VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading her Twitter account and two things really stood out to me.
1. She was dreading the cold weather for the tournament games that were starting in about 2 weeks. (posted 3-1) that tells me she wasn't planning on running away. She was planning on playing ball.
2. She noted that she had a broken shoulder on February 25 th. I've not heard anything about that till now. That would make her less able to fight back if someone was attacking her.

https://mobile.twitter.com/anjelicamariee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that potentially makes a few dots connect. I wonder when the pictures w/ the brace were taken. Did she routinely wear the brace for sports? Recently? Are these items likely contents an "old" gym bag that would've been in the truck for her to grab and go or just lingering around the house? A bag that maybe wouldn't have been missed right away if it was scooped up by someone to sprinkle the contents around town like breadcrumbs.

The clothing articles reportedly found seem more like what would be found in a gym bag and not necessarily packed in an overnight bag. (Just speculating there is/was a bag at all of course.) Any chance WH (or another perpetrator even) may have used tossing around a softball or something as a ruse to get her to meet him (rather than a gas station lunch for $$)? Maybe meeting at the hotel?

I'm not familiar with the details of when or on what grounds but wasn't there a family organized search at Northside Park in Norfolk? Anyone have any details on the reason for that search or the areas of the part they focused on? The park has 62 acres including a softball field. That would also connect a need for items in a possible gym bag. Even if the clothing wasn't needed one would assume a glove, balls, etc. might also be in the same bag to grab and run with (just not thrown out on the side of the road to be found like the clothes). I believe it has been indicated that JH said AJ did not have any known plans that day so a spur of the moment visit to the park for any reason wouldn't be out of the question for her. She was into softball so if someone wanted to "talk" with her this might be a good place for her to be in her own comfort zone to "talk" about life, relationships, family dynamics and such.

Northside Park Info from City of Norfolk:
http://www.norfolk.gov/Facilities/Facility/Details/Northside-Park-38
There was a police search overnight at the park, I think there may have also been a family one. Not sure which came first.

Was made to sound as if nothing was found there... But who knows.

I don't see someone luring here to Northside for softball when the park by her house has softball.

http://www.norfolk.gov/facilities/Facility/Details/63#&ui-state=dialog

There was a song!

the road that leads to nowhere for the movie
the last house on the left!
He used these words describing search area!

If I remember correctly, someone who lives near the search area made a comment on one of the Wavy articles about a house at the end of the road being empty and for sale. I'm at work so if someone could verify that for me, I will love them forever!

Something is definitely going in Va Bch. On Thread 6, Post #691
Ozinus wrote:

Originally Posted by ozinus
No. My boyfriend always scheduled it or in some cases had to chase him up on him doing the work for us both. He had some workers as well. It wasnt always just him. So LE should be in touch with them I would think.

This is probably totally unrelated but something I had not seen before and it was in Virginia Beach not Norfolk but that is only 20 mins away London Bridge Road was closed down in a section. There were a ton of Police and so on I mean like over 20 police vehicles. They rerouted the traffic around them. There were searching along the road and also around these commercial buildings with flashlights as it was dark. It was not mentioned in the press. but for me I found it to be eerie and hair on the back as it seemed to be a very serious search. Again it most likely was not related..........

On Post #696 she replied to Mountain_Kat's question of when this took place.

Monday evening.

Tuesday I heard a helicopter flying near the area around 8:30 until ???? I fell asleep a little after 11pm and it was still in the air at the time. It was searching the area between Damn Neck, Princess Anne, Lynnhaven Pkwy, and Holland Rds. I watched Wavy 10 this morning and nothing was mentioned.

This evening I heard police sirens near Lynnhaven and I saw one cruiser speed down Rosemont towards Holland Rd. About 30-40 min later the helicopter was back. This time it was searching the area between Princess Anne, Lynnhaven Pkwy, Rosemont and Dahlia Rds.

Sorry if my description is confusing. Just think of both search areas as square shaped.

anything more on this? just logged in and saw this in the thread - have not read all the new thread yet. Another user contacted me and was going to listen to the scanners of that night. for such police presence and nothing reported -- ODD

all around the same area

I don't want to be a fly in the ointment here, but JH is a victim here and this whole thing about the ESPN video is becoming a pretty victim-unfriendly discussion. Just sayin'...

I agree, it has been over three weeks. Maybe she is trying to get her mind off of things , even if just for a couple of hours . I don't thing judging her for that is appropriate !

At 9:57 am in the industrial area by Military Hwy/ Sabre Rd I saw at least 7 NPD cruisers one of which was Forensics. Could be nothing.

I was just reading her Twitter account and two things really stood out to me.
1. She was dreading the cold weather for the tournament games that were starting in about 2 weeks. (posted 3-1) that tells me she wasn't planning on running away. She was planning on playing ball.
2. She noted that she had a broken shoulder on February 25 th. I've not heard anything about that till now. That would make her less able to fight back if someone was attacking her.

https://mobile.twitter.com/anjelicamariee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

And she was, possibly, prescribed pain meds that someone wanted to get their hands on. JMO

There used to be an old gas station at the end of Battlefield.....exactly where the search was done. I think it was a Texaco for a while....and it has been torn down now. Any other Hickory locals remember how long since that has been torn down? The road that goes to nowhere sounds like Old Battlefield...where the 7-11 is. Old Battlefield is most definitely a more secluded area.

