects themselves into an investigation (i.e. launching independent search parties or giving interviews stating "facts" with no supporting evidence or sources, etc) it raises red flags. Also the incredibly detailed yet still evolving "factual timeline" is an oddity that would be irresponsible to overlook. The police are aware of this like the people on here are. I suspect that is partially why we have not be told officially of any one who is, or maybe more importantly, who is not a Person of Interest.

So why aren't we hearing from police? Quite frankly, it is probably because they don't need the public's help. Unlike early on in the Hannah Graham investigation, it would appear they (Norfolk PD) know who the main cast of characters are in AJ's case. When Hannah disappeared the family was not there and her friends appeared to have good alibis. Police needed the public to help identify those seen on camera with her. It would stand to reason that if there was foul play, the Norfolk police are confident it is someone she knew and that there isn't some stranger lurking in the shadows nabbing teenage girls at random. Furthermore, if there was someone stalking her while she was away at school, it seems counterintuitive to wait until she is home in Norfolk around many many familiar faces.

Lastly, I have lived in Virginia Beach my entire life. In VB, Norfolk, and neighboring Chesapeake there are about a million people. BUT...if you drive about 30-45 min south you will find yourself in the country. Drive "an hour away" and its Very Likely you'll find yourself across state lines in North Carolina. And yes, in case you were wondering, the FBI does have a field office in Norfolk. Maybe thats why Norfolk PD has gone radio silent.

Apologies if there was any etiquette issues. And of course what you just read was just my humble opinion.

Great first post! I found it interesting that the word fact was predominately used in the interview. :)

The word fact is mentioned 14 x in this interview.

Fact: 1

Fact - okay, you know I’m not beyond reproach with my work either but my daughter called me, that’s something she don’t do, I dedicated extra time outside of my lunch break because 12:45pm I’m supposed to be on the clock for lunch.

Fact 2

Fact - Boss reamed me. Okay? Now, this is something the media public does not know: About, I wanna say, and I can’t really speak a whole lot about this [unintelligible]

Fact 3

Fact I know someone saw her after one o’clock departing, our neighbor she waved to. What happened was, it’s a kid, I can’t really speak a name because of the case, but the information is simple. The kid that we all know and love, we always wave to him, she saw him. I mean, they saw each other and then he brought to the police that at 2 o’clock he saw her pass by again. His words are “driving with purpose” and “not herself.” Those are his words, not our words. He went to the police on his own accord and he struggled with it. He came out later than he should have because he didn’t know she was missing to begin, and we didn’t report her until the next day since we didn’t know what to do exactly. Now 2 o’clock is the last physical sighting of her driving the red truck back towards the house. Now this info is also not in the public - well not truthfully in the public

Fact 4

We know for a fact she was in the house at 2:25pm that day.

Fact 5 - 9

My 18yo daughter, Anjelica Hadsell, was not present at the home. The red truck was still there. Now understand this: that red truck was moved from the left side of the drive to the right side. I don’t know why. I can’t tell you why. I don’t have the fact. No one saw anything, but that is the fact of the last time that anyone saw her and the events that led up to us knowing that something wasn’t right, basically.

CH: Do you have any idea being in the area of anybody who drives a small compact white car?

WH: I did not at the time. I do now. We can speak on that on your other questions down the road if you’d like to, um, keep on track with the questions or not is up to you. I don’t really care how we do this because the facts are the facts. I have a wealth of facts, and I want to find my daughter

Fact 10

WH: That’s my goal. That’s my bottom line goal and I can only release some facts out there. I can’t release names due to the nature of the investigation. God, I would love to release names.

Fact 11 - 12

Because the first person to find the pieces of evidence could be a person of guilt, it could be coincidence. I don’t really believe in a whole bunch of stuff, I believe in fact. The fact is that this person found half of her credit card – the bottom half, the part with her name on it.

Fact 13 - 14

These facts you’re getting are facts the public don’t have yet. I’m tired of being attacked, I’m tired of publicly being attacked for my past because it has nothing to do with my future and my present. I wish people would respect our family, respect my daughter.

Following up on whether there has been any recent rezoning in Norfolk:

I am guessing we are talking about AJ's area? If so- not any to speak of in that area. Downtown may have had some quiet changes, if you know what I mean, but nothing else. What exactly did you have in mind?

Did you all see there was an update or rebuttal to the source of the interview? And thank you luckyseven again.

If there is actually anyone in AJ's circle of friends or family reading here, it would be super awesome if they'd register and join us. They could either set us all straight on what we might have wrong, or share info that might actually HELP us find her, and help us all see justice done to whoever disappeared her.

That IS what we all want, yes?

