VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got approved, thanks for allowing me to contribute as I live in the local area. These forums and threads are great, a lot of interesting thoughts and observations.

I just wanted to add my two cents, it's been an itch that I can finally scratch after several days:

--Let's say for the sake of argument WH actually did find the jacket in the house. I have to believe that any "evidence" he found and brought to law enforcement that was not gathered in an organized or scientific manner would be inadmissible in court. If a lawyer tried to point to a resident of the house where it was "found" by WH, the defense attorney would argue (and win) that it could have been planted. Anything else WH "found" I'm assuming would also fall under this category, so even if he were being truthful, he could have just royally screwed NPD out of key evidence. That's best case btw, and I'm not buying it (just playing devil's advocate).

--I have to think the lack of bond has to do with him being a convicted felon and the charges he faces. He admitted to possession of the ammunition, so there is no real argument to be made about guilt or innocence. There are automatic charges that go with that. Also, based on past history that members have found, didn't he cross state lines before? Lastly, he also admitted to violence and a blatant disregard for police procedures and general disrespect for the police, as if daring them to stop him from injecting himself or interfering with proceedings. If I'm a CA, I'm talking to the judge about a possible flight risk, the recent violence and violent undertones in his conversation, and his interference with the investigation. He's guilty of at least the possession of ammunition, both by evidence and admission, so whether he stays in jail now or goes later is really a moot point.

--Do we know who moderates the "Bring AJ Home" FB page that's linked at the beginning of the thread? From that FB page near the bottom there is a very specific post that says she was "last seen at home on Monday around lunchtime" and "last heard from Tuesday morning around 5:30am." The words "seen" and "heard" were capitalized, denoting a strong intent to clarify details. This was the only real attempt at establishing a timeline, at least on that FB page. If JH were responsible for most of it, I can believe, at the time (Mar 5) that this was the information she had, and the fact that WH was able to provide more of a timeline much later is a little suspect to me, and I'm wondering if it came as a surprise to JH as well.

--"About 18 minutes." That's specific, and that's the kind of thing I remember being taught in a "how to write and give speeches" class that can be used to ensure a detail is not missed by the audience. Most people are used to hearing time in units of fives or tens, so the 18 would stick out and people would catch it. WH uses a lot of these kinds of words and phrases, almost as if to cement his accounting with the audience, to make himself sound so believable because he can be so specific with details. He also repeats or rephrases several details, again to ensure that his point is specific and hits home. I remember doing the same in opening and closing statements to the jury in mock trial in high school.

Despite all these things, the only thing I know for sure that WH is currently guilty of (with actual charges) is B&E and possession of ammo, because he admitted to doing both, and repeated his admission of guilt on multiple occasions. The hunt is still on, and whenever the case gets to court, whomever is accused, be it the neighbor, friend, WH, or someone else, they should be allowed to make a case. It would be difficult for me to sit in a courtroom for a kidnapping or a murder case with these circumstances...

WH said that he went fishing. What I know of fishing, is that fishermen gather where the fish are, so depending on what fish is in season, you pretty much know where fishing is happening. Right now, the fishermen where I live are ice fishing off of one of the shoals about 500 metres from shore and have set up fairly close to one another. There are no lone fishermen anywhere because there is no point in fishing where there are no fish or where you might catch something that's not in season. So even though I am surrounded by lakes, there are only a few places where the fishermen gather. Of course, no one fishes in places that are inaccessible for someone in a boat (or snow machine) or for someone carrying a heavy load of ... uh ...fishing gear.

I don't believe much of what WH says, but embedded in his lies may be a tiny shred of truth, and the fishing expedition might give us a clue as to where AJ could be.

So ... some questions for the locals ..

1. Do you require a fishing license to fish?
2. Are the fishermen out in boats, or fishing off the shore, or off a pier, dock, jetty, breakwater?
3. Does WH have a fishing-boat? Fishing gear?
4. Are there fishing-boat rental places nearby?
5. What fish is in season right now? How are the lines baited? Would WH have had to buy bait?

Just got approved, thanks for allowing me to contribute as I live in the local area. These forums and threads are great, a lot of interesting thoughts and observations.

I just wanted to add my two cents, it's been an itch that I can finally scratch after several days:

--Let's say for the sake of argument WH actually did find the jacket in the house. I have to believe that any "evidence" he found and brought to law enforcement that was not gathered in an organized or scientific manner would be inadmissible in court. If a lawyer tried to point to a resident of the house where it was "found" by WH, the defense attorney would argue (and win) that it could have been planted. Anything else WH "found" I'm assuming would also fall under this category, so even if he were being truthful, he could have just royally screwed NPD out of key evidence. That's best case btw, and I'm not buying it (just playing devil's advocate).

--I have to think the lack of bond has to do with him being a convicted felon and the charges he faces. He admitted to possession of the ammunition, so there is no real argument to be made about guilt or innocence. There are automatic charges that go with that. Also, based on past history that members have found, didn't he cross state lines before? Lastly, he also admitted to violence and a blatant disregard for police procedures and general disrespect for the police, as if daring them to stop him from injecting himself or interfering with proceedings. If I'm a CA, I'm talking to the judge about a possible flight risk, the recent violence and violent undertones in his conversation, and his interference with the investigation. He's guilty of at least the possession of ammunition, both by evidence and admission, so whether he stays in jail now or goes later is really a moot point.

--Do we know who moderates the "Bring AJ Home" FB page that's linked at the beginning of the thread? From that FB page near the bottom there is a very specific post that says she was "last seen at home on Monday around lunchtime" and "last heard from Tuesday morning around 5:30am." The words "seen" and "heard" were capitalized, denoting a strong intent to clarify details. This was the only real attempt at establishing a timeline, at least on that FB page. If JH were responsible for most of it, I can believe, at the time (Mar 5) that this was the information she had, and the fact that WH was able to provide more of a timeline much later is a little suspect to me, and I'm wondering if it came as a surprise to JH as well.

--"About 18 minutes." That's specific, and that's the kind of thing I remember being taught in a "how to write and give speeches" class that can be used to ensure a detail is not missed by the audience. Most people are used to hearing time in units of fives or tens, so the 18 would stick out and people would catch it. WH uses a lot of these kinds of words and phrases, almost as if to cement his accounting with the audience, to make himself sound so believable because he can be so specific with details. He also repeats or rephrases several details, again to ensure that his point is specific and hits home. I remember doing the same in opening and closing statements to the jury in mock trial in high school.

Despite all these things, the only thing I know for sure that WH is currently guilty of (with actual charges) is B&E and possession of ammo, because he admitted to doing both, and repeated his admission of guilt on multiple occasions. The hunt is still on, and whenever the case gets to court, whomever is accused, be it the neighbor, friend, WH, or someone else, they should be allowed to make a case. It would be difficult for me to sit in a courtroom for a kidnapping or a murder case with these circumstances...

Welcome Scott. Great post. We're not exactly sure who runs that FB page. I have a thought who it is and my opinion it's not the mom but another female in the family or maybe both. MOO.
I agree with you on the evidence thing too but I bet he knew that. Seems like he's been to court a few times in his life and no stranger to how law/legal things are. MOO he likes the spotlight and being the center of things. He even asks if what he says is going to be on camera and doesnt even care.
He has to know with his past if he got caught just with those charges alone he would be doing jail time. That's a lot to risk if he just broke i to that house off of a haunch and knowing that evidence couldnt be used. He'd be in jail and couldn't carry out his own justice then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WH said that he went fishing. What I know of fishing, is that fishermen gather where the fish are, so depending on what fish is in season, you pretty much know where fishing is happening. Right now, the fishermen where I live are ice fishing off of one of the shoals about 500 metres from shore and have set up fairly close to one another. There are no lone fishermen anywhere because there is no point in fishing where there are no fish or where you might catch something that's not in season. So even though I am surrounded by lakes, there are only a few places where the fishermen gather. Of course, no one fishes in places that are inaccessible for someone in a boat (or snow machine) or for someone carrying a heavy load of ... uh ...fishing gear.

I don't believe much of what WH says, but embedded in his lies may be a tiny shred of truth, and the fishing expedition might give us a clue as to where AJ could be.

2. Are the fishermen out in boats, or fishing off the shore, or off a pier, dock, jetty, breakwater?
5. What fish is in season right now? How are the lines baited? Would WH have had to buy bait?

1. Yes
2. All of the above. Seriously.
3. No idea but those who fish a lot...if someone doesnt have a boat they have friends who do.
4. There are some. Not as many open now as there are in summer.
5. You can catch fish year round here. I would need to know where he was fishing in order to tell you what he was most likely fishing for and how. My guess is he went "fishing."

My source is I Worked in a hunting/fishing department for the better part of a decade lol.

Answering the fishing question is kinda complicated. Where he lives it could be fresh water or salt water fishing. Both using different baits, different licenses, seasons, fishing gear, etc. No idea if he even did go fishing, or his fishing meant fishing for evidence. Just nothing to go on there, IMO.

Even if fresh water, there's different types of fish, and different fishermen. All seem to have their own 'go to' baits, lures, etc. Some like fly fishing, some use corn, fishing worms, lures, artificial bait, minnows...see what I mean?

So with no further information, I don't know that we can say. Personally, don't believe he went fishing for fish, but that's just my opinion.

Fishing for evidence...or fishing for clues, etc., yeah...I can believe that, even if it was planting evidence, or watching someone's actions, or whatever.

Good points and questions. Yes you need a license to fish here. Not sure if he has a boat but I bet someone on here might know. Maybe a friend had one he went with. There are tons of places to fish around the area and I'm sure someone he knows knows where he went if he went. I guess it also depends if he was to really caych fish or just relax and throw a lone anywhere in the water. There's the Atlantic ocean, the Chesapeake Bay, James River, Nansamond River, York River ever our rivets have rivers not to mention lakes and canals. Theres a nice little fishing shop with a canal behind it with boats thats located like a stones throw away where the clothes were found this past weekend.

Lol are we sure this isnt a fishing forum for the Hampton Roads area [emoji225][emoji476]

I just cannot imagine my husband going fishing if our daughter had been missing for 3 weeks. :thinking:

I think it might be something along those lines. But I don't think it is the 'old news' about his past. I think he did something more recently, that caused the separation. And AJ might have been angry about it.

Wes has a history of DV. I think he masy have slipped back into old patterns. JMO

Yes katydid. My thoughts exactly.

Lol are we sure this isnt a fishing forum for the Hampton Roads area [emoji225][emoji476]

Haha and evidently everyone is Kevin Van Dam. He's a big deal in the Bass Fishing world trust me. But yeah...going fishing seems "fishy" to me. Plus those of us who fish...well we are known to bend the truth on occassion (not me of course). Not a great activity imo for WH at the moment.

I just cannot imagine my husband going fishing if our daughter had been missing for 3 weeks. :thinking:

He mentions taking his daughter hunting; the selfie he has of it, the not "all the time" but occasionally that he would take her to teach her about guns; the ammo found in his room, but no gun; the lack of her DNA; but that LE may have had a bead on her phone in his room on his "bed" in his hotel room; and that his focus is to keep his family together, during this horrible time as the source of his hope; while LE, according to him supposed that AJ is dead, and are dicking him around for information, but never tell him what's up. So his answer to all this is 'that's just me' and AJ mom thinks so too? Well, I'm sorry, but it is just not in me to take anything he says for truth, it is him padding his story around the truth.

None of this makes him less suspect in any way, to me, in her vanishing, nor does it do anything to help find AJ. It's a boon to finding her that he is out of the way, I do believe. LE, AJ's friends who are stepping up for her, her mom and family will hopefully have answers.

So how would she leave the house that day? What's the options? We cant prove he left the keys in the mailbox and Zach said that she might have left in a hurry . That there was cleaning done that morning. Her mom and sister definitely saw her around 7am and might have even walked her to the door. Was she up that early because Wes was droppping off keys that early. Those blue collar workers start early lol.
1. By Wes's work van
2. By truck
3. By white car
4. On her own 2 legs.

Great scratch as a first post, Scott_M. Thank you very much for sharing your two cents worth. Hope you get many more itches and share them with WSers.

His mother mods the FB page, according to what he has said himself, IIRC, but Zach may be able to confirm, if he checks in.

The hunt is on not just yet for justice but for AJ, herself. Has anything he said given you a sense of, if for some reason he may have had something to do with: planting evidence, putting on a show as it were with the items found, so johnny-on-the-spot each time; the threats, which other than talk, amounted to punching a dog, not assualt; and that, only after implicating everybody in the "house" with whom he discussed how he should move on the rumors reaching him, thus AJ's mom, her friends trying to help, and whomever else, but not his brother, in his plot to break in, it the first place? The sense it gives me is that he wants AJ found on his terms.

Thanks again for pitching in, it helps to think off of posts like this... and

:welcome2:

I read the transcript and... I'll be back in the morning once I pick my jaw up off the floor. If I wasn't already firmly in the WH is responsible category, I am now. Shady, shady.