In the interview WH says, "By a road that leads to nowhere, with a gas station at the end". NO ONE would use that language to describe any portion of Battlefield near Southhern Packing or the toll plaza. However, that is exactly how someone would describe the portion of Old Battlefield by the 7-11. If he wants AJ found and he is giving out clues, this may be one. Finding the clothing and calling police brought about the search in that area. The clothes were left there like breadcrumbs.

And I've seen that place, and it is VERY obvious that it's not a gas station.

JMO, when I read that tweet, about the broken shoulder, I asked myself the same question. However, After going and reading many of her earlier tweets, I took this particular one not in a literal sense. More in the "I worked so hard today, my back is broken" or "I'm STARVING" things we tend to say to emphasize something but is an exaggeration. I personally took it to mean that she had practiced so hard her shoulder was "broken"-- more like sore, not literally broken. I could be COMPLETELY off base, and absolutely wrong, But That is how I read it.

Yup. Something is "off." Unless LE or legal counsel has told her to stay (relatively) quiet for reasons unknown to us, she AND the close friends are not acting the way we have seen many families respond in similiar situations. Not that there is a cookie cutter response . . . but this has been pretty darn quiet.

I think, at least in regards her friends, it looks like WH circled the wagons and the teens bought into the idea that WH could handle it better than LE. I have serious doubts they even gave LE all the info they knew. I think they had to lock WH up because not only was he tainting all evidence, but he was disrupting the investigation in ways in which we are not privy. I am not certain if JH is falling inline with the teens or if she has her own reasons to keep out of the spotlight.

JMO, when I read that tweet, about the broken shoulder, I asked myself the same question. However, After going and reading many of her earlier tweets, I took this particular one not in a literal sense. More in the "I worked so hard today, my back is broken" or "I'm STARVING" things we tend to say to emphasize something but is an exaggeration. I personally took it to mean that she had practiced so hard her shoulder was "broken"-- more like sore, not literally broken. I could be COMPLETELY off base, and absolutely wrong, But That is how I read it.

AJ was definitely playing softball like normal, I do not believe her shoulder was broken. I too believe that her shoulder was just sore. Possibly from practice?

I don't like his lack of eye contact when he talks about her. Did anyone else notice that it always seems like he's chewing gum, but he's not?

He spent a lot of time chewing on his lower lip during the WAVY jailhouse video. (We need to give these interviews code names to keep track of them all!)

If I was a teenage boy and my good friend's father was like WH, I would probably not do anything to make him feel like I didn't believe him, didn't agree with him, or didn't approve of his ways. I would be too frightened to revolt against someone like that. I think that may be how AJ's friends felt when he was leading the searches etc. JMO

Shared an hour ago on the Bring AJ Home fb page ... the original family flyer with JH and WH phone numbers, no police.

There is an image of other flyers that does have the Norfolk PD on the FB page too BUT...this image was posted just 2 hours ago! And it STILL has WH's phone number on it! Surely the police have his phone(s) and NOT the family. Why not update the flyer w/ just the Norfolk PD #? Why not at least remove WH's number since it seems he's not going to be answering. I understand there are many of the flyer w/ both JH and WH's numbers out floating around and that's fine, but why not update the flyer for a NEW post?!

IMO it's more logical to want someone (who may not be aware of the chaos involving WH) to have good, legit contact numbers for any tips? Why do the these flyers seem to insistently imply a need to be the "filter" for tips rather than LE? IMO that interpretation could be perceived as an attempt to fulfill the need/want/desire to protect someone...someone other than AJ.

Again, more questions than answers. IMO the family needs someone to step up and really communicate a clear message to help find this girl and bring her home! IMO it seems best to work w/ LE at this point, not in competition with them for information.

https://www.facebook.com/bringajhome/photos/a.798478273573736.1073741829.793056607449236/805374389550791/?type=1&theater

I think WH THOUGHT that if he told the police he was at the gas station, the gas station was close enough to his hotel that they would think the pings came from the gas station and not the hotel. Little does WH know just how accurate cellular GPS is... JMO
I'm going with this theory at the moment, too...

But new evidence can change my mind....

JMO...

Hmmm...

Unless maybe someone wanted to be away and out of sight from where someone might happen upon their meeting or recognize vehicles, faces, etc.

This is in response to earlier response regarding Northside Park. Sorry, left out the reply w/ quote part. Still adjusting to the ways of the world here in the forum! :)

If I was a teenage boy and my good friend's father was like WH, I would probably not do anything to make him feel like I didn't believe him, didn't agree with him, or didn't approve of his ways. I would be too frightened to revolt against someone like that. I think that may be how AJ's friends felt when he was leading the searches etc. JMO

I don't agree that they were afraid. I think they might have had a bit of idol worship and felt *important* that they were having a significant part in finding AJ. I think WH fostered this feeling of the inner circle brain trust--a much more effective way to keep the group together and inline. He was really upset that the police may have broken the circle because they were "hard" on the boys. I think the boys may just have been afraid of police and jail, they are all majors now, I assume. So they ratted him out in self-preservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member