Fact 3

"Fact I know someone saw her after one o’clock departing, our neighbor she waved to. What happened was, it’s a kid, I can’t really speak a name because of the case, but the information is simple. The kid that we all know and love, we always wave to him, she saw him. I mean, they saw each other and then he brought to the police that at 2 o’clock he saw her pass by again. His words are “driving with purpose” and “not herself.” Those are his words, not our words. He went to the police on his own accord and he struggled with it. He came out later than he should have because he didn’t know she was missing to begin, and we didn’t report her until the next day since we didn’t know what to do exactly. Now 2 o’clock is the last physical sighting of her driving the red truck back towards the house. Now this info is also not in the public - well not truthfully in the public"

Not TRUTHFULLY in the public---LOL---what does that mean? Another Freudian slip? :giggle:

I am guessing we are talking about AJ's area? If so- not any to speak of in that area. Downtown may have had some quiet changes, if you know what I mean, but nothing else. What exactly did you have in mind?

Did you all see there was an update or rebuttal to the source of the interview? And thank you luckyseven again.

No. Do tell....is it on the site that cannot be named?

If LE "did not need the public's help" because they "know" what happened, there would be an arrest or arrests, Imo. Even if LE does feel they know (of which I am doubtful) they must need evidence to build and prove a case, and the public could help with parts of that, if they were consulted. Any competent LE agency would be more vocal, Imo, if they felt a murder had been committed, asking for sightings, witnesses, etc. Right now, they may just be treating this case as a missing person-homicide often takes on these cases, when the status is the person is unknown.

I get the impression they just do not know what happened.

Yeah and like 221bBakerStreet points out there are many rural areas that you can quickly access from Norfolk. Suffolk is huge and very rural. Also, he is familiar with NC (Dare County) Nags Head area and there are many rural areas as you enter in to NC and it doesn't take long from Norfolk. If you know where you are going, the possibilities of hiding a body or even a person and evidence are probably endless or at least would buy a lot of time for decomposition. I know that sounds so harsh, and I am so sorry and apologize to any of AJ's friends or family that might be lurking here. I know their heart is breaking.

I would think it would have to be carefully planned to still have her.
But then again with being able to do what ever in 25 min it would have had to been. Unless White car people took her somewhere dropped her back and something happened after that. All these neighbors I would think someone would have heard something if she didn't go willingly. JMO

I agree the rual areas should be searched with dogs. There are many if they have a POI they may not be able to arrest wo a body for proof. I am sure the police look at she could have took off as well. The first week my mind AJ is an adult, when she didn't show up at school I started worrying.

Someone else questioned how WH was getting to and from work if he had AJ's truck and I believe the answer is his brother picked him up from the house in his white car that was following the truck when it returned to the house. I am not convinced AJ drove the truck that day at all, although I am also not convinced WH would bring up the gas station meeting unless LE put him there or can easily confirm it. The media needs to start investigating this case seriously and asking the hard questions, like "which gas station was that again?"

Strange that this noontime meeting did not come out for over a week. And I'm thinking you may have hit on the reason why!

I think if he was seen on CCTV giving her money he had to have a reason why he was giving her money.

Or a reason to be withdrawing cash at all. I mean if you had to make a trip out of town to hide something and might need cash for gas or whatever you definitely wouldn't want to be tracked by using your ATM card, right?

Yes, thanks for pointing it out. There were no questions for her so I started it out. :wink:

If you take most of the information step dad has put out, I'm assuming for a bit here that it could have been in his interest to distract from the start, what could the entrancing timeline be a distraction from?

Considering he has had to streamline the facts as they become known to LE, besides public perception, which in end won't matter once all is known about where AJ is right now.

Yes. Yes it is. Actually, it's linked right from the BRING AJ Home FB page. Interesting comments at the link as well.

I can't find it...I think my eyes are crossing. And isn't it amazing how many people you acknowledge in a day by photo or comment that have no idea that you see and hear them. Creepy kinda.

Thank you! That was me. The reason that I ask is because I know she graduated from Norview but after doing an internet search I found a document that lists a different high school for her road/street and the zone line shows the other side of the park. I was just wondering if there was a reason that I am seeing conflicting high schools. They rezoned the area in Suffolk we live in now. Of course my son has to drive to a school further away instead of going to the high school right down the street because of this. I was just wondering if it had recently been rezoned. I guess that would explain a timeline for me for when WH says his 2nd oldest daughter got home.

No. Do tell....is it on the site that cannot be named?

No it's public. I checked with the mods and they said that I couldn't list them because it would along the lines of sleuthing minors.

I have 3 kids, 16, 23, and 26, and I never heard of a GoPro until now. We prided ourselves on keeping up with technology but this one got away from us. I'm definitely not giving WH an excuse, especially when it took less than a minute for me to google it. I agree if you have family involved in photography, you might have heard of it, unless you don't take an interest in what your mate does, or your mate doesn't share what they do.

True, BUT,,,,,,,, 2 hours of researching????? NAH, I don't buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper