GUILTY VA - Brianna Armstrong, 43, Virginia Beach, 7 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cornell was suspended from Knuckles ‘N’ Knots for three days early last month when he didn’t show up for work on May 1, Harris said. The suspension was part of standard company policy, he said.

Everything returned to normal afterward, but Harris fired Cornell on May 12 after Cornell voiced displeasure over a new manager Harris had recently appointed, Harris said
http://hamptonroads.com/2015/06/arrest-made-death-brianna-armstrong

They were co-workers at the Knuckles and Knots business. That's been established. I'm not too sure about the boyfriend angle.

I'm sure that's what he told the authorities, somewhat easy to tell things the way he wants to believe when Brianna isn't here to confirm or deny if they were in fact in a relationship...seems he's a been off his rocker in my opinion!! Murder or even involuntary manslaughter is one thing but to cut someone up into pieces, put them into multiple trash bags & leave them on the side of a road is just sick in the head on so many levels!

Everything you ever wanted to know about Justin Cornell and then some.

WAVY.com spoke to a regional manager of Knuckles N Knots, who confirmed Cornell and Armstrong were co-workers. Mark Harris says Cornell worked mostly at the Virginia Beach location and Armstrong worked in Chesapeake, but sometimes the two worked at the same location. He says Armstrong and Cornell were close friends, but he does not believe their relationship was romantic.

“We knew they were close friends, but he never really crossed our minds as a possible suspect,” Harris told WAVY.com

He says Justin Cornell began working for Kunckles ‘N Knots in March of 2014 and that he was well liked and highly requested by his clients. It was not until around the time of Armstrong’s disappearance that things changed.

“There was an incident on May the first where he didn’t show up to work. That’s before Brianna was missing. We did suspend him for a few days as per policy,” Harris explained. “We promoted someone here to a management position that he didn’t like, he sent me a message that he wasn’t happy about it, and given that I just decided that it was time for him to move on,” Harris told WAVY.com Cornell was let go on May 12th. That’s five days after Brianna Amrstrong was last seen or heard from and one day before police found her vehicle abandoned in a parking lot just half a mile from Cornell’s front door.

According to search warrants, Armstrong may have been kept alive for several days before her death. Her remains were found along a bike path at the Great Dismal Swamp in Chesapeake on June 4th. Police say the remains were separated and placed in bags.

“All of us are looking back and thinking, is there anything that could have indicated that this was a possibility. Is there anything that we could have done? It’s especially terrible for us because finding out that she was still alive for so long, you know? Our thoughts are, could we have tried harder? We organized a search party after they found her car, but could we have tried harder to find her? could we have prevented this? So yeah, our heads are just spinning, spinning on the whole thing.

Cornell’s neighbors are also now questioning if they ever saw anything suspicous. They say they don’t remember seeing Armstrong at Cornell’s apartment complex off Baker Road near Newtown Road in Virginia Beach. But they say he mostly kept to himself.

“I say he was a gentleman who was quiet. He came and went. If you had him in a lineup I wouldn’t be able to recognize him because he just kept to himself,” explained neighbor Cecelia Loch.

She says she watched Chesapeake and Virginia Beach police investigate out her front door Tuesday night. Neighbors weren’t sure how long Cornell lived at the unit located on Peak Court. According to court documents he moved to the area two years ago. And spend many years before that in the Tampa, Florida area. Paperwork shows he has two previous DUIs but no other criminal record.

http://wavy.com/2015/06/10/man-charged-in-murder-of-chesapeake-woman/

I'm sure that's what he told the authorities, somewhat easy to tell things the way he wants to believe when Brianna isn't here to confirm or deny if they were in fact in a relationship...seems he's a been off his rocker in my opinion!! Murder or even involuntary manslaughter is one thing but to cut someone up into pieces, put them into multiple trash bags & leave them on the side of a road is just sick in the head on so many levels!

It's a major miracle that she was even found. If you look at the map I made up you will see the area her body was found. It's just wooded swampland. The fact that someone riding a bicycle through there just happened to get curious and look into those trash bags was a million-to-one shot.

I think he dismembered her for three reasons:

A) easier to load into a vehicle without being noticed.

B) an attempt to destroy evidence of all the things he did to her prior to death.

C) complicate identification

The fact that he held her for so long prior to killing her makes me wonder if maybe he was wrestling with the idea of letting her go for awhile. I'm sure she tried to convince him to do just that. Like I said in a previous post, after a certain point in time, he crossed into an area where there was no turning back. He knew she was going to rat him out and run to the cops the second he let her go, so he felt there was no other option but to kill her. We can only hope that he did it humanely.

It's a major miracle that she was even found. If you look at the map I made up you will see the area her body was found. It's just wooded swampland. The fact that someone riding a bicycle through there just happened to get curious and look into those trash bags was a million-to-one shot.

I think he dismembered her for three reasons:

A) easier to load into a vehicle without being noticed.

B) an attempt to destroy evidence of all the things he did to her prior to death.

C) complicate identification

The fact that he held her for so long prior to killing her makes me wonder if maybe he was wrestling with the idea of letting her go for awhile. I'm sure she tried to convince him to do just that. Like I said in a previous post, after a certain point in time, he crossed into an area where there was no turning back. He knew she was going to rat him out and run to the cops the second he let her go, so he felt there was no other option but to kill her. We can only hope that he did it humanely.
I guess we will find out soon, once they come back with cause of death. When you break it down like that, it's even more sickening...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I guess we will find out soon, once they come back with cause of death. When you break it down like that, it's even more sickening...

Thinking it may be hard to determine the cause of death. I can't imagine what she went through.

Thinking it may be hard to determine the cause of death. I can't imagine what she went through.
I agree with you for the most part, but you never know...there could be toxic/lethal amounts of a drug in her system, signs of asphyxiation, etc. We know she was dismembered but not exactly how.

What has been done to her before death and after is far from humanely in my opinion. The humane thing to do would be to not kidnap, murder & dismember a person. I think he is one sick individual!!!
The fact that all her belongings were left in the vehicle, including her shoes, indicates she didn't go with him willingly, otherwise you'd think she'd at least take her shoes, her purse & or her keys.

She could have gone to his apartment willingly. He could have taken her belongings and moved the car to the spot. I guess I don't think she had to leave her belongings.

She could have gone to his apartment willingly. He could have taken her belongings and moved the car to the spot. I guess I don't think she had to leave her belongings.

True. I just think it's weird that he'd do that, but heck look at all the other stuff he did to her, why I would even question the shoes is irrelevant. [emoji12]

I'm wondering if it was staged too. The car being half mile away, maybe he thought it was far enough from him not to throw up a red flag. Of course this would be under the assumption that he didn't think her body would be found for some time. I have this weird feeling he's going to claim it was some horrible accident, he panicked, etc.

why ?
I hope we hear why!
Its said they were friends!
They all said he was nice.
she a kind and gentle soul.

What happened?

why ?
I hope we hear why!
Its said they were friends!
They all said he was nice.
she a kind and gentle soul.

What happened?

Do you think they were romantically involved? The media so far hasn't really implied that. However, it's not out of the question IMO. I'm trying to think of some cases in the past where the victim was a result of an "accident" of some sort; the suspect panicked, tried to hide the body (dismemberment/disposal,) and then getting all evidence out of their apartment/house. Or maybe I just watch too much ID Channel.

Do you think they were romantically involved? The media so far hasn't really implied that. However, it's not out of the question IMO. I'm trying to think of some cases in the past where the victim was a result of an "accident" of some sort; the suspect panicked, tried to hide the body (dismemberment/disposal,) and then getting all evidence out of their apartment/house. Or maybe I just watch too much ID Channel.

I do not think they were romancing at all. Why I say that I don't really know.
I have not really read anything bad about him.
His Clients liked him the ppl he worked with liked him his boss liked him.
I think they are all blindsided by this.

It seems he was posting a lot about suicide but im not so sure she was with him the entire time maybe she came back later on.

I don't know. Im baffled.

Sure LE knows why!

When I look at him I do not see a man that is attracted to women!
But that's just me!
I don't know how to post something like this.
Delicately!

Keeping her in an apartment would not have been an ideal place. The walls are thin & surely screams & pleas for help would've been heard. So imo she was being held elsewhere.
And I don't think she was his type so to speak.

We musta been typing & having the same thoughts at the same time....

I don't know.......I think he looks like someone who is socially awkward, strange, suspicious. Liked her but it wasn't reciprocated? Maybe she was visiting the girlfriend and agreed to hang out with him, but then it went south? Speculating, of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back