Good points and questions. Yes you need a license to fish here. Not sure if he has a boat but I bet someone on here might know. Maybe a friend had one he went with. There are tons of places to fish around the area and I'm sure someone he knows knows where he went if he went. I guess it also depends if he was to really caych fish or just relax and throw a lone anywhere in the water. There's the Atlantic ocean, the Chesapeake Bay, James River, Nansamond River, York River ever our rivets have rivers not to mention lakes and canals. Theres a nice little fishing shop with a canal behind it with boats thats located like a stones throw away where the clothes were found this past weekend.

I would imagine that fishermen have different boats depending on where they fish. For example, they wouldn't take a river fishing boat into the open water, nor an ocean fishing boat into a river. So, if he did go fishing, and did rent a boat ... bah! What am I thinking? The whole fishing story sounds like he's stringing a line.

But ... he might have rented a boat.

So what if AJ never went anywhere in her truck that day. What if he if he said hey meet me in the driveway to grab the keys and I'll give you some money. She goes out by the van around the side and bam he grabs her and into the van she goes quick. Not to sound like a cheesey detective show but maybe he drugged her/chloroform whatever. I mean how did he get his first wave into his car without being seen or heard? This is just a theory and opinion.

Thanks for the add mods!

I live in the area. I agree with you. I live in the neighborhood, one thing I learned living in this neighborhood is that sound travels. Dogs barking, kids playing, etc. I can hear the kids the live behind my home clearly playing, yelping and yelling after school most days. A car door slamming across the street. It's a quiet area, except for after school. I find it hard to believe that no one heard anything, (my neighbors have heard me and my hubby arguing more than once and vice versa) or saw anything. I say this out of neighborly love, my neighbors notice when I guests over my home that they don't know who they are. They have directly asked me, "Who was that?" Maybe it's just my little nook of the neighborhood but it's my experience here. I always thought AJ went with someone she knew or was unconscious when she disappeared. The thought of WH being let out on bail. Shivers. I am not even on the fence. He just creeps me out.

Thanks for the add mods!

I live in the area. I agree with you. I live in the neighborhood, one thing I learned living in this neighborhood is that sound travels. Dogs barking, kids playing, etc. I can hear the kids the live behind my home clearly playing, yelping and yelling after school most days. A car door slamming across the street. It's a quiet area, except for after school. I find it hard to believe that no one heard anything, (my neighbors have heard me and my hubby arguing more than once and vice versa) or saw anything. I say this out of neighborly love, my neighbors notice when I guests over my home that they don't know who they are. They have directly asked me, "Who was that?" Maybe it's just my little nook of the neighborhood but it's my experience here. I always thought AJ went with someone she knew or was unconscious when she disappeared. The thought of WH being let out on bail. Shivers. I am not even on the fence. He just creeps me out.

I wonder why his eyes went all misty when he said he saw things in the garage? That stood out to me. I imagine there wasn't anything special about that garage in particular, after watching it. It wasn't a turning point into his admission either, that had come earlier in the conversation. I think he tends to scratch himself when he is blatantly lying or uncomfortable with the "facts" being discussed. Could something have occurred in the garage? Could the cars have been parked a certain way in the morning abutting the garage that neighbors may have noticed?

OMG. This is your first post! Great prompt, thanks for sharing your thoughts, and

:welcome5:

Thanks for the add mods!

Great first post and :welcome: to the WS neighborhood. :fireworks:

I apologize - I have been away for several hours and am 10 pages behind. Has this been posted? http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...ife-in-2005-back-behind-bars-in-virginia.html This msm describes other previous charges that I have not yet seen discussed. Forgive me if it has already been posted.

Thank you for this links, Globalgabby, WSers and Katydid23, especially - far all you know and see all the time.

Former Central Ohio Man Accused Of Kidnapping Wife In 2005 Back Behind Bars In Virginia
Josh Poland, 10 TV's WBNS "Central Ohio" Tue, Mar 24, '15 11:47 pm, reports that

"a family friend told us off camera that she's not surprised by Hadsell's arrest"

Stepfather of missing college student appears in court
By Gary A. Harki The Virginian-Pilot Mar 24, 15, writes Norfolk Police Spokesman, Officer Sam Shenouda says

"We currently do not have any searches planned for today,"

[...]

"However, should any leads develop, we will continue our search efforts. You can be sure that all of our considerable resources are being brought to bear on the search for AJ,"

[...]

Joe Fisher's Report from the 21st https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef0LATVwFI8 3 min

@ 1:39 he blinks while he says "it was the fact of the overwhelming information..."

bbm

His eyes one minute and thirty nine seconds in Joe Fisher WAVY report.